NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,154 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I brush my teeth because my teeth will fall out of my head if I don't lol. The Tonal. Things that exercise would help:
    - my self-esteem
    - my flexibility
    - my aches and pains
    - reduce risk of osteoporosis
    - fit in more clothes/better clothes

That's all I can think of. I've tried making small goals, track one meal, I've tried making a goal of exercising for 1 minute. No go. I've been drinking about 50 oz of water but that's not acceptable to me, I need to drink more. I don't like public bathrooms either. But that's a good sign of progress that you bring the water bottle with you. I think it does look like success. You are right about it being depressing to focus on what you aren't doing. Thanks for the pep talk!

@cbabie I'm glad you are better. Awww, baby girl! That's funny about the ice pack. Good job with the treadmill, woo hoo! Thank you for the encouragement.

Hi all. Thanks for the pep talks and encouragement. I needed that. I had a nice long weekend. Got some exercise in the form of going to the zoo on Friday and walking the dogs with my husband yesterday. Ate decently yesterday, I only ate one time: we ate homemade carne asada + beans at about 2 pm. Got some quality time in with my husband.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. What would really help me is if I could post my food logs daily. I hope you guys don't mind. I just need to feel accountable to someone for what I eat. This idea came from my husband. We had a talk last night about my health and he suggested I do it. I liked the idea. He's going to stop making high-calorie desserts (he makes them every weekend) and if he wants to make a dessert, it will be a healthy dessert. For my part, I am going to plan to have a side salad (spinach and some other veggies) with dinner each night starting next week. I'm going to post my food logs here. For now, I am just observing my behavior so you will see what I've been eating, not necessarily healthy because I'm observing and learning right now.

Water yesterday: 60 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

hm2n5ye2pfv0.jpg
    907rro9x60qh.jpg

• trooworld
    Options
    Hello all. I'm talking to myself again lol. Yesterday was not good as far as food goes. There was a big retirement party at work. Once again, I just want to be accountable somewhere not really asking for tweaks to my eating at this point.

fgoycd2l27e1.jpg

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Morning all, (Trooworld). LOL. I have been so dysfunctional. I really need a routine, but not sure how to get one. I also have been feeling achy, tired and bloated. Let alone tired. My BP has been lower than normal, so I am throwing it tup to that. LOL.

@trooworld I am so glad you are here every day. What a treat for me to see your face when I log on. I am sorry that you are here by yourself. As hard as I try, I can't always get on here. That ap looks like it counts points? You know you are tracking and I am so glad to hear that your DH is supporting you by creating healthy food and not food that will sabotage you. Thank you for being you!!!!

Cbabie
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Hi all…following along, even if not interacting. We are in OK, dogsitting until probably Monday. Typing an IPad again…don’t like it. Think my food has been a little better, exercise non existent. Air quality in Iowa last week was terrible from the Canadian wildfires, went for a walk in it, & coughing ever since. Finally went to Dr here on Tuesday & got medicine & think I am finally getting better today.

@trooworld…hope sharing your food helps. No judgement here, mine would probably be way worse! But wanted to say “aren’t those Bundt cakes good!” But oh, the calories in that little thing! Dh & I used to share & each get 1/4, but that’s like 2 bites, so now we each get 1/2, lol.

@cbabie, hope you feel better! When I went to Dr the other day BP was way higher than it had ever been! Scared me & my sil , too. She got out her BP machine to check it right then & made me bring it back here to check daily until we go home. I think it was the no sleep & constant cough, because it did come back down pretty well. I think low could make you tired.

Hope everyone has a good week. It’s hot here right now..think I still have my Iowa winter insulation on, lol.
  • trooworld
    Options
    Finally talking to someone besides myself lol!

@cbabie Sounds like you need a plan. I hate feeling that way. Low BP could maybe make you tired? Thanks for saying that. That's really nice! The app does count points, it is called "Healthi" and it also counts macros (the premium version, which is something like $35 a year), there is also a free version that is excellent and counts points. Yes, he says he's going to make healthy desserts, let's see if he does lol.

@RetiredAndLovingIt Good to "see" you! I hope the air quality gets better for you so you can go for your walks. Thanks, I think it will help to share my food. Those bundt cakes ARE good! Yeah, this one was about 2 bites so no sharing lol. Have a good week!

Hi all. Yesterday was much better. I even lost a pound this week. I gained 0.2 lbs for the month of May. No surprise I didn't lose any weight, I wasn't tracking. Here's my tracker for yesterday.

