NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I hope all comes out well with the pap. That must have been awful to not been able to take meds for the chest sprain. The NP suggested a heating pad, I bought one of those microwavable pads filled with rice to keep at work and have been using that. It offers relief. Do you remember how long it took for your sprain to heal? Great job on the exercise!

Hi all. Well, we made it to Friday! I had something happen at work that made me mad but I didn't eat over it, which I am glad for. I talked it out with my husband and then I texted a friend about it. The old me probably would have stopped off at the store and grabbed some chips and dip.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

I didn't get on here yesterday...today I keep waiting for internet..LOL I am going to cancel my gym membership and try to exercise at home. I still have the drive to keep working towards my health.

@trooworld So sorry for the muscle sprain...those hurt worse than if you had broken something. I was in a car wreck several years ago...a drunk hit me and I was not wearing a seatbelt...(not a law at that time) I hit him so hard, that I cracked the windshield and my chest hit the steering wheel. I couldn't breathe 2 days after the accident, thought I had broken a rib, but it was diagnosed as bruised...it was awful to breathe. My sister had just come for a visit...so not much fun for her..LOL

@theslightedgeforever yea trello...not sure, still working on that

Well on my way to the church..kids are coming home from camp and I have to make sure all get picked up and things are good...From the pictures, all the kids had so much fun..

Cbabie

• TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

@trooworld - so glad that it was a muscle strain. Body pump is so much a part of your life and your weight loss plan, how are you going to replace that for the next few weeks? Well done that YOU recognised the behaviour change :) It means that you are recognising the good habits and that they seem to be getting ingrained.

@cbabie - Are you going to replace your membership with a treadmill? Over here you can hire them to see if that works out. I cancelled my women' membership and am trying the work at gym which was working until I got sick.

@theslightedgeforever - Fingers crossed for you and today, I am going to search for the trello board application as I assume that they have one for windows.

We are the complete opposite here, as I look at our home office window, it is drizzling. DH has just taken the puppies for a walk. My results are back are back at the doctor, so I will know late Tuesday night. I am still coughing when I get cold. but am a lot better

Trish

They,
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I'm sorry you are having internet troubles. re: canceling gym membership...you have to do whatever works for you and if working out at home will work better, than that is good. Just keep pushing, don't give up! That accident and the aftermath sounds awful! My sprain isn't that bad and I think I'll be good to go in a week. At least that is what I am shooting for. ;)

@TrishasTime I'm going to go to the gym after work with my husband on Mondays and Thursdays and ride the recumbent bike, and on Saturday too. I don't think the sprain was bad, so I think I will rejoin the class in a week. I don't want to stay away too long for the very reasons you mention. Thank you! Trello is a website application...I'm sure you've found that out by now though. I'm glad you are a lot better but troubled by your cough. Take care.

Hi all! Happy Saturday. I'm getting ready to go to the gym, my husband is going to do BodyPump and I'm going to ride the recumbent bike. I'm excited about tonight's dinner, it's fun food, buffalo wings with a chickpea, avocado & feta salad. I'm baking the wings instead of frying them, but still, they will be "pointy". I hope you all have a great day.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Hi everyone

Had a small crash yesterday where the coughing came back with fury. Had to turn on the A/C as it is bitterly cold here at the moment. Had a look at trello, it is exactly what I use at work under a different name. I even signed up to register and then thought, it is another system application. I use multiple applications all day and that isreally the last thing I need to do. So I think I will stick to myfitnesspal

@trooworld - Glad you have a plan B :)

@cbabie - Hope the kids were happy and tired from the camp

@theslightedgeforever - Hope all is well with you

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Trooworld. I dont remember exactly but I’m going to say a week. But I was sitting with a damp hot towel on me when I wasnt at work. Great job on choosing not to eat emotionally. I should add wings to my meal plan. Only way I’ll eat them is with simmering them in a soy sauce brown sugar mixture. Then broiling them to get a nice glaze. But I stick to 5

Cbabie so if you aren’t going to go to the gym what will you do for exercise instead How about riding your bike early in the morning

Trishastime. Yes Trello has a windows option also. I use both depending on my location. I would never get anything done at home if it wasn’t for Trello. It’s taken a year but I’ve figured out my flow and there is a corresponding effect to losing weight. If I stay organized throughout the day I tend to eat better and exercise. I hope you get better soon.

