NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    @cbabie No wonder your back hurts if you've been carrying around a 200 lb baby. :D I love carbs too which is why I'm doing the cycling part and not just a low carb diet. I get the best of both worlds; enjoying my carbs and getting out of pre-diabetes range. You were talking about muscle tone. Yesterday on Instagram I saw a post where the gal was so proud of her legs and I thought they were too big and out of proportion with the rest of her body. But they were muscular. So really, I guess we all have our own opinion on what we want our bodies to look like. Even when I was thin, I never had thin legs like I wanted. Now I just want a body that doesn't droop or jiggle.

@trooworld Yaaay on your salad and dessert. I went out with family yesterday and took a page out of your book and ordered a salad. I'm learning to make better choices out at restaurants. I need to remember to put in my drops and cream. Still struggling with that. Timing is everything so I don't end up with blurry eyes and then can't read. Now you have me thinking about lasagna. I saw a recipe with zucchini slices. I might do that. It won't be the same but......
    I'm glad your eye is getting better.

@Tamevv Yaaay on getting back into the 73s. What one thing can you do for just a moment to "be". Tell yourself for right now I'm going to just........ it can be just 5 minutes. Or 3 minutes. Make others wait on you for a moment. I hope you aren't coming down with something. So many people I know are becoming sick. Soon the holidays will be over and things will hopefully quiet down.

Food and exercise was good last couple of days. Tomorrow I'm having dessert. Just throwing it out there. It's in the plan.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    gub1509yzmb7.jpeg
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I am fighting a battle and I am tired of being in war..LOL. It's Christmas and I feel like my dad being all humbug...Someone said to me that I am just not a happy person. So I guess I will be working on that along with my body. Going to try exercises today..My problem is I want so much out of my life before I die and it seems I can't focus on just one thing....even though I know that's what to do.

@trooworld I am always amazed at the "from scratch" things you guys make...I think if I just had my kitchen how I wanted and no "kids" to have tugging on my "time". I would cook from scratch a lot more. I LOVE making things from scratch.. It kind of makes you in control of what you are eating, kind of like why I wanted a garden and KNOW I will never do one. LOL. When you can I would love to see a picture of your new toy and what you are doing with it.

@Tamevv I think you and I are emotionally in the same timeline. LOL. I think it's great you look inward and also outward to see what is effecting you. Sometimes I just get tunnel vision..

@theslightedgeforever I know you like doing the carb cycling, I am just not that disciplined this time around. Yea I am with you...I like lean long legs...I have short stocky legs..LOL. but look at our parents. :)

If I don't get to tell everyone before Sunday Please have a great Christmas and enjoy your family, but at least enjoy the ones you live with. I miss the ones I don't have anymore and you can't change once they are gone. LOL me and the baby and baby girl have been watching Christopher the Christmas tree...we watch it at LEAST 4-5 times a day....keeps the baby quiet...he likes it :).

Cbabie
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi all, checking in from the bush. All quiet and peaceful here. I’ve got a good head cold and physically tired, but it’s amazing the difference to inside my head just being away. Looking forward to a nice day with kids and DH and dog and nature for Christmas tomorrow. Hope you all have a lovely day doing whatever you do.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever That's great you ordered salad. I'm supposed to put a warm compress on both of my eyes for 5 minutes once a day for my dry eyes but I never bother. I should because I wake up with really dry eyes and it bothers me. Zucchini lasagna is yummy. I've made it before. Enjoy your dessert and family time! Happy holidays/Merry Christmas to you as well!

@cbabie I'm tired of being in the weight loss war. I want the troops to come home lol. That's not a nice thing for someone to say to you. Thank you, that's really nice of you to say. I love making things from scratch, too. Sure, I'll take a pic here it is. This is the first notebook I made. It's very "me". If you know anything about my style, you know I like glitter lol. So this is very me. ;) I won't point out the mistakes although I see them. I am going to try to make my MIL a notebook today with a lot of flowers on it, that's very "her". I am going to make some pockets for inside the cover. We'll see how it turns out. Merry Christmas, cbabie! I'm grateful for you and the rest of the gals.

