NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I didn't eat all that well yesterday, but I woke up feeling better today and realized I am getting better each day. I was on a med and I chose not to stop taking it. I think we should listen to our bodies and not the Dr's.

@fabgeekmom I totally get the picture of the bike now. Thanks for explaining it to me. Yes I bet that is better. That med that I was on was for my bones so I get that hip and knee. Glad you found something you can do and remain active without pain.

@trooworld I love the hair and that pin! LOL the guy is smiling really nice. I quit dying my hair oh so long ago, I went white early in life. LOL I remember I got my first gray hair 2 weeks after being married..I told my DH it was his fault. I got tired of coloring my hair every 3 weeks. My hair grows fast and it was a pain. I tried the crayon, just the roots, etc...but it got really old. You do what works for you. ( You have gorgeous skin btw). Yes my sister is a traveling soul, her and my mom would never be at home if she were still alive. LOL I don't have a travel bone in my body.

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! Not much is going on here. Lots of rain due to the hurricane even though we didn’t get a direct hit. I’ll do the bike and if it stops raining I might walk around the block. Last night I made turkey meatballs from my new cookbook and added them to some pasta I had made and frozen about a month ago. No cooking tonight! We eat out on Saturdays. Not sure where. I’m thinking Mexican as we haven’t had that for a while.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @fabgeekmom Not having to cook is always a win! Stay dry!

@cbabie Oh that's awesome! Woo hoo! Yes, he can handle the baby for 30 mins out of 24 hours lol. You go, girl! Yeah, I've had bobs a lot in the past, I do love them. I bet your hair is beautiful. Ah, okay, figures she's traveling again lol. That woman is a traveling soul!

Hi all. I did it: I got all my hair chopped off. I like it but not as much as when I've done it in the past: the problem is that I am no longer dying my hair so my hair color is meh, it's salt and pepper with some leftover dye in it so it's kind of gray on top, and the rest is kind of burgundy. :/ Here, I'll share a pic from yesterday so you'll see what I mean. Never mind the guy that photo bombed my photo lol, I don't know what he thinks about my hair! :D

Water yesterday: 40 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

zm8oigwatfhs.jpg

Very pretty!
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Looking good!
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    Guess who's back........

I'm back in Minnesota. I'm exhausted. So the major points of my trip were Italy (Milan, Lake Como) Took a day trip to St Moritz Switzerland and rode the famous red train to see the Swiss Alps. back to Italy (Venice, Ravenna) then took a cruise and went to Croatia (Split and Dubrovnik) and then Greece (Santorini and Athens). Back to Ravenna then over to Florence. Then went to Rome. Our last day we took a bus trip to Tuscany and got to go to Montepulciano and Pienza. Along the way we stopped at a farm where they have a farm to table restaurant and vineyards. We got to tour that and the wine cellars along with wine tasting. I have seen all the historical sites that are possible. Got to see film sites such as Game of Thrones and Twilight: New Moon. Walked to the moon and back. Climbed stairs til my calves were so sore I could hardly walk. It was so hot and humid too. But my reward was 5 lbs gone. Despite eating my way through Italy.

Now the challenge is to keep those 5 lbs gone and add to them. I'm going to relax for two days and do nothing then go back to the gym.

@fabgeekmom Welcome to the group!

@trooworld Love your haircolor in the pic.

Hi to the rest of the group
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Wow! What a trip! I’m sure you’ll get those 5 pounds off soon.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,154 Member
    Options
    @cbabie I didn't eat well at all yesterday, I'm in the same boat lol. Thank you, I'm not 100% on the hair yet. LOL about your gray blaming it on your husband! Thank you, my skin is a result of genetics not care lol. I should take better care of my skin while it's still good. I like to travel, I just can't afford it! :D

@fabgeekmom Stay safe! Yay for no cooking. Thanks!

@gemwolf110 Thank you!

@theslightedgeforever Well...Well...Well! Welcome back! I missed you. Were you on a tour or did you guys arrange all that yourselves? That sounds incredible! I have a coworker that is leaving today for an Italy trip. I'm so jealous! Congrats on the 5 lbs down, way to go, even while on vacation! Thank you.

Hi all. Yesterday, I walked 17,772 steps! This is a result of a 4-hour zoo trip (way too long for me) and then going to the street fair and walking around. I am so tired lol. I am off to go meet a friend for coffee in a bit. Then groceries then maybe the street fair again. I did not eat well yesterday and was ashamed so I only tracked half the day.

Water yesterday: 65 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld @theslightedgeforever I like to travel, too! The last trip I went to was to LA. No traveling for a while due to budget.
    Hi, all. Dinner last night was okay. We won’t go there again. Restaurant was too loud and food was so so. Tonight we eat at our daughter’s house. Today is a swimming day. The rain is gone and we don’t have the threat of the hurricane anymore.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Louisiana or Los Angeles? Both are fabulous destinations! Sorry dinner was a disappointment. That's good the hurricane is over.

