NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @ChelleTrell I love snacking on grapes, too. I have been meaning to try freezing them and eating them, but haven't. Have you tried that? Yes, I love the Instant Pot, too! So easy and convenient!

@TeresaW1020 Well the story about donating blood is that my appointment was at 8:55, I showed up at 8:50, it was SUPPOSED to take 30-45 minutes but it took 1 1/2 hours! I had to be on the reference desk at 10:30 sharp, and I wasn't even back in the library until 10:35. :( Now, keep in mind, this is all on work time so I'm afraid I'm going to get in trouble for being away from work for so long...I'm getting stressed looking at the clock as I'm donating. But it worked out. I did get a little light headed for a while because I didn't drink enough water afterward but then drank some water and felt okay. My blood is really thick (that sounds weird but it's true: when they pricked my finger to do the iron test, they had to prick two different fingers and squeeze and squeeze and squeeze to get enough blood out because it was just so thick and barely coming out...I had drunk a ton of water too), so I think it took extra long to donate. Your experience in the hospital sounds miserable! Some people have really small veins, my brother-in-law is like that, they have a hard time putting IVs and needles in his veins. Woohoo for the loss!!! 0 points food do not mean 0 calories and I think people forget that and that gets them into trouble. Look at salmon: it's 0 points but it has a lot of calories in it. Bummer about your Chic-Fil-A order!

@theslightedgeforever I'm taking another rest day today: mandatory...I found out no exercise for 24 hours after donating blood. I don't like it, but I also wouldn't like passing out during BodyPump.

Well, yesterday was a less than stellar day for me. Things didn't go as planned. I got back to my neighborhood from work at 5:30 and walked the dog then immediately had to leave and pick up my husband from work, then we were going to have to pick up my mother-in-law from the train station at 7:00, so we decided to grab a beer while we waited. Well, we said, "What are we going to do about dinner?" We ordered cheeseburgers and split a fry. I'm so unhappy about this. It took almost all of my FitPoints, I have no more weekly points left, so I am dangerously close to being in the negative for the week. My NSV for yesterday was that our director brought in a blueberry streusel from a German restaurant and I didn't touch it. So there is that. I'm so tired, I've gotten about 5 or 6 hours of sleep and now will feel terrible all day. I wish I could call off sick but I will go in.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Wow, we have all been quiet! I had to go in search of this thread. :)

Work has been very busy but I think I see a small break in the chaos, which is good because my husband's youngest son, his wife, and their 5-year-old daughter are coming next Thursday. I don't have the house ready or everything figured out about what we do with a 5 year old in the Georiga heat. I know we are going to the Atlanta aquarium on Friday so that is one day taken care of, but no idea yet for Saturday. And of course, I'm stressed about eating out for two days. Ugghhh I will think about it tomorrow!

Have a good night everyone!! <3
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,219 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Trooworld. You did a lot of positive things so think about those. Next time you will do better

TeresaW1020. I have the thread bookmarked by clicking the little star at top right. Do you have a yard and a sprinkler? That’s always cheap fun for a 5 yr old. Adults too plus you can get a bit of exercise by running through the sprinkler. Lol. Coloring books. Kids don’t know how to play anymore except with handheld devices.

I had minor surgery on my left backside to remove precancerous cells. So 6 stitches and can’t exercise for a week due to location and internal sutures. I tried to get him to let me just walk but he said due to location they would always be pulling. So.....
    I just got back in the mood for exercise.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I got on here yesterday at 4:15 a.m. and saw nobody had posted, I thought "that's weird!" and so I just thought maybe I was too early, but if you came later and nobody had posted, what is going on? Lol I hope you can figure out something to do with your visitors...it must be tough with that heat.

@theslightedgeforever Thanks. I'm sorry to hear about your surgery but glad it sounds like they caught it in time? It sounds like you can get back in the saddle with exercise soon if not now?

Hi all. I'm up early today but I took today off. Originally, we were celebrating our anniversary today but my husband couldn't get off work so we are celebrating tomorrow. Instead, I'm going for a massage, acupuncture, lunch with a friend, and shoe shopping. Today, I'm also dropping off the dog at the kennel for a break. Then, on Saturday, DH and I are going to dinner at this new French restaurant that I've heard good things about.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Hi everyone!