@Tamevv I'm glad you are enjoying yourself. I love to get out in nature. Merry Christmas!

Hi all. Our fancy meal last night was really good. I *thought* we were going to my BIL today but when my husband finally decided to text his sister last night, he found out it isn't until Sunday. I hate when they make plans last minute and it happens all the time lol. But that just means I have one more day to try to make another present for my MIL. We already got her an air fryer but I want to make her a notebook. Here is a pic of the first notebook I made, for me, and my Cinch book binding machine requested by cbabie. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all!

Water yesterday: 30 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!

u6dpkwanun7g.jpg

im49wcbmywqm.png

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, It's cold here in AZ, not like my Grandson in Alaska with negative readings. LOL. I tracked yesterday was over my goals, but tracked. I am really trying to focus on my health this year. 2023 has to be a better year. I saw the hospital too many times this year. Trying to change my mindset of all or nothing and remember baby steps = "one giant step for mankind". LOL

@tamevv Sounds like you are going to have a very relaxing Christmas, we all need the refreshing of our minds and bodies...I hope you enjoy every minute of the peacefulness.

@trooworld OMG, I just love your first "notebook" and I do believe that is so YOU... My mom loved anything with glitter and gold..she never understood my navy suit personality..LOL. Thank you so much for posting that picture of both. I will have to look into this..LOL. Yea I don't go with change in plans much either, but I have a granddaughter who just...well you just never know the real plans..LOL. This year I thought we were doing Christmas on Sat too, but my DH says I thought Sunday...seems I was the only one thinking it was Sat...so like you I have one more day to get some things done. LOL
    Yes I am very grateful for this group as well. we are small but mighty..Right? :)

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

3p1r7y4ju17x.jpeg

• trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie No, I suppose Alaska cold is a little bit worse than AZ & CA cold but we are still cold lol! That's good you tracked. I haven't tracked in a long while now. Baby steps work! You've got this! Thank you re: my notebook, I will post what I made for my MIL who is quite different from me (although we get along okay just the same lol). You should, you could make all sorts of photo albums and journals and planners! Yes, we are small but mighty! <3

Hi all. Merry Christmas again on the official day lol. I am up before the crack of dawn like usual, catching up with you all before I have to finish making our dessert for today: Mississippi Mud Pie. I started making it yesterday but it takes 5 hours to make between all the steps so I put it away after the 3rd step. 4 more steps to go! Since we didn't go to my BIL's apartment yesterday, I had time to make a notebook for my MIL, pictured. I like how it turned out even though it's definitely not my style. I made the cover and the pockets. I didn't design the images but picked them out and also picked out the stationary for inside.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!

9wsodl6xn306.jpg
    m413corfw2pr.jpg
    l57k59ogpafn.jpg
    yz841caygcoq.jpg

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @theslightedgeforever That's great you ordered salad. I'm supposed to put a warm compress on both of my eyes for 5 minutes once a day for my dry eyes but I never bother. I should because I wake up with really dry eyes and it bothers me. Zucchini lasagna is yummy. I've made it before. Enjoy your dessert and family time! Happy holidays/Merry Christmas to you as well!

@cbabie I'm tired of being in the weight loss war. I want the troops to come home lol. That's not a nice thing for someone to say to you. Thank you, that's really nice of you to say. I love making things from scratch, too. Sure, I'll take a pic here it is. This is the first notebook I made. It's very "me". If you know anything about my style, you know I like glitter lol. So this is very me. ;) I won't point out the mistakes although I see them. I am going to try to make my MIL a notebook today with a lot of flowers on it, that's very "her". I am going to make some pockets for inside the cover. We'll see how it turns out. Merry Christmas, cbabie! I'm grateful for you and the rest of the gals.

@Tamevv I'm glad you are enjoying yourself. I love to get out in nature. Merry Christmas!