Hi all. Again, I didn't eat well yesterday and I didn't track. I will try to track today. We took one of our dogs to the park yesterday and sat and people watched, it was nice. I am only working today and tomorrow and then I am off until Monday. We are going to Disneyland on Friday, I am very excited.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I forgot Louisiana is also LA. I meant Los Angeles. That was a fun trip. Lots of museums and good food. We drove to Botanical Garden that was near Pasadena. That was really cool.
    Hi, all! I hope everyone is doing well. I had terrible insomnia last night. I only got a few hours sleep. I finally went to the living room and read for an hour. Good news this morning: I broke my plateau and lost 1.5 pounds! I only have a few more to lose. Right now I’m at a healthy BMI.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Ah ok! Yes, LA is a lot of fun. I go up there occasionally and always have a good time. I'm sorry about the lack of sleep. I hope tonight is better. Congrats on breaking your plateau! Woo hoo!

Hello all. Today is my last day in the office this week, I'm taking the rest off to celebrate my birthday. It totally slipped my mind to track yesterday. I ate healthily though. I made Giant Turkey Meatball Parmesan from Skinnytaste for dinner, it was really good. I made it with Roasted Broccoli Salad with Miso-Caesar Dressing which was also really good.

Water yesterday: 75 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I have made the giant meatball and it is good. I will have to try the other recipes you used. I have a funny story about the meal I prepared last night. I made the Skinnytaste Salisbury steak. I noticed that the gravy wasn’t thickening so I added more flour. My son came home from work and told me I was using powdered sugar. It was in the canister and not labeled. He rescued it with cornstarch, salt and more Worcestershire sauce. It was still good. I slept better last night.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Woohoo for your great loss. Plus being at a healthy BMI. I lost 5 lbs on my trip. So unexpected. But I'm sure I burned alot of calories with all my movement during the past three weeks. That was a funny story about the powder sugar. Salisbury steak sounds really good.

@trooworld Whoa you racked up the steps. My legs hurt when I get that many. We arranged everything ourselves. My friend I stayed with in Chicago left today for Italy. It must be popular. Funny enough she is staying in the same building as we did. Our hotel was on one side and hers is on the other. What are the odds out of all the hotels in Rome. Ooh enjoy Disney.

So my plantar fasciitis is flaring up a bit again. So currently wearing support stockings. I went to the gym today for 56 min and then a 37 min walk. I went to Caribou Coffee and didn't realize how many calories was in a Pumpkin Cooler. Yikes. Plus the sugar grams. Yikes. I got in about 6 glasses of water.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom The broccoli salad was from another site: https://dishingouthealth.com/roasted-broccoli-salad/ Oh no! That's funny about the powdered sugar but I'm glad it turned out well.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah I was really tired. That's really impressive you arranged everything yourselves. I have a coworker that just left for Italy today. It must be. That's interesting. Thanks! I'm sorry about your plantar fasciitis, that is so painful. Yeah those fancy coffee drinks will get you. Good job with the water.

Hi all. I'm excited I'm off today. I wish I could say I am going to the gym but I doubt I will. I want to put up my Halloween decorations and go to the coffee shop. I may go, I don't know.

Water yesterday: 64 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Thanks for the link.
    @theslightedgeforever Your trip sounded wonderful. I can’t get many steps because of my hip and knee arthritis. I use a cane to get around. I’m thankful for what I can do.
    Hi,all. I hope everyone is doing well. Last night I made a Skinnytaste recipe from the new cookbook, shrimp with tomatoes and orzo. It was a hit and I didn’t mess up.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Thanks for the recipe. Now that I'm back I need to start making healthy food again. Did you go to the gym? Make a plan to go tonight. Think how good your body will feel.

@fabgeekmom I hope you are able to do alot of stretching. I had just started arthritis in my hip and was having pain and that has really helped me. I can tell this past month when I didn't do any stretching how stiff my hips were. Despite all the movement. Your recipe sounded good. 2024 is going to be my year to start eating some seafood other than fish.

Today my body feels tired but I pushed it to the gym to make sure I closed my rings. I think cause my resting heart rate was 47. But I put on my clothes and my shoes. That was the first step.
    I was over about 160 cals. But I did track everything.
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I do some stretching and also every morning I do my therapy exercises. Ice is also a big help. I closed my rings, too. That’s a great feeling.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom I ordered that cookbook, I can't wait to get it.

@theslightedgeforever I did not go to the gym, the morning was busy. The afternoon, my stomach was hurting badly so I rested. Good job going to the gym!

Hi all. As I said to slightedge above, I did not go to the gym yesterday nor did I put up my Halloween decorations. I hope to put them up today. My husband is also off work today so we will be busy I'm sure. Yesterday, I did sort through some of my clothes and I have a bunch of bags to take to the Goodwill today.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld You will not be disappointed with the cookbook. I’ve made 2 recipes so far: the juiciest turkey meatballs and the shrimp orzo. Sorry you are not feeling well.
    Hi, all! It’s cloudy and dreary here. Luckily today is a swim day. I made Skinnytaste Dad’s Cauliflower soup yesterday for lunch and have l leftovers for a few lunches. Last night I prepared a Skinnytaste air fryer pork chop recipe. Tonight I am doing an air fryer chicken cutlet recipe with fresh mozzarella and cherry tomatoes.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all, I am here, just no time. The baby NEVER sleeps and has to have someone with him at all times..totally exhausting. I have been staying up late at night just to catch up on emails and stuff. I am sure this phase of my life will be over someday.

I have tried to eat clean this week and not doing very well. But if I keep practicing...LOL

cbabie