NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• SONKISSED1
    SONKISSED1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi all! It's been a long while since I've been here. I've been backslidden'. I'm trying so hard to get back on track. I start my new life-changing diet every Monday. It would be hilarious if it weren't so ridiculous! :'(
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    trooworld the sausages sound good. I'll try that and freeze some. How long will they keep in the fridge?

gemwolf That's good that you have found something you like to do and help preserve your health at the same time

sonkissed1 We all struggle at one time or another. I'm not shooting for 100%. 80/20 would be nice right now. Concentrate on the next meal. Pick out some nice healthy things you like to eat. Let the plan fit you versus you trying to fit a plan. That's a recipe for disaster. You won't stick to it long term.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

@trooworld - I just has to look up what Monkey bread is - not something familiar to me - but sound delicious :)

@SONKISSED1 - Hello - I have learnt along the way is one day at a time and if you have a bad day - do not wait until Monday to start again instead start the very next day :)

@theslightedgeforever - mmm lentils for brekky? I have included lentils in some receipes ( I must admit reluctantly as I am not a big fan of them

Another busy day at work, but I brought my brekky in rather than eat it at home - I am thinking - I may just get home earlier if I start earlier

Thanks

Trish
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Hi Sue

Did they not ask for special meal requirements like they do on airplanes. I am lucky that I have never done and never will do jury duty, due to husbands occupation

Hope you get something that keeps you interested or you get released

Trish
  • SONKISSED1
    SONKISSED1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good morning - Thanks ladies! I should have stayed in the group. I am REstarting TODAY and not MONDAY :) ! and I will stop thinking about the rules and just do it! Have a great day! <3
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @SONKISSED1 Welcome back. Maybe try your new lifestyle on a Wednesday or a Thursday instead of waiting to start on a Monday? Mix it up a little. Why wait? :) And if you slip up, just start again with the next bite. Not the next Monday. Oh, I see you popped back in to say you started again today and not Monday--- Yay!!! Good for you! That's how you do it. Start with the very next bite. Forgive yourself and move on.

@theslightedgeforever they are really good. Here is the recipe I used: https://projectmealplan.com/best-breakfast-sausage-patties/ Except I used 99% fat-free ground turkey and I didn't fry them in oil, I misted my pan with cooking spray and cooked it in that. -0- points! ;) I think this batch will last until Friday or Saturday and I cooked them on Monday.

@TrishasTime oh, yeah, sorry about that. I forgot it is probably not a worldwide term! Yes, delicious but not very healthy.

Hello all. I am up at 4:15 to get ready for work boy it's early. I did really well yesterday until I didn't: a colleague walked into my office and said, "It's chocolate time" and handed me a chocolate bar and I took the bar and promptly ate it. 12 pts! I made the choice to eat it all. I had a stomachache after that. But at least I tracked it. Tomorrow is weigh in. I hope it doesn't affect it. I've been drinking a lot of water. Hopefully, that helps!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trishastime I like red lentils versus brown lentils but I'm learning to use them in all sorts of recipes. I've made tacos out of them one time. It was pretty good.

gemwolf110 So make a vow that this will be the heaviest day of your life. No more backsliding so that in 6 months you may be heavier. You don't want that. I gained 30 lbs and once got a new "heaviest" weight by losing 1 lb and then I would gain 2 and losing and gaining and I didn't realize that over time I was 30 lbs heavier. So make a vow. I declare on this day that XXX is my official highest weight. This is unacceptable to me. I deserve to be at a lower, healthy weight. Then take your next meal and make that a healthy one. I need to make movement a lifestyle choice. That's where I'm struggling. Let's work on this together.

sonkissed1 I hate the word rules. How about boundaries? You have other boundaries in your life that you don't cross, right? What would be some of your food boundaries? You are the author. Living by someone else's rules means that you aren't in charge. But you are in control of this journey. You are in the driver's seat.

