NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,934 Member
    Options
    @TrishasTime thanks yes, it feels good to be doing things right for once! Wow that's great you are going to the gym before work! WTG!

@theslightedgeforever yes, we are on top of our game, kudos to us both! Thanks. You are doing great! Thanks for the highlights.

HI all. It's 4:30 a.m. here and I'm up before work getting ready to go to the gym. What's that? I never go before work? Yes, that's true, but I promised myself I'd go to BodyPump at 5:30 a.m. I'm so tired because I didn't go to bed till late but I made a commitment and I'm following through on it. I didn't do much meal prep yesterday, just breakfast for the week. I hope that doesn't shoot me in the foot. Have a great day.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,225 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.1 lbs

s2zlq2f5vy9m.gif
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

@trooworld - I get up 5.15am everyday - and struggle , so are a super woman :) How did you feel after going to bodypump?

@theslightedgeforever - I have one dvd at the moment. must say that my lower back let me know that it existed about 30 min after completion even though I stretched with Leslie. Thinking I might need more stretching that what she does

Today I really struggled on the treadmill, I perspired a lot more even though I had it at a slightly lower level. Heart rate was up, so not sure what is going. All I can say is that I am glad Wednesday is a planned day off - phew. Eating good. Still no alcohol.

Hello to everyone else that passes by

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld. Awesome on going to exercise before work. I once did a boot camp for 6 weeks and got up that early. I’m just not that person. I need to ease into my day with breakfast and a book. Then I go exercise. That’s the best way for me. But then the beauty of this is that we all get to choose our own program

Trishastime. I think the stretching is helping me. I think as we age it just might be as important than cardio. I like to turn off my loud music at that point and I listen to IL Divo for 10 min while closing my eyes while I stretch 😀 Did you have more humidity while you were exercising than normal. I had same thought yesterday. I don’t sweat a lot. I sweat buckets lately but I think it’s due to the extra water I’m drinking. My body is screaming we’re taking on water Open the hatches I hear you on those planned days off

Let me go find out where cbabie ran off to

I did 51 total exercise minutes. 41 treadmill 10 stretching
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever congrats on your loss!!! Woo hoo!!! That sounds like a nice way to ease into the day too. Yes, that's true, we all have to do "us".

@TrishasTime I usually get up at 5:15 too, but 4:15 was a little early even for me. I felt great! I'm going to start going. I wake my hubby up by getting up at that time, but too bad, I'm going to do it hahaha You are doing great with the food and no alcohol, go Trish!

@cbabie where are you?

Hi all! Well, I went to BodyPump and felt fantastic. I'm going to start going on Mon, Wed before work and I will continue to go on Saturday mornings. This will be quite an increase in my activity. I was listening to a podcast yesterday that said that you shouldn't do anything to lose the weight that you aren't willing to do for the rest of your life because you are basically practicing for maintenance right now. Nothing will change once you hit your goal, it's not like you will hit goal and be able to eat all the things. I thought that was very smart. I thought of that when our director's wife told me yesterday that she put him on a juice fast and he's lost 8 pounds. I didn't say anything about what I heard but I was thinking about it. :D
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    hey guys, crazy right now....trying to get ready for a meeting...I will check in and do personals tomorrow.

cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Trooworld I like that podcast. It’s so true though. I have a friend that has lost 100 lbs twice. Her story used to scare me as I thought what if I do that. All that wasted energy. Now I know that I am not her By knowing better I hope to do better

Cbabie. Glad to hear you are okay

no exercise as it was my off day. I made a new recipe with red cabbage and apples. So good I kept saying Look I’m eating red cabbage.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

@theslightedgeforever - Congrats on your weight loss :) I could hear you chatting in my ear this morning about planning and trollo boards - I will tell you more in the summary. I am curious how often do you have a planned day off from exercise??

@trooworld - yes I have heard that saying before, I could not see me doing any of the body pump things, but I do like walking - so hopefully this will set me up for the rest of my senior life :) Glad you felt really really good after

@cbabie - Come back when you can - we all know what busy crazy is like :)

Well I woke up this morning, very very tired, craving sugar to get me a bounce. I could hear "L" in my ear saying know that this is going to come and you need to have a plan in place (hence trollo board thought).

My next thought was you need to sort breakfast then it will set the whole day in motion. So I did organise my brekkie rather than take the shortcut of buying and I did organise my lunch - so hopefully the day will go better

Thanks everyone - I am turning this around with all your support

Trish
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie hi!!!

@theslightedgeforever yes, we learn not only from ourselves but from the stories of others. That sounds good, I think I've made a similar dish to go with pork before.

