NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hello everyone!!

@TrishasTime, we do have theaters here that have awesome reclining chairs and really good food and drinks that you order right from your seat and then they bring it to you. My kind of movie watching!! How was Mama Mia? I really want to see it but who knows if I will. I say I want to see a ton of movies and we never go. :/

@trooworld, I have not heard of the Healthy Wage challenge and just looked it up. Are you betting real money? Girl, that is brave and awesome!! B) My husband tells me that there is an amount of cash waiting for me when I hit goal. Now that I can almost fit into most of my clothes in my closet I've been thinking about this loot waiting for me. :) Coco is another movie that I really wanted to see and didn't. Tell us how you liked it?

@theslightedgeforever, I'm sure your days will get better!! <3

Well, it's been a super busy day for me today! I had a morning meeting at the church that lasted until 1:30 pm with our children's director and the teachers for our children's church called Canopy Kids. Then we had a meeting for our Wednesday night kid thing called Awana. I'm going to be the secretary for Awana and don't know what the heck I'm supposed to be doing but we have this training day thing on Aug. 11th so I hope to find out then because we kick it off on the 15th. I also teach upper elementary Sunday school and have my new school year starting next week and haven't even thought about it yet. Yikes!! On a good-for-me note, I am super happy that I didn't touch one yummy donut or cinnamon roll that our children's director brought for us. She was however super sweet and brought me a container of cut-up cantaloupe. Best cantaloupe I've had all year too!!

After the meeting, hubby and I went out and about. Went to Hobby Lobby! <3<3<3 and got some things for me to make an Awana bulletin board and then we went to Lowes and bought a new plant for my front porch because last week a deer thought my petunias looked like a late night snack instead of someone property!! :/

I'm off now to make some kind of ground turkey veggie pasta dinner creation that I'm making up on the fly! Take care!! <3
  • ChelleTrell
    ChelleTrell Posts: 49 Member
    Hey everyone!!

Thank you so much for all your support I really appreciate it and it truly made me feel better. I’ve been MIA for a bit just trying to center myself and focus on getting back into my routine.

I brought all the snack foods from my house into my shop for the staff to have so it wouldn’t tempt me at home lol.

I hope you’re all having a great weekend so far!
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Morning everyone

Mama Mia was as expected a movie with lots of cheesy abba songs. I would say it was not what I expected though in the storyline - but I enjoyed it :)

@trooworld - I am the opposite, super strict on the day before and nothing on the day after weigh in. I too must reign that in

@chelltrell - Good move taking those snacks away from you .

@mjsunshine16 - Secret day - does that mean the family did not know you where home doing things for yourself ? Everyone needs me time. Yes - I put a second vote for you to post the receipe please

@teresaw2010 - You sound very very busy, did you make any time for you in your day? Nice person to bring something for you instead of cakes - very supportive.

Hello to @theslightedgeforever and tulsalo - hope all is well with you both

Trish
  • krupalip
    krupalip Posts: 62 Member
    Hi everyone, I am a Mum of 2 toddlers and hopefully in the last leg of achieving my weight loss goal. I have been reading all the threads on this group for about a week and it’s so wonderful too see members offer such awesome support and motivation...I am from mumbai, India where we don’t have weight watchers and so getting support when you are on a weight loss journey is hardly available and is very tough
    I was hoping to be part of this group, so I could achieve being a “hottie at forty” by September
    Would appreciate if I could be added into this group which is truly inspiring
    I try workout 5 days a week at the gym and have the weekend as my cheat days which is not so good, also can’t seem to give up my end-of-the day glass of wine which is detrimental to me achieving my goals of losing 7 kgs in the next few weeks
    Hope to hear from you guys soon
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,880 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Yes, I am. I did it once before and failed miserably but this time, I have a whole different attitude and a PLAN! Last time, I don't think I had a plan lol. That is awesome that your hubby has a stash of loot waiting for you. How are you going to spend it??? I'll tell you about Coco below. How nice that the children's director brought you cantaloupe, that was very thoughtful! You must live out in the country for deer to wander onto your property and snack on your petunias. I miss the country. I live in the city now. I hope your dinner turned out good.

@ChelleTrell That was a great idea to get the snack foods out of the house, let those people at work enjoy them! Enjoy your Sunday.

