NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I wanted to get on here before my day got away from me again. I just walked my 20 min walk around my pool again...we had a storm last night...my swing is setting disassembled from the wind..ugh...

@trooworld you got this party...It all sounds good and a lot of fun to me..enjoy!!!

@theslightedgeforever I am slowing getting the Trello board together...each day I add or modify. It will take me a bit, but I am getting it together...when I am done..I will let you know.

@krupalip Welcome to this board, sorry I have not been on here the last few days. You are starting and that's the best thing you can do for yourself is to start with tracking...we don't know what we don't know. So once you see what you are eating and how it effects you, you can make changes or know you are on the right path!!! Great job!

@audraV1989 Welcome, so glad to have you a part of this board. I love all the interaction we have!! I can't eat steak I get too full and want nothing else...my grandson...well he could eat the cow..LOL I too have to watch my carbs.

@mjsunshine16 I can't eat pork, it doesn't like me...LOL but the beans and rice sound YUMMY!!

@TrishasTime I have missed you. I pray you are getting your health and energy back. I love when I see the picture of sneakers.. :smiley:

@TeresaW1020 Great job on the weight! Sounds like you had a great Sunday, My Pastor preached a great message too!!!

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    I gained 0.5 lbs this past week

irc372cvzq5o.gif

• krupalip
    krupalip Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    @cbabie actually it was your post that got me hooked to this board, so I wanted to say thank you for your posts, I have started writing a food journal, dinner wasn’t too good this evening, however I hope tomorrow will include better decision making on my part once I weigh myself in the morning

@theslightedgeforever I am currently 6 kgs away from my goal weight which is 48 kgs, ideally I would rather be down to 45 kgs but I am reserving that goal for once I am back from my trip to the States.
    Actually my hubby and I watch a lot of American TV shows and it would be great to actually see all the places, especially New York...we have 5 days there so i intend to be a typical tourist and also discover offbeat places. My research is currently on, though I won’t be on a diet during the US trip for sure !!!

@trooworld yes mumbai is one of the biggest and busiest cities in India, like NY it’s the financial capital and a city which never sleeps, i can’t imagine living anywhere but mumbai, it’s where i was born and brought up, I am a complete mumbaikar as we say here. Have fun at your office party...ice cream is my weakness too but enjoy a small scoop

Had a very intense lower body workout session this morning and I am so not looking forward to tomorrow, since I have a cardio session, I just am not a cardio person but it’s important I know, have a great day everyone, I am off to bed
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! :)

@krupalip, welcome to the group! Bummer that you can't get WW in India but with the wonders of the world wide web you can pretty much learn everything you need if you are interested. :D I've heard good things about the South Beach diet too. I'm a firm believer that almost any diet plan will work. The secret is actually working the plan. ;)

@audraV1989, welcome to the group!! I hear you about your frustration with Freestyle. I belong to a couple of WW groups on Facebook and there has been so much talk about those that have struggled since they altered the plan. Some people have even found a way to hack their app and go back to the old plan. I don't know if my struggles are Freestyle's fault or my own. I do know that having so much freedom with the 0 point foods have made me a lazy tracker, which is why I joined MFP three weeks ago. I'm double tracking for the time being to see what I want to do in the long run.

@trooworld, you sound like you have a good plan for the work party. The truth is that we can't stop life from being a minefield of food choices and it's up to us to make those choices. Working out and doing the lawn games is a great idea and then pre-track what you plan to eat. Even if you are way over you will at least know it and own it. Have fun!! B)

@theslightedgeforever, great graphic!! You will get that .05 off in no time!! :)

Well, I'm very happy to report that today's weigh-in gave me a 3.2 lb loss! Woot!! B) Of course part of that loss was taking off the 1.4 I gained last week, but who's counting that? :D I'm .4 away from losing a total of 40 lbs since I started WW in January of 2016. I might be super slow but at least I'm NOT giving up!! I had a great week and worked my plan 100%, which included working out, drinking my water, and counting my points and calories. I even joined two MFP challenges to help keep me focused. I'm hoping to stay as motivated this week. I have a ladies church thing on Saturday and we are going out to eat at one of those good ole Southern style restaurants. I'm already nervous that I will cave in but I'm really going to try to behave and realized that it's not the last time I will eat out. Have a great day!
  • audraV1989
    audraV1989 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I liked that connect was kind of like Facebook and that you could see everyone's post and just scroll through them...here everything is so closed off in separate categories and threads and you have to click into each one to read it. I feel like you'd probably miss alot...
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever it’s a 1-2. No real spice just flavor.

@cbabie the mojo sauce is great on chicken and beef too.

