NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome! :smiley:

@tulsalotulsalo, good job for asking for a box for the dessert. So what eventually happened to it? :smiley:

@TrishasTime, how crazy to think that you are living where it's bitterly cold and we are so hot and humid. I think 8000 steps is great!! My work is so sedentary that I'm usually thrilled if I can get over 6000 a day.

@ChelleTrell, what kind of cardio do you do? I LOVE my treadmill and try to work out on it 4 to 5 times a week. Yesterday I did a 5K in under 55 minutes. A new record for me! B)

I'm about to head out to a pool party this afternoon. I will be the one sitting in the clubhouse with the air conditioner on. ;) I love pools but I'm still way too self-conscious to put on a bathing suit in front of people. Maybe someday! My goal this afternoon is to NOT overeat on junk food. I have already had two big eating events this week and both ended badly for me. Today, I am not going to eat any sugary items. I made a 0 point black bean and corn salsa and bought some baked chips to go with it. One of my friends is bringing watermelon! I have found that once I start eating sweets it's like a drug and I just have to have more and more! Talk to ya'll later!
  • ChelleTrell
    ChelleTrell Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever @trooworld I’m so glad I wrote on here that I was going to do some cardio cuz honestly I really didn’t want to do it. And when I started I kept thinking “this sucks” but afterwards I felt good haaha I guess that’s how it goes huh?

@TeresaW1020 I wish I had room for a treadmill but my apartment is super tiny. I do small 30 minute step videos by Jenny Ford- definitely works up a sweat for me. Congratulations on your new record!

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday Funday!
  • tulsalo
    tulsalo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mamma Mia Here We Go Again was even better than the first one! Didn't know that was possible. Something about happy musicals brings out a special kind of joy in me. Also went through the whole movie with no candy or popcorn or anything!!! Monumental for me!

The dessert is still lurking in the kitchen. Couldn't bring myself to throw away a homemade cookie and salted caramel just yet. But I probably will. Guess I'm torturing myself by leaving it...oh well.

Happy Sunday funday! Off to grocery shop and meal prep.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

Monday morning and it is back tow work. I did a 30 min walk yesterday with the dogs and decided that the coughing was still way too much, so no treadmill today. I have an application that reminds me to get up and walk every 40 min, so I am going to use that this week and not push it until I am clear as @theslightedgeforever suggested when I first went down

@tulsalo -Glad you loved Mama Mia - we are going soon as well. Congrats on the NSV of candy and popcorn. Thought - If you leave the cookie long enough it will go stale and then you will not want to eat it anyway :)

@ChelleTrell - They always say give it 10 minutes before you give up - because by that time you are so in it :)

@TeresaW1020 - How did the junk food go - did you stay strong?? LOve love love watermelon, however in winter they are super expensive here

@trooworld - did you enjoy the meeting? It was important to me that I enjoyed the meeting and liked the leader. You are doing so well with you healthy lifestyle.

@theslighedgeforever _ High Five - for the NSV of pizza!!! I think I will borrow that and do the same the next time we have pizza. How is the SIL visit going?

Catch you all tomorrow

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Trooworld. Thanks for the explanation about why you like change. I used to be that but not anymore. Great job on your weigh in. Just keep preplanning and do your exercise. It’s working.

TeresaW1020. How was the pool party? I think self-conscious and bathing suit go hand in hand. When I weighed 128 I still felt self conscious. Oh if I could have only looked into the future. Now I’m like this is me and Take a pic it will last longer 😛 if you look close enough everyone has something to worry about with their bodies but for today I’m just going to have fun and splash in the pool. Great idea on bringing snacks you could eat.

ChelleTrell I use a treadmill. In nice weather I love walking outdoors. Occasionally I will do a Leslie Sansone workout from YouTube Way to go on getting in your cardio. It’s nice when it’s finished.

Tulsalo. The movie sounds good. I like musicals too. Remember your body is not a garbage can. Throw it in the freezer. That way when you feel like something one day you already have a portion controlled sweet waiting for you. Plus out of sight out of mind for right now.

I did 15 min stretching 12 min walk outside 35 min treadmill
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 way to go on the 5K! Great job! I hear you about bathing suits...I can't even go to the pool at the gym because of an aversion to bathing suits :( . It doesn't help that the cardio machines are facing the pool so that when you go to the pool, you are in full view of the machines!!! I hope you have fun at the party. Watermelon...yum.

@ChelleTrell yes indeed! Written words matter! ;) Great job.

@tulsalo I'm so glad you enjoyed the musical. I enjoy musicals as well, I just started learning to love them since working at my current job...a colleague performs in them and I go to many of her shows. Great job, not eating at the performance!