@TrishasTime I'm glad you enjoyed it.

@krupalip Welcome, and congrats on your success so far! That's too bad that WW isn't in India. That's great that you workout 5 days a week. Have you ever thought of having a wine spritzer instead of a glass of wine? That's what I do: it's 3 oz of diet soda (or seltzer water/carbonated water) + 3 oz of wine = spritzer. It's a lot fewer calories and still is relaxing to drink. I'm glad you found us. At my job, we have a lot of students from India. I would like to visit India someday.

Hello all! I didn't end up going for tacos with my friend, we went to this other restaurant and I had a seared ahi tuna BLT sandwich on a brioche bun with potato chips. Not exactly healthy but it was delicious. :/ My husband and I went to the park to see Coco and I loved it. It is now in my top 10 Disney movies. I loved the story, and how colorful it was and I love Dia de Los Muertos/Day of the Dead, and that plays a part in the movie so of course, it was right up my alley. I didn't do well with snacks: peanut M&Ms and cheesy caramel corn + 2 beers. No bueno. But I did have fun. I'm meal prepping today:
    • Chicken Tinga Tacos in the Instant Pot + Plantains
    • Italian Orzo Tuna Salad
    • Instant Pot Soy Sauce Chicken Bowls
    • Skillet Chipotle Chicken + Mexican Black Beans
    • Summer Minestrone with Turkey Meatballs

If anyone wants any of those recipes, let me know, I'll give the links. Have a great day!!!
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Per request. Pulled pork tacos:

1 pork loin
    1 24 oz bottle of Mojo criollo marinade

Crockpot on low for 8 hours.

It allows me to a lot of food out of this so I can get creative outside of tacos I’ve added it to black beans rice and anything else your heart desires.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,214 Member
    trooworld Hoping weigh in was a good one for you. I was up with mine but back on track. That Healthywage sounds brutal. I'm too much of a pessimist.

TeresaW1020 Dh once promised me a trip to Hawaii if I hit my goal. Evidently, stuff like that doesn't motivate me. I think it has to do with intrinsic versus extrinsic. In my childhood, I was bribed to keep my room clean for one month and I would get a new comforter and curtains. I did and after the month was over and I got the new stuff, I went back to my messy habits. Maybe that has something to do with my motivation. who knows? For now, I'm just working on my habits. Woohoo for you not touching the donuts or cinnamon rolls.

ChelleTrell We all need our focus time. I just took mine. I have a hard time getting started again after my focus time so I have to come up with a solution for that. How to find the balance.....

Trishastime I've seen recliners in theaters (Personally I don't care for them, yes weird, I know) but I've never seen food other than the popcorn and candy. Maybe that's all I see when I order though. lol

@krupalip Welcome to the group. I missed the "hottie at forty", the fab at 50, and now I'm working on my "sexy at 60". lol I'll either make it one day or die trying. I increase my calories 2 out of 3 days on the weekend. I give myself 200-300 more calories on those days. It works when I stick to the plan the other days of the week. Maybe every other day on the wine until you find your balance. I'm one of those that doesn't give up anything while trying to lose weight/eat healthier. I'm more of a reduce portion sizes or reduce number of days in a week that I eat/drink it.

mjsunshine thanks for the recipe

I've done nothing but relax. Nothing. I'm ready to rejoin the world again. But I really only wanted one day of isolation. Instead I took two. So next time...... It's just hard to get restarted.

https://youtu.be/YiOGQNHubeQ

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @krupalip, welcome! I'm new to this group too and have felt very welcomed so just jump in like I did. :) It is a bummer that you don't have WW in India but you have MFP and can count those calories!! I'm doing WW but I'm also counting my calories and so far this week I'm already down and feeling great! So you can have your wine if it fits into your daily calorie count. Weekends can be the hardest that is for sure!

@trooworld, I will spend that cash on clothes and shoes!! I LOVE clothes! We don't live in the country but it's not a big city either. Our neighborhood backs up to some wooded area and the deer live in there...and like to walk up our sidewalks and evidently eat pretty flowers. :/ Your meal plan sounds wonderful. Tell me more about that skillet chipotle chicken and Mexican black beans. I love all things spicy!!

