NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    @trooworld The name of the podcast is The Habit Factor. He wrote a book by the same title. Then Pressure Paradox, then this last one that I posted. I'm glad you had fun at PugOWeen.

Went to the gym today for 80 min. I made sure I did it before I went to the theater. we saw Ticket to Paradise. I knew that we were going to eat afterwards and I knew I wouldn't want to go to the gym after that. I cut my meal in half and took the rest home for tomorrow. Now we are having bad wind and thunderstorms that is shaking the windows.

I lost 1.4 lbs this week so I'm happy with that. Now to just continue this week.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Thank you. I just looked up the podcast and it isn't available on Spotify (my podcast player of choice) but I can listen to it on the website, I may check it out. That was smart to go to the gym before the movies. Good thinking! That wind and rain sound scary. Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I didn't have much energy yesterday to cook things because I did a lot of running around doing errands. I met a friend for coffee in the morning and then ran my errands. I did make dinner, which was chicken enchiladas. But I wasn't hungry so I didn't force myself to eat. Looking back at my calories for the day (888), I probably should have eaten dinner but oh well, I can't change it now.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all, My scale hasn't moved, so good news bad news..LOL. I am in this group and we try to focus on one word for the week...I really didn't do last week, it's all a blur. This week is THRIVE...I think each of us here are learning to Thrive where we are..and yearn to be at a different level and thrive there. There is something about being happy where you are, but also moving to the next level gives you more of a feeling of confidence. So that's my goal this week is to move to the next level. I am focusing on tracking at least 1 meal a day (MFP free doesn't scan bar codes anymore). LOL. And moving up my exercise from 0 to at least 1 hour this week. There I put it in writing..

@theslightedgeforever I don't want to pay the price for audible..I want to figure this out and still read. LOL I love to read and take my mind from where I am. Great job on the choices, exercise and loss you are getting back to where you wanted to be and look you are still on vacation..LOL

@trooworld So glad you had a good time. Yes I am learning that I may be under on calories that day (rare) but when I do, I pay for it the next day, either in how I feel or I binge eat... Funny how running errands really takes it out on our energy. I think that should be considered exercise.

Cbabie
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, weird couple of days. Sore today and feeling sorry for myself. Ate badly although volume wasn’t ridiculous - seems I can’t stomach the kilos of sugar I used to be able to consume, which is a silver lining 😊. Nothing serious, but struggling to get back into focus. Exercise is minimal to meet my goals but still going on my movement streak. Water is on and off, food starts the day with good intentions but I just can’t be bothered with all the planning. Turns out I can’t just keep eating raw veggies which I had been really enjoying and finding so manageable. Really bummed and it’s thrown me off.

Anyway, still here, just backgrounding for a bit I guess. Hope you’re all well.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Sorry the scale didn't move but at least it didn't move up. :) I like that word, THRIVE. That's a good goal to track 1 meal a day, 1 hour of movement a day. I was really hungry when I woke up yesterday, more than normal, I think because I didn't eat enough the day before. Luckily, I didn't binge. I think errands should be considered exercise, too! LOL

@Tamevv Are you overdoing it with exercise, is that why you are sore? That's good you can't do that much sugar anymore. Sorry you are struggling right now. Hugs.

Hi all. I got another screw in my tire which ticks me off. I've had to deal with 3 within the past 3 months. I stopped at three places on the way home last night to get it fixed but everyone was busy and I couldn't get it done so I'm hoping my tire isn't flat when I go out to go to work today. I'll try to get off early to get it taken care of. Eating has been okay. Still no movement because of my knee but I think I'm getting close to being able to go for walks again.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Tamevv
    Options

Morning. Just logged my breakfast. Step one ✅. Drank two glasses of water so far. Step two ✅ Exercised ✅. So we’re off to a decent start. Not feeling particularly positive or determined so will see how the day goes.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Tamevv You are being consistent and that is what will get you through the times when you are less motivated/determined. Hang in there, you are doing the work! :D

Hi all. I had to replace that tire, unfortunately. That was money I wasn't expecting to have to shell out. :( I hope nothing else happens. I should think more positively. On a more positive note, after 3 years of leaky windows, the HOA is finally fixing one of them. The work starts Monday. The other one, we are waiting on our upstairs neighbor to replace his window and he's been unresponsive to the HOA's request for him to do so. I don't know what will happen with that one.

• theslightedgeforever
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @trooworld I'm glad your knee is starting to feel better. My knee is so much better since I started doing my stretches daily and strength training exercises for the knee. I can now bend my knee without tension in it. I only listen to podcasts on Podcasts. lol But that's probably an iphone feature. Oh my kids and I played Exploding Kittens last night. I lost. Twice. Where are you picking up so many screws? Yaay on the HOA fixing the window. Good news.