@TrishasTime I just started using an app like that, but I have mine set for every 60 mins. I'm glad you are taking it kind of easy. Don't want you to get pneumonia! I did enjoy the meeting. The topic was sugar. I went back to a meeting that I knew and liked the leader for that very reason...she remembered me, too. Thanks for your support, Trish!

@theslightedgeforever why did you change from liking change to not liking change? Just curious. Thanks, I'm trying to stay committed by going on autopilot lol. Great job with the exercise.

Hi all. I got most of my food prep done yesterday, I just have to grill some marinated chicken and veggies and steam some broccoli and then I'll be done! That's a big relief. Don't ask me if I folded the laundry lol. My health is my priority. I'm up to go to BodyPump here in about 30 minutes. I had a great NSV first last night: We ordered pizza from a local pizzeria. Not a chain pizza takeout place, but real pizza, the good stuff. The kind of stuff that I normally can't stop until I have 4 pieces, got it? Well, last night, I had 2 pieces and stopped myself. Who am I???
  • amandafurniss23
    amandafurniss23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, hoping I am welcome here. You all seem wonderful and I'd love to share my progress and concerns here with all of you. Been going strong for 4 weeks (even amidst a car accident) and I've lost 10 pounds!

Good day and good luck to all of you 😁😅
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Good morning! It's Monday and I am happy that this past week is over. There should NEVER be three events in one week! :# Ugghhh my weight is up and I have weigh-in tomorrow. The pool party was fun and I didn't overindulge that bad, but it was still bad enough. Lots of water today and clean eating!

@tulsalo, I really want to go see Mama Mia!! I love the first one so much. Hubby doesn't seem too interested so I just might have to go by myself. :)
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Morning to all and I mean all....it's so great to see so much activity on this board!! I find it hard to get on here on Sundays..I start very early getting myself ready for church and all that I have to have ready for the teachers and service, etc. I didn't get home until 1:30 and was so tired I took a nap. LOL We had a bake sale for the Children's Ministry and I brought some home, but didn't eat any... I walked laps in my backyard this morning...LOL my fitbit said I walked 15 feet, I think it meant the lap area...At least I hope so..it hooked up to my phone with the ap called Map my Walk.

@amandafurniss23 Welcome!! Sorry to hear about your car accident, glad you are okay and you are on a streak it looks like!!

@TeresaW1020 , I have a pool and only have been in it once this year..instead I walk my laps around it. LOL I am the same way with sweets...it's just better for me to remain desert free..LOL

@TrishasTime , glad you are starting to feel like yourself again..hopefully that cough goes bye bye soon...great job on the steps...getting well is important so don't rush, but keep active, you are doing GREAT!

@trooworld You are so in your sweet spot...glad you found the same meeting and teacher, ours don't last that long..I almost signed up to be a leader a few years back after I reached my lifetime...but decided not to...maybe someday.

@ChelleTrell good for you to get up and do Cardio...it's amazing how we fight it and yet we all know we feel so much better when we do.. LOL

@tulsalo Okay...did you eat the desert? Mine is still in the fridge, but if someone doesn't eat it..so I keep telling them to..I hate to throw away good food. I have been know to take a bite, then throw it away. Then I don't feel so bad..LOL Maybe you could visualize it as a "monster" and then throw it in the trash..(sorry sometimes I think in cartoons) LOL

@theslightedgeforever great job on the Pizza, luckily me and Pizza don't get along. :)

Cbabie
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! Though I had a tough weekend personally I was able to hold my own for the most part. And after this first week I am down 4.2 pounds. And I’m someone who gains weight when stressed so this is through making good choices.

I hope you all have something to celebrate and thank you for the support!
  • ChelleTrell
    Options
    Hey everyone!! Hope you’re having a good Monday so far. Today was weigh in day for me and I lost .3lbs. Not as much as I would have liked to see but I think it makes sense since I was sick and didn’t work out consistently. Gonna kick it into gear this week!

Anyone working on some small life changes to aid in weight loss? I am currently trying to reduce my coffee sugar intake. When I first got my food scale and saw how much sugar I was putting in my coffee I was shocked. So I am slowly weening myself off the sugar. Every Monday I will reduce the sugar by a few grams and then stick with that.

@theslightedgeforever I’ll have to check out those Leslie Sansone workout videos! I like to switch it up, keeps me on my toes.

@trooworld Great job food prepping! That is something I need to get in the routine of. Curious, what does NSV stand for?

@amandafurniss23 Welcome welcome!

@TeresaW1020 Great job not overindulging at the pool party! Even if you still ate a wee bit more than you intended you were mindful about it!

@cbabie Sweets are my kryptonite, good for you not eating the bake sale treats.

@mjsunshine16 4.2lb loss that’s amazing!!
  • mjsunshine16
    Options
    So I missed my morning gym class but after work went this evening for my first weight training session. I felt great when I got home the little sore now. I’m very proud of myself as with the stress I had today I was still able to take control and do something for myself.