@TeresaW1020 great job with the weight loss!. You will do great at the restaurant.can you access the menu in advance to preplan?

@audraV1989 Welcome! I had no success with FS either.

@krupalip Welcome! You’ll have a great time in NY and the food options are endless!

@trooworld Ben and Jerry’s just brought some new low calorie flavors this year 😉

I was under my calories today but didn’t make it to the gym. I got very little sleep last night and was lucky to make it through my day. Heading to bed to make up for it. I also had to buy a new scale today because my previous one had parts of the digital lights missing. A little hard to track when you can’t tell 3,6,8,or 9 apart. LOL

KEEP KICKING BUTT THIS WEEK AND KEEP SMILING!!!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld. The good thing is you have a plan. That sounds like a fun party.

Cbabie. I don’t know that you will ever be done with your Trello board because it will always need tweaking as you go through life changes and you find easier ways to do things. That’s what I found. I just say I’m done for right now.

Krupalip you are very close to goal. Just keep at it you will get there. One thing I wanted was a NY hotdog from a hot dog stand in Central Park. I was so disappointed. It didn’t taste good. Chicago still has best hot dogs I think.

TeresaW1020. Woohoo on the loss. Excellent. I love Southern style restaurants. Just keep tracking those points.

AudraV1989. I see what you mean. I only use two things on MFP. The diary and this group so I miss out a lot but that’s okay. I only have time for those two. Once in a while I will look at Fitbit site. They have a connect type feed that I use for motivation sometimes. Same thing for Sparkpeople.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Mjsunshine. I’ll look for that sauce. I don’t like a lot of spice. I always smile it’s the kicking butt I’m having a problem with. I’m sure when my DH gets back from London things will fall into place again. Fingers crossed. This just shows me where I need more tweaking.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @cbabie I'm sorry about the storm. :( Good job on the walking. Thanks, I hope to enjoy!

@theslightedgeforever well, you can't lose every week, just focus on next.

@krupalip you are so close to goal! You are going to get there very soon, keep going! Mumbai sounds like a sister city to NY. Thank you, I do love ice cream too, I may have to have some. :)

@TeresaW1020 I will have my phone with me during the event and will be tracking on the spot, as I don't know how much/what I will be eating. I thought about pre-tracking (and I may do it still) and I started to do it, but then I got to the fruit bars and had the choice between "with sugar" and "with no added sugar" and wondered if they had added sugar? That is something I will have to ask at the event. Other such questions will come up, so I will just track on the fly, I think. I know I have 9 extra points (not much, I know) before I go negative. Wow, what a great loss, congratulations! Who cares how slow you go? Once you get to goal, you aren't going to care how long it took to get there. All you are going to care about is that you got there!

@audraV1989 I like that about Connect as well.

@mjsunshine16 I know, I love those new low-calorie versions...they are better than Halo Top by far!!! I don't think they are going to have those at my work though, but we'll see. Sleep is so important for so many reasons, I'm glad you made it a priority and went to bed early. Yes, it's hard to see the scale when you can't read the numbers lol.

@theslightedgeforever my work always puts on fun parties. Once, for a Christmas party, they had a wall of donuts! They will have a selfie station today which should be fun, I'll try to take a few pics to share.

Hi all. I've had a busy couple of days at work. I'm usually moderately busy but I've been really busy and I don't like that lol. I'm getting ready for BodyPump this morning. That should set a healthy tone for the day. I like when I workout in the morning because it does set the mood for the day. Yesterday morning, I found myself starving at work. I had already eaten grapes and had no more snacks so I went to the vending area. I was looking for the healthiest choice. They had a pack of 2 hardboiled eggs + a piece of cheddar cheese with a single cracker. I bought that and just ate one of the eggs and saved the rest for another day. I was very tempted by all the other crap that was there, they had granola bars and candy bars and chips but I made a healthy choice. NSV. Have a good day.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all!!! I went for my walk around the pool, but I need more. So I am looking into some of my old DVD's to see what I have to get more exercise. I can't go to the gym and I so want to get my body back...it left me...LOL

@trooworld I liked how you chose the better food....I can remember when the machine was a monster and forced your hand to pick E5 the worst food in there..LOL

@theslightedgeforever Yes you are correct, as long as we breathe, there will always be tweeks and changes.

@mjsunshine16 I made pork chops last night...I don't eat pork, but everyone loved the recipe... you can also use this on chicken...simple and the pork was juicy. equal parts of salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder...rub the meat with olive oil so the spices stick...rub your spices in and cook on a cookie sheet in the oven for 15 min at 400...I cooked mine for 20...only because I wanted to make sure it was done...

@TeresaW1020 great job on the loss....you have a great attitude!!