@theslightedgeforever, I hope you heal up quickly and listen to your doctor! I always hate when something derails my exercise and then I have to start over. But you can and you will! :)

@trooworld, Your day sounds awesome! I wish I could physically go shoe shopping but I wear a wide so I order my shoes online. I'm hoping that with more weight loss maybe my feet will skinny up too! Happy anniversary! Can't wait to hear what you had the French restaurant.

My day was pretty good. I got a lot of stuff oon my work to-do-list crossed off and that always makes me happy. Of course, that also means I now have room for more stuff! :D Tomorrow I have to drive into Atlanta (about an hour away) for an all day conference thing for our church Wednesday Awana Clubs that we do for the kids. I'm the secretary for the Awana and will be with 4 other ladies who are leaders. They are going to feed us lunch which is a little stressful because I have no idea what I will eat, but I will just have to do the best I can. I also won't be getting any exercise in. Oh well, such is life. You all have a great evening or day....depending on when you read this! <3
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    GM everyone

@theslightedgeforever - Glad they caught it before it became something more. Did you notice something or did they pick it up another way.

@trooworld - Happy anniversary - hope the restaurant turns out nice. My 38th wedding anniversary is next week. I am not saying anything - see if DH remembers

@teresaw2010 - do you have a pool in town or some sort of water centre, movies in the cool are great.

@cbabie - How did the eye check up go?

I am still here but it seems I am getting on over my weekend. Hope everyone is well

Thanks

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld. Sounds like you have a nice weekend planned. Enjoy. Happy Anniversary

TeresaW1020. I have a wide foot too but not at the online stage. Because of weight I’ve went from a size 7 to a 9. I wonder if my feet will get skinny again. I have Fred Flinstone feet and won’t wear sandals. That would be a great NSV. How was the Awana conference. Control the things you can control and manage the rest. That’s all you can do.

On a good note. I have an NSV because I stopped the diuretic my blood sugar is at the lowest in six months.

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trishastime. This is my 4th procedure. I had skin cancer in November on my nose so now I get body checked every 6 months. Before that I was going once a year. My second procedure was a mole that was hidden under a layer of flab. It was precancerous. It was on my bikini line. I haven’t seen my toes in years how am I supposed to find anything there. Lol. Luckily it was swimsuit weather and needed to get out the garden shears. Otherwise who knows if I ever would have found it. So do a body check ladies. My skin cancer just looked like a small pimple on my nose.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Oh that stinks that you have to order your shoes online! :( Hopefully, your feet do shrink when you lose. Thank you, our anniversary is actually Monday but since it's on a Monday, we decided to celebrate this weekend. I hope you enjoy your all-day conference, sometimes you just have to eat what is provided.

@TrishasTime Thank you! Early happy anniversary to you too...38 years is a lot of years! How are you feeling?

@theslightedgeforever thanks! Congrats on the low blood sugar numbers!!! Thanks for the reminder about the body check.

Hi all. The dog is at the kennel still, dropped him off yesterday morning and we miss him terribly. He has never been in a kennel, so I don't know how he is doing. We are picking him up this morning. I had to go to two different places to shoe shop, DSW didn't have any shoes I liked (I was looking for a pair of dressy black wedges), so I ended up at Nordstroms Rack and found a pair of Clark's there. They aren't sexy like I had hoped, but that was asking a lot out of wedges lol. Wedges are the only high heels that don't hurt my feet, that's why I was after those in particular.

I've been using a new app to track my food in addition to WW called YouAte. It's free and available for both iPhone and Android (the website just says download for iOS but look in Google Play store, it's there), it's a visual tracker...you take pics of your food and then click on words associated with your meal, like "you ate because you were...hungry, it was time, social...etc" + "you ate...at the table" + "It was prepared...homemade". Then you click whether this meal was on track or off track as far as your food plan was concerned and you are done! It's pretty simple. If I'm somewhere I don't want to take pics of my food (like I probably won't take pics of my food at the French restaurant), I'll probably wait until later and just snap a rando pic of the wall or something and then enter text of what I ate and the info. Just thought someone might be interested in this.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld. Thanks for the app info. I just downloaded an App called Strides. Only for iOS though. It’s a habit tracker but I’m using it for my boundaries list such as I only eat sweets 1-2 times a week I like wedges too but like you say none I find dressy enough so my feet hurt when I go out.

