NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,985 Member
    Options
    @cbabie I'm glad your surgery went well. I hope it fixes whatever problem you are having. Birthdays are hard. Thank you! I appreciate your perspective. <3

Hi all. I'm trying to give my old recliner away, I've got 4 people interested but the first person that asked has to ask a friend if he can help him. I'm a sucker for a good story and he had one so I am waiting to hear back from him before moving on to the next. I didn't do anything over the weekend so I have to make some things for my breakfast today.

Water yesterday: 30 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Morning all, still tired and nauseated from the surgery. No food sounds good, but you know I will still eat..LOL. Party went great yesterday, I did have a piece of homemade cake and 1/2 baby girls pizza. Trying to get back my stamina, and then I will work on the exercise part. LOL

@Latestarter2018 Welcome aboard, I somehow missed your post. We have a good little group, full of encouragement. I am starting to look at this journey this way. What if a baby gave up trying to walk every time he fell down. He would always crawl or sit..so this is our journey we just keep getting up and try try try again, but NEVER give up.

@trooworld I could see you as a person who loves a good story. I am glad you are back tracking again, now give me your energy to do mine.LOL

@gemwolf110 wow you did a lot of hard work with the trees. We have one tree and my DH hates it as it gets stuff all over... just waiting for the weather to break so we can enjoy the shade.. LOL I bet your fur babies think they got a new home. LOL.

Sorry this is short, need to go lay down..nausea just hit again.

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    cbabie wrote: »
    Morning all, still tired and nauseated from the surgery. No food sounds good, but you know I will still eat..LOL. Party went great yesterday, I did have a piece of homemade cake and 1/2 baby girls pizza. Trying to get back my stamina, and then I will work on the exercise part. LOL

@Latestarter2018 Welcome aboard, I somehow missed your post. We have a good little group, full of encouragement. I am starting to look at this journey this way. What if a baby gave up trying to walk every time he fell down. He would always crawl or sit..so this is our journey we just keep getting up and try try try again, but NEVER give up.

@trooworld I could see you as a person who loves a good story. I am glad you are back tracking again, now give me your energy to do mine.LOL

@gemwolf110 wow you did a lot of hard work with the trees. We have one tree and my DH hates it as it gets stuff all over... just waiting for the weather to break so we can enjoy the shade.. LOL I bet your fur babies think they got a new home. LOL.

Sorry this is short, need to go lay down..nausea just hit again.

Cbabie

Hope you feel better soon! Yeah I’m still hurting but the dogs and I like it better.

• gemwolf110
    Options
    3t1p8unfur0l.jpeg

Well I gave the oddball a chance. Yeah no second date. It was definitely an awkward time. He seems like a nice guy just not for me. I really am looking for that old fashioned gentleman who holds doors, pays at least for the first date or at least offer to pay. Conversation was kinda dry. Yeah onto the next one…wait there isn’t a next one oops. 🤦🏼‍♀️

~ Missy
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I'm sorry you are still nauseated and tired. I hope today is better! I do indeed love a good story. I am not quite back to tracking yet but hope to today. LOL

@gemwolf110 Oh gosh that stinks. Hopefully the next one will be better, when he comes along. Hugs.

Hi all. I didn't do ANYTHING yesterday, not even cook! We got a Rana refrigerated lasagna from Walmart. I need to go make my breakfast now, I am making tomato soup and I'll have an english muffin with it.

Water yesterday: 30 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I slept an hour over today, so morning was rushed. I am still not myself, I can't see me doing exercises yet. So it's important I eat for fuel at this point. LOL. I just have to remember sugar is a major crash after you eat it. LOL

@trooworld I think yesterday you deserved to do nothing. (Labor Day is why we get a day off from our hard work) :). I have never had that lasagna, is it good?

@gemwolf110 Sorry about the date, I know there are guys out there like that, we just keep praying and believing God will bring the right one at the exact time you are supposed to meet.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Maybe your body needed the sleep. Yes, sugar definitely is a major crash! Thank you, me too! lol That lasagna is good, it's better than Stouffer's but it's more expensive, too, I think. But worth it. It's good in a pinch.

Hi all. I had kind of a bad day yesterday. The tone was set by having an ant infestation in the morning before work: it made me late, I forgot to brush my teeth, my soup spilled a bit...then I just felt "on the edge" all day. Last night, I didn't sleep well. It took forever for me to fall asleep and then I kept waking up, being hypervigilant that my dog didn't roll off the bed in her sleep (she does that sometimes and it could hurt her). I hope today is better but I'm already exhausted.

Water yesterday: 75 oz

• gemwolf110
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. I realized I am experiencing the onset of a bout of depression. Yesterday, it was rough feeling this way and being at work. I hope today is easier. I just want to lay on my couch and stare at the ceiling.

• gemwolf110
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    Hi all. I realized I am experiencing the onset of a bout of depression. Yesterday, it was rough feeling this way and being at work. I hope today is easier. I just want to lay on my couch and stare at the ceiling.