trooworld Thanks for the recipe. So now you can come up with a plan that doesn't include 12 unplanned points the next time your colleague pops in. Lock the door! lol What did you tell yourself right before you ate it? I think that colleague knows that you are becoming stronger and she is trying to sabotage you. She might know free food is your weakness. I read recently but can't remember where something about free food and how most of us just take it and eat it. We have to tell ourselves that food really isn't free. It is destroying my health, my happiness, and fill in the blank. Some other options would be cut it in half and just eat half or a fourth. No taking home for later either or hubby. Why destroy his health. Other options, have a healthier or lower point chocolate item in your desk for these occasions. When she says chocolate time, you will be prepared Oh No Thanks, I have my own......

Well, I think I'm going to go swimming. Maybe burn some calories that way.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    afternoon! I was without a computer all day Monday, Tuesday flew by and here it is already Wed afternoon.

My scale has been broke for a bit and I thought good...I will just go by how my clothes fit...well my DH just fixed it and I am up 5lbs. UGH....so now I have to lose those as well. I know my eating has been emotional and my gym has not been consistently every day. Just like right now...I am emotional...just thinking I am back where I was almost 5 years ago...why do we go up and down..up and down...I want consistent. So I have to work on consistent, one thing...not all things. So my main goal is not to eat after 6...problem is I usually run out the door at 5 and have not eaten...so I come home hungry and eat and go to bed...so I have to change the pattern. OR THIS will continue to be a gain.

I don't have time to catch up today, I have to get ready to leave, but going to try to eat before as someone said...today it starts not Monday!!!

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever lol...I do need to make a plan. I told myself I have a choice: I could eat all of that bar, half of that bar, or part of that bar. I decided to eat a little of it first, and then I decided to eat it all. You might be right, but I think she knows I like chocolate and she sees me as a comrade in this weight loss journey that she can identify with (she is also on Weight Watchers but she slips up and has chocolate). The next time, I will take it, have a little and then put the rest in my little fridge and save it (I can ration it out. I know some people can't do that).

@cbabie oh no...so sorry about the scale! Yes, start today, not Monday!!!

Hi everyone! I'm very happy to report that I lost -2.1 lbs this week. That is WITH eating all of that chocolate bar, and WITH eating all of my weekly points and some of my FitPoints! So, I lost -6.3 lbs in May. Not bad!!! It's amazing how this journey can be different when you aren't emotionally stressed and can focus on it. lol
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    cbabie How about making your one thing a positive one. Instead of I will NOT eat after 6 pm. I will eat a healthy meal at 4:30 p.m. That way you will eat before you leave and not come home and eat junk and go to bed. Now if you tell me that you can't eat at 4:30 because you have to get ready to leave by 5, then get ready earlier. ;) Think of this as an appt. or a business meeting. You would be on time for those and get other things arranged.

gemwolf110 What good thing did you do right today? Mine was set up my June goals. Do you have any?

trooworld Another successful week for you. Woohoo! You rocked May. Now go rock June. Yes, we are more successful when we put ourselves first.

Off to go watch some motivational Youtube clips.

• cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon, I went to the gym this morning...worked up a sweat..came home got dressed and went to meet my helper at church. So I have been too busy to binge..LOL

@trooworld Congratulations!!! you are on a roll. Great job, you are an encouragement to me.

@theslightedgeforever yes I know positive...but then I tend to go into the grey area..LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever thank you! Yes, I intend to do just that!

@cbabie good job! Thank you for your encouragement to ME!

Hello all. TGIF! Although this was only a 4-day week, it seemed like a 6-day week lol. I'm glad it's Friday, I have no plans tonight. Maybe I will read a book on the patio. :) I hope you all have a good day.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon, I went to the gym, worked up a sweat again...been watching my eating habits. I will be gone tonight, so no binging...trying to make good habits.

@trooworld I agree, seems like it's been a long week.

@gemwolf110 I need to put my goals together too!

