NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Well, here I am 10 days later and am going back to work. Ironically, I have a bit of a sore throat. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a cold. I have made the decision to do Whole30 starting this Saturday (see www.whole30.com for info). It's basically a 30 day restart/elimination diet. Yes, it's a diet, but if I do okay, I will transition into the paleo lifestyle after that. I need to shake the sugar and junk food and this is hardcore and what I need. I won't be tracking for 30 days, nor getting on the scale. I'll still come here to check in though. Anyone else do either Whole30 or paleo?

@cbabie Well, I didn't get around to making them but here's the link to the recipe: http://pinchofyum.com/homemade-dog-treats#easyrecipe-31153-0 I am glad I got some errands done.

@mysticlizard the banana bread was good. I've never heard of raclette, but it sounds like a lot of fun. I love your goals!

@gemwolf110 that sounds like a nice refrigerator I hope it got delivered okay.

@theslightedgeforever I did get on the scale, late last week, and I lost 1.6 lbs so that was good. Great job tracking everything!

@lore11a I did really enjoy my time off and am a bit depressed to go back to work (even though I really do love my job). I'm glad you are enjoying your air fryer, those sound like good foods to try in it. I'm sorry your mom fell and sprained her ankle, I hope she gets better soon.

@FitPhillygirl welcome!

@nanpask welcome! One of the reasons I left WW was because of money.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies,

@FitPhillygirl and @nanpask - Hi!

@trooworld - I looked through the Whole 30 website. Good for you making the commitment. When I was reading, I thought of your sectioned containers that you packed with snacks for work last month. You will definitely have to be on top of your game with meal and snack planning. I hope your first day back to work was good.

I got my exercise in today. I used the leftover veggies from the raclette meal, added meat and tomato sauce and made a crock pot of spaghetti sauce. So another thing on my to do list is to make up three pans of Lasagna, bake them, and get them frozen. My oldest daughter is moving mid month and my neighbor is very pregnant. I figured they could both use a meal they don't have to cook. The other pan I will portion out and freeze for hubby and the girls to grab when they need a quick meal.

Have a good day.

January Goals
    CW 239
    1. Log all food 2 out of 31 days Under calories 1 of 31 days Over calories 1 of 31 days
    2. Exercise 25 hours (1500 minutes) this month 135 minutes
    3. Managing stress 2 out of 31 days

I am being purposeful in my daily actions to become the healthy active balanced person that I want to be.

edited to play with word color
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @trooworld, thanks for the welcome.
    @mysticlizard, Hi :)

Thanks to another very busy day at work, I'm already at 14,503 steps. I plan on doing a Insanity workout after dinner this evening. My goal for the month was to increase my water intake from 80oz. to 96oz. So far I'm doing good with it. I also drink a lot of coffee and green tea during the day as well that I don't count as part of my water intake. Have a good evening everyone. :)
  • peruviansweetie
    peruviansweetie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!!
    I'm taking baby steps here. I'll try my best to get on here as much as possible!!! I haven't started tracking yet, but I am looking into setting up my workout schedule. Planning to go back to the Y soon.
    @cbabie Missing you my friend!! Hope you're feeling better.
    @trooworld Going to check out that 30 site you put up. I need something strict and hope to join you in the challenge. Let's see what I need to do. I'll keep you posted!!
    @mysticlizard thank you for cheering me on!! I will do the same for you!!!
    @FitPhillygirl Welcome to the board. I left WW last year and don't plan on going back. It's become too pricey. I'll use this app and the support of all the women here.

Have a great day ladies!!!
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Morning:
    Wow I came back to a couple of new newbies and all my friends. Well most of them showed up. Lol

I am still sick, I haven't been like this in forever! So I have not worked out at all since last Tuesday. Lol and I don't feel guilty! I just want to feel better.

@FitPhillygirl welcome. Normally I would write a lot, but just still not up to par...however I am so glad u found us and joined in for the fun in 2017!!
    @nanpask welcome!! Glad you are here! I will do more personals tomorrow! Please keep posting and meeting us each day ,

At the rest of my dear friends. I will try to come back today but if not for sure tomorrow and catch up on the post. I would say we each have our new goals and renewed vision for 2017!!!