Good morning all! Happy Independence Day to those in the US! I don't have much planned today. My hubby and I are going to meet a friend and her boyfriend at the Y to go to BodyPump at 8:30, then later, hubby and I will make cheeseburgers and macaroni salad for dinner. I'll have a 1-pt soup for lunch so that I can enjoy my cheeseburger and macaroni salad guilt-free. I sure hope the carbs don't mess with my weigh-in tomorrow. What's on your agenda? Are you watching the fireworks anywhere? I'm not...the dog will be too scared to leave him alone at the house. :(
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning guys, sorry I have been MIA, it's been crazy for me. My routine has been changed up a bit and we know how well I function with that NOT...LOL I haven't done the best with eating or exercise, but I have been so much on the go, that I am okay with where my week ended. We have been having to eat what is in the house because of no money for groceries, so it's been interesting to be creative. I had forgotten how to do that. So it's taking me down another journey. I actually feel pretty positive about where my life (for the most part) is going and I think that is changing some of my struggles. (except my internet keeps going in and out..it's my computer not the internet) UGH . most of the time I don't have internet and when I have to use it...it's frustrating..LOL Like now

@trooworld So glad you got up and went to the gym, I see so many changes in your habits and they are all good... in regards to the carbs, here is what I see in me...if I get up and eat something that has lots of carbs in it...my day is done, I crave all carb foods, and don't eat right...however, IF I were to say have my usual protein shake, then I usually am good until I have to make some "sweet tooth" choices at night. But that is a lot better than eating bad food all day long.

@theslightedgeforever was your cabbage cooked? If so UGH...if not, that sounds really good with the apples. I was wanting to make some apples and rasins with yogurt the other day and did not.. you are doing great with your exercise....good job

@trishastime it's a good thing to make "me" time and take care of yourself. We as women on the whole do not and that I think is why more and more women are dying of heart attacks or strokes than by cancer. So keep thinking of your health and keep doing those things you see make you feel better. GREAT JOB!

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

We are 12 hours ahead (at least) so it is 5/7 here. I decided to stay home today, major changes are going on in this household and I feel I need a mental health day. I have at least 9 months of sick leave accrued despite me having to take about 5 months off for my not so recent surgeries, so you can see it is not something I take lightly. Fourth of July is like celebrating Australia day. Australia day is held in January (middle of summer) There are fireworks in a couple of key locations. Only the major shops are open and certainly not the gym. People flock to the beaches.

I hope you all have a happy 4th July

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trishastime I plan one day off a week. Usually On Tuesday so I can go grocery shopping I’m better than the devil in your ear. 😬. I read something yesterday talking about willpower versus good habits. It said change the environment and the good habits come easy. I think I’m finding that true. Plus the domino effect. What’s the one thing I can set in motion that will knock over the other dominoes. My Trello board. I’m glad you are finding your one thing. I’ve been tweaking my Trello boards for one year finding something that works. I found it now. Just figured out 5/7. You all put the day first then the month. Remind us when it’s Australia Day so we can celebrate with you.

Trooworld didn’t do anything really for the 4th but follow my Trello board. Lol. I love cheeseburgers. I have allowed myself once a month Now that I think about it I’m due for a cheeseburger

Cbabie. Being creative in the kitchen might be a good thing as it gets you out of your comfort zone and that’s always a good thing. Change is good. Did you have a bad cooked cabbage experience in your childhood. Lol. Think of it like cole slaw. Sweet yet tangy I’m having the leftovers for lunch Already preplanned it in my journal

Gemwolf. I hope you had a good holiday

I did 54 min exercise. Treadmill stretching walking outside

• trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I think we all have a hard time adjusting to changes in our routine. I know I do, too. Why do you have so many internet problems? Is it where you live? Thanks, I'm trying! I see what you are saying about the carbs. I think it's a lot better than eating bad food all day long too.

@gemwolf110 Happy 4th to you, too I hope you had a good day and it was a day off!

@TrishasTime I'm sorry you are having changes in the household, I hope things settle soon. Australia Day does sound like our 4th.

@theslightedgeforever you should have one if you are due for one. We made ours with 96% lean beef. It was good. Great job on the exercise!

Hi all. I went to BodyPump yesterday with friends as planned, hung out at the house, and that's about it. Our poor dog was frightened by jerks in the neighborhood setting off fireworks, he was whimpering and unsettled all night, so I didn't get a good night's sleep. I'm starting a new morning routine where I make a plan for the day on paper. On this plan, I review my goals for the year, break them down into smaller goals and then what I can do today to help get there. For instance, my goal is to lose 60 lbs this year. I broke it down into losing 5 lbs a month --> 1.2 lbs a week --> today, I will drink 100 oz of water, only eat the foods I brought, I will avoid the free food at work (except if it is fruit), and I will leave 2 bites of food on my plate at dinner. Have a good day!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all!
    I just got back from the gym, went yesterday as well. I am on a FB group for a book I read called Miracle Morning and the funny thing is they are helping us stay accountable...something as simple as a spreadsheet. I had to “check” the box that I got my Exercise in today...only thing that made me go..LOL. I love checking the boxes as done...It sounds like the Trello for someone else in this group.. :)

@trooworld It’s not my internet, it really is my computer. I think the wireless is going out..Like right now, I am typing on my IPAD because I couldn’t get the internet to work on my computer and ugh..it’s working on my comp right now..not sure how long it will stay working. It sounds to me like you have a good plan in place...this book I read “the One Thing” was good and sounds like what each one of us are doing..keep up your mormentum.