Hi all. Our fancy meal last night was really good. I *thought* we were going to my BIL today but when my husband finally decided to text his sister last night, he found out it isn't until Sunday. I hate when they make plans last minute and it happens all the time lol. But that just means I have one more day to try to make another present for my MIL. We already got her an air fryer but I want to make her a notebook. Here is a pic of the first notebook I made, for me, and my Cinch book binding machine requested by cbabie. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all!

u6dpkwanun7g.jpg

im49wcbmywqm.png

Love it!!!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Thank you! I hope you had a great Christmas!

Hello all. I had a wonderful Christmas and was very spoiled. I got a lot of gift cards and cash and I expect I'll be buying more craft supplies lol. My family was very happy with what they got as well. The food was great, fun times. Now, today, I have to get that oil change that I've put off 4 times now.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

• Tamevv
    Options
    Morning all. Back home and still sick ☹️.

Okay, just wrote and deleted a long rant full of self pity and wallowing. We will have none of that thank you! So I’m getting up, making a coffee and moving on 😊.

Have a great day!!

• cbabie
    Options
    Hi All, sorry this is late at night, this is the first I have sat down.. I have had a full couple of days and I didn't track and am just plain tired. LOL. We had a good time at my oldest daughters, food was good, games were fun. There was a few moments of sadness, missing my grandson in Alaska, but you know God is good. All in all, I am glad to had my family together this year..it's the first in about 10 years...

@trooworld that is just plain beautiful. So happy you got $$ and you can get your "supplies". LOL.
    Yes baby steps

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Tamevv Oh bummer! I hope you feel better soon. Hugs.

@cbabie Sounds like you've been busy. I'm glad you had fun. Thank you! Yes, I am excited for all the things I can get lol.

Hi all. Well, if you remember, in Sept I had to get a new tire and then a month later, I had to get another new tire. Yesterday when getting my oil change, they said one of the other tires was completely bald and the other one needed changing as well. $552 later, I have 4 new tires (2 of them were bought yesterday). I wasn't expecting that expense and was quite upset but it is what it is. My husband made ground turkey tacos for dinner last night, after he stuffed the meat and cheese into the tortillas, he put them in the air fryer and man, they were crispy and delicious!

Water yesterday: 35 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I went off the rail last night. Something happened that totally sent me over the edge and I got up out of bed and ate a piece of PUMPKIN PIE with LOTS of WHIPPED CREAM. I know I have to stop the emotional eating and I am trying to retrain my brain to make me understand the the person who upset me is causing me to hurt myself with this kind of thinking. So I am trying to say NO, this doesn't help with that situation, it only helps that person get what they want and I lose in the end. You know it's the kind of thinking that says If I don't do this out of spite/hurt/anger, what ever emotion you want to call it... we are actually the ones that get the short end of the stick...So I am trying to BE SELFISH and think of ME and the people I love...There is so much in this world that can cause you to derail and I congratulate each one of us when we CHOOSE not to engage in those thoughts that derail us from being healthy. Sorry for the long post, but maybe as we go into the new year some of you also struggle with what I do, so I post. LOL

@trooworld So sorry to hear you had to get tires this time of year. I mean it's no fun any time, but when you spend on things/people you don't normally do in your budget an unexpected expense is not fun. I really am so excited for you and your new machine...You make that creative side of me to want to come out. LOL. Last night my baby girl was trying to "create" something and I just said..You are like my mom, way ahead of what others think and see and when it doesn't work exactly right, you get frustrated...BUT you never give up on what you are trying to create and then eventually it works." So thank you @trooworld for sharing your great ideas. Your dinner sounds yummy!

Oh I am looking out my window and see an Air ballon in the sky and makes me think of my mom...Now who in their right mind would go in an air ballon this time of year. LOL

Cbabie
  • Tamevv
    Options
    Hi everyone,

@cbabie I hear you on the night eating, I ate a whole seperate serve of date cake while I was making dessert for DH last night, plus I had the serving we shared later. Not to mention the tastings and what-not from the days cooking adventures 🙄. I didnt even have a decent trigger - just old habits. Will need to try to be a bit more conscious for the rest of the week - we do a big NYE so it’s all on in the kitchen this week - I love sharing this time with the kids and making old favourites so I want to enjoy, but also have to be reasonable. Anyway sorry that became all about me. The point was you are not alone in these struggles - we can get through this together 😊 I like that you highlighted CHOICE - it is definitely a game of control - who has it and who we LET have it.