Gemwolf How are you doing on your food plan

Wow that was easy. Where is everyone?

My food was good today. I’ve pre-tracked food for tomorrow. Need to up my water intake and of course no exercise til Thursday

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    @trooworld, I hate leaving my Maggie Mae at the kennel but we also won't leave her in her crate more than 4 hours so she goes in about once a month. We take her to a really awesome place that has webcams. All she does is run around and around in circles. She comes home exhausted because she just won't chill out. :D That app sounds fun! I might have to give it a try. I love my apps!! <3

@theslightedgeforever, you are so right about the importance of checking over our skin. My husband has moles everywhere and has two cancer scares in the last 10 years. I'm always looking him over to make sure something isn't looking weird and he goes once a year to the dermatologist. As diligent as I am with him, I'm not so much on myself and I probably should change that. I will look at your app too! :)

@TrishasTime, We have a really nice pool in our subdivision and my husband told his son about it yesterday. So we will see. I'm going to buy some coloring books and puzzles for her in case we just end up hanging out at the house most of the day on Saturday.

Well, the Awana conference yesterday was OK. Some of the classes I took fell short of what I thought they would be. There was nothing at all for being the Awana secretary so I took some classes I thought would help me with my Sunday school and children's church teaching. One lady was great and talked about object lessons, which kids love. Another class was on how to be an effective storyteller and all I got was a basic explanation of what a story is. Not so helpful in how to be engaging with kids. :/

Lunch consisted of a Chic-Fil-A sandwich, bag of chips and a Klondike bar. Do you know that a Klondike bar has 13 points!! My lunch was 27 points! :D:o So, yeah my weight is up almost a pound this morning but that's OK. I will work hard the next two days to try to get it off and maybe some more.

Have a great day!!
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,567 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

I am so sorry that I have been MIA, I have been totally crazy busy. My granddaughter was in the hospital on Wed to start the inducement process and I had to be there with her all day, it turned into her daughter being born Thursday in the wee hours of the morning. Then I have been at the hospital with her all week, she got to come home Friday afternoon..So I have been playing great grandma, helping her with feedings, changes and helping her to get some sleep...she is suffering from migraines...poor thing. So my eating has been what ever is quick...so not good. But those are little life bumps.

I will catch up on personals hopefully later...If not I start afresh...LOL I am on my way out the door to church...several people out and it seems I have many hats to wear today. :)

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I just looked up the Strides app, I wish it came in Android darn! It looks really good. I did find an app called Habitica, which makes a game out of your habits...you earn points towards a game every time you do your habits. I'll try that out. Thanks for the idea! That's great you pretracked your food, I'm always most successful when I pretrack my day.

@TeresaW1020 My husband and I were just talking about webcams and wished this place had them! At least this place will take Louie, he is aggressive towards people and dogs so many places will not take him. This was the first time he went to this place, and I'm not sure they will take him again. They didn't say they wouldn't when we picked him up, so I assume they will. RE: apps...I love apps too. The YouAte app is interesting because it tells you how long you fast between meals. I'm sorry the Awana conference wasn't very helpful...and that lunch was so pointy! At least it was something that you could look up the points values for, and not something off the wall.

Hello all. It is soooo hot here. It's been so hot for over a week and I'm sick of it (so hot = around 90F, which is unusual for Southern California). It drains my energy. I hope it cools down soon. We decided to go to Little Italy to an Italian restaurant instead of the French restaurant and this was a mistake. The ambience was nice, we sat out on the patio and people watched and there was a lot to watch because Little Italy is really busy on a Saturday night. The mistake was that our food was underwhelming with the exception of the risotto arancini balls and garlic bread (those were delicious). We left feeling unsatisfied, having spent a bunch of money, so we stopped off at the grocery store for supplies to make Moscow Mules and we got desserts: I got a strawberry cupcake and my husband got something else. I made the rookie mistake of not checking the cupcake before buying it or eating it. I scanned the barcode AFTER I ate it and it came up...24 points for that stinking cupcake!!! That was how much my entree was! That is more than I get in a day! Yikes. I'm in trouble this week again. By the way, I gained 1.6 lbs this week...
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

