• rickweinberg
    rickweinberg Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Happy Birthday.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

@rickweinberg - Whatever you decide to do this weekend, have a good one.

@gemwolf110 - Stay safe in that snow.

@theslightedgeforever - Happy Birthday!

I was under on calories yesterday and logged yay! I did not get any exercise in today :( . But I am caught up from being gone for four days. It is 47 degrees here today, we are having a heatwave yay!

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend. <3

Liz

February Goals
    1 January 2017 239 1 Feb 234.8
    1. Log all food out 3 of 28 days Under calories 3 of 28 days Over calories 16 of 31 days Protein goal 0 of 28 days
    2. Exercise 16 hours (960 minutes) 135
    3. Managing stress 5 out of 28 days

I am being purposeful in my daily actions to become the healthy active balanced person that I want to be.
  • cathyfalcone9819
    cathyfalcone9819 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You go girl. I'm ok with a small piece of cake as long as I don't take it home
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    OK back from all my birthday festivities. I saw La La Land. Love that movie. Back to my program tomorrow.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    WW weekly highlights video

https://youtu.be/-4i15LT3Ug8
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    morning: I am eating out of emotional stress..I have cried, slept in depression..I have to take my dad to a group home tomorrow and I can't emotionally deal with all of this. I have so many decisions to make and I know in my head I don't want to do damage to my health..,but this emotional roll a coaster is all I seem to know. I wish I didn't have to do this...it SUCKS

I hope all of you are well, staying on plan, keeping your health promises to yourself and enjoying life.

Cbabie
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I finally have my phone back!!! My kidlet was nice and lent me her old one but all I could do was log in and make a status and my I pad (1st gen) crapped out
    My phone still glitches once in a while but I'm back!!
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My apologies for not checking in this week - I"m trying to build this as a new habit and this week was crazy at work . Great job to all of your successes, ((HUGS)) to those of you that need them, and happy birthday to @theslightedgeforever .

On the plus side, I managed to lose .6 this week (goal was .5), and I have been hitting my Garmin activity goals 6/7 days (Sundays are an intentional day of rest). I made it bed before midnight all but 2 days, and those 2 days were because I was out until late. On the negative side, work is crazy busy because we had a guy in our department quit without notice. He was 20% of our dept, so all of us are having to work overtime, I even had to come in on Saturday for 4 hours. It's going to be a long haul until we can get a replacement in. DBF's bday was this week and we celebrated and I only went over my calories once. Thankfully it was on a day where I blew my step count target out of the water.

starting weight 2008: 230.0
    starting weight 2016: 206.9
    starting weight 2017: 175.9
    Current weight: 174.4
    My current goals:
    Continue to hit my step counts 6/7 days
    Get to bed before midnight
    This week's scale goal: lose at least .8
    mid-term scale goal: hit a new decade by St Pat's day
    long-term goal: hit my goal weight of 148 by the end of August.
  • rickweinberg
    Options
    @cbabie I hope you are doing ok. Some times life happens. This jouney is long term. It is a life style change. Hang in there. If circumstances put a huge bump in the road, take a break, adapt and adjust. This is a lifestyle change so one week, one meal off plan, or even a month of maintenance or even a small gain can be over come. Having to put your father in a home is frankly something I've not experienced yet. I can't imagine what it is like. But in these type situation I think about what the person who is ill, depressed or worse wants me to do. Your Dad needs you but he also want you to be as healthy as you can. I'm sure of that.
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    hi everyone managed to write everything down so far this week then hubby brought in goodies today!!!!!!did take & log been quite an active weeken for me it was my mum n dads 53 wedding anniversary yesterday so had carvery dinner which was tasty made lots of tasty ham lenil veg soup today for wrk luch this week hope you all had good weekend take care of yourself cbabie must be tough xxx
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    picture is wee rocco hes 12 next month hes so cute & cheeky too my fur baby x
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning on my way to my dads house, then on to rehab center to pick him up...and take him to his new home. I made myself an health breakfast...trying to balance today!'
    Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    cbabie I wish you didn't have to go through all this with your dad. Change is always hard but I bet there are some good things about this new home. Meanwhile, look at you. Sleeping because of depression might be a good thing. You always talk about how little sleep you get normally. See Find the good thing. The eating probably comes to make yourself feel good. You just want some comfort. How else can you get some comfort.

jackie Nice to see you back. How have things behave madeen since you've been gone?

NEOHgirl congrats on the loss. Your goals seem very doable. Look how much progress you have made. I need to get my UMPH back I remember a saying There is no tmph without umph.

rickweinberg Good words of wisdom to cbabie. Put your own oxygen mask on first as they say.

danka My parents used to have a dog like that. I swear they treated her better than us kids. My mom always said because the dog didnt talk back. lol Your dinner sounds wonderful. Congrats to your mum and dad. So what's the plan for the goodies in your house?

gemwolf Woohoo on that promotion Day shift will be great.

Thanks for all the bday wishes.

Great news for me. My fitbit works again. It was the charger that was bad. I had worn a fitbit for 5 years. Very weird not to check my steps. Maybe the excitement will cause me to reach my step goal.

Here's a video that I watched about WW This lady is a sister to the other lady. Originally I was watching her videos about the WW meetings. But then she stopped losing weight. Meanwhile the other sister was just doing her own thing and losing slowly but then she joined WW and now they both seem on fire.

