NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 555 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hello all - I missed posting yesterday as I did get to an early barre class at my local gym. I was able to keep up and complete the 40-minute workout while having fun. I really like the fact this small class is full of “everyday” gals like me between the ages of 35-70. Meaning, it’s not a barre “studio” with expert participants per se where I probably would feel intimidated. I am a secret lover of all the ballet positions along with hand weights, balls and stretching exercises. It’s low impact, and I’m thinking great for toning. We shall find out. Going back tomorrow:).

Food choices going fairly well. When my DH is out of town, I eat much leaner and the kitchen stays clean! This weeks goal is to stay under my new Macro goals I set and increase lean protein (which has been a challenge) to see how the scale responds. I have read it’s good to adjust now and then. Had grandkids over yesterday to swim in their little above ground pool and then we had popsicles. I adore summer days like this.

I remember the old WW boards, so fun. I think they started to dwindle when social media really took off. I did find some of my WW friends on facebook eventually.

@trooworld excellent on the exercise at lunch, never easy but you pushed through! When I worked full days, I recall I used to gain so much confidence when I put those tennis shoes on for a mile at a time. WTG!

@melissajean9677 I’m newer here too, welcome!

@theslightedgeforever you are doing great with your calorie and exercise plans! I think you follow/manage macros too if I’m not mistaken.

@cbabie I did the bathroom floors yesterday and our large glass shower door/enclosure. Can’t imagine working in humidity lol. I think you get extra calorie burn points 😊
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,255 Member
    Options
    @melissajean9677 Welcome to the group!

@trooworld Yaaay on tracking more. You would get variety just by cooking 365 of those recipes. lol Yaaay on doing some exercise even when you didn't feel like it.

@cbabie Tell your family to find the recipes and put the ingredients on a shopping list and you'll take care of the rest. Goulash sounds good. How can you find 5 minutes to do some weights or bands? With a baby, you have to find little minutes here and there.

Exercise: 42 min at gym. cardio/stretching Today it rained so no walk. I'll make it up on Sunday.
    Food: Over 2 carbs Over 33 calories
    Water: 51 oz

Lost 0.8 lbs
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,140 Member
    Options
    @cbabie Good luck with your housework today. We are having a week-long heatwave here. It's too hot for my liking. Thank you. LOL I did! You are very observant. :D Yes, if we have to eat it should be exciting lol.

@Michieb125 That's awesome that you had a good barre class and were able to keep up and have fun! Yay for going back today. Good luck with this week's goals. Sounds like you are really enjoying summer. Thank you, it's always a challenge to walk at work. It's a challenge to exercise any time for me but I will find a way.

@theslightedgeforever That's true. Good job at the gym and with food and water. WTG on losing that weight!

Hi all. I tracked everything yesterday. It was a busy day at work so I did NOT get to go for a walk. I did get over 7,000 steps so that's pretty decent. It's so flipping hot here right now. I don't know if I will go for a walk today but I may. We have to get ready for the electrician coming tomorrow. We have to get some work done.

Water yesterday: 40 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

pofwiyx262gm.jpg
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,595 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I did okay until 10:30 last night. 2 mini frosted cookies called my name and YESSSss it gave me heartburn...that was my payback. LOL. So today...I have to put my ear buds in and ignore calls. LOL

@theslightedgeforever good job on the gym and weight loss. I wish we would get rain and cool it down here. Yea good luck on them looking for recipes. LOL DH will be gone for 2 weeks, so we will see how the meals go around here.

@trooworld good luck with the electrician. Yea on tracking..yes it's so hot here too, I WOULD NOT WALK either..one step outside and the sweat starts. LOL (that's when you take a selfie and post as your afterwork out profile. LOL)

@Michieb125 Oh so happy you finished the class and felt good about it. So glad you like it enough to go back. The day with the grandkids sounds fun and relaxing! Enjoy while you can, you know they stinking grow up so fast.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Seems to be hot everywhere in the world. Yaaay on tracking everything. Try tomorrow for the walk.

@cbabie With dh gone I'd be saying every man for himself. When it's hot, you can go to a mall and walk. ;)

Food: 9 carbs under; 98 calories under
    Exercise: Rest Day
    Water: 51 oz

• Michieb125
    Options
    @trooworld I do believe tracking is a good key to success - otherwise we can’t review what we are putting in our bodies for fuel or pure enjoyment. Really good job, and no I can’t walk in the heat either lol.

@theslightedgeforever I like how you track/post your exercise, water and carbs/calories. I am going to adopt this technique for my own visuals. You are rocking your plan and seeing results, way to go!

@cbabie mini frosted cookies!?! One of my favorites of course. I can have those only now and then or else….hope you will be able to cook much less while DH is away. And definitely the little grandchildren grow too fast, just like my own kiddos did! I have taken care of them a couple of times a weeks since they were born so they are my precious angels.

Food tracking has been good this week and I have stayed within my calorie count on most days. Concentrating on more lean protein and less high glycemic carbs to shake things up. Yesterday, I was very active all day. Up early as usual, then completed another 45-min barre class.