It is Soooooo COLD here, we have ice on the lawns each morning. Although we just had a lovely weekend with the sun shining through and I was able to get out for a couple of walks. We have never put our 2 dogs in a kennel, we pay someone to house sit and that way they still get their routine. As o shoes, I must say that after the series of hip operations, I can only wear flats :( I am sad about that but a least I can walk :)

@cbabie - Congratulations on the safe arrival of your great great grand- daughter. Can we see a picture please

@gemwolf - Hi five for a very nice loss :)

@trooworld - I am sorry to hear that your anniversary dinner was not up to expectations, it sucks when you pay good money for food that is underwhelming. As to the cupcake - draw a fresh line. How does the gain go in your diet bet thing or does the weight thing only matter at the end? I do not think, I could take pictures of everything I ate ( too time consuming for me). I would rather talk to you guys instead . You asked how I felt about 38 years, for me it is just another day. I am more into what DH does for me everyday. He is my rock and I think I am his.

@theslightedgeforever - Thanks for the info on the app - I will download and check it out. I am hoping it is not just for food habit, but can include exercise habits.

@teresaW2010 - I feel for you as well...One foot is somewhat wider than the other, so for special occasions, I actually get shoes made to fit. How is the visit going?

Well I got up 10min early so I could get on here, but I need to get to work

Happy Monday everyone

Trish
  • krupalip
    krupalip Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, it’s good to be back on MFP, haven’t got the the chance to log on since Friday, been very crazy, last week was a total mess and traveling with family on the weekend was a disaster for my weight loss, gained 1 kg in the past few days....thanks for eating badly, all the hard work I put in previously seems to have just vanished into thin air...
    Good to read about everyone
    @cbabie congratulations on becoming a great grandma , must be so exciting

Starting this week with another resolve hope I can make it through since my trainer is gonna be MIA for 3 days and there are 2 public holidays this week plus my hubby’s birthday

Just anxious about needing to achieve my goals, going astray way too often

Have a great week everyone 😊
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    TeresaW1020. Does the conference have a feedback section so suggestions could be made. Sometimes our expectations exceed reality. That lb is probably sodium bloat from the chic fil a and the chips

Cbabie. Find some time to take care of you. Put your own oxygen mask on first

Trooworld. Another good app is Loop. It’s for Android. I had to go look up a different app for my friend for the same reason. But she has an iPad and so she can use Strides on that. Well despite the frustrating dinner I hope you had a good anniversary. Your gain is just a small bump in the road

Gemwolf. Hooray on your loss. I had a loss but it doesn’t really count as I gained due to stopping diuretics so it was a part of that. I’m still up about 3 lbs from that gain. But I’m working on it. Not being able to exercise is not helping

Trishastime. That’s good that you had house sitters. We used to have to board our cat all the time every year. We would say you’re going to the spa. I forget your seasons are opposite. Sweat is a constant these days. The app can include anything you want up to 7 habits. They have custom or template habits. I used 6 custom and 1 template. That’s nice you and hubby have such a great relationship. I want both the everyday stuff stuff and once a year celebration. Lol. DH is more the everyday type. Each year I say would it kill you just once. Lol. But we celebrated 30 years this year so all is good.

Krupalip. I keep a List called obstacles and solutions on my Trello board. When I run into these situations I try and figure out a plan for next time. It’s figuring out a balance between enjoying life and reaching your goals. I extend my boundaries just a bit but I’ve done it ahead of time so there is no guilt. Guilt and shame take me down the rabbit hole versus me giving myself permission. My body My rules. Thus the reason I started using that app Strides. It has my boundaries on it for me to see and show my progress.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @gemwolf110 congrats on the amazing loss!!!

@cbabie you must have posted at the same time I did and I missed your post. Congrats on the new great-granddaughter!!!

@TrishasTime I don't have many options with my dog, I'm afraid: he's people and dog aggressive, so I'm lucky this kennel took him. I'm not sure he'll take him again, they said they usually don't take people aggressive dogs. That leaves me with no options but to not go anywhere. :\ That's pretty much what we've been doing since we've had him. The weight only matters in the end for the HealthyWage thing...so I'm fine with that. It just matters in my head. I like your attitude towards 38 years, that is a healthy attitude to have, I can see why you've been together 38 years!