@cbabie You don't really need the food scanner unless you are eating new and different foods everyday. Because foods that you have eaten and logged are already stored in there. It's just a click click click and you are done. How about using Kindle text to speech?

@Tamevv You are really doing great with your movement. Which do you have more problems with? Lunch? Dinner? Nighttime snacking? By focusing on just one of them you can narrow down your focus and add another check mark to your day.

Yesterday I walked 38 min. Today I went to the gym for 72 min.
    Food was almost spot on with my target yesterday. Today I was over by 266.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Me too! Oh yeah that sounds like an iPhone feature. That sounds like a fun game. I've heard of it but never played it. I think it's a couple of things: first, I drive 35 miles each way to work Mon-Weds, so lots of exposure to the road, second, this past weekend, the city had people put all their old metal junk in the road (on the sides) so that they could pick it up. I'm thinking a screw made its way into the road. Yes, good news about the window! Sounds like you are doing really well, besides the 266 over yesterday.

Hi all. I went to a baby shower yesterday at work, I ate too much sugar. I ate okay besides that. Today, I'm working from home. My friend comes tomorrow so I need to clean up my house sometime today. It's funny how a visitor will prompt you to do a spring cleaning! :)

• Tamevv
    Options
    Okay, so I have drafted a couple of posts on here and journaled a bit, but I’m not going to bother you with it because it’s all just whinging and ranting. I’m doing fine really - exercise streak continues but there will be a gain this week - only question is how much 😏
  • cbabie
    Options
    Evening all, I have been so busy and trying to still keep posting...didn't get to it yesterday. Had family drama..LOL. I haven't been tracking and I need to. I am kind of bored with what I am eating, but I am too tired by the end of day to cook a good meal. I know this season of no sleep will pass. I DID exercise today, so I did get that done. haven't drunk enough water and I can feel it. My legs have been aching al lot the last couple of days.

@Tamevv Glad to see your post, I miss you when you or I miss a day LOL. I like the check list...you amaze me with you looking at things and trying to see how what ever it is has effected you, both positive and negative

@trooworld I used to replace windshields like you are replacing tires..my DH used to tell me it's cause you follow too close...I drove bumper to bumper traffic for 45 - 50 min 5 days a week, what do you think happens..LOL. Yes cleaning always goes faster when you know someone is coming for a visit. LOL

@theslightedgeforever Yes I know I don't. have to scan, but I was wanting to use it for some new things and it wasn't working...I am trying to get out of my rut..LOL. Glad you had fun with your kids even if you lost..

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Today I was under 253 so I hoped to balance out yesterday. Hopefully you won't have any more screws in the road. Hubby would always ask if company was coming if he saw the house super clean. Yes usually true, but then sometimes I just got the cleaning bug. It didn't happen very often though.

@tamevv You know where you want to go. Like the GPS there is more than one road available. Do you want to go on the faster road or the slow road? It's all the choices we make everyday. Sometimes I want to just get there cause I'm tired of riding in the car and other times I keep stopping to enjoy the scenery.

@cbabie Your exercise is becoming a habit. What would constitute a good meal to you where you don't have to cook? That's the best thing to be eating right now. Less stress and better nutrition. If it were me, I'd probably be eating a bowl of cereal or oatmeal. lol The good news is salad in a bag is available everywhere. There is literally is nothing to do but open the bag, pour it on the plate and add the dressing.

I went to the gym for 30 min today. I forgot my earphones. So I did my stretching and therapy exercises and some Bosu ball balance exercises and called it a day.

=
  • Tamevv
    Options
    I actually lost a couple of hundred grams 🤷‍♀️. Checked it twice, such a surprise. Today has been good - I planned out my meals while working out and knew they’d be low cause we are having pizza for dinner. Stuck to it so far and no snacks, and was really looking forward to fancy yoghurt for afternoon tea but went to measure it out only to find my middle child has eaten all but the dregs 😡. Not happy, I didn’t even get to taste it. So I’m in hiding lest I over react - yoghurt is a good snack for them and I hadn’t labelled it so he didn’t know, but I’m disappointed and hungry. The flip tho is I actually feel like something savoury so I’m thinking I’ll steam some broccoli and grate Parmesan over it and eat that. I really do enjoy feeling in control and intentional about my food. Remembering to take these breaks and think before I act is so important.
  • Tamevv
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I really like the analogy of stopping to enjoy the scenery, (or a nice meal along the way 😉) but this week it has felt more like stumbling along down a gravel pathway - not quite “lost” but definitely not on a sealed road either. The analogy made me smile and I’m looking forward to cruising down the highway again 😊
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Tamevv I'm sorry you might have a gain, but you never know, you may lose. I've had weeks when I thought for sure I'd gain and then I lost. Yay for the exercise streak! I just saw your new message. Yay, see? It's a crap shoot lol. That's too bad about the yogurt. You are right about taking breaks.