Cbabie
  • mysticlizard
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies,

Two years ago today I found and signed up for MFP. I have checked in everyday for the last 730 days. At my lowest I made it down to 225 pounds. This last year has been rough, I have started this year were I started 2016. I regained and again lost 21 pounds. At first I was depressed when I looked at this, then I realized I only put on the 21 pounds (not any where near the 292 pounds I started with in Oct. 2014). I have also learned a lot about my relationship with food. Now I need to act on the knowledge I have gained and make the right choices so that when I lose the weight this time I will keep it off and not have to keep losing the same 21 pounds. This is my year to succeed.

I hope everyone had a decent hump day.

January Goals
    CW 239
    1. Log all food 3 out of 31 days Under calories 2 of 31 days Over calories 1 of 31 days
    2. Exercise 25 hours (1500 minutes) this month 195 minutes
    3. Managing stress 3 out of 31 days

I am being purposeful in my daily actions to become the healthy active balanced person that I want to be.

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    @peruviansweetie,@cbabie thanks for the welcome :) Hope you feel better soon cbabie. I know a lot of people at work who are sick and it seems like it takes a while to get better. Have a great day everyone!
    Today I did 17,000 + steps, and a Insanity Max 30 workout this evening. I like wearing my Charge HR 2 as I feel like it pushes me to work harder during my HIIT workouts. This was what it showed during today's workout;

kcnyvpz2s8c6.png
  • cbabie
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Morning gals:

Not sure where all of our newbies are, one of my goals is to keep checking in every day. It keeps me starting my day on the right foot. It's kind of like breakfast, the best meal of the day, gets your body prepped for the remainder of the day. I am feeling a little more like myself, still have a little of the cough, but the head pressure is gone and I am not sounding like I am rasping or in a tunnel when I speak. LOL

@mysticlizard you and @theslightedgeforever love to analyze and figure your next moves. I wish I could look at all the data like you do and make the changes. I sort say oh this didn't work today, let me try this today.LOL Great analysis. I like that you took the positive attitude and not the defeatist.

@FitPhillygirl Thank you, I am feeling better. You are hard core exercise. I used to be, then I slacked way off, then I started again, but the last year has just really been oh I only have 30 min, what can I do since I have to do weight baring exercises for my bones..oh yea walk on my treadmill. So you encourage me to make more out of my routine. I am not starting today, it's important for me to get well first, then I will look at my routine and make tweaks and start building a healthier one.

Where are my other friends?

Okay gals lots to do before work.

Enjoy your day!

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hello all! I'm continuing to prep for my Whole30 journey. I looked up the must-haves from Trader Joe's which include things like coconut flour, pork belly, veggies (of course) and other things. I stopped tracking my food intake because, on Whole30, you are not supposed to track food or get on the scale, for 30 days. I'm sad to lose my days on MFP but I want to follow the rules of the program. My husband wants to transition into keto after Whole30, but I don't know anything about it. Does anyone do it? I was thinking we'd do paleo but am open to other things I guess.

@mysticlizard indeed, have to prepare for sure! Last night, I picked out all the meals for the 30 days and made a spreadsheet. That's very sweet of you to make lasagna for your daughter and your neighbor...I'm sure they will very much appreciate that, I would! Yum! Congrats on two years of MFP! You are doing great.

@FitPhillygirl wow, great job on the exercise AND great job on the water intake! I have a hard time with liquid intake, mostly because I get busy and don't make it a priority.

@peruviansweetie it is definitely strict! But I think I need something like this to kick me in the behind lol. I'd love for you to join me on the journey, if it is right for you! There are tons of whole30 blogs, and if you look at paleo blogs, they have many whole30 recipes as well because whole30 is basically paleo without honey and maple syrup. :)

@cbabie aw, I'm sorry you are sick still. I hope you feel better soon.

