NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Did all my ticks yesterday, tracked all my snacks and was over on calories but it’s okay because I had cake with my kids and enjoyed it very much 😁. I have always had a sweet tooth but I’m noticing I really enjoy icing on cakes in a way I didn’t used to. Maybe I’m just savouring and noticing it more.

@trooworld that salad sounds AWESOME. My other half is camping with @theslightesgeforever ‘s - he will eat salad as a side if I don’t prepare anything else, but sometimes it’s begrudgingly (well, it is probably alggways begrudgingly but he knows it’s good for him 😁). I make sure he gets his preferences plenty often enough. Cant wait for the day someone makes meals specifically because they know I’ll enjoy them 🫤
  • senoritafloridita
    senoritafloridita Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever That's good that your food was in bounds today.

@Tamevv Sorry to hear about your hard day. I hope you're feeling better now. Good job on coming in under your calorie goal that day.

@trooworld Yeah it's nice to be able to focus on each day, the small things, NSVs, etc. The fact that I have gotten committed to tracking food gives me a lot of encouragement. Great job on the intuitive eating and the McGriddle Chaffles sound delicious.

I went off plan last night :/ DH and I had late night cravings for McDonald's. Oh well, we enjoyed it. Back on track today. We're getting together with his friends tonight...will just have to make the best eating choices I can. Waiting for the next shipment of NS.
  • Tamevv
    Options
    Hi @senoritafloridita , thanks, today is just a couple of appointments but mostly quiet so I’m hoping for a calm one 😊. How often do your shipments come? Hope you have a great dinner out and get to eat some delicious things 😁
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,932 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever It was! Does your hubby feel that way even if you put protein on the salad? That's great that your food was in bounds and you did cardio.

@Tamevv Yay! Good job. I love cake. Yeah, that salad is awesome. I guess I'm lucky that my hubby can consider a salad a main dish lol.

@senoritafloridita Yeah tracking really makes a difference. The McGriddle Chaffles may be my favorite breakfast now! :) Today is a new day, and you've got this! <3 I hope you had a good time with your husband's friends.

Hi all. Before I forget, here is the salad recipe in case you want to try it. I add boneless skinless chicken breast to it:
    3 tablespoons maple syrup
    10 ounces mixed baby salad greens (or more)
    1⁄2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
    1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
    1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    2 ounces goat cheese

Place beets into a saucepan, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until tender. Drain and cool, then cut in to cubes.

While the beets are cooking, place the walnuts in a skillet over medium-low heat. Heat until warm and starting to toast, then stir in the maple syrup. Cook and stir until evenly coated, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.

In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice concentrate, balsamic vinegar and olive oil to make the dressing.

Place a large helping of baby greens onto each of four salad plates, divide candied walnuts equally and sprinkle over the greens. Place equal amounts of beets over the greens, and top with dabs of goat cheese. Drizzle each plate with some of the dressing.

I have a sty developing in my eye. It is itchy and hurts. I got some medicine from the pharmacy the last time I had a sty (about 3 months ago) and I am using that but it isn't helping that much. I may have to go to the doctor about it. I'm working from home today, thankfully. I tried to pick more low-carb/reasonable calories recipes to make this week for the most part. Low-carb is supposed to be better for pre-diabetics. I am making a Green Goddess Salad with Chickpeas tonight (https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/258450/green-goddess-salad-with-chickpeas/).

Water yesterday: 60 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    @tamevv Yaay on your ticks and tracks. I'm still waiting on that meal thing. My youngest cooks and I was with him this summer and he kept saying, OK I will OK I will and.... still waiting. I said if you don't actually plan a day it will never happen. It's interesting my hubby can make his own coffee and breakfast when he's at my dd's house but when he's home.......LOL I guess I trained him that way.

@senoritafloridita Tracking always helps. I had read once when eating at McDs to order just a side salad and a double cheeseburger on the side. No fries. (yes I know best thing) Then take off the bun and cut up the patties and add them to the salad. So you get the taste of the cheeseburger but a bit healthier. Full disclosure: I did not do this last week. Dh just brought me home the "usual" which is Quarter Lb with Cheese meal. Food pusher.