@krupalip I wondered where you were. I'm glad you are back. Have a great week.

@theslightedgeforever Oh, I have an iPad! I didn't think about that because I don't use it all the time, but I could use Strides on that! I'm downloading it on that. Thanks for the reminder. ;) I'll check out Loop though. I did have a good anniversary (today's the actual day), the ambiance was nice: sitting out people watching under the night's sky, listening to the waiters' Italian accents telling the restaurant's specials. Darn it, I just tried to download Strides for my iPad and my iPad must be too old, it said that Strides was for operating system 10.something and my operating system was 9.something and I looked for an update and it said my operating system was up to date. Well, I'll just use Loop!

Hello all. I'm up and going to BodyPump this morning. It sure did hurt me not to go last Weds morning, even though it was one day, it threw me off mentally. I was afraid of that. Or maybe it was the gain on Saturday? Regardless, I'm going to get in there and get it done. I did meal prep yesterday, I cooked most of the proteins for the salads for the week (having 2 salads) and the rest of the meals. Here's what I'm having. Let me know if you want any of the recipes. You may have to lighten up some of the recipes, I had to do that on the Garlic Butter Scallop Bowl:
    • Avocado Salmon Salad
    • Garlic Butter Scallop Bowls + steamed broccoli
    • Balsamic Shrimp Salad
    • Butternut Squash Chicken Stew
    • Grilled Balsamic Chicken Cobb Salad (I didn't realize I had two balsamic salads this week oops!)
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Hey everyone!

@cbabie , congratulations on your new great-granddaughter! How awful to have a new baby and be suffering from migraines. She is blessed to have you helping so much! :)

@trooworld, bummer that the restaurant wasn't that great. I hate when that happens! If I'm going to blow my points I want to dream about that meal weeks later. But you just gotta move on, which is what you are doing by going to BobyPump and prepping your meals. You got this, girl!! <3

@TrishasTime, funny how you are complaining about the cold and trooworld and me are complaining about the heat. I'm soooo ready for fall and this stinking 90-degree weather to move on and visit you for a while. :D

@theslightedgeforever, I did provide feedback to the conference. I also lost the weight I gained from the Chic-fil-a.

So, I came home and walked for an hour on my treadmill. My feet will hurt the rest of the night but I don't care. I have weigh-in tomorrow and really hope to have a good loss. Then hubby's family is coming and I will probably gain it all back. But that is OK because I know that the key to doing this lifestyle is to get right back on it and try not to treat every meal like it's my last meal.

• TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

Wen totally off the rails yesterday. One of our very good friends rang to apologise that he could not come to H's surprise birthday party as he has just be diagnosed with kidney cancer. Growth is about 2.5cm - He will be in surgery the day before. He is our age which is 60 he has already suffered through 2 heart attacks, had a stomach bypass and went from +200kg to about 90kg. I am proud of him an oh so grateful that he lost the weight otherwise the cancer might have been hidden behind something. We have known his friend for over 40 years and he is very special to us. That together on hearing some bad news on one of our investment properties just put me in a spin Unfortunately I went to my comfort food and drink.

@trooworld - I am so glad you had a nice anniversary. I hope you have a great time a body pump :)

@theslightedgeforever - Yes indeed, I downloaded the app - now I need to spend some time with it - thankyou. So many events happen this month. Within the space of 4 weeks, we have our anniversary DH and my birthday, our son's both and both dad's birthday so in the end it is one big celebration except this year where they are coming to DH's surprise birthday.

@TeresaW2010 - Great work in the treadmill Fingers crossed for you today

@krupalip - I had a very bad day calorie wise yesterday, so I know what you mean. I have just drawn a line and said today is a new day.

Well it is pouring with rain and has been all night. I have an work application user group meeting to go to this afternoon, so will be late home

Happy Tuesday everyone

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld. Sorry about the app. Same thing happened to my friend. You sound mentally ready for this upcoming week

Teresaw1020. You have a great attitude. Yaaay on that chic fil a loss

Trishastime. Sorry about your friend. He’s been through so much. Yesterday is behind you and back to your healthy habits. I love surprise parties.

My food has good this week. Of course no exercise until Friday