• mysticlizard
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

@FitPhillygirl - You are taring it up! You go! :)

@cbabie - I am glad you are starting to feel better. Take it easy until you are fully well. <3 Yes I am a data nerd. I am hoping with seeing and updating my info daily it will help me to stay more focused. A minute a day will save me 45 minutes at the end of the month trying to get all the info together as well.

@trooworld - Thank you, I love to cook (and eat) and if I can cook and give the food to someone else it helps my waistline but allows me to do something I love to do. As long as you log on to MFP daily even just to check the forums you will not lose your days on the site. Logging on to this site is what counts the days here, not logging your food in your diary. I have a friend who went paleo and felt a little flu-ish at first. She said she had heard from others that this can be a common occurrence. She felt great after that and loves her lifestyle. :)

@gemwolf110 - Yay for the OT. Take care of yourself as best you can. <3 I bet your fur babies are thrilled to see you when you get home.

It is cold here, we have climbed up to 0 F the sun is somewhat out so that is nice. Hubby came in last night and will be here until tomorrow morning.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday.

January Goals
    CW 239
    1. Log all food 4 out of 31 days Under calories 3 of 31 days Over calories 1 of 31 days Protien 2 of 31 days
    2. Exercise 25 hours (1500 minutes) this month 210 minutes
    3. Managing stress 4 out of 31 days

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Extremely sick in bed now with flu I thought I was managing it but I guess not So all actions are going towards healing lay in bed sleep a lot wake up and read. Sleep a lot etc. I'll be back with my wonderful words of wisdom soon
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning gals: Feeling better, but still fighting nausea, so no walking for me this morning. I am going to go back to bed for a bit and try to calm my stomach and then get up for work. Last work day of the week yea..

@theslightedgeforever sorry you are so sick. I pray you get better faster.
    @gemwolf110 I remember the days of OT, glad they are over. Life comes in seasons. LOL
    @mysticlizard I can't handle the cold anymore...it gets 60 here and I freeze. I love wearing my sweaters, covers a multitude of sins..LOL Enjoy DH.
    @trooworld I have not tried any of those. I am glad you have a DH that will do that with you. Mine..well we won't go there. Great job on your planning and spreadsheet. I love spreadsheets.

Okay gals, going to go lay down for a bit

Enjoy your day!

Cbabie
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!
    @cbabie..How are you doing? I hope you are feeling much better.
    @mysticlizard...Congratulations on checking in for the last 730 days. Great determination and you a doing awesome on your excercise.
    @nanpask...I know what you mean about WW. It seems like they change things up a lot and it does get expensive. I used to go to WW and I am a lifetime member. Now I just use My Fitness Pal. I love this group, they are very encouraging and uplifting.
    @trooworld...Good luck with the Whole 30 journey. Let us know how you like it. I like the idea of making a spreadsheet for your 30 days. That would be hard to figure out.
    @Fitphillygirl...Welcome. Great job on losing and maintaining your weight for so long.
    @peruviansweetie... Welcome. Awesome workout.
    @theslightedgeforever...I hope you feel better really soon. Get lots of rest.
    Well, it will be an indoor day today. It snowed last night and is 15 degrees outside. Burr!! Looks like another day on the treadmill. Yesterday I made a dish that was pretty tasty. I roasted some chicken tenders along with 1/2 a sweet potato, broccoli, carrots and brussel sprouts with a little olive oil , salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary and garlic. It was very good. Had enough for leftovers today.
  • mysticlizard
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Good morning ladies, TGIF!

@gemwolf - Awesome job on maintaining your weight through the holidays. That is a great NSV. I had to chuckle at your fur babies being so noisy on your arrival home. I know you and your partner work opposite shifts, so to the fur babies greet him the same way and wake you up?

@theslightedgeforever and @cbabie - You ladies take care of yourselves and get better.

@lore11a - Stay warm, we a battling the cold weather too. I am grateful the sun is shinning though it is only 7. At least looking out the window I can pretend it is warmer lol. You supper sounds like it was really good, I love Brussels sprouts.