@trooworld Thanks for the salad recipe. Yes even if protein, it's not a meal. He's more of a protein and two sides kind of guy. I get the Eating Well magazine via Kindle. I'll take a look at that salad recipe. the link didn't work. How is your eye?

So I went to the dr this morning. No protein problems. That's good. I knew my sugar was higher than last year. But it's still not at diabetes level, but I'm back in pre-diabetes level. I bing bong back and forth between non and pre stages every other year it seems. So he wants me to go see the Diabetic Clinic anyway to get my A1c done as he only ordered a fasting test. So I guess I'm going back to carb cycling mode again. I need to dig out my spreadsheets and make some plans.
    He blamed the high cholesterol numbers on me gaining weight. A whole 4.4 lbs since this time last year when the test was taken. I said I'm not taking meds for it since I never have a problem with it. I said let's revisit in 3-6 months. You doctors just like to push the pills. Same thing I'll be telling the diabetes doc. I think I was channeling my father this morning at the doctor.

Food was in bounds yesterday. Water goal met. 301 calories burned.

I've already burned 243 cals this morning via cardio dance and strength training so I'll just do another 5 min cardio and my stretching and exercise goal will be met.

Did MFP take out the importing recipe function?
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever That's too bad that your hubby is like that. My eye is a little worse, the bump is getting bigger. Sorry the link didn't work. I think it's because I put it in parentheses. Here it is again: https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/258450/green-goddess-salad-with-chickpeas/ And below is a pic of the final product. It came out okay, it was a bit bland. I think next time, I would add some spices to the dressing. I'm glad the protein problems don't exist but that's too bad about the sugar levels. Good for you for standing up against the pills and doctor. Great job yesterday and already today! I don't know about the import recipe feature not working, I don't use MFP to track anymore. Maybe they made that a premium feature?

@cbabie How are you? Where are you? I hope you are well.

Hi all. I'm doing okay. I'm glad it's Friday. The handyman came yesterday to finish painting but he said he had an emergency so couldn't do it and would come back on Saturday morning. That works better for us anyway. The salad from last night was just okay, it was a bit bland. I would add some taco seasoning or some seasoning to the dressing next time. But it looked pretty!

Water yesterday: 50 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!

jzc08yx75zsu.jpg
  • trooworld
    Options
    I lost 1.2 lbs this week. Yay!

• theslightedgeforever
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @trooworld Sorry about your eye. The salad looks good. I originally got premium because I could see which of my foods for the day was highest in carbs and then downward. (when I was doing carb recycling) I just never got rid of it. I used to use the importer all the time but couldn't find it the other day. I'll check again. Yaaay on your weight loss this week.

I went over on calories yesterday. Did my 300+ calories for exercise. Water goal-not met. Today will be a rest day for me as my Fitbit is showing me as 1 for a readiness score. I've looked up my spreadsheets for my carb cycling and will begin that on Monday. Need to get some groceries for it.
  • senoritafloridita
    Options
    @Tamevv The NS shipments have been coming monthly but I delayed the next one until February. Will still keep tracking in the meantime.

@trooworld that salad looked good, too bad it was bland. Handymen can be unreliable..we've had a few bad ones out here. Great job on the weight loss!

@theslightedgeforever That's a great idea about the burger and salad at McDs! Sorry to hear about the pre-diabetes but hopefully the carb cycling will help.

Despite my best laid plans I went off the rails a bit on Tuesday with the friends gathering. I had eaten a salad beforehand but then we were out in the cold for a while, which made me hungry, and then we all went to a bar, where just about everybody was ordering food. I ended up getting wings. In the past I could withstand the "special occasion" and "everybody else is getting food so I'm gonna too" temptations. Need to get back to that. At least I got back on track the next day. And we normally have our treat meal on Fridays but DH and I are skipping it - we just don't really crave it because of the earlier treats.
  • Tamevv
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry for the late check in today, been a lazy one and I haven’t had enough water and didn’t do my step class. I’ll make my minimum exercise goals to continue my streak but that’s about all. The last three days have seen medical issues for me and my daughter and to be honest both are playing with my head for different reasons and it’s stressing me out. I had a small loss which I’m happy about and plodding along but I’m not sure how or when this stuff will be resolved. I’m doing okay though, just took a lazy one today - am proud of myself for still getting up and doing my morning exercise though - took will power today and I’m proud of myself for doing it 😊👍
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks. I will say this for that salad: it was healthy lol. Maybe it's a good thing you didn't get rid of premium since you are going back to carb cycling. Great job with the exercise!