Afterwards, my DH and I went on a 40 minute walk in the neighborhood and then we had the grand littles over again at 1:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. We/they played in the Intex pool for two hours then I made them snacks for what seemed like two more hours lol……those little people sure can eat! I try to have good lunch choices for them on hand (and me) - strawberries, watermelon, veggie straws, organic lunch meat on whole wheat bread, good quality chicken nuggets. Oh and fruit popsicles!

Going to our friends house for dinner tonight with another couple and unsure of what’s on the menu. They usually cook with a lot of sauces which I don’t. That’s a bit hard for me because I can’t know the calorie expenditure ahead of time but I’ll eat my eggs this am and regular go to’s until then and enjoy their company and make the best of it.

Stay cool and happy Friday, everyone!

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I ate a bowl of cereal for dinner last night...filled me up and went to bed not long after...didn't sleep much, up and down up and down. Still no exercise.

@theslightedgeforever you are doing great...and thank you no...don't like malls and 10 month and a very social 4 year old..would give me anxiety..LOL

@Michieb125 sounds like you are in your groove with your food. Great job..yeah my 4 year old loves all those things, she likes the straws better than the ones that looks like wavy chips....however, she also likes "cheese balls". UGH..they are nasty. But she does LOVE regular hard cheese sliced and put on a plate..

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @Michieb125 Sounds like you are on plan this week, too. How was your dinner with friends? I usually search for a similar food served with homemade added and then choose the entry that's not the highest or lowest of calories but in the middle. I know it's 100% but it gives me a range.
    Then next day back on my regular plan.

@cbabie Put the baby in the stroller and let the 4 year push while you walk beside her. So what is your plan to get in some exercise?

Food: 3 carbs over/ 58 calories under
    Exercise: 35 min walk, 60 min cardio/weights
    Water: 100 oz

• trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Darn, I hate heartburn! Yes, ignore those calls lol. Thank you. The electrician did his job, unfortunately, my husband may have told him the wrong thing: he told him that we use the AC unit in the bedroom. We do, but we also use it in the living room and the living room is where the problem is. My husband thinks that what the electrician did will fix the problem, we'll see. I think we are going to have to have him back out. I knew I should have been the one to talk to the electrician but my husband insisted he knew what to tell him SMH! How was your heartburn after you ate the cereal?

@theslightedgeforever Yes. There is a heatwave for a whole week, my knee is hurting, and Comic-Con is next Friday: I don't know how much walking I want to do, I don't want to mess up my knee even worse before then. Great job with food, resting and water on...Thurs?

@Michieb125 That's true. Yeah, I just hate the extreme heat. I don't mind a little but when it gets to be in high 80s/90s, it's too much. Sounds like you are doing fantastic. You are setting a good example for the grandkids, and feeding them well. I hope you had fun with your friends.

Hi all. I got busy yesterday with the electrician. Yesterday was nice, the dogs are at the kennel until about 3 pm today. We enjoyed the peace and quiet. I should have slept really well but I didn't: we put this mattress topper on our bed yesterday and I just didn't like it, I don't think. I slept 3 hours 20 mins. :( I'm going to take at least one nap today. I did track on Thursday but wasn't here to post it yesterday. I didn't track yesterday.

Water yesterday: 40 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, more cereal....and no sugar cookies. LOL. still not exercising.

@theslightedgeforever I have decided that the 45 min I get away from the baby is when I get to do nothing and for right now I am accepting that as my life and a bonus that I get the 45 min. That's really why I am not getting any exercise. I decided it meant more to me than movement. I know it's not a good thing, but I will start making tweaks when I feel differently. I have faced the truth...and now I can handle the truth. :)

@trooworld LOL about the electrician, sometimes men, you just want to put duct tape on their mouth. LOL. Funny the little things that make us uncomfortable...Great job on the continued tracking. I have been getting my breakfast tracked, but fizzle out after that..

Cbabie
  • Michieb125
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Yesterday was the dinner party at a good friends house. Her husband loves to cook and they are very hospitable. I decided to try a little of everything because he did a French influence with all the unique culinary delights. Ill share the menu just for fun….a bit rich and heavy for a summer day-Duck confit, potato soup, caviar, pate, and asparagus with hollandaise. Not your typical summer menu lol. I did enjoy the duck as it was falling off the bone and came from Europe. Don’t ask me how they obtained something like this but it was seasoned and very good. I also had wine so today is much lighter fare!

I will be back later for personal comments. Today I did take a 40 minute walk before it heated up. Lots of tea and water to hydrate and move the sodium out from yesterday. And, I’ve been with my DIL since this morning so need to get some things done around here.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Yay for no sugar cookies. Yes re: men and duct tape lol! At least you are tracking your breakfast, that's a start.

@Michieb125 Wow, that dinner party sounds fantastic! My husband and I both like to cook, which is part of my problem lol. I'm glad you had a good time. Good job with the walk.

