NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    trooworld What's the added features between that and the Blaze?
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Here's the WW meeting highlights

https://youtu.be/xKjQ0SX5shI
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever the Versa has a 3-axis gyroscope, which is something that helps it be a more accurate tracker. It also has wi-fi and NFC (which allows mobile payments if you get the deluxe version of the Versa). Versa also offers offline music. Here is a link to the full breakdown on the differences: https://pocket-lint.com/fitness-trackers/buyers-guides/fitbit/143942-fitbit-versa-vs-fitbit-blaze-fitness-watch

Hi all. I did well yesterday until I got home and couldn't find one of the ingredients for dinner and I was starving. It took me 15 minutes to find the ingredient. By that time, I had reached my hand into a bag of tortilla chips that were left over from the weekend's breakfast. :( I didn't mess up too much, it was just that it was unplanned eating. I wasn't hungry when I was at work or I would have eaten a snack. I didn't get ravenous until I got home. I should have eaten something, I don't know why I didn't.
  • cmedwards52
    cmedwards52 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good Morning
    I'M BACK!! Haven't posted here for sometime but I'm back now. I really need to get my act together or should I say "back together". I have gained a few but not too serious. Hopefully once I am back tracking, exercising and drinking water, the pounds that managed to sneak back, will be gone. Wish me luck.
    Carol
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,567 Member
    Options
    Morning: I just got back from the gym...Each morning I think I will cancel..can't afford, but each day I go...I always feel so much better after I go...I didn't do well last night...ate out of trying to stay awake. However, still working on my behavior.

@trooworld I bet you will like you new fitbit...I have the blaze and I like it...I don't know if I would use the other things on the versa...but when this one dies...who knows. LOL I have had 3 fitbits...they have each lasted about 2 years...My DD has an apple, but not sure if it's for me...the thing I do like about hers is I can text back when I get messages..
    @theslightedgeforever how are you doing on your obstacles and solutions? It seems to me everyone on this board has grown so much personally since we have created this board. It's good to see growth..just not in my thighs..LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld I looked at the link. I guess for now I'll stick with the Blaze. I think the only thing I like about the Versa would be the smaller size. It doesn't bother me to carry my phone since I do anyway. I hated the look of the Blaze when my dd bought one first but I bought me a nice tan band that is good for casual and a silver chain one that is good for dress occasions. Later I'll add a white one and a gold one. How about keep some cut up fruit on hand so you can reach for that for those starving times or put the chips away in the pantry out of site.

carol Welcome back. You can get those lbs off. I hear determination in your voice.

cbabie Would eating some fruit or something lighter keep you awake? Think of the money that you pay for gym costs as money towards your health. It's not like you are buying Starbucks with it. So could you afford that if you reduce in other areas like junkfood in the house? If you get a disease because you aren't taking care of yourself by exercising, will your insurance cover it? Since pretty soon everyone will have to pay extra because of pre-existing conditions being denied, if you don't have a condition yet, keep it that way. Keep going to the gym for your health.
    Obstacles and solutions: Still working on my journal each day but I have everything laid out ready to go for Saturday. Starting then I will tweak as needed. I'm sure there will be some things I haven't even thought of yet. So I'll just keep adding as I encounter them. Have you made any summer goals?
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cmedwards52 welcome back and good luck!

@cbabie I do hope you keep going and do not cancel. You really seem to feel better each time you go. I do like the Versa so far. It's pretty looking too lol.

@theslightedgeforever yeah if your Blaze still works, why change? I think your idea about cut up fruit on hand is a good one. I will work on that for next week, this week, I have no time to do it and no fruit to cut up (I have apples but you can't cut those up ahead of time). I can make a nice fruit salad and have that ready. I just should have thrown those chips away after we used them on Saturday for the breakfast dish (chilaquiles). I ate more of them last night but threw the rest of them away.

Hi all. Well, I'm happy to report that I have had another loss at the scale: I've lost -1.4 lbs this week! That's 6 losses in a row!!! I'm down a total of 10.1 lbs. I know that isn't much but someone at work asked me yesterday if I'm losing weight, which made me happier than a pig in mud. Maybe it was what I was wearing but I'll take it. I'm losing without depriving myself or cutting out this or cutting out that (I had a sausage sandwich at the fair, I still have pizza), without intermittent fasting or other techniques, I'm just tracking everything that is going in my mouth, finding alternatives to higher point foods, drinking enough water and upping activity when I can...I'm eating all of my weekly points, some of my FitPoints but not all...this is what is working for ME (maybe not YOU)...I've found my groove and it feels good!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld Woohoo! Look at you go go. 6 losses in a row. That's really something to be proud of. Print out this post somewhere and it keep it safe. You have written out your formula for your sweet spot for losing.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever thank you now I need to keep it up. I intend to!

Hello all. The weekend is here and I am grateful for that. No plans other than to go to BodyPump tomorrow, do meal prep on Sunday and possibly go to the beach for a walk with the husband one of the days. I've not been sleeping well lately: I've been getting hot flashes I think, or the beginnings of them. It makes it extremely uncomfortable to wake up in the middle of the night burning up and then take the covers off you only to wake up again freezing. Gotta love getting older! Have a good day.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld Beach walk sounds nice and relaxing. Yeah getting older......my hubby says I have the irritability part of menopause down pat. lol

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Gemwolf conference sounds interesting. That’s great you packed your own breakfast. My week was okay. This week is going to be even better as I will officially start my new treadmill program
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever lol...I've had that down pat for years. ;)

@gemwolf110 that's great that you packed your breakfast! I'm glad you enjoyed the conference. My week was great, busy.

