NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Quick check in here.

Trooworld Loved the pics. You give me hope. I used to have nice cheekbones. Maybe I’ll see them once again. And my chinline.

Cbabie. Just keep at it

Trishastime. I love to nudge people just ask my sister

I did 23 min of yoga 10 min walk
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @cbabie that's great that you are making better choices, kudos to you! It's hot here too. Yesterday, it was 100F or more in places! Thank you, I'm trying!!!

@TrishasTime CONGRATS on the loss!!! :D Well, I don't know many people (I only have 2 friends and they haven't noticed the difference because the loss has been so slow). At work, they didn't know me at my highest. BUT...one of my work colleagues did notice I am losing weight and she asked me about it.

@theslightedgeforever Thank you. You can do it! Great job with the yoga and walking.

Hi all. Speaking of yoga, this Sunday, I am doing yoga with baby goats!!! Yes, there is such a thing lol. I can't wait! It's at the Blissful Goat Yoga. Unfortunately, it's supposed to be really hot that day (and it's outdoors). But we'll have fun. Today, though, is BodyPump day. I've got a calendar on my front door with my BodyPump days all mapped out so I do not forget. Have a great day, everyone! Stay cool (except you, Trish, you stay warm!).
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,567 Member
    Options
    Morning all...I didn't eat well yesterday, but somehow, I feel like I am really on the path that is structured and secure. I didn't go to the gym and was supposed to go today, but it will be late as I have Worship Practice in a bit and my grandson said he would go with me..but he likes later, I like early. LOL

@TrishasTime Congratulations on the loss!! I wish we could layer...it is SO HOT here...it's been 113, 108 expected high, it's our monsoon season, but no rain yet.

@trooworld are you sending rain over here? LOL goat yoga uh? I would be running.. :0

@theslightedgeforever Yes you can nudge...or as I say NAG :love: Glad you are keeping your routine

cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

Stayed in bed until 9am and read a book. Weekdays I get up at 5.15am so that is a real luxury for me. Today's plans menu planning and then food shopping - yuk. I would love to have a 24 hour grocery store and I would go at 3am in the morning when there is no one there. Especially kids that are screaming and parents that ignore them. I used to take mine outside and wait until they stopped rather than bother other people

@cbabie - I am confused - what do you do at worship practise? Do you learn extra hymns?

@trooworld - Baby goats - how interesting, do tell us how that went ?

@theslightedgeforever - are you by chance an older sister?

Hope you all have a fun day

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld. Baby goat yoga. That’s interesting lol. I’m not an animal person I’ll pass. Their voices would be destroying my sense of peace Keep up the good work.

Cbabie. I think it’s HOT everywhere. I know I am. See some people appreciate my nudges 😬. My family doesn’t. Ha

Trishastime. Oh no I’m actually the younger more beautiful sister. What a lovely way to wake up. I got woken up from my nap today by DH rubbing my arm. Evidently I yelled and flipped saying what do you want in a mean way. He should know better. Do not wake me up. Especially don’t touch me That’s why they made alarm clocks. Yeah I can’t stand screaming kids especially those that run while they scream.

So I was in a very bad mood and didn’t get in all the exercise I wanted to. Trooworld remember that cheeseburger I have been waiting on. We went and they had closed down the place. So still waiting. I’m not settling for just any cheeseburger.

• trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie that's good that you feel like you are on a structured and secure path. I hope you get to the gym. We have no rain to send, it's dry as a bone here! It hasn't rained since...maybe April? BABY goat yoga lol. It will be fun! :D I will post a pic of me running from the baby goats. ;)

@TrishasTime I hate the grocery store too for that very reason I wear headphones! lol I will tell you how the goat yoga goes. It should be fun. Good luck at the grocery store. I'm glad you got to read a book in bed, that sounds relaxing.

@theslightedgeforever lol...well, they don't set your expectations for the yoga class high, they call it "yoga light". Mostly, you are fooling around playing with baby goats. I am an animal person, so it's right up my alley. Oh that's too bad you didn't get your special cheeseburger! Yes, it's not worth it to settle.

Hi all. I don't think I will get much meal prep done today. In hindsight, I should have done some yesterday to make up for time lost today, but I did not. Last night, we had a really good salad with a lot of healthy fats, it was called an "Avocado Salmon Salad" and it was basically a Greek salad with salmon and avocado. It was delicious. Here is where I got it from: https://cafedelites.com/salmon-salad/

I went to BodyPump yesterday. It's getting a bit easier but not easy by any stretch of the imagination. Have a good day!
  • Valeri_Rose
    Valeri_Rose Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well I have decided to give WW another go at it but I will still keep MFP If anyone would like to add me on WW please feel free to do so Valeri_Mari
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld. So now you know what to do for next time I’ve just never developed a taste for avacado. The salad sounds good though

Valeri_Rose. Welcome. Maybe this time will be the one that gets you to goal

I did 50 min exercise. Treadmill stretching and a 5 min walk outside
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Valeri_Rose I'm still a WW member so I added you. I hope you find your groove with WW.

@theslightedgeforever yes. Funny thing about avocado, I never had one before I moved to CA! It was a good salad. Great job on the exercise. Thanks for the highlights!!!