@mjsunshine16, I have never heard of Mojo Criollo marinade and just looked it up. That sounds yummy! I love garlic. For sure will put it on my shopping list. I love making pork loin in my crockpot.

@theslightedgeforever, well I hear you about motivation. Hubby has dangled this huge amount of cash in front of me for 13 years if I get to goal weight. I think the problem is that the man doesn't deny me anything now!! :D Seriously, the motivation for weight loss has to be something inside me and for me. I feel that I'm finally closer than I have ever been to gaining real control.

I've had good day so far! Weight was down this morning which made me super happy! Church was amazing this morning too because our student pastor gave us the message and that boy (only 23 years old) is beyond his years and so incredibly gifted at speaking. I told him he can't get his own church before our pastor retires because I would miss our pastor!! :D I'm off to workout and watch some General Hosptial, which is my guilty pleasure. <3
  • krupalip
    Hey everyone, thank you for the warm welcome and kind words... really appreciate it
    @trooworld, will take you up on the wine spritzer idea sounds great and please visit India, it’s a great place
    @teresa had a a very indulgent weekend, headed to the gym now to wash away my sins hahahahhaha
    @theslightedgeforever sexy at 60 is quite amazing, you are such an inspiration for me, I would have probably given up much earlier, your drive and determination is awesome

Also I am not good at calorie counting, I am much to dependant on the weighing scale which is not the right method. I am here to learn and have decided to log all my food and drinks starting today

Ladies have a great Monday hope no one is struck by Monday morning blues

Hope to stick to my diet and workout sessions this week, personal goal is to break the barrier of 54 kgs by Friday
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Happy Monday everyone

@trooworld - So nice just have a lovely time with DH. Can you please share the link to Italian Orzo Tuna Salad?

@krupalip - welcome aboard :) I was surprised that they do not have WW in India - I thought it was in evry country. I am sure you will achieve you hottie at forty by September

Hello to everyone else

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    TeresaW1020 Yippee on your scale being down Sounds like you have your DH trained ;)

krupalip I have found calorie counting easier if I pre-track my food for the day and edit as needed versus track as I go and hope I don’t go over at the end of the day. Tracking and measuring your food is just another skill to be learned. Maybe they have WW under a different name like they do in England. I think it’s Waist Watchers there.

Trishastime. So how are you feeling now? Any better?

• trooworld
    edited July 2018
    @mjsunshine16 thanks for the recipe. Where do you find the Mojo criolle marinade? It sounds good.

@theslightedgeforever ah, more on the weigh-in later. ;) The Healthywage is definitely not for everyone.

@TeresaW1020 Great plan for the cash. I love clothes, too! :) The Skillet Chipotle Chicken sounds really good, I've not made it before, here's the link to the recipe: https://theskinnyishdish.com/chipotle-skillet-chicken/ It is 223 cals/4.5 g fat/1g sat fat/0g carbs/0g fiber/0g sugar/42g fiber(<--this has to be wrong) and 1 WW SP. The Mexican Black Beans (I haven't made before either): https://adishofdailylife.com/2017/07/mexican-black-beans-recipe/ Congrats on the weight loss! We all have our guilty pleasures...mine are those Christmas Hallmark movies lol.

@krupalip I will someday hopefully! Good luck on your goals this week, and I hope you have a great Monday as well.

@TrishasTime Sure, it is not mayo based which is interesting: https://gimmesomeoven.com/italian-orzo-tuna-salad/

Hi all! Well...the results are in. I am up +.8 lbs this week. Not what I was hoping for but what I was expecting. I was sloppy in my tracking on Friday, I ate salty foods on Friday and there you have it. Lesson learned! Yesterday (Sunday) I got all MY food prep done. My husband? He's another story. He said he'd meal prep 2 main dishes and the Mexican black beans. He didn't do them, he said he'd do them tonight. We'll see if that happens. :/ I went to bed late last night and almost used that as an excuse not to go to BodyPump this morning but I said NO you aren't doing that. So, here I am, up at 4am to go. Have a good day, everyone!
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Morning: I am running out the door and will be back later this afternoon...but wanted to stop in to say I was not in hiding...I just had life come up and couldn't sit down on my computer...Didn't stay on plan over the weekend...but jumping in with both feet again today..

will reply to personals later today.