@ChelleTrell Great job with the sugar control. On day seven without soda and day 6 without fast food. I have decreased my sugar but not gotten to the level I want. Guess you can’t fix everything at once. LOL

@theslightedgeforever Nice job with the pizza. That is one of my weak spots.

@trooworld Well done with the food prep. That is something I need to get better at. Do you have any tips?

@amandafurniss23 Welcome!

@TeresaW1020 WTG! You had a plan and more self-aware. So hard to do when you’re in a social setting like that.

@cbabie WTG! I’m working on cutting back the sweets, but no easy feat.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

I booked to see Mamma Mia this weekend with DH and GD. Looking forward to it- DH maybe not so much :)

Steps were shocking yesterday. On to today

Trish
  • tulsalo
    tulsalo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Whew today sure was Monday! Not in a bad way, just a busy day. Update on the dessert lurking on my counter (homemade cookie and rice krispie with homemade salted caramel on top btw): I regifted it to my dad when I went to family dinner Sunday night. Didn't eat it and he thought I saved it special for him so his happiness was an extra bonus. Hard for me not to obsess over sweets but I'll mark this up as victory. The weekend in general felt like a diet minefield as do most weekends for me. Glad I was able to stick to my calorie goals and tracking and get in at least some walking though I didn't make it to the gym. Enjoying the saftey of the weekday routine.

@TrishasTime it's definitely good to take it easy and listen to your body so you don't overdo it and prolong it. Walking is underrated in my books so good for you for getting in some movement. You're totally right, the longer something fresh baked sits the less I want it.

@TeresaW1020 I am totally in the addicted to sweets boat with you. Way to go in with a plan! I relate to the self-consciousness in a swimsuit too. I've had this all my life, even when I wasn't overweight. I have learned to accomodate by getting the most covering swimsuit possible and only swimming around non-judgy people. But to be honest, I overall still avoid it. Definitely a movie to go see by yourself or with a fellow musical lover. Makes it more fun if you can get fully into it!

@theslightedgeforever the freezer is a good suggestion for that situation in the future. I have noticed when I hide sweets from myself I sometimes forget they are there. Oh how easy it is to treat my body like a human garbage can haha thanks for the reminder, you're so right. Treadmills are so great for walking/jogging in temp controlled environment. Good job stretching first, I feel like a lot of people overlook stretching.

@trooworld yay for food prep! Most is certainly better than none. Congrats on the NSV! Pizza is life so you should be super proud of yourself for stopping at an appropriate portion size! Plus totally better to spend it on a fancy one that's worthy of the calories from a local place than something you don't love.

@amandafurniss23 welcome! Congrats on your progress and determination! Keep it up!

@cbabie kudos on skipping the bake sale temptations! Always good to get in steps even if it's only 15 feet bahaha. I hope it gave you all the credit for your steps. I know when my watch doesn't register all my stuff I feel cheated. Lol visualizing more inches on my thighs is monster enough for me. I'm of the variety that if I have one bite the whole thing will be gone and I won't even remember eating it then I'll scour for more sweets like a hungry teenager. It's pathetic. But in the end I couldn't bare to waste it so glad I was able to pawn it off. Did you have any luck pawning off yours yet?

@mjsunshine16 awesome job on the weight loss! Sorry to hear you had a tough weekend, hope the days to come are better! Awesome job going to training! This might be a myth but I think soreness is a sign of good things.

@chelletrell small life changes...it doesn't feel small since I'm still just getting back in the swing of things but my life change/main goal is no candy/sweets. Good job on weighting your sugar, it does totally open your eyes to it.

Cool to see all the support on here! Thanks for taking the time y'all!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld Hooray for stopping at 2 pieces of pizza. Change: I’d like to say because I was younger and things didn’t bother me then. Things like noise, travel, roadtrips, I could go on. But maybe it’s because I had to deal with too much change all the time and I like just being content. That’s more important to me than the thrill I may or may not receive. Sometimes the fantasy in my head is more exciting than the actual event turned out to be so why go through all the bother.

@amandafurniss23 Welcome to the group. That’s great about 10 pounds gone already despite your struggles

Teresaw1020. So write down what you would do differently at the next pool party and move on. Adjust, adjust, adjust.

Cbabie. Great discipline in not eating the bake sale items. A bite is better than a whole brownie. Your body knows you walked farther than 15 ft

Mjsunshine16. Woohoo on the weight loss. Keep it going. It’s all about making good choices yaaay on your weight training session. Mine starts next week.