@senoritafloridita Yeah it looked pretty and tasty but not so much lol. Hopefully this guy is okay, he's the HOA's and seems pretty good besides flaking out on us on Thursday. Thank you! You know, don't beat yourself up about going off the rails: it's really hard to stay on plan when you are around friends AND you were hungry. And great job, getting back on track!

@Tamevv I'm sorry about the stress from the medical issues, I hope they get resolved soon. A lazy day once in a while is okay. :) Great job with the exercise!

Hi all. I've got a lot of running around to do today. I have to go to two Macy's to pick up different orders, I have to pick up groceries and I have to get an oil change at the dealership which takes 2 hours for some unknown reason. Plus, tonight, my hubs and I are going to look at Christmas lights. I've got the beginnings of a headache, I hope it's not a migraine. Have a good day, everyone!

• theslightedgeforever
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @senoritafloridita It amazes me how sometimes I can just say no to food or eat one little thing and then other times in same situation I don't and revert to my old self. I don't know if it's really hormonal or things I'm subconsciously telling myself. I just know I don't like it when I disappoint myself

@Tamevv Give yourself credit for doing the minimum exercise at least. You could have chosen the couch and Netflix. Hooray on your loss.

@trooworld How's your head? What good choices did you make today? I hope you had a good book to read while the oil was being changed. I used to love those days because it was automatic ME time. I sent out the hounds for @cbabie

Food was in bounds yesterday. Rest Day for exercise. Water goal not met. I have a hard time when I'm busy cause I just don't think about it. Even if I take the water bottle with me. I think part of it is my bladder is not what it used to be and I don't want to use the bathroom in places. So need to work on that thinking. I had a late night last night and didn't get up and exercise like I usually do in the mornings. @senoritafloridita has inspired me to at least do the minimum today. I decided to go ahead and start today with carb cycling despite I have a friends gathering instead of waiting til Monday. My body doesn't know what day it is. It just knows that it's prediabetic and needs to change. Good choices must be made whether or not I'm at home. Whether or not it's the "holidays".

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Wow no one has check in. I think that's a first for me. Usually lots of times @trooworld is here by herself. LOL

Yesterday was first day of carb cycling and I forgot I was carb cycling til almost the end of the day. So it ended up being 270/238 carbs. 10 min stretching. Minimal water

I went to the diabetic clinic this morning. I like the dr. She doesn't like just giving out meds. I did an A1c and will know that tomorrow or the next day. She said she was surprised at how I was first diagnosed as prediabetic in 2011but never actually got the disease. Because I fight like hell not to become my parents or my mil. She sent me to the dietician. She said tell me everything you know about diabetes. I told her and she laughed and said why are you here then. I said it's not the knowledge but the execution. So I told her I just switched my plan and next time I come in I will tell her how much better my numbers are.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever It's better, thanks. Yesterday, I made a good choice when we went for drinks and appetizers: we got a meat plate that was supposed to be a charcuterie plate but it had no cheese so I didn't really eat much of it. I concentrated on the house salad we got. I didn't end up getting the oil changed, I rescheduled for next Saturday but I'll definitely bring my book. Thanks for sending out the hounds!!! I'm the same way with water when I am busy. Yay for food being in bounds! Great decision to start carb cycling now. LOL I was busy getting a Christmas tree so I forgot to check in first thing in the morning. :) Plus, I slept in. The execution is usually the problem, I think. I hope you get good numbers.

Hi all. It's Daisy's Gotcha Day, which means it's been a year since we got her. We are celebrating with a pupcake for her and mimosas for us. Plus, my husband is making some kind of low carb breakfast casserole. We finally got a tree this morning. I need to decorate it. It's raining here today so I will make turkey chili, my favorite rainy day food.