Hi all. I did not track yesterday. At one point, I almost did but I got distracted. Speaking of cooking, I made beef birria tacos last night. It was so flavorful. A lot of work, but worth it. I don't have much planned for today but making some breakfast sandwiches to freeze for this week. I tend to go to the cafe and get breakfast sandwiches but if I make them myself, I can know what's in them and how to track them.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

• Michieb125
    Options
    @trooworld I agree, homemade breakfast sandwiches are so much better! And Birria tacos are incredible, I’ve never tried to make them because of the amount of work involved lol. Tracking is a challenge at times but it’s like creating a daily habit, keep trying :).

@cbabie I hope you can make some hard boiled eggs to supplement your cereal meals. Do you also like yogurt?

Tracking every meal, snack lick, bite and taste these days. Not obsessively, just in MFP for accountability and success. It was so hot last night I made grilled chicken salads with fresh cut vegetables, cheese and croutons. Light on the dressing….. Drank lots of water close to 64 oz. a day. I am down .04 this week. A trend I am trying to keep up!

Heading to the store soon for some cold drinks for the week - low cal lemonade, Pom juice, club soda, and sparkling waters.
    We don’t drink diet sodas anymore due to bad ingredients and Carmel coloring. But sure, I would love a Diet Coke 1 x this summer lol.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld How did you do with food this weekend?

@cbabie Good job on no cookies.

@Michieb125 Sounds like your dinner party went well and you got in some exercise too. Yaaaay on the weight loss.

Well this wasn't a good weekend foodwise. Better days ahead.

Yesterday my dd and I binge watched The Night Agent. Strongly recommend. Just not all 10 episodes in same day.

Food: Over 50 carbs; over 600 calories
    Exercise: Rest Day
    Water: 8 oz water

Today:

Food: Over 14 carbs; over 427 calories
    Exercise: 30 min cardio/weights
    Water: 42 oz

• trooworld
    Options
    @Michieb125 Birria tacos are a lot of work lol. I don't mind it on the weekends so much but during the week, a recipe like this is not possible. I will keep trying with tracking. Your dinner sounds yummy and healthy. Good job on the water, I really think it makes a difference but I'm so bad at it. I recently stopped drinking diet sodas for the same reason, I heard about the WHO saying artificial sweeteners cause cancer.

@theslightedgeforever I did crappy. I did not track. I ate homemade food but it was not healthy. I made beef enchiladas for dinner last night. Thanks for the recommendation. Better days ahead for us both.

Hi all. I did not have time to make my breakfast sandwiches so I am forced to make them one at a time this week until I have time to make them to freeze on Thursday. :( I have to run to get ready for work but maybe I'll try to squeeze making them in this morning.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

• Michieb125
    Options
    Hi all-tracking is going well along with water intake. Last night was tacos salads with ground beef and cheese and tomatoes etc. but added guacamole - reminds me of camping when I was a girl scout lol.

Not much to report today but I’m heading out to the community pool in our neighborhood with grandkids soon. That will burn some calories!

Dinners are hard when it’s 100 outside —- most likely salads again with protein.

Tomorrow morning is a 45 barre class and will try a beginner 45 min Zumba class before a hair cut and highlight in the afternoon. We shall see how the exercise goes, might be too much.

Stay hydrated!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld So what good choice did you make today? Can you track one meal?

@Michieb125 The taco salad sounds good. How was your exercise classes? Plus your hair?

Today was a better day for me.

Food: Under 21 carbs/under 239 calories
    Exercise: 1hr 48 min cardio/weights/stretching
    Water: 34 oz
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Michieb125 That's great you are doing so well. I love taco salads. I hope you enjoyed the pool. Yes, dinners are hard when it's so hot. I have trouble with that, too. That's a lot of activity, wow!

@theslightedgeforever Yesterday, I did not snack. This is partially because I was busy and partially because I drank more water. I also went for a 20 min walk at work. I might be able to track one meal, depending on if I get a minute to add stuff in. Yay for a better day!

Hi all. I did take the time to make my breakfast sandwiches, at least the eggs for them. So now I just need to put them together and freeze them. I don't know when I'll have time to do that, I may just have to freeze the egg portion and just make them as I need them. I had a good day yesterday. See above to @theslightedgeforever. My knee has really been bothering me for the past few weeks. The walking isn't helping it nor is the extra weight on my body. I am going to make an appt with my doctor.

Water yesterday: 75 oz

• trooworld
    Options
    Hello all. I did make an appt with my doctor for my knee for today. We got pizza last night, I had 2 pieces which is a better amount than I used to eat. I didn't go for a walk yesterday, by the time I had the time to do it, it was sweltering outside and I just didn't want to go in that heat.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon all, sorry I haven't been here. sick baby and DH in Alaska doesn't help my time management. LOL. He is still fussy, but I am here. I am really working on my habits and my thoughts. I think those seem to be the things that I am working on to improve. If I REALLY want something I am not going to deny it or myself, but not eat a whole bag, etc...but if it's something I can say no not today, I will find...then I will. It's the little times I say no that ingrain that into my brain...so that is what I am going for.

@trooworld I hope the Dr makes your knee feel better. I know what it means to have a bum knee, no fun. And just for the record, it's too hot here no matter what time of day to walk..I don't think we hit 120 yet but it's been close.LOL

@theslightedgeforever Glad you had a better day.

Cbabie