9x9v79wne8p0.jpg
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hello all. I am getting my blood drawn today so I am drinking black coffee. I am not pleased lol. I usually put sugar-free creamer in it. Here's my tracker. I forgot to track a beer I had, we went out for a happy hour beer. I have nothing really planned for today, just getting groceries and running errands. With the beer, I am still under my calorie and carb goals for the day.

Water yesterday: 75 oz

iwh7xa7w375u.jpg
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. I had a fun day yesterday, I made art and hung out all day with my husband. This morning, we are going to attempt to go to the zoo but there is a marathon going on all over the city and many roads are closed for it. Here's my tracker for yesterday.

ywvw3pcm72lo.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,258 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @trooworld Just think. This is the only place you can talk to yourself and no one will think you are crazy. LOL Sorry about not being here. My routine is off and when my routine is off things just don't get done. Still trying to figure out how to STAY ON ROUTINE. I hope my little pep talk helped you. Now do me. :) You do whatever it is to help you succeed. The good news is that you are tracking again. I'm glad that dh will help and not make dessert every weekend.

@cbabie so you need a routine. I'm currently watching a tedtalk called Forget Big Change, start with a tiny habit. You really already have a routine. But it's not getting you to where you want to go. So think about this floss your teeth....floss one tooth. What do you want to add to your routine?

@retiredandlovingit Good to see you. I hate typing on a ipad/tablet too. Glad to see you are getting better. I know you enjoy your walks. My dd was in the south this past week and complaining how hot it was. She's used to MN weather. I'm going to visit her in about 3 weeks or so.

My painting project is finished. I moved it into my bedroom. Now to just get the the stuff moved into the cabinet. I've been decluttering so I have piles all over my bedroom. Plus my son is coming for a visit. I've been cleaning out his room (which I use for storage. lol) Lots of physical movement but no official exercise since Saturday. Hubby and I did a 35 min walk.

Is anyone else here doing any of the Meal Plans? I started the low-carb one. I'm still doing my carb cycling but using their tips and recipes.

• trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever HAHAHA! True. Do you use a calendar for your routine? Maybe that would help to get you back on routine, if you don't already use one. Yes, your pep talk always helps lol. A pep talk...I know you are feeling out of your healthy routine right now and I want to encourage you to get back on track. I know it can be tough to start exercising and eating healthy again after a break, but it's worth it. I've seen you on your routine and you are UNSTOPPABLE! Are you struggling with exercise? Would it help to have an exercise buddy? Is the problem food? Are you tracking? Tell us what you need help with. It's not about being perfect. It's about making small changes that will make a big difference in your health. So don't give up! Keep moving forward. Congrats on finishing your painting project! I would count that physical movement as exercise. Good job with the walk. I do not use the meal plans. How do you like it?

Hi all. We couldn't make it to the zoo thanks to the road closures. We went to a cafe for coffee instead. I'm glad I ate breakfast before we went to the cafe, my husband got a chocolate croissant and coffee and I just got a coffee because I wasn't hungry. I guarantee if I hadn't eaten breakfast, I would have eaten something. Later in the day, we stopped at an ice cream parlor and got some ice cream. I got a medium cup but didn't eat it all, I didn't feel it was worth the "bites".

Water yesterday: 25 oz

dj7lvkexm772.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Yes on the calendar. I use Planyway on Trello. I don't always follow the calendar because life (hubby) gets in the way. I am scheduled, he is more when the mood strikes him. That was a good pep talk. Thanks. It's mostly the exercise. I prefer to exercise alone. I have done some exercise today. I was following the Tedtalk advice from yesterday. Insert a tiny behavior after an existing habit. So I chose exercise 10-15 min after cleaning my room. When it came time for that I thought I really need to go down and start lunch. Then decided I could actually do the exercise while I was waiting on my soup to simmer. It worked out fine. I went and did a hill program for 12 min. Sounds like you made good choices at the cafe and then at the ice cream place.

Mealplan: They were having a special in May that you could get 28 days free of a meal-plan. But had to join the mealplan by May 31 to qualify. I saw it on May 31. It has a schedule and usually 4-5 tasks a day to complete. They are easy. This first week we are only concentrating on lunches. Cook the meal. Pack your lunch (for workers outside the home) Then eat the meal for 3-4 days. It has a place when you are reading the recipe to log it straight from there. Then you only have to "copy to" the following days. Week 2 will be learning to prepare low carb snacks and lunches. I like it. Gives me something to focus on instead of eating what I want and then hoping they fit into the tracker without going over.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I see. I get that. You are welcome! That was good you worked out the exercise. When I have to make a food decision, I'm going to start asking myself, "WWTD?" (What would theslightedgeforever do?) I think you know how to make good decisions and I should be more like you. :D That meal plan thing sounds interesting. I hope it works out.