I did 30 min on treadmill

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Hope everyone is well I did 35 min on treadmill 15 min stretching and 10 min outside walk
  • ChelleTrell
    ChelleTrell Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! Today is my 90 day streak with MFP!! I actually really enjoy logging all of my food and exercise. It’s almost like a game for me now to hit my target everyday. I’ve made so many small changes to my life that have had a major impact. My weight loss is very slow and steady but I’m really happy with it because I eat so much better, I actually exercise, and I have way more energy throughout the day.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TrishasTime oh no, I hope your cough is better soon.

@theslightedgeforever I like Asian-style wings too, and I stick to 5 as well. I just happened to be craving buffalo style this week. More on my muscle sprain below. Great job, you are really using the treadmill effectively!

@ChelleTrell Hello and welcome to the board! Congrats on your streak, that is fantastic! It's important to be consistent, and you seem to have it down.

Hi all. My chest sprain feels better so I am going back to BodyPump this morning. Hopefully it isn't too soon. I don't think it is. I just can't sit around not going. I don't want to get out of the habit. On another note, I got all of my meal prep done yesterday except for grilling the chicken souvlaki but at least that is marinating and will be grilled tonight. I feel so much less stressed and I do so much better when I get my meal prep done. Have a great day!
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Morning all,
    I went and cancelled my gym membership....I am going to try walking around my home and neighborhood when it's not 110 out....it was something I had to do.

@trooworld I am so glad you seem to be in your sweet spot. I hope the BodyPump was not to soon...but we all know when you get your momentum going you don't want to lose it!! I don't like wings...too messy for me. LOL

@theslightedgeforever I sold my bike, just walking is all I have right now...sold the wii, no other form of exercise.

@TrishasTime I hope your cough goes and your health remains good all year. Sometimes our bodies have a funny way of saying...hey take a rest. :)

@ChelleTrell consistancy is the best direction. Welcome to the board.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @ChelleTrell welcome to the group. Excellent job on your streak. When we make it fun it’s so much easier. Slow and steady is my mantra

Trooworld. Glad your chest is feeling better. Chicken souvlaki. Yummy. Woohoo on your meal prep. Most important to staying on track

Cbabie. Wings. You’ve not tried my wings 😉. Besides getting a little messy is finger licking good fun. That’s why they make napkins. Go mall walking while it’s hot. Go out early in the morning and take water as you walk around the neighborhood. I used to have to be up and out the door by 7 am to beat the heat but it’s doable. You could also split it up into two shorter sessions Go early morning and then again before sunset.

Trishastime. Hope all is well

I did 38 min treadmill 12 min stretching and 11 min outside walk

• trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I love to walk outside, so I hope you enjoy it too. It's great exercise, not just to keep weight off but for so many other reasons. Yes, I've found my sweet spot! I didn't feel any pain yesterday and there were many push-ups involved, so I would have felt pain if I was still affected I think. I do agree wings are messy...and I don't generally like getting messy, it makes me anxious, but I am able to get outside my comfort level for wings. :D

@theslightedgeforever thanks, me too. The chicken souvlaki was delicious, I had it with a small side salad and homemade hummus and pickles made by the produce store. It was a great, healthy meal. Yes, meal prep is key for me to have a good week. Great job on the exercise! :D

Hi all. I'm so glad I went to BodyPump, it felt good to go although I hated all the lunges and push-ups lol. Someday, they won't be such torture, but until then...ugh. Amazon Prime Day is going on right now and I ordered 3 pairs of yoga pants/workout pants with pockets on the side. I've had the same 3 or 4 pairs of workout pants for about 6 years, so it's time to replace them and I'm really excited that these have pockets!
  • ChelleTrell
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I’m still getting over the flu so I haven’t been able to work out and it’s driving me crazy. I live in a small town and walk everywhere so I am still getting some kind of exercise but I can’t wait to get back into the swing of things.

@trooworld yay new workout clothes! I think I’ll eventually need pants with pockets too.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld. Glad you could do the Bodypump. I have 2 more weeks till I start my strength training program.

ChelleTrell. I hope you get better. When I get sick that seems to be the time I really want to exercise. Just when I’m healthy that I get a case of the “I don’t wanna”. Have you always lived in a small town. I like the part where everyone knows each other but I like living next to a big city so there’s something to do.

I did 60 min including 42 min dancing 12 walking and 6 stretching.