Sending hugs
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. I just found this group. I’m a former lifetime member of Weight Watchers. I was gaining on Weight Watchers. I guess too many 0 point foods. My doctor recommended MFP. I’ve lost about 10 pounds since March. The only adjustment was tracking everything and limiting my servings of fruit.
  • Latestarter2018
    Latestarter2018 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi @gemwolf110 - that first date sounded like a bit of a disappointment, but from what I hear it’s a bit of a numbers game, you just have to be willing to keep trying. I’ve got friends who have met their partners online, it just took a bit of time to find the right one. I agree with you - it’s nice when the guy offers to pay for the first date. It’s a bit of a turn off when someone is quite transactional and tight with money. I wouldn’t like that, it wouldn’t make me feel valued. That gentleman is out there for sure 😊
  • trooworld
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Thank you, Missy!

@fabgeekmom Hi and welcome to the discussion! Congrats on your success. I think people think that they can have unlimited fruit when in fact they cannot. I look forward to hearing more from you!

Hi all. This will be quick as I have a migraine. I weighed in this morning and I maintained. I'll take it considering I didn't track this week. I've been off my game all week. Have a great day!

• gemwolf110
    Options
    Hi @gemwolf110 - that first date sounded like a bit of a disappointment, but from what I hear it’s a bit of a numbers game, you just have to be willing to keep trying. I’ve got friends who have met their partners online, it just took a bit of time to find the right one. I agree with you - it’s nice when the guy offers to pay for the first date. It’s a bit of a turn off when someone is quite transactional and tight with money. I wouldn’t like that, it wouldn’t make me feel valued. That gentleman is out there for sure 😊

Exactly. At least offer. It was probably one of the worst dates I’ve been on. He went on that he had some stomach bug and some cough for the last month. I kinda regretted shaking his hand after hearing that lol. But then I didn’t eat my muffin as I was like I need to wash my hand. Eek germs. Lol saves some calories there haha
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    Weigh in was today. Weight is the same as it’s been for a few weeks. I did have a high calorie day last Sunday as we had the usual Labor Day cookout. Homemade ice cream was my downfall. But I didn’t let it derail me and I got back to the routine. Previous times I would have gained. I also decided to only weigh one time a week. The good news is that I only have a few pounds to lose and would be okay at my present weight.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I am tired of feeling icky. I am ready for normal. Then baby girl was acting sick last night...slight fever. Ready for health. Can't get in to see Dr for a couple of weeks, so I have to do what I think and hope its right . LOL. Good news is that I am not eating all the food in the house and therefore not gaining. LOL

@fabgeekmom Welcome to the group. I love homemade Ice cream. My dad made the best. So glad you got back in your routine. That's the secret I think...moderation and knowing when to say no. Good job on no loss no gain...

@gemwolf110 So sorry about the date...yeah I am with you...I try to tell my 5 year old always wash your hands when you come in the house...it's just a good rule...you never know what the other person's hygiene is and who they have come in contact with. LOL You have the perfect mate out there...you will find that one person!!!

@trooworld So sorry about the migraine. I hope you get it before it gets you..Take the weekend to relax and yea on maintaining.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom I have an ice cream maker and love homemade ice cream (it's so much better than store-bought), but I haven't made any in a while. Congrats on maintaining when previously you would have gained! That's great that you are so close to your goal.

@cbabie Kids are always getting sick, huh? I hope baby girl gets over it quickly and doesn't pass it along to you! That's good you aren't gaining. Thank you.

Hi all. My migraine is better today but yesterday, I was totally wiped out from it. I joined the YMCA online and will go to a stretch class this morning at 7. I'm going to a personal shopping appointment at Macy's this morning as well. Just getting a couple of outfits, I think. That's my Saturday!

Water yesterday: 12 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I am glad you are feeling better. My son makes ice cream without an ice cream maker. He follows a recipe on America’s Test Kitchen. We use a lot of recipes from that app. Last night he grilled steak and made a salad with arugula, goat cheese, walnuts and pomegranate molasses. Tonight is our usual eat out night and we’re doing Italian. I always get manicotti. The restaurant allows us to order a half portion which is perfect with a side salad and some bread.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon all, it's been a weird day and I am ready to just sit. I have felt so nausea with this stupid surgery..I am ready to feel normal. I just took my BP and it's low, so that means I am getting back to being me..LOL I am going to try to meal plan today and tomorrow, simple things. So I can get back to my energy levels that are good.

@fabgeekmom that dinner sounds delicious. Ice cream without an ice cream maker...less work, but the kids love making the homemade. LOL

@trooworld your day sounds like just what you needed!!! good for you!

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    edited September 2023
    Options
    cbabie wrote: »
    Morning all, I am tired of feeling icky. I am ready for normal. Then baby girl was acting sick last night...slight fever. Ready for health. Can't get in to see Dr for a couple of weeks, so I have to do what I think and hope its right . LOL. Good news is that I am not eating all the food in the house and therefore not gaining. LOL

@fabgeekmom Welcome to the group. I love homemade Ice cream. My dad made the best. So glad you got back in your routine. That's the secret I think...moderation and knowing when to say no. Good job on no loss no gain...

@gemwolf110 So sorry about the date...yeah I am with you...I try to tell my 5 year old always wash your hands when you come in the house...it's just a good rule...you never know what the other person's hygiene is and who they have come in contact with. LOL You have the perfect mate out there...you will find that one person!!!

@trooworld So sorry about the migraine. I hope you get it before it gets you..Take the weekend to relax and yea on maintaining.

Cbabie

Thank you! Mr. Right is out there…Yes I have hand sanitizer with me and wash my hands right when I get home.

Hope you feel better soon!