On a positive note, I very nearly decided to ignore my rings and just not bother yesterday. I was feeling bad and couldn’t breathe well and lazy and tired. Even told DH I didn’t care anymore, and I don’t know what changed but at some point I just put my shoes on and did it. I had to do two sessions and go really slow so I didn’t get short of breath, but I got there. It absolutely will not cancel out the amount of sugar I consumed, but makes me feel like I’m still clinging to at least some of the good habits I formed this year and hopefully will make coming back to the rest a little easier once things settle.

@trooworld Yep, unexpected expenses are always annoying. Your dinner sounds great - think I might do something similar tonight for the others (I am planning a nice beetroot and feta salad for myself 😊).
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie It's so easy to do that when we are stressed/upset. It's primal in a way. Yeah, it was a real bummer about the tires. You should do some creative/crafty stuffs, it is a great stress reliever! Dinner WAS yummy! I would not get in an air balloon any time of year, I'm a wimp lol.

@Tamevv I'm sorry you are feeling like this. I hope you feel better soon. I love beet and feta salads!

Hi all. Off to work in a minute. Have a good day!

Water yesterday: 40 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I did okay yesterday, tracked was over a little in my calories and NO exercise.. Took the Christmas stuff down, still have a lot of organizing to do with what the little one got for Christmas from everyone. TODAY, I have already done my back/arm exercises that my Chiro gave me..eating a bowl of shredded wheat minis' while I am typing this. LOL. Already fed the baby, and he slept for a bit, now up moaning...so this will be quick.

@Tamevv I am so glad you got up and did it. Moving slow sometimes is good, because just moving is always a good thing. Yea old habits creep back in no matter what..we just get stronger each time to be more firm in our stand. Enjoy your NYE celebration...it's only once a year.. LOL

@trooworld I hope you have a good day at work and so glad the food was yummy.

What can we do this next coming year to help us succeed in our quest for health as a group!

Cbabie
  • senoritafloridita
    senoritafloridita Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, got really sidetracked with the holidays but trying to catch up here...I skimmed through and I loved the pictures of pretty notebooks. As a writer, I've had many of them. Sounds like people had some delicious food and got great presents. Today I had another nice NSV - embarassingly I had gotten too big for a Bathrobe of all things, and it's actually back to almost tying around me normally. Really happy about it as I love that bathrobe.
  • Tamevv
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am officially putting an end to my ring streak today. I have very literally been in the kitchen doing one thing after another back to back since 10o’clock his morning, but just looked at my watch and it says 1 minute of exercise 😒. But I am exhausted. It has been a good day and I’ve enjoyed the activities with kids and pottering on my own, but there is no way I am getting on the elliptical now. So my streak stops at 136 days, but it’s okay, just gives me a good goal to aim for come February 😁.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Good job tracking! I would take the Christmas stuff down but my husband says it's bad luck to take it down before the new year, so it stays up until this weekend I guess lol. Sounds like you have had a good start to your day! Thank you it was an okay day at work. That's a good question you pose. I'm not sure, let me think about it a bit.

@senoritafloridita I hope you had a great holiday! It's nice to "see" you. Oh what a great NSV! Congrats!

@Tamevv I'm so sorry about your ring streak. I know how much that meant to you. It sounds like you are at peace with it though, so that's good. And now you have a new goal! :)

Hi all. I did really well with water yesterday. Now to repeat it today! I have a DMV appt today to get a RealID (that's a new type of driver's license, for those out of the US). I don't look forward to getting my picture taken and then hating the picture for the next 6 years or however long it is valid. I'm off work at noon for the rest of the year, I go back on Tuesday. I'm glad about the break. We got Thai food for dinner last night, I ate a reasonable portion and didn't get seconds. So that's a win.

Water yesterday: 75 oz