ChelleTrell. Every loss counts no matter how Big or small. I’m working on reducing sweets and crackers. During a regular week I allow myself one serving/portion. If I’m invited out or have friends over or my bookclub, I’m allowed two per week Sometimes I will just cut my portion in half and eat that. Sometimes I eat the whole thing but I always preplan the calories in the morning so I know how many other things I can eat during the day and not go over.

Trishastime. I was lucky with Mamma Mia 1 as my dh loves ABBA and he sang along. lol. He knew songs I didn’t even know.

Tulsalo. Yaaaay on regifting the dessert.

I think I got every one. If not Hey :waving:

I did 11 min walk outside. 35 min treadmill and 15 min stretching

• theslightedgeforever
    edited July 2018
    Options
    WW weekly meeting highlights

http://youtu.be/lrt0VETiy0c

I don’t know why the sound is not working. Can you all hear it.
  • ChelleTrell
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever The sound worked for me! Congrats on your loss. You’ll definitely get your 75lb pin next time!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @amandafurniss23 Welcome! I'm so sorry to hear about your car accident. I hope you are okay. Congrats on your 10 lb loss. What is the #1 thing that is helping you? Good luck to you as well, and please come back! :)

@TeresaW1020 hopefully all the water will flush some of it away. ((( SKINNY VIBES ))) for today's weigh-in!

@cbabie Morning! Great job, not eating any of the baked goodies. Yes, I am in my sweet spot hoping to ride the wave all the way to goal! I'm glad it was the same leader too, she's funny and helpful. You would be a great leader, you are encouraging and smart and helpful!

@mjsunshine16 I'm sorry you had a tough weekend, I hope the week is better for you. Congrats on the loss, that is an awesome loss! Congrats on getting to the weight training session, well done. My tips for food prep are to make a plan one day (I do mine on Thursdays or Fridays), grocery shop on another (I do that on Saturdays) and meal prep on another...don't try to do it all on one day, it will be overwhelming. Keep it as simple as possible at first. Start out by only meal prepping snacks, or breakfasts. If that's not too much, add in dinners. Try to combine proteins: cook a big batch of chicken breasts and make a bunch of different recipes with them: fajitas, chicken salad, etc. use the protein different ways so you don't get bored. Or, if you don't mind eating the same thing over and over, make 5 dinners of the same thing. I get bored of the same thing, so I make 5 different dinners (but I make enough so I have leftovers for lunch the next day, so I'm really prepping lunch and dinner at the same time). I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.

@ChelleTrell The scale is going down, so I would say that is a win! Congrats. I'm working on drinking more water consistently...100 oz a day + leaving 2 bites on my plate at dinner. Your coffee sugar goal sounds like a great one. Oh sorry, NSV = Non-scale victory. It's when you do something/achieve something that isn't tied to losing pounds at the scale. For instance, one of my NSVs was I climbed a mountain. But it can be as simple as drinking enough water in a day. I hope that makes sense? I keep a Google Doc full of them so that when I'm having a bad day and don't see my progress, I can look back at my NSVs and see how much progress I've made.

@TrishasTime good job on the steps!

@tulsalo that dessert sounds delicious. That was a good idea to regift it. Definitely a NSV! Thanks, yes, I am super proud, and surprised, at myself for the pizza NSV.

@theslightedgeforever thanks, yes very surprising. I guess you never know how you will react or at least ME! I might change about change someday too. Your explanation makes sense. Great job on the exercise! Thanks for the highlights. The sound worked for me.

Hi all. I went to BodyPump yesterday morning, it was a great way to start a Monday, and then went to work where the day just draaaaaaaagged. I hope today goes faster. Not much else to report, I'm not going to the gym today, no news is good news I suppose? Have a good day!
  • TeresaW1020
    Options

@tulsalo, I really admire you NOT eating that dessert and giving it away. That is awesome control!!

@theslightedgeforever, Congrats on your weightloss! I'm sure you will see that 75 lbs lost before you know it!!

@ChelleTrell Sugar is such a problem for so many of us who struggle with our weight. I know it's one of my biggest hurdles that I really want to conquer. I do OK at home because I don't buy it but when I'm out in social situations and it's around then I just cave in. Really going to work on getting control over it.

Well, I had my weekly weigh in and I was up 1.4 lbs. Ugghhhh!! :# I'm choosing to look on the bright side and know that in the past my weight gain after THREE potluck parties in one week would have been much, much worse. I've got my menu all planned for the week and no reason I can't exercise every day this week. I'm still down 2 lbs for the month and with one week to go, I'm planning to finish strong! @trooworldtrooworld, I will hold on to your good vibes for next weeks weigh in! ;)

In my meeting today they talked about their new partnership with the app Headspace. Some of us got it on our WW app. There are these little videos that talk about different ways to stay mindful. Anyone else have it?
  • mjsunshine16
    Options
    NSV: resisted fast food twice today and Girl Scout cookies!

Such a big step for me.