January Goals
    CW 239
    1. Log all food 5 out of 31 days Under calories 4 of 31 days Over calories 1 of 31 days Protein 2 of 31 days
    2. Exercise 25 hours (1500 minutes) this month 270 minutes
    3. Managing stress 5 out of 31 days

• nanpask
    nanpask Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are sick. Take care of yourself
  • cathyfalcone9819
    cathyfalcone9819 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This time of year it's easy to catch something
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all! Well, I'm drinking my black coffee (I've always put flavored creamer or at least Splenda and milk in it, so this is...different) and getting ready to go to Trader Joe's to stock up on Whole30 supplies. One thing I'm looking forward to getting is coconut milk to put in my coffee! I got on the scale today for the last time for 30 days and I'm at the highest weight I've been in years (233.5), just 15 lbs from my highest ever. Not good. I'm looking forward to feeling better and hopefully losing weight on this program.

@gemwolf110 I'm sorry work has been crazy busy but OT is awesome. I accidentally worked a half hour of OT yesterday, I was mad at myself when I realized I was leaving 30 minutes late. Congrats on the loss!

@mysticlizard oh I wonder if I logged in yesterday? I think I may not have and have lost my days. I'll have to check. Good to know. Yeah, they call that "carb flu" and I fully expect to get it (hopefully I won't!). I started this morning by having coffee with no creamer or sweetener or sugar, just plain black. It's not as bad as I thought it would be.

@theslightedgeforever oh no! I'm sorry to hear that you are sick. Take care of yourself.

@cbabie I love spreadsheets too. I'm a geek when it comes to doing stuff like that. I'm glad you are feeling better.

@lore11a yes, I made the spreadsheet so that I wouldn't have any excuses to eat off plan. Even one slip up makes me have to start over! Thanks.

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning gals: It's cold here in AZ, my heat has kicked on more times than usual. I am so grateful to be feeling normal with the exception...my hunger came back. LOL

I have been up for hours trying best on how to make use of the next 3 weeks. I am thinking of reading more and TV less. Exercise more, TV less. I really don't "watch" a lot of TV, but I find that if I don't have some function that I have to go to after work, I come home and sit in front of the TV..(my DH is always there) I am expecting great things in 2017, but some things just don't (wave the magic wand) and appear or change. :) Surprise..in case you didn't know that.

I have been seeing more recipes on FB, still fat/sugar filled ones, but more with things like cauliflower. I realize I need a food processor. So putting this on my list of things to save for.

@lore11a so good to see your post! I am feeling much better thanks! That meal you made, sounds yummy!!
    @mysticlizard I love your "signature" line, what a great statement!!
    @nanpask don't you just love a place you can come over for coffee and fellowship? Glad we have this board.
    @cathyfalcon yes it's easy to catch things, but I plan on giving away things I don't want and catching things I do..LOL
    @trooworld great plan...it will help you succeed if you keep the food and things you can have an not have the ones you can't. Our minds are an amazing thing...good and bad. LOL

okay girls I have to get my day going as my mom would say.

Cbabie

• mysticlizard
    Options
    Good evening ladies,

I hope all of you had a nice Saturday despite the cold temperatures. The girls and I cleaned the house today. I also finally weighted my kitchen gear by the gram, made a chart, and laminated it. I am forever forgetting to tare the scale before I dump things into bowls, pans, crock pot etc. So now I can just subtract the the container and I will have the proper weight for the food. I did not get my exercise in but will catch up there tomorrow.

Stay warm everyone. <3

Liz

January Goals
    CW 239
    1. Log all food 6 out of 31 days Under calories 5 of 31 days Over calories 1 of 31 days Protein 3 of 31 days
    2. Exercise 25 hours (1500 minutes) this month 270 minutes
    3. Managing stress 6 out of 31 days

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning gals:

@mysticlizard Sounds like you had the day I wanted..LOL great job on the containers. I do the same thing once in a while. All I did was run yesterday. I used a 1/4 tank of gas running everyone where they wanted or needed to be, getting my own errands done, but my dad go Arbee's and he was VERY happy..LOL

Well most of my day will be in church today, but this afternoon I plan to read or sleep. I didn't get any of that done yesterday.

Hope to see others today....

Cbabie