NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    @cbabie Oh, I remember those days! I hope it gets better.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Its good that you are so consistent with your therapy exercises. The meatballs sound good.

@trooworld How is your stomach today? I was reading your quote. What good choice did you make today?

@cbabie Yes just keep practicing at eating clean. It will eventually become a habit.

I finally got groceries so I can plan out my food better and start staying within boundaries.
    No exercise today.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,154 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom I'm excited for the cookbook! Thank you. Your food sounds delicious as usual.

@cbabie Oh gosh, that does sound exhausting! Hugs.

@theslightedgeforever It's better but it hurt yesterday. I tried Prilosec, I tried Tums, and finally what helped was making some ginger tea with fresh ginger. I ate cod and veggies for lunch, that was my healthy decision. Good you got healthy groceries.

Hi all. I have a headache, always something. I will take something soon. We are off to Disneyland in less than an hour.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    Hi, all. Dinner was good last night. We had air fried chicken cutlets with tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. Recipe was from Skinnytaste’s first air fryer cookbook. The husband and son had theirs on a hoagie with French fries. I had mine on arugula with baby potatoes and delicata squash. This morning I am making air fried pork sausage with 93/7 ground pork. Also in the air fryer. Recipe is for ground turkey but I thought the ground pork would be good. @trooworld Disney Land sounds fun. I went there a few years ago when we went to LA. I don’t do rides but I think my son found tame rides for my husband and I to ride.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld I hope you are having lots of fun at Disney and you will be getting in so much movement. Yaay on your cod and veggies.

@fabgeekmom Good choices you made with potatoes and squash instead of fries. I made a similar choice today. I had carrot chips instead of potato chips.

I went to the gym today and did 40 min. hill/sprint program and stretching. I made a black bean enchilada casserole tonight. Ignored every time my hubby has offered me food today. With the exception of lunch. He made me a turkey burger.
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Those were good choices! It’s hard to turn down offers of food but so worth it. And I find if I keep saying no, they stop offering.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I am here. I went on two walks yesterday with my baby girl and 1 year old GGS. I got my kitchen cleaned, I can't stand cooking in a messy kitchen. I am one of those that has to clean as I cook. I made a Greek yogurt parfait with strawberries and a half banana, after the first bite, it was much better and I might make