This video is about combining WW simply filling and Smart points depending on the day. The video is about 30 min long so depending on your time you might watch it in 10 min spurts or listen to it while commuting to work. It showed how to fit a plan(s) to match your lifestyle vs changing the lifestyle to match a plan. She's been losing avg 2 lbs a week since she started doing that.

https://youtu.be/k4if7-dJf2U?list=PLotciwu13pyky7JAV7GGwv5OTf6QhXY1a

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,909 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm back from Tucson. It was exhausting, but fun. I flew back yesterday morning and took the rest of the day off to recuperate. It turns out I needed it: I took a short nap and woke up with a terrible migraine. Went to bed at 7:30 and woke up with a slight headache but nothing compared to yesterday's. Food while away wasn't healthy most of the days. I even binged on potato chips and dip one night. I'm back in my normal environment, that should help things settle down.

Happy Valentine's Day to all! Hubby and I are going out to dinner at a Spanish restaurant. There is a flamenco show as well, it should be fun. It's a fixed 4 course menu, I think the two choices are paella and filet mignon. I'm not sure which I want, both sound good. I got hubby some nice chocolates in the airport at Las Vegas yesterday. I hope he keeps them to himself lol.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,

@cbabie - I know it is a hard transition for you both. It takes about 45 days for a resident to get settled into their new surroundings. The nice thing for you, when you adjust is that it lightens your burden knowing that there are others to help you look after your dad. It will get easier for you. I am sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.

@gemwolf110 - Congratulations on the job! I am so happy for you! Your hard work and preparation paid off. You rock!

@trooworld - I am glad Tucson went well for you. I am glad you got home safely. Sorry about the headache. Have a nice time tonight.

I am not following my plan at all right now. Between my trip to IL last week and leaving for Phoenix on Monday, my mind has been all over the place. So many things to get ready for the girls so they don't need me or miss me while I am gone. A lot of things have come up with getting my oldest daughter settled in her new place as well. I am doing o.k. stress-wise just doing one task after another. But trying to focus on my eating just seems to be too much right now. So I try to make good choices and just move on if I don't.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Liz <3

February Goals
    1 January 2017 239 1 Feb 234.8
    1. Log all food out 3 of 28 days Under calories 3 of 28 days Over calories 16 of 31 days Protein goal 0 of 28 days
    2. Exercise 16 hours (960 minutes) 135
    3. Managing stress 5 out of 28 days

I am being purposeful in my daily actions to become the healthy active balanced person that I want to be.
  • rickweinberg
    Options
    The past two days have been pretty good for me. I'm still glad about my loss. I think weighing in on the Monday after Super Bowl Sunday after making poor choices was not the best decision. I'm hoping that another loss this week will put me at one step back and two steps forward. The daughter drama has died down for now. Her grades are actually coming up. Since she is grounded and has no mobile device she is commicating with us more and does not get as puffy about when we ask about her homework.

I will right more later.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld Flamenco show sounds fun. So back to your routine. I can't wait to get back to my routine and I didn't go anywhere but having dd here is harder than I thought.

mysticlizard Which part of IL did you go too? I've got friends all over IL. Another trip to AZ too. You and trooworld must want to escape the cold. So how about commit to just tracking what you eat during this time.

rickweinberg Isn't it grand when things in our lives go well. I hope another loss for you again this week. We just have to do this day by day.

I had no formal exercise but I walked all around the mall enough to reach my step goal. So will try again today. Dd is leaving on Thursday and I'll figure out how I could do better next time. There's always room for improvement

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,909 Member
    Options
    Hi all! The flamenco show and dinner was really nice. I had paella and a mushroom empanada and a salad. We took dessert to go and it's still in the fridge, no room in my belly! lol Was so tired, when we got back, I just stayed up for about 25 minutes and then went to bed.

@mysticlizard that sounds like a good plan. Just do the best you can. I hope things smooth out soon.

@rickweinberg yeah I try not to weigh in on days after I eat out of the normal. I know if I do, I will likely show a gain and sometimes I'm not up for that. I'm glad the daughter situation is getting better.

@theslightedgeforever it was fun! Yeah, even when visitors are around, it's hard to keep to a routine. I understand completely!

@gemwolf110 yikes, that is late to be cooking a quiche! I do love quiche though. I hope you get some sleep.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all my newbie friends.

I thank God everyday for this board. Yesterday was the first day I did not go see my dad. It was hard not to go, but I have to start the process of not being there every day. I had a full day at work yesterday, not being there one day set me backwards and having nonstop meetings back to back didn't help. I have to get my rear in gear and go walk and get ready for my 9am appointment.

@gemwolf110 ..I am so happy for you! Congratulations.
    @theslightedgeforever You will get your routine again...are you still using Trello?
    @rickweinberg Thank you for your sincere concern. I am trying to find the balance in my life. This is a long process, but I know this too shall pass. It does make me start watching my habits, and my symptoms if any...I am very much my dad..I just chose to start earlier in trying to be healthy.
    @mysticlizard Wow 45 days..it almost caused me to cry..but then I thought you know this has been going on for 30 days today...it doesn't seem possible, but I know tis true. I hope you have not had to do this. I wouldn't wish this process on anyone.
    @dankas001 glad your back!!!
    @trooworld Sounds like you had great night and you knew when to stop eating. I think I would have had the dessert..LOL

okay guys, I really have to go now.

Cbabie
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hello all - here is a quick check-in while I should be working. It's been a crazy, hectic, somewhat stressful couple of work days. I am managing though. Hit my step count yesterday, came in under my calories for the past 2 days, and will do so again today. Got my semi-annual thyroid blood work done this morning, so we'll see how that goes with all of my other test. I'm hoping my iron levels are back up so I can donate blood again. Hope you are all having a good day.