cbabie
  • mjsunshine16
    @trooworld and @TeresaW1020 The marinade is usually at any grocery store. It may be in the international section. I’ve also used it on chicken and beef.
  • mjsunshine16
    Boy does time get away from you when you’re living life. I was at a barbecue this weekend and actually did really well only eating small portions of everything and sharing. Though I did have a small ginger ale which was my first soda in two weeks and was not interested in it so I know I don’t need to go back there. I finally am not achy and sore from the long hike on Friday so back at the gym tomorrow. I’ve also been making sure I’m drinking lots of water.
  • audraV1989
    audraV1989 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi. Just coming back to MFP after WW. I started WW last Sept and did really well to begin with...lost almost 15# by November...then had a lot of stress caused by adult kids making stupid choices, the holidays and then they went to Freestyle...i tried to do the plan however I was stuck. Hated FS..could not lose weight no matter how hard I tried. When it was smart points and I had to count everything I was much more careful about portion size and tracking...after FS I just wasn't. I was constantly gaining and losing the same 3-4 pounds until I finally gave up a few weeks ago. Now I have gained back 1/2 of what I lost. So I have decided to try intermittent fasting with MFP...I like MFP I just wish their "community" boards were more like connect.
  • audraV1989
    audraV1989 Posts: 12 Member
    Just grilled steak for supper...not eating it as I think it tastes funny...I guess that's one way to cut calories. (hoping I don't end up sick from bad meat or something...)
  • krupalip
    @TrishasTime have run a lot of google searches on weight and waist watchers as you suggested but no it isn’t available in India at all, so I follow the south beach diet which is low in carbs and I have had success with it back in 2009-10, so sticking with it as much as I can

@trooworld actually I am visiting the US in September, my 1st trip actually, to celebrate the big 40 in NY city, it’s been on my bucket list for so long now, and have been working since Jan this year to look great in my pictures when I reach the US. That’s been my motivation 😛

@theslightedgeforever will try and do meal prep, as much as possible, thank you for your advice

Down to 54 kgs this morning- hope can break this barrier by end of the week, have a great day everyone

Stay strong, don’t give up!!!

• theslightedgeforever
    Trooworld. Thanks for the recipes. Do real well this week and maybe you’ll lose that 0.8 plus more Way to go on going to BodyPump anyway.

Cbabie. How are you doing on your Trello board. How about just starting with the morning routine be consistent on that and build from there.

Mjsunshine. How spicy is that marinade. 1-10. Your long hike sounds wonderful

@audraV1989 welcome to the group. What is it about connect that you liked. A lot of people left WW online because of connect vs the old community. For me it was too impersonal. But as I’m trying to expand my horizons I was curious as to your reasons. I like viewing different perspectives on things. Sorry about the steak.

Krupalip. I did South Beach for awhile. I’ve learned any plan works if you work the plan. We just have to find the plan that meshes with our lifestyle so we can do it long term. I just went to NYC in early May. My first time. I was taking a roadtrip along the east coast and we stopped there for about 4-5 hrs. Next time I’ll leave hubby at home and go see a Broadway play. What sites are you planning on seeing. Hardest thing for me was figuring out the trains. First time on those too this trip. Keep working towards your goal. What’s your final goal?

• trooworld
    @cbabie Good for you for jumping back in today. I hope today is better for you.

@mjsunshins16 thanks! Drinking water is really important for a lot of reasons, so keep it up!!!

@audraV1989 Welcome! Everyone has to find what works for them, hopefully, MFP and intermittent fasting is your thing. Good luck! :) RE: the steak, ooh I hope that wasn't bad steak...that is definitely one way to lose weight!!!

@kupalip What a great way to celebrate the big 40! NY is a fun city, it is a busy city but so is Mumbai, I think?

@theslightedgeforever Thanks, I'm going to try.

Hello all. One thing that will be hard this week for me is we are having a big party at work tomorrow where the whole company gets free Ben & Jerry's ice cream, fruit bars, fresh-made donuts, fresh-made soft pretzels, popcorn and ??? My plan is to have a pretzel and fruit bar but I might dip into the ice cream if I have points. The good thing is that there will be lawn games to play so maybe I will get a little bit of activity in. Plus, I'm doing BodyPump in the morning tomorrow.