Hi all! I'm getting ready to go to BodyPump this morning. I like the class but it is so hard for me to do the pushups and the tricep dips, I just do what I can, do the best I can. I hope you have a great day!
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,567 Member
    Options
    I am back...sorry when my routine gets off track in the morning's I don't get on here..

Went to the gym yesterday and this morning...sweat like a pig!!! Feels good to do that..my eating went sideways....but better at saying no to secnds....I will get there..
    @trooworld Yes that is how I lost weight to lifetime by not depriving or fasting ....just tracking and finding all the low points...grwat job on yoir losses....LOL this is the only place we say good to lose....

@theslightedgeforever today is the day....I an sure it will be good to get back on track...you got this

@gemwolf110 glad you enjoyed your conference!!

@cmedwards52 welcome back!!!

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

How are you all - Sorry I was MIA again. The week starts with good intentions re job and therefore eating but simply goes out the door by Tuesday. We got told another restructure for our branch is happening and that kind of gave me a shock. No matter what I do, it will be what it will be and what I am doing is destroying my health and have gain about 8kg since the 12 days stuff started. LINE IN THE SAND!!!.

I went to a girlfriends for dinner last night. Believe me when I say it is like eating at a restaurant. The entrée was crepes with a carrot filling and a herb butter. Dinner was lamb (marinated and slowed cooked on bbq) with salad (roast pumpkin, cauliflower with cranberry and spinach leaves) dessert was home made sticky date. My GF has retired and has reignited her love in cooking, sewing patchwork. She gave me a good talking to as she has been trying to catch up with me for a month. I was to try working normal hours and if it is that important to get off from the couch and go into my home office to log on then do it. If not let it go. Enough about me

@theslightedgeforever - I have a blaze as well and I have many bands, you can get them on the internet for about $10. Can you please tell us about the new treadmill program. Did you get it from a book or the internet. Our work has 3 treadmills.

@trooworld - well I must say I am proud of you - extremely proud. You are showing us the way down the path. Have you set your verve up yet.

If you both like, we can be friends onf fitbit as well. I know I certainly need a prod TO GET MOVING . You need to link via your userid this can be found by by click on your profile and the copy the link in the address bar. Mine is https://www.fitbit.com/user/34QJW5 and I am called Trish W. If anyone else here wants to link - I am more than happy

Well to today's goal is to eat correctly and log log log

Take care

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld. Just hang in there for body pump and you will see progress one day on the pushups and tricep dips. Upper body strength has always been my problem

Cbabie. Did you see you wrote out your sweet spot formula for losing weight to Trooworld. Now go follow that. Congrats on the gym

Trishastime. Ok you’ve drawn your line in the sand No job is worth your health because you would end up real sick and not be going to work anyway The program was in the Internet. I’ll have to look it up in my computer and send it to you

Gemwolf. I will look you and Trishastime up on my Fitbit link.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

@gemwolf - found you on Fitbit - accepted friend request - thankyou Trish
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie that's great that you went to the gym. I wish I sweated when I exercise...I am not a sweater, it would make me feel like I'm working hard. Yes, anywhere else it sounds weird to say good for you for being a loser! lol

@TrishasTime that dinner does sound gourmet. I'm not sure what sticky date is, but is sounds interesting, is it made with dates? It sounds like your friend is a wise friend. Thank you! I'm trying my best. I have set up my Versa, I like it a lot! When it is on my wrist, I barely feel it on there. In fact, I almost took a shower with it on the other day because it is so light! I sent you an invite from "Chris" on Fitbit, so if you get a weird invite, it's meeee! I'm not one to do too many challenges because I barely get over 6,000 steps a day but if you want to do one, I will.

@gemwolf110 I just sent you an invite as well! From Chris.

@theslightedgeforever I think I'm having an easier time with the pushups. The dips, I don't know if I'll ever be able to do. I did go to BodyPump and I did the whole class but it was tough. Here's my link on Fitbit: https://fitbit.com/user/22SSP6

Hi all. Well, as I said to slightedge, I survived BodyPump but just barely. It was so hard at the end I just did the best I could but I was soooo tired my muscles were betraying me lol. The instructor should be a sargeant in the Marine Corp..."I didn't say stop!!! Keep going!!!" lol This was not directed at me but she did say things that at times may have been directed at me. My husband went with me and suffered through it. Today, I'm doing meal prep. It's important that I do as much of our meals today as possible because if I don't, there is a high possibility that I won't feel like cooking and then we will be in trouble. Have a great day!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trishastime and gemwolf. I saw your links but then went into my phone to add you and can’t figure out how from the username. All I can find is contacts, FB, and email

Trooworld. I’m not a sweater either I once had someone tell me then I’m not exercising hard enough. It was hard enough for me having trouble breathing. I think because I don’t drink enough my body conserves fluid. Lol. I did sweat today though. The room was hot

Did 30 min on treadmill and 10 min stretching. A 7 on my ideal day

• trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I think some people just don't sweat. When you said "I'm not a sweater either" I had to laugh at that visual! lol Great job with the exercise!

Hello all. I did a lot of walking yesterday, I walked the dog with the husband in the morning and then walked to the grocery store and back and then walked around Walmart. It ended up being a great day for steps: over 10,000. I ate a big breakfast yesterday. DH cooked some favorites, so I didn't eat lunch and then I wasn't feeling well at dinner so I didn't eat dinner either, which was good because I really didn't have the points to eat dinner lol. I could have but it would have taken the rest of my FitPoints do so. Have a good day, everyone!