NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I didn't track yesterday, but I know what I ate and am going to go back and put it on paper. I start out great and then fizzle at the end of the day. I also forgot to take a pill I have to take 2 x a day. I woke up at 3:30 freaking out because I remembered that I got busy when MY WATCH went off and didn't take it..So I took it and now my schedule is all off. UGH. Here is what I learned from this.. I created a habit of taking these 2 pills at 8am and 8pm, I set my alarm on my watch to remind me, I add to that habit to wash my face, etc....so It a habit stacker type thing. Well the baby started his routine a while back of eating at 8 am and 8pm. (more in between). LOL That just meant I had to remember to take my pill after feeding him. I usually have had no issues..but the day yesterday was so chaotic. When I realized I forgot...I freaked and felt strange, emotionally. LESSON: When I build a habit it remains a part of me, emotionally...when it is broken something is triggered inside of me. So if I can do this habit and feel off if I don't do it..I can do that with other things I need to do in my life..

@trooworld Glad you are off after today..enjoy the time and do your crafting..IT relaxes us. LOL. Yea on not going over on the Thai food. You had lots of wins yesterday. GREAT JOB

@tamevv. I am sorry you lost your streak, but yes I agree a new goal..it was probably time to change it up and you can look at that as a plus..I think you have had several wins...one was enjoying what you did yesterday...sometimes we get so focused we forget to enjoy!!!

@senoritafloridita I love that win...what a great win....don't you love that you can SEE the win? Thanks for posting it will give me something to shoot for.

cbabie
  • senoritafloridita
    senoritafloridita Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Good luck with your RealID appointment! I need to get that done too but have been putting it off. Great job on having a reasonable portion of Tai food! And thanks on the NSV. Feels great making progress.

@cbabie That's good about learning the habit lesson. And yeah I love seeing the win. Also I've had dreams lately about being at my thinner self. Must mean I really want it enough this time.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Here checking in. Food has been good for all but two days. I went over on Christmas Eve and then on Tuesday. I've been exercising but the time has been reduced. This has been the busiest week ever for me. I attended a webinar last night about setting goals for 2023. So I'm starting to work on that for this next year and then review my 2022 and see what went wrong. I was looking over the past 3 years of data and wondering how to change my results. Because I have the intention. I'm gaining the habits. But still not getting the results I really want. We really think we have all the time in the world. We'll do better tomorrow. If we don't do it this week, we'll do it next week. January will be better than December. 2023 will be better than 2022 and so on and so on.

The first question asked in the webinar was What were your wins in 2022? Write those in the chat. I had to sit there and really think about it. Have I had any wins? One thing it taught me was I need a better way of documenting wins this next year. I have lost 3.3 lbs this month but then I've gained 5.8 lbs since the beginning of the year. Is that a win? This is all while trying to lose weight.

So I have a party to go to tomorrow night and then hopefully I can rest this next week.

How to do a personal end of year review

https://www.becomingwhoyouare.net/how-to-do-a-personal-end-of-year-review/
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @cbabie At least you are making an effort. That's good you stacked the habit of taking your pills, that should help. Thanks, I'm going to do some crafting tonight.

@senoritafloridita Thanks! Ugh, it didn't happen (more on that later). I have an NSV journal that I keep a list of my NSVs in, it's good to look back in when I am feeling like I'm not making progress.

@theslightedgeforever I love that you are always working on YOU. Thank you for the linked article, I'll check it out. I hope you have fun at the party.

Hi all. Well, I gained weight this week (1.4 lbs) but I lost for the month of December (down 2.4 lbs) so I guess that is a win. I didn't get my RealID yesterday: I went there, gave them my paperwork and they looked at it and gave me a number...sat around waiting for 30 minutes only to be told "your ID doesn't expire until Sept 2023. If you change to the RealID now, you will have to either pay and take a written driving test and your RealID will expire in 4 years instead of 5, or pay and you will not have to take the test but your RealID will expire in a year, or come back in Sept 2023 and you will not have to take the test and it will expire in 5 years (you still pay)." I decided to come back in Sept 2023. I don't understand why the first person couldn't have told me that before the 30-minute wait!!!

On another note, tonight, I have the house to myself: my husband has to stay with his sister who is having surgery. I will do some crafting and watch movies.

Water yesterday: 60 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!
  • MrsFoshay
    MrsFoshay Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I quit WW a couple months ago. I am back here trying to lose this weight for real. I need help and accountability.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I tracked yesterday and even took the two little ones on a walk in the stroller. My back shows it today, but you know I felt better walking than sitting. I was a little over in calories, a lot over in fat grams, but I count it as a win that I tracked.