@theslightedgeforever Great job on exercise and clicking the “tabs”..LOL I am glad you found your one thing...knocking over those dominoes... I love coleslaw, make my own, but not cooked cabbage of any color... I did 35 min of treadmill today...

@TrishasTime I am glad you decided to stay home....when I was booted out of my company I had the max of vac and sick time you could carry....the only good it did me was they had to pay me for it...but when I look back...I didn’t take time off when my mom died...it was the month of year end and I had “too much work to do”. I totally regret that now...I am proud that you chose to take care of your household...

@gemwolf110 I hope you had a great 4th and are getting some down time!!!

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

I also have the day off - which was pre-planned a week ago. I spent yesterday doing all things tax and trying to sort out our finances for the changes ahead, then went to the stationary store to get some stuff for the gift tags I am making. Due to lack of sleep from the previous night - our mood was not sunny, so DH and I decided to bring in pizza for dinner. I keep reminding myself one dinner will not make a gain. Today , I am back to it but have lots of tasks to do. The main one is I am taking GD car to the garage to get the exhaust done. DH says he is going to do it - 3 months ago and now that she is on the verge of getting her license, I can no longer wait. So will drop it off and wander around the shops getting my steps up.

@cbabie - I am more of a list girl and crossing things off. It is funny, I do not mind many things on my work trello board, but hate having more than 20 work emails in my inbox that I need to attend to.

@theslightedgeforever, what do you do when you are on the treadmill Do you watch TV or listen to music? Great job doing 54 min exercise

@trooworld - Love your plan - making it into manageable bites of data. It does not seem so overwhelming from saying what you want to lose this week as opposed to the year

Back to tax stuff

Take care everyone

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld. I need my carbs in the morning to start my engines but I guess it depends good or bad carbs.But then I have planned snacks and meals all day long too. I do better that way If I feel like I want to eat then I go check the plan and eat that. I eat 2 fruits chia seeds and 2 Oz cheese or oatmeal on alternating days through the week. Fridays is always pancakes and eggs and Saturdays is omelette and toast The key is finding out what works for us and sticking to it. Sounds like a good plan you have there.

Cbabie Checklists are our friends I read that book. I wonder now if I would have a different opinion of it. I might go back and read it Trying to figure out what you mean by clicking the tabs. I don’t think you can tell this cabbage is cooked. It’s so finely shredded it tastes like raw. Although I hate regular coleslaw

Trishastime. Treadmill-it depends on my mood. Sometimes I watch TV. Sometimes listen to music. Sometimes I just think Yaaay on getting on your treadmill. At 30 min I’m ready to get off but I’m learning to get back on at night to finish up any burned calorie deficits I might have.

I got in 66 minutes of exercise. Extra 10 min walk because I decided to walk to a different place instead of taking the car. Parking is such a nightmare And onto the next day which will be lighter. It’s my yoga day plus something else to reach my burned calorie goal. 315 exercise calories a day per week is my goal So I just keep checking that Fitbit to see how many more I need to go for that day.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I love checking boxes too. Good for you for going to the gym! And coming here! I'm sorry you are having computer problems, that can be frustrating. Thanks, I do have momentum and need to keep it up.

@TrishasTime I hope you can find some "me" time on your day off. Yes, but I realized that I don't have 60 lbs to lose, I only have 53! LOL So, I have to redo my plan. ;)

@theslightedgeforever that sounds very healthy. Yes, definitely finding what works for us is the key. And likely, what works for one person will not work for another! Great job on the exercise.

Hi all! I am including a before and during pic. The before is my highest weight ever (248) and my during was taken yesterday (218.7). I didn't realize there was that much of a difference until I saw this picture. It gives me motivation to keep going. Today is supposed to be very very hot and I have to work in an non-air conditioned building in the afternoon so it's going to be terrible. But at least I get off early today. Have a great day!
    wscv21z2k5ae.jpg
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all!! I am on my way out the door...it's HOT here!!!! I feel so much better about the choices I am making..not all good, but growing!!

@trooworld wow great before and after!!! I would have never know the first picture was you. Yes you are on the path to good health!!! keep it up.

@theslightedgeforever I would STILL know its cooked..LOL yes I do like my check list...they keep me on task. I see where I didn't get it all done and strive to get er done...today!!

@TrishasTime You are making sound choices, I am so proud of you. I am so glad to get to know you and glad you are here! You always have a fresh viewpoint...I need that. LOL

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning all

Hot - I wish, it is bitterly cold here - The cold you get when there is no rain. Wearing layers of clothes at the moment. The roof man is restoring our roof (house is only 10 years old) he is banging and crashing up there for the last few hours. I lost this week :) The loss included the loss that did not show last week and my work this week, so I am happy.

@cbabie - I have learnt this week that one bad meal does not make a fail. I picked myself up and kept going and the scales have shown me I did the right thing. So what I am saying as long as the good choices outweigh the bad, then you are moving forward :)

@trooworld - Love the before and after. I hope people are commenting on how well you are looking :)

@theslightedgeforever - thankyou for your support, and your little nudges :) I really do appreciate them

Take care everyone

Trish