@cbabie Thanks for finding the time to post. I miss when you don't post lol. Sorry about the drama. Can you cook a meal in the morning for later? Or put stuff in the crockpot? Yeah I really think it has to do with how much I drive. Hopefully that's the last for a while.

@theslightedgeforever Yes, it balances out nicely. :) Yeah I hope no more screws. We get the cleaning bug once in a while but especially when company is coming. I hate when I attempt to exercise but forget my earphones. Good job doing something.

Hi all. I lost 2 lbs this week. I've been bouncing back and forth at around this weight since May. :( My friend arrives this morning. I'm so excited! We have a busy day of shopping, visiting my work, going to Little Italy for dinner. Have a great day!

• cbabie
    Options
    Popping in, I didn't get to exercise today, but I am not giving up on me...Already ate 4 Oreos, but just don't eat any more is my thought....

@trooworld I laughed when I saw Italy for dinner....I do love Italian food...Yea on the loss...see it's working!!!

@theslightedgeforever good job working out, even if you forgot your headphones..you made a good choice.

@tamevv Congrats on the loss and I love your little emojis... they make my day.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @Tamevv Yaay on some lost weight. You are in control. You may have stumbled but you definitely have found your footing now.

@trooworld Woohoo on the weight loss. So you've learned how to maintain since May. Those skills will be necessary when you get to goal. So now work on losing 1 lb this week. I've gained since May so you are better off than me.

@cbabie You checked in here that's a good thing. Did you track anything? You can still go back and track those 4 oreos. It's good practice. My son brought home Gluten Free Oreos. :s That's one way to make me stay out of them.

I'm under my target by 4 calories. I went to the gym today for 82 min.

Tomorrow I'm going to finally leave my daughter's house. I'll miss her and my son. He's going with us to Chicago to see some friends and then we'll drop him off at the airport to go back to TX. Then Monday we'll go home. I'll have to keep up my good gym habits I've made here when I get there. I think the food will be better. No temptations being brought to me all the time. It will be nice to get off an air-mattress and back into my own bed. So my check-ins will be spotty till I get settled back in. I just have to make sure I keep tracking to keep my streak going.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I'm glad you aren't giving up. You could have eaten a whole sleeve of Oreos...just make the next bite a healthy one! Oh gosh, cbabie, that Italian food was divine! You would have loved it.

@theslightedgeforever I don't know that I've really learned the lesson lol. You sound like you are doing great, keep going! Safe travels, I am sure you are going to be happy to sleep in your own bed finally lol.

Hi all. We did a lot of shopping yesterday, I bought a few items of clothing at Macy's, and we went to breakfast. I took my friend on a tour of my work, met the potential new manager of our library, and then we went to dinner in Little Italy. We didn't know that it was trick-or-treating night for the kiddos. Boy, was that a mess. The sidewalks in Little Italy are normally crowded with tourists but last night, they were crowded with tourists + a lot of little kids. It was really hard to park (it took us 15 minutes to find a LOT that had space, then we paid $35 to park!) and it was hard to maneuver the sidewalks. So annoying lol. But the food was delicious. I didn't track at all yesterday, doubt I will today either. Today, we are going shopping at little boutiques during the day and at night, my SIL is coming over and we are having appetizers and then going out for Halloween.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

• Tamevv
    Options
    Good morning. I grazed yesterday. No real reason for it, I just did. Felt “free” (which is something that came up for me in a podcast this week and I’m still processing). Got into the choc-drops last night too. And didn’t go straight to exercise when I got up. Am dressed in workout gear and planning a proper step class later, just feeling like mixing it up I guess. Dunno. Also suspect there might be an ice cream on the cards later today….

• trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. I had a great time last night. I got home at about midnight and woke up at 6 am. I had such a headache and my knee is KILLING me. I will probably wear the brace on it today. Here are a few pictures from last night, including the charcuterie board I made, my husband and I and just me.

Water yesterday: 30 oz

vtdg8khlm02z.jpg
    elapg000gk0v.jpg
    yklg8y349u8z.jpg