@trooworld Wow, since I don't travel..LOL I won't be worry about getting my realid yet. I just had to renew my DL so who knows what will happen when I decide to get the realid for travel. So glad you got to enjoy some real quiet time and relax. prayers to you SIL and her surgery. I love the Idea for a NSV journal...I might have to add that to my list. LOL

@MrsFoshay Welcome aboard, I hope you have had a good Christmas and now we are all in the same boat trying to get healthy. I love being in this group as they encourage you, but they also will help focus you on what you are trying to get done health wise. We are small, but that's also what I like about this group.

@theslightedgeforever I am not sure I had any wins my weight is still the same as when I started 2022, but I guess I will say that the win is that I am more focused on getting my health and not a number. The number is good, but if that's all it is, it won't last.

Cbabie
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just checking in, things are good and today is my foodie day which I’m looking forward to. Haven’t been tracking but am really pleased to be maintaining. Gives me hope for longer term possibilities. Exercise has been just incidentals - no focussed sessions or classes for a while but will get back to that next week hopefully. Am enjoying the break and just doing family things. Hope everyone is doing well. 👋
  • trooworld
    Options
    @MrsFoshay Hello and welcome! I quit WW a while ago and now use the Healthi app to replace it, it used to be known as iTrackBites. I'm glad you came by!

@cbabie Oh sounds like you had a good day. Yeah it's not required yet but they keep putting out all these ads saying, "Get your RealID now before the crush of people getting it" and so look what happened when I tried to get it lol. DMV...just figures. :( You should totally do the NSV journal, it's really helpful!

@Tamevv So what are you doing on your foodie day? We are sort of having a foodie day, too, I'm making pulled pork sliders + potato salad and we'll probably make some sort of dessert.

Hi all. My SIL's surgery went well but it took longer than expected. Here's what I thought would happen: drop off MIL and SIL at the hospital at 8:15, get groceries, go home and relax with DH until noon and then drop him off at his brother's, pick up MIL and SIL from the hospital at about 1, come home and work out on the Tonal at about 3. What happened? MIL and SIL weren't ready until 6pm, after I picked them up I had to take my MIL to the store and wait on her, then I came home at 7 pm and fed the dog and threw some taco meat in a tortilla with some cheese and sour cream and ate that. I was a bit tired so I went to bed at 7:30. No crafting no movie watching lol.

Today should be fun, I am picking up my DH at 8am from his sister's apartment. We have to run some errands but we are staying in tonight. Playing video games and eating good food. I hope to work out on the Tonal sometime today.

Water yesterday: 40 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I can't believe this is the last day of 2022, and yet I am glad.. I can't say as this year has brought the things I want most in life. However, I am taking time to be grateful for the fact that I still have my home, all of my family is safe, food in our pantry, gas in our car, a baby girl that wakes up and says good morning mommy...how can you not smile at that and a baby boy whose first thing he does is grin so big at you when you go to pick him up. I am grateful that I can drive, I don't live in the snow..LOL I could go on. I tracked yesterday but it was a nasty food day..over in my calories by 500 and I didn't walk or move other than in my home.

@trooworld Sorry you didn't get to relax or craft, you night sounds fun and relaxing. We will be home, but not even sure if we will be staying up to watch the new year come in...the fireworks in my neighborhood, scare the dogs so much..

@Tamevv Glad you are enjoying your foodie day. you have maintained and that is a plus..your mindset is a good one. I expect 2023 will bring more insight and possibilities than last year and we all will be more healthier at the end of 2023 than we are at the end of this year. Family things are good!!

cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Any loss in December is definitely a win. Sorry about the RealID wait for nothing. I finally got mine. What word did you choose for this next year?

@MrsFoshay Welcome to the group! What are some goals you have made for this next 3 months?

@cbabie You did have a win this year if you didn't gain any weight. I didn't think I had any wins either until I really started thinking about it. It also helped that I had done an After Action Review for 2021. So I looked at what I accomplished in 2021 and then thought about 2022. Here are mine:
    • BP:  Avg was 126 for the year and now 113/77  for past 2 weeks.  Last year was 155 avg
    • 33% finished of the upstairs upgrade
    • Checked off some items on my bucket list. Went to visit London and Scotland plus Vegas, L.A., Phoenix and San Diego
    • Went to the gym regularly while visiting dd.
    • Becoming consistent again with exercise in the mornings. 
    • Ankle stiffness much improved. Knee range of motion/pain is much better with regular stretching.
    • Becoming more consistent on weekly reviews than past year
    • I've documented 12 cities in my vacation file

@Tamevv That's good that you are maintaining right now while you take a little pause. Next week you can hit the ground running and begin on the next part of your journey.