• trooworld
    Options
    @ChelleTrell I am from a small town in Ohio. Now I live in a very big town! I hate when sickness puts a damper on things. I wish you a speedy recovery! Yes, I desperately needed new workout clothes, mine were out of style and plus who doesn't need pants with pockets right? ;)

@theslightedgeforever me too! I'm going back this morning. What kind of strength training program are you doing? I assume you are starting August 1st?

Hi all. I'm up and at 'em this morning bright and early (4:00 a.m.) to get to BodyPump at 5:30 a.m. and then at 3:45 p.m., I'll do the bokwa class which is like aerobics kind of. I'm starting to work on my mental part of my weight loss journey more. I think that will be the key to keeping the weight off once I do get it all off. I am making a plan for the day and including a little journal on that plan. The journaling is based on a prompt either from this book I'm borrowing from Amazon, or from Pinterest. I have also put all of my exercise on my calendar as well as my commitments, so I can see exactly what free time I have. My goals for the week were to go to BodyPump 3 times, drink 100 oz of water each day and go to Bokwa. I'll re-evaluate on Sunday if I've made my goals and make a new batch of goals for the next week on that day. That's what I'm trying now.
  • ChelleTrell
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for the well wishes! I am feeling better and hope to workout tomorrow. I wanna get back into the groove sooner than later so I don’t fall off the wagon.

@theslightedgeforever I currently live in Santa Barbara, CA and it’s the smallest place I’ve ever lived. It’s not small where everyone knows each other but previously I only lived in big cities (LA, Phoenix, Seattle) so this is quite a change for me. The best part is all the walking I do. I haven’t driven in about 7 years but here I can walk everywhere and don’t need to take public transit at all. More calories burned woot woot!

@trooworld pants with pockets sounds amazing. I am just getting into running so I think eventually I might need some of those. First I need new shoes as I have very high arches. Fitness priorities I suppose? lol

I had lunch today at my favorite vegetarian cafe. I bought a “dirty brownie” to have as my dessert tonight. This restaurant doesn’t have any nutrition guides for their food so I just log it but use “regular brownie calories”. Anyone else do something like this?
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld what book are you using from Amazon. I guess I’ll start Aug 1. Lol. I had told myself I’ll do cardio for 6 weeks and then add in strength training. I used to do regular strength training back in the day so I’m just going to do 2 exercises per body part 3 days a week

ChelleTrell. Santa Barbara sounds like my kind of town I have high arches too. I understand. I try to get as close as I can on the calories. If they didn’t have dirty brownie then yes I would have used regular and chosen the calorie count in the middle. I used to choose the lowest I could find. 😏

No exercise for me. rest day. My sil is here for 10 days
  • trooworld
    Options
    @ChelleTrell that's great! Here's to better health and working out again! :) Oh, you live in Santa Barbara? I hear that is beautiful. I live in San Diego. Yes, pants with pockets woot woot! I found them on Amazon, just search "workout pants with pockets" and you'll get a bunch of choices. Girl, get you some new shoes! lol What makes this dirty brownie dirty? Does it have coffee in it or something? Chelle, I use the WW app, but when I run across a situation like this, I do something similar to what you did. I will look at my choices and find the highest points option, the lowest, and find one in the middle and choose that one to log.

@theslighedgeforever I am using Journaling Prompts - Weight Loss (Journaling with Lisa Shea Book 7) by Lisa Shea, it's a Kindle book. It is $0.99 to buy but I have KindleUnlimited so it is free to borrow. BUT...you can just use Pinterest and find prompts on there. Sounds like you need a firm start date. ;) Good plan! Enjoy your visit with your SIL. Speaking of your relatives, WHERE'S CBABIE?

Trish, where are you? Are you okay?

Hi all! I lost 2.6 lbs this week! I'm quite happy about that, as I went negative in my points by about 15 and thought I'd gain. Up to this point, I've been online WW only, but I decided to go to meetings again (this because I like the meetings + I know I need to be going to the meetings once I hit my goal weight to get free lifetime access). I will be switching my weigh-in day to Saturday this week (so today's weigh-in was unofficial) and will go to my first meeting on Saturday.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    HI Guys

Sorry I have been MIA - Went down for the second time - New round of antibiotics. These seem to be working and I am hoping to get back to the treadmill on Monday

Will come back later today and do personals :)

Trish
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    So I did WW 10 years ago and did awesome. I tried it again a year ago with the new system and struggled.so MFP it is! Please feel free to add me and I look forward to being motivated to make this life change. I’ve been letting life stress control my choices.