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

How is everyone? Saturday here in OZ - Cold crisp morning. I am just hanging in at the moment. Not going to provide excuses - at the moment it is what it is and I just need to get throught this month

Catch you all later

Trish
  • trooworld
    Options
    @gemwolf110 thanks for the reminder to put some goals together!

@cbabie great job with the gym.

@TrishasTime hello! Just hang in there, start over with the next bite (if food is where you are struggling).

Hi all. I've got a headache this morning, probably due to the weather changes. I want to go to BodyPump this morning, and I'll probably go because if I tell my husband I don't want to go he'll think I'm making an excuse (I didn't want to go last week either). I'm torn between taking care of me and saying I don't want to go, and just going so I don't have to see his disappointed face.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    cbabie Nothing wrong with grey. lol It has to be your boundary though and no one else's. You decide where the line needs to be in the gray area. Dark grey medium grey light grey? Where ever gets you to your goal. Good for you for going to the gym.

trooworld Are you enjoying your book on the patio? I'm reading an interesting book. Called The Perfect Day. I prefer The Ideal Day. It says to journal out what your ideal day would be. Then journal what your ideal self would look like. Who are you trying to become? His solution is to focus on your own life and things in your control. We spend so much time focusing on others and end up unhappy and stress. His formula is Control your mornings. Conquer the chaos of your afternoons. Concentrate on what really matters in the evenings. I like that. Now just to do it. lol

gemwolf Think of your body as a camper. You have to open it up to get ready for the season of losing weight. What's on your list of things to do? We know #1 is get back on track. What exactly does that mean? What would be your #2?

Trishatime Sometime we have to put things on a back burner to let simmer while we stir things on med high on the front burner. Hang in there. You'll know when the time is right to turn up the heat.

I did yoga yesterday.

Here are my June goals

Cardio 4 days a week
    1 day of yoga
    Track my food daily
    5000 steps
    stay within food boundaries

• trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I'm having this problem lately--- I'm having a concentration problem, I can't seem to sit down and read anything for more than a minute at a time. I don't know what to do. I switch to social media and scroll through that. :( I'm so angry about it. I used to read so much and I can't read right now. My sister-in-law has a plaque that says, "What you focus on, you become" this reminds me of what you are saying. I will have to give that some thought.

Hi all. I ended up going to the gym but I did not do BodyPump, I did the recumbent bike for 30 mins and then sat in the car and waited for my husband to be done with the class. I had a migraine all day yesterday. :( I think I will list some goals like slightedgeforever:
    • continue to track my food daily
    • 7,000 steps a day
    • 100 oz of water a day
    • follow my food plan as I have in mind
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld I have that problem with movies lately. Even long videos. I used to be fine but now I'm not. So for the meantime, I just read. lol Does your work involve a lot of reading? If not, I say go with it because it will probably change. Maybe your eyes need a rest and this is your body's way of telling you. I hope your head feels better.

Your June goals look good. I need to now execute my plan. I lost 0.9 lbs this week. On to next week.

• trooworld
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever yes it does, sometimes. Maybe that is why I can't read! I am able to listen to audiobooks in the car, so at least I can do that. My head does feel better...for now. Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. Yesterday I did a little bit of meal prep but I didn't feel like doing much, I was being lazy lol. Luckily, we have some easy dishes planned, so I can get away with it this week. I discovered Talenti has a new lower sugar gelato and it's delicious. Don't discover it if you have trouble stopping eating ice cream/gelato. lol It's 5 SP for 1/2 cup serving (120 cals) Here's the flavor I got: https://talentigelato.com/products/chocolate-fudge-swirl-less-sugar-gelato
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld For some reason I don't like the consistency of gelato. I've tried a couple of times and just can't get into. Probably better for me.

gemwolf Walking by the beach sounds wonderful. I went to Virginia Beach on our vacation and had a great time.
    Good for you for doing food prep and heading to Zumba. Didn't really do much on the weekend except read.

cbabie Where are you?