@krupalip I am so glad you are here and so close to goal. I hope you enjoy NY, I have driven through one time and never had time to enjoy. Thank you for your kind words, it actually made me cry realizing whether or not you think you are impacting anyone, you are..even if it's yourself.

I hope you all have a great day!!!!

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hey good evening! I'm just jumping in real quick. It's been a really long day and I'm ready to crash on the sofa and watch some TV and play some Candy Crush. :D:D

@mjsunshine16, the restaurant is like a cafeteria style where you chose your meat and sides. They do have a full salad bar and that is what I plan to concentrate on. Why didn't you sleep well? I suffer from slight insomnia and last night was one of those nights. I've decided that I'm going to cut all caffeine from my diet after 1 pm and see if that helps.

@trooworld, what is BodyPump? Is that a place you go to? I get off work at 2 pm and come home and workout. I call it my second job because by the time I change into workout clothes, workout for 45 min. to an hour, take a shower and get dressed again for the rest of my afternoon is gone. But I love what working out is doing for me so I got to make it work! B)

• krupalip
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am a little under the weather, woke up with a sore throat last morning, which became worse by evening, went to the doctor got some meds, which helped, but don’t want to give up on my workout, so I am going to the gym now.. sadly I ate a little muffin last night and a bit of chips, feeling so guilty about it....that I am headed for a workout session

@mjsunshine16 my hubby and I are quite the foodies so will try out all that NY has to offer

@cbabie you are helping believe me, I wait to see the board everyday

@trooworld right now my goals seem like a distant dream but working towards them is what counts I guess

@theslightedgeforever hot dogs and NY pizza are on my food list too, need to focus on my diet if I am to reach my goals, which I am finding very difficult with this cold I have

Have a great day ladies, once again thanks for all your support
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld. Donut wall. That’s a wall I’d like to scale 😜 What a fun place to work. That’s great on the vending machine choice. I’m glad they are offering better choices in those.

Cbabie. I may try your recipe on some lamb chops. You checked in again. You are becoming consistent. Good for you.

TeresaW1020. I know how addictive Candy Crush can be. I won’t start playing because I’m one of those who can sit in a chair and do nothing but that all day long if I get started. You want to eat? There’s the kitchen. Lol. That’s so great that you love your work outs

Krupalip. If your body doesn’t feel any better soon stop the workouts for a bit. Once upon a time I had the mantra I’d rather be thin than healthy. I didn’t stop and all I was doing was walking on the treadmill and weights. That turned into a nasty case of bronchitis and my recovery time was much longer. Plus when I feel bad all I want is comfort foods. I hope you feel better soon.

I went to my cardiologist and I’m going off diuretics. I wonder if this will affect my weight.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie there are a lot of exercise videos on YouTube for free. Look up Fitness Blender or Leslie Sansone. LOL...yes, I have had my struggles with the vending machine indeed! :)

@TeresaW1020 BodyPump is a weightlifting group exercise class: it is low weights/high repetitions...lots of lunges, squats, pushups, situps, overhead presses, clean and presses and other lifting. I like it because it requires -0- coordination! ;) It is an hour long, there is motivating music and it is always a packed class. Here is a video of a highly stylized version of a BodyPump class lol: https://youtube.com/watch?v=zBAeDpKBkj4 Yeah, I know what you mean about it taking so much time. I feel like working out/losing weight/eating right takes up about 75% of my mental and physical energy!

@krupalip I'm sorry you are feeling sick, I wish you a speedy recovery. I'm confident you will get there, you have a great attitude.

@theslightedgeforever lol...it was a fun thing to have at a party! Yes, my job is pretty neat. They brought in this new vending system where some things are out in the open in baskets (not in vending machines) and some things are in a refrigerated case, nothing is locked up, and you just scan what you want and pay for it. There are security cameras there to make sure nobody steals anything. But this allows them to have different choices. They have yogurts, string cheeses, the things I mentioned, I saw pistachios and a lot of junk food. Is it a good thing you are going off diuretics? Should we be celebrating? Is this a NSV?

Hi all! Well, I didn't do as well as I had hoped to at the summer social yesterday. I had a 2 small scoops of Ben & Jerrys, 3 tiny donut holes, and an ice cream bar. I got caught up in the moment with my work friends. But I had fun. I need to get a handle on things. I'm going to really dial in on my menu next week (it's too late for this week, it's Thursday and the menu is almost over). I'm afraid I'm looking at another gain this week but I won't know for sure until Saturday. :(
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all

I did my walk around the pool and I looked up the Fitness Blender and found a workout I liked. I could only do half of it due to time constraints...but it's better than nothing. I just made me scrambled eggs with diced tomatoes and green chilies..drinking my Nyxia Red with lime eo...yum...