I was looking at last year's data. I do really well usually October-December and then start to fade in January-March. lol I think this is third year now. Because I'm really good at data tracking between my fitbit, MFP, and journaling I can see a couple of things that went wrong in January. I'm just going to take it month by month and learn the lessons and try to do better. First 2 weeks of January were good. I even had my sil come visit during that time which is lots of stress and food. But I persevered and still lost weight. She left and I spent the next 2 weeks de-stressing and hibernating. I still continued my exercise and food and was successful with them. But my overall movement was less where I basically just sat in a chair and read. I only hit my step goal 2 days per week for both of those weeks. Basically maintained both of those weeks too. I only journaled 2 days a week for both of those weeks. I was totally out of my routine. While it was a good month for weight loss because of the beginning, it set the stage for a bad month in February. Lesson learned for Jan 2023. Keep journaling. Keep hitting my step goal each day. Keep focused.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    epgncnxymr1a.jpeg

Hope everyone has a wonderful 2023!
  • trooworld
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @cbabie You have a lot of things to be grateful for and it's important to be grateful. Good for you for tracking even if it was a bad eating day. Yeah last night was fun! The fireworks go off in our neighborhood too, Daisy barks at them, it really upsets her. So, we shut the windows and the door and she calmed down.

@theslightedgeforever Thanks. That's good you got your RealID. That's funny that you asked about my word for this year, I actually just came up with it before I started writing these responses. It is the phrase, "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better." Those are all great wins for 2022. Congratulations! You are so good at analyzing your journey, I love that.

@gemwolf110 Same to you!

Hi all. Yesterday was nice, we ran some errands and then I made some food and we played a video game until 10:30pm. At that point, I was getting sleepy despite having 2 big tumblers of Deathwish coffee (supposedly the strongest coffee). We made it to 11:44pm before we threw in the towel lol. We went to bed and watched the ball drop in bed. I bought a nice bottle of champagne to drink. My plan was to open it at midnight and drink it but I didn't want to open it for one glass, I'm going to save it for Valentine's Day celebration. I have a new phrase for the year, see below.

Water yesterday: 15 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

nz719qur1ikm.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld It would be nice to actually do more than analyze my journey. HA But I have all my goals laid out and broken down. All I can do is set out to reach them. That's a great phrase this year. I love your glasses. I wish my hubby would do stuff like that. He celebrates by sleeping. LOL I celebrate by watching the ball drop and then singing New York New York.

Yesterday I went over on my carbs because I thought it would be a good idea to eat a snack bag of crackers while waiting for midnight. Exercise was good. 76 min of cardio/weights/stretching
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Well, that's the first step! Thanks, I think that phrase will serve me well this year. I made our glasses on my Cricut! :D I love the way you celebrate, I do the same but I don't sing (I have the WORST voice!). Great job with the exercise. Keep it up!

Hi all. I can't believe I have to go back to work tomorrow lol. It's been nice being off. My husband got me an Aerogarden (indoor garden) for Christmas. I started my first herb garden this morning. I started dill, curly parsley, Thai basil, Italian basil, thyme, and mint. I can't wait for them to grow! I don't have a green thumb, so this will be interesting to see if I can grow these things. My goals for today: track my food, get 30 minutes of intentional exercise, drink 50 oz of water.

Water yesterday: 30 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Well Year ended on a nice note but yesterday started feeling sick. Took covid rapid test today. It’s positive. Thought I just may make it through this pandemic unscathed. Nope!
  • senoritafloridita
    senoritafloridita Posts: 79 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @trooworld Ugh the DMV sucks. We had tried to get ours updated in May but they didn't take our verification paperwork all because our town name was MISSPELLED on our mail, and the fact it was from the government made no difference to them. Too bad they gave you the run-around too. Glad your SIL's surgery went well even though it was a challenging day.

@cbabie Good job on the tracking and workout, hope your back feels better. That's right, you have to count your blessings. And your baby sounds so sweet. I look fondly back on those days with my son.

@theslightedgeforever That's a really good action plan for the new year. I agree about journaling especially. I feel like that's half the battle in weight loss.

@gemwolf110 :( sorry to hear about the positive covid test, hope you feel better soon!

So Happy New Year, everyone. DH and I went out to an '80s-themed NYE party. It was really good - great buffet, open bar, live music, etc. I did well on avoiding another pig-out after some heavy holiday eating. I just had some pork taco meat with no shell or chips. They had taco/nacho and cheesesteak stations, as well as a variety of cake. However I went way overboard on drinking. I drink very rarely so I'm sure it was a shock to my system. Don't want another drink anytime soon, lol. Here is our Philly view shortly before midnight - was cloudy and misty all day here but it was clearing up...