@cbabie You okay?

Hi all. We were running late last night from picking up an order at Macy's so we decided to get take-out. I would have been fine with a pizza but luckily, my husband wanted salad from the salad place. So that's what we got. It wasn't in my tracker but I found something similar to track. Tonight will be a late/weird night, too: I found out yesterday that one of my paintings won some kind of award a the county fair so we have to go to the awards presentation tonight at 6:30. I don't think we will have time to eat beforehand and after, we won't be able to eat. I don't know what's going to go on.

nhd6xiwzafd8.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld I laughed out loud just now. WWTD? Obviously today I must be an imposter. I just had some pizza. More than one slice. Do as I say..... I wish I knew the answer to consistency. I was just reading something last night about this. I'll post a screenshot. Congrats on the award. That's really neat. Also I noticed you got in 75 oz of water. Woohoo!

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    cdoyl5meq5mi.png
  • cbabie
    Options
    Hi all, Yes I am still alive. Sometimes I wish not, but I am. LOL. Sorry I have been out. I had a Dr appt on Wed, I had a colonoscopy on Friday, and then a biopsy on my thyroid on Monday...so just starting to get back to a normal day today...I can't lift the baby, couldn't exercise, but by Friday...I should be able to do anything. Now if I just will.LOL

@trooworld Sounds to me like you are back in the game. you may have gained a bit, but I think you are going to see the results of your consistency. Congrats on the award!!! You and DH enjoy things outside of your home, that is great.

@RetiredAndLovingIt So glad to see you on here. Yes, I like my mac to type on. LOL

@theslightedgeforever yes I need a better routine.

Cbabie
  • 1murph
    1murph Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is the app on the phone similar to the WW app?
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever You might be having a rough patch right now, but if you look at your track record, you give solid advice and make solid decisions. :D Thanks, I appreciate your support! That was interesting what you posted. I need to find some sort of reward for my brain for tracking. I'm tracking but I am not sure I'm getting a reward.

@cbabie Oh I'm sorry to hear you've had so much medical stuff going on. I hope everything is okay. Thank you, I appreciate it! Yes, we do like to get away from the demon dogs and their fighting lol.

@1murph MFP is not similar to WW app but the Healthi app is. It has a paid and a free version. The screenshots you see from me are from the Healthi app, the paid version. The free version is great to start out and see if you like before you pay the $39 for the year.

Hi all. Turns out I won 2nd place in my category at the fair! After the fair, we stopped by the grocery store and got some salad packs to eat with some chicken that was already made. This did not make up for the fact that I ate some junk yesterday. But I did track it all, so that's good.

Water yesterday: 65 oz

dfsa9y4v6iv8.jpg
  • cbabie
    Options
    Hi all, I am not eating "good" food, but I am trying to eat when hungry and high in fiber right now. I am drinking a protein shake while I type this. Just don't feel like food right now. I need to get movement in now...but it's been slow, kind of afraid to move. I will get over that as each day I feel better and more like me.

@trooworld Congratulations on the 2nd place. How awesome!!! LOL I was just watching Beauty and the Beast "animated" with my daughter and noticed for the 1st time (after watching this at least 20 times) that the fathers's socks don't match. One is stripped and one is solid. LOL I guess I am losing my eye for detail.

Just a note on the reward, my grandson just told me about one of his teachers who "reward" the students for turning their work in on time and complete. I am torn yes we all need rewards for our efforts, but doing school that you are paying for? I am just a different generation

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Are you experiencing a depression bout right now? Thank you! I never noticed that about Beauty and the Beast lol, you must have a good eye for detail actually! I agree about the rewarding the kids for turning in on time. No rewards should be given, you get an award if you do extra work that is extra good! lol

Hi all. We have an electrician coming today to give us an estimate on an expensive project in our condo. I have to do some cleaning up/folding of laundry before he arrives this afternoon. I ate pretty well yesterday except for breakfast, which was interesting. Today's a new day to make better choices.

zp8htiulo6r7.jpg
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hello all. I've gained 1.6 lbs this week which is no surprise, you've seen my tracker this week. I know what I need to do, I just need to do it. What do I need to do? I need to 1) drink more water 2) cut down on the unhealthy crap on the days that I work at the library 3) eat more veggies and fruits 4) find a way to fit in some exercise of some sort.

smsrzjf3f5rh.jpg