• Tamevv
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Checking in as ordered😁😂. Yesterday was both busy but lazy - I had kid schedules so lots of sitting doing nothing in between manic periods or last minute organisation. Breaks weren’t long enough to do anything substantial but managed to close all my rings with intermittent exercise. Also did my strength but way low on water which is probably bad becomes I have blood tests this morning so am fasting and dehydrated already. Am going to have to sip some this morning cause my veins are hard enough to find on a good day 🙄

Didn’t track yesterday and didn’t eat way too much, but what I did eat was not in the approved list. Should be back in routine today so aiming to track and water. Exercise and strength already done.

All for now, responses later 😊
  • senoritafloridita
    Options
    @Tamevv Sorry to hear about you and your daughter's medical issues. Good job on doing your morning exercise.

@trooworld Thanks for the encouragement - I can def be my own worst critic. Hope the handyman is working out and that you enjoyed the Christmas lights. And happy Daisy's Gotcha Day!

@theslightedgeforever Yeah being disappointed about weight loss can be the worst. That mindset contributed to undoing all my progress multiple times. I'm glad I helped inspire you and that the carb cycling is off to a good start :)

Today DS and I did a 4 mile brisk walk - very happy about that. I used to just only run or walk by myself but it's so great to go with him, see him making progress, have long talks with him, etc. We had a nice trip to an Xmas concert last night - very festive. I told DS on our walk today, when he asked, that the main present I want is weight loss but that can only come from me. But I feel like I'm on the way.
  • Tamevv
    Options
    NOT a good day. Started off okay - not sure what happened 🫤

Try again tomorrow I guess.

• trooworld
    Options
    @Tamevv Great job closing your rings and strength training! I hope you can get hydrated in time for your blood work. I'm sorry about your day. Yes, today is a new day.

@senoritafloridita Yeah I think I am definitely my own worst critic, too. Handyman worked out great, thanks. I really enjoyed the Christmas lights, lots of fun! Daisy says thanks! :D Great job with the walk, woo hoo! How nice to have a partner in fitness! I hope you had fun at the concert.

Hi all. I had a busy but fun weekend. We put up a tree yesterday and had the hardest time getting it not to fall over. We finally ended up tacking it to the wall with dental floss lol yes you heard that right. Daisy enjoyed her pupcake (see her pic below) and I finished making gifts for my coworkers: I made them these Santas with Andes mints in the belly (see pic). I always make something small for them and this year, I think they will really like it. It was a rainy day yesterday so I made turkey chili and cornbread for supper. It was really good.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

dbw4yu48h9c6.jpg
    160qimz0vxcw.jpg

• trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. I am talking to myself lol. That hasn't happened in a while. :D I had just an okay day yesterday, I did get into some baklava that someone brought back from Dubai at work. I had 2 pieces + some halvala as well. I didn't drink enough water. I did eat a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner so I guess that's good.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @trooworld Yaaay on making healthy choices yesterday. I thought I checked in last night. I know I saw your doggy and your Santa. So cute. Maybe I started to but then got interrupted by someone and never came back. So weird. I love baklava fingers with pistachios instead instead of walnuts. Cookies and creme baklava is good too. I'm having lentil soup and cornbread for supper tonight. Chili sounds good.

@tamevv Yaay on closing your rings. I have small veins too. Plus I'm usually dehydrated. One day I will conquer that habit. So back to your regularly scheduled program. Don't let two become three. You can do it.

@senoritafloridita You have a great attitude. I'm so glad you can share this journey with your son. It's such a hard one and you being a role model I'm sure helps him. Yaaay on your walk

I lost my earphones so I had to go buy new ones. I exercised yesterday without them and it was so hard. Food pusher brought home cheeseburger and fries for lunch yesterday. I made it work though. Took the bun off and put the meat on top of some leftover salad I had in the fridge. Then entered in all my food. Found out I still had carbs to spare. So I got to eat the bun too separately. It had all the yummy sauce on it. The sandwich was cut in half so I ended up with 4 pieces of “bun”. So it seemed there was more food than really was. Took me longer to eat. I didn’t see or eat the fries
    So I stayed within my boundaries and I’m glad only 2 red days this first week. That means 100g of carbs or less.

I don't know last time I updated you on my weight. I've lost 2.2 since Nov 30.