FR2dHBD.mp4
  • trooworld
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Oh no! That sucks. I am so sorry. I hope it's a mild case and you get over it quickly.

@senoritafloridita DMV totally sucks! That is so silly what they did to you. Typical DMV. Your NYE sounds so fun! Great job with the food. It's easy to go overboard on drinking on a holiday. Darnit, your picture didn't show up for me.

Hi all. I did well on my goals for yesterday with the exception of water: I tracked my food and we cleaned the house literally all day so I am counting that as intentional exercise. When I say we cleaned the house, I was cleaning the blinds each blind at a time, we took about 6 or 8 bags of my clothes to the Goodwill and rearranged the closet (which is nice because it was like an overgrown clothes forest in there and I couldn't get to any of the clothes lol). I also pressure-cooked 6 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast and shredded it so that we have cooked chicken for recipes this week. I didn't do well with food last night: we were too tired to cook so we ordered Greek food. I got a gyro and a Greek side salad. At least I didn't get fries like usual and I only ate half of my gyro.

• gemwolf110
    edited January 2023
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @gemwolf110 Oh no! That sucks. I am so sorry. I hope it's a mild case and you get over it quickly.

@senoritafloridita DMV totally sucks! That is so silly what they did to you. Typical DMV. Your NYE sounds so fun! Great job with the food. It's easy to go overboard on drinking on a holiday. Darnit, your picture didn't show up for me.

Hi all. I did well on my goals for yesterday with the exception of water: I tracked my food and we cleaned the house literally all day so I am counting that as intentional exercise. When I say we cleaned the house, I was cleaning the blinds each blind at a time, we took about 6 or 8 bags of my clothes to the Goodwill and rearranged the closet (which is nice because it was like an overgrown clothes forest in there and I couldn't get to any of the clothes lol). I also pressure-cooked 6 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast and shredded it so that we have cooked chicken for recipes this week. I didn't do well with food last night: we were too tired to cook so we ordered Greek food. I got a gyro and a Greek side salad. At least I didn't get fries like usual and I only ate half of my gyro.

I’m hoping too. My entire family got it. They thought they had a cold/flu as my niece had that as they babysat just before Christmas and my niece and family came to Christmas. Since they assumed that was the bug and only reason my stepdad got tested was because he had a doctors appointment on Monday and they wouldn’t let him come if he didn’t test.

Feels nice to donate. I did the same last week.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I didn't realize I hadn't posted since 2022.LOL. I tracked yesterday, went for a brisk walk and did my back exercises. Trying to declutter a little bit each day. I want 2023 to be a year of less chaos and better health. My word for this year is JOY.

@trooworld I love your phrase for the year..it's a good one. Glasses are so cute. You do such good work. We went to bed before midnight too..

@gemwolf110 So sorry you got the virus...my daughter got it, tested positive Tuesday after Christmas..her DH got it too, but so far no one else..we were glad because we all spent Christmas together..funny thing tho, her DH has no symptoms, but she does..he is just bored. LOL I hope you have a short symptom timeframe too,

@theslightedgeforever You are always good at tracking..Maybe I could hire you to do mine. LOL. Sounds like you have a positive outlook for 2023 and you will get your goals met I believe this year.

@senoritafloridita Glad you have a great time..yea I don't drink at all, so I understand why you wouldn't want to drink anytime soon.. LOL.

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    edited January 2023
    Options
    cbabie wrote: »
    Morning all, I didn't realize I hadn't posted since 2022.LOL. I tracked yesterday, went for a brisk walk and did my back exercises. Trying to declutter a little bit each day. I want 2023 to be a year of less chaos and better health. My word for this year is JOY.

@trooworld I love your phrase for the year..it's a good one. Glasses are so cute. You do such good work. We went to bed before midnight too..

@gemwolf110 So sorry you got the virus...my daughter got it, tested positive Tuesday after Christmas..her DH got it too, but so far no one else..we were glad because we all spent Christmas together..funny thing tho, her DH has no symptoms, but she does..he is just bored. LOL I hope you have a short symptom timeframe too,

@theslightedgeforever You are always good at tracking..Maybe I could hire you to do mine. LOL. Sounds like you have a positive outlook for 2023 and you will get your goals met I believe this year.

@senoritafloridita Glad you have a great time..yea I don't drink at all, so I understand why you wouldn't want to drink anytime soon.. LOL.

Cbabie

Me too. It’s all in my lungs mainly. Hope your daughter feels better soon! That is like my sister and her fiancé. She’s symptomatic and he has no symptoms.