Hi all. I had a lot of fun yesterday at BABY GOAT YOGA! Yes, it's a thing. At least here in CA. lol Yoga with baby goats. They walk all over your backs while you are in pose, they stand on you, you hold them and cuddle them, if you are unlucky they pee or poop on your mat! (I was not unlucky!) It wasn't good exercise because we were mostly giggling and playing with the goats, but it was fun. Here are a few pics from the event. I came home and had a massive migraine from the heat (it was 100F out there, and even though I was in the shade, it had an affect). I only got one meal prepped so my week may be challenging.
    3oz2w99453nl.jpg
    my514qcpia4d.jpg
    n1kbeztxjuyi.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    I lost 2.6 lbs this week

4qd2nqw13jpw.gif
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld. The goats are cute and it looked like you had fun. That’s relaxing right there. Ok until you mentioned the poop and pee. Lol. Can you do a bit more meal prep tonight or just make it really simple this next week. Eggs or other zero point foods with a bit of something else thrown in

Gemwolf. Yaaay on your loss. Let’s repeat again this next week

The reading bug got a hold of me and wouldn’t let go. I got in 5 min exercise. So now I know don’t bring Kindle with me to breakfast. I sit outside each morning and just kept sitting til I got too hot. But then I was in a good place in the story.......so I said I’ll just finish this chapter and you all know how things went from there. It’s like one more episode of Netflix
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever congratulations, your plan is working!!! The goat yoga was a lot of fun (except that part you mentioned). Unfortunately, I get home every night at about 6pm, and I have to go to bed at 8pm, so that leaves me 2 hours to walk the dog, make dinner and eat and get ready for bed. So...not much time to make any extra meals, unfortunately. I hate eggs and barely can eat them for breakfast lol. I already bought stuff for my meal plan so I have to stick with that. Luckily, it's not too complicated. I'll just have to get 'er done. I know what you mean about reading, I'm that way too! :)

@gemwolf110 congrats on your loss as well! It's really fun, you should try it!

Hi all. My new plan is to go to BodyPump on Mon, Wed before work and Sat mornings. I couldn't go before work yesterday because I had to be at work at 6:30 so I decided to go to the 5:30pm class instead. It was a 50/50 chance that I would actually show up, based on how tired I was and if I could make it because of traffic and whatnot. But I did it, I made it. I peeked at the scale this morning and, if the number holds, I should have a good loss on Thursday.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I have been MIA and not staying totally on plan, but I am trying.

@trooworld yea no goats for me...I barely handle the dogs that my grandkids have..LOL
    @theslightedgeforever good for you, yea the reading bug needs to get me...I am behind in many things.
    @gemwolf110 you and Trooworld can do goat yoga together and I stick with my machine...LOL

have a great day guys

cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

Got sent home from work and went straight to the doctors - seems I have a chest infection, on anti's but terribly tired. Coughing dissipates as long as I am really rugged up :( No exercise for me this week :(

@theslightedgeforever - The younger more beautiful sister - love it :) Wonder if you will get a bite? Nice job on 50 min. Love your weight loss this week.

@valeri_Rose - Nice to see you here. I am no longer a WW member but I think a few of the group here are.

@trooworld - Is CA California?? Mmm.. I am with theslightedgeforever - no baby goat yoga for me

@cbabie - Trying is good, it is better than giving up :)

Got to go

Trish

• trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie keep trying, don't give up. :) Yeah, the goats aren't for everyone! lol

@TrishasTime oh, do take care! I hope you feel better soon. Yes, CA is California. Okay, all the baby goats for me then hahaha!

Hi all. It's been really hot here. Over the weekend, it was high 90F-100F. Yesterday, it was mid 90F. Hopefully it cools down today. I'm going to the doctor today, for the past few days I've been having pains in the left side of my chest and I don't know if I've pulled a muscle at BodyPump or if there is something more sinister going on, but I thought I'd better get it checked out. I'm not going to BodyPump this morning because I'm having this pain, I don't want to have a heart attack during BodyPump! It's probably nothing but want to be sure. Unfortunately, my regular doctor didn't have any appts so I have an appointment with the one nurse practitioner that I do not trust/like. He's gotten a diagnosis totally wrong with me in the past. Oh well. Hopefully he's on point today.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Hi all running behind today. I just dated down and have to leave soon again. No gym, but trying to stay accountable.

@trooworld. I trust you appointment goes well and hopefully just something minor. We gitnrain again last night...now its humid.....

@TrishasTime. Wow I hope you feel better soon. Good news is you have sick time..bad news is you have to use it..😁

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld fingers crossed the number on the scale holds

Cbabie add reading to your Trello board and stick with it. Maybe reading is just not a priority for you at this time

Trishastime. Yes no exercise for you. I kept exercising with a chest infection and then it turned into bad bronchitis and didn’t go away for a long time. I learned my lesson. Maybe something non intense if you don’t have a fever like stretching just to keep you in the exercise groove for 5-10 min

I did 45 min exercise including stretching
    Went and got a Pap smear and my mammogram came back normal
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie it was something minor: it was a muscle sprain, so, unfortunately, no BodyPump for 2 weeks or until the pain goes away. :( But I feel better that I at least got it checked out.

@theslightedgeforever it did not! Great job with the exercise, I love that you are including stretching. That's good that you had a normal pap and mammo. I hate those events.

Hi all. As I said above, I have a chest muscle sprain and can't do BodyPump for two weeks which really irks me but oh well. He said I can't even do the treadmill because that would mean swinging my arms, but he ok'd me to do the stationary bike. I did go to bokwa yesterday and just didn't do the upper body parts. This morning, I weighed in and I didn't gain, I didn't lose. I guess that is better than gaining. I think I have a bathroom trip still in me ;) . Have a great day, everyone!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld. Haven’t got my pap results back yet. Just another one of the cancer tests to worry about. God willing all will be well I had a chest wall muscle sprain when I was pregnant. So painful and I couldn’t take meds. They suggested a hot moist bath towel wrapped around my chest while I slept. It really helped

I did my usual 30 min treadmill 10 min stretching and 5 min walk outside