@trooworld Thanks for the heads up on Fitness Blender..I had never heard of them. Think positive about WI, you never really know how our bodies react to things..LOL

@krupalip I hope you feel better..yes theslightedgeforever is right..listen to your body..work out if you can, but don't over exert. Healing is also necessary part of health.
    Cbabie
  • trooworld
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @cbabie Half is better than none, right? Good job. Your breakfast sounds good. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm going to fight tooth and nail to the end lol.

I see I'm on here really early lol. I've got an early shift this morning: 6:30-3...that's good though, I get out early to start my weekend before everyone else lol. Yesterday at work, I went to yoga (my work offers a yoga class once a week). I didn't like the instructor teaching (there are two instructors that switch off and I don't happen to like this one, she doesn't give clear instructions for one reason). The other reason I don't like her is that she does poses that are beyond my body's abilities. I wouldn't mind that if it were the case for a couple of the poses but it's the case for about 90% of the poses. So, I end up modifying or doing something completely different most of the time and feeling really stupid and awkward, and self-conscious...completely the opposite of how yoga is supposed to make you feel. I know you are going to say not to worry about it, that lots of people have to modify and nobody is paying attention. But it bothers me, and nobody else in the class was modifying but me and I stuck out like a sore thumb anyway because I was the only overweight person there plus I was wearing socks (my feet get cold lol). I honestly don't know if I will go back to that yoga class. I may just try to catch yoga classes at the Y, which I've had better experiences at (sort of, there was the time that the instructor stopped the class and got me a chair to use as a crutch so that I could lean on to do downward facing dog, which was humiliating). On another note, tomorrow is weigh-in. I don't know what to expect. I'm going to drink lots of water today and hope for the best.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    I'm here but not really in a mood to talk. Today was a lazy day. My dh got in late late last night so I stayed up too late. Now my sleep is all messed up.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Well I got on here late today. I did my walk, but I have been working in my bedroom all day trying to reorganize it and doing some financial things, watching my GD puppy...so I wanted to make sure I am staying as closed to my commitments as much as possible. Now I have to declutter my closet. Well 1 task at a time.

@trooworld I am proud of you for staying until the yoga class was over. I don't know if I could have. That's one reason I don't do Yoga. I am totally not good at it. I tried one time at work, they offered a yoga class...and I said NEVER again...LOL. Whatever the scale says tomorrow...you have done well this week.

@theslightedgeforever I hope you get in the mood to talk another day...LOL Glad you stopped by.

Okay, on the run again.

Cbabie
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I feel ya! We’ll be here

@cbabie that recipe sounds great. I’m proud of you for getting some workout time in.

@TeresaW1020 i hope you lunch went well. I have a couple things affecting me: new puppy, stress at home with my husband being unemployed, autoimmune disorder that can through me in pain or a funk.

@audraV1989 I hope things are going well.

@krupalip I hope your feeling better. Make sure you take care of yourself.

@trooworld I’m sorry was not positive, maybe try with the other instructor before throwing in the towel. Also talk to them, I’m sure they will be more accommodating.

I feel like the week got away from me. With work and after work events. I worked all day yesterday and went to a baseball game till very late( I didn’t eat any of the awesome ballpark food - huge feet). My puppy was not happy with me and wouldn't calm down when I got home( he’s had a couple rough nights). Then he was up early. So after 3 1/2 hours of sleep I was up and heading to work. The day was going great until mid afternoon and sh$t hit the fan. I worked hard to not have that control my food/drink decisions. I picked alternative to my normal go to fixes. They may not be the best but they are much better. Dominoes was calling my name and I resisted.
  • krupalip
    Options
    Hey everyone, thank you so much for all the get well wishes, that I did actually get better, there was something wrong with the MFP app on my phone and I couldn’t type a message properly yesterday
    @mjsunshine16 thanks much better now, good to see that you made some wise choices, this weekend I plan on being good and not indulge since I am hitting a plateau with my weight loss

@trooworld to be honest, I come from the land of yoga, and I don’t enjoy it at all, didn’t have any good instructors and you need to have a very patient teacher who is willing to invest in you when doing yoga, so it’s the teacher or guru as we call them who is responsible for your well being, don’t be too hard on yourself

@theslightedgeforever and cbabie- thank you both for your support, I am doing much better now, have promised myself not to indulge this weekend.
    Have stopped drinking any sort of alcohol this week and the only thing I will allow myself is a cheat breakfast tomorrow
    But the weight ain’t budging, hope the plateau doesn’t last too long, trying to hang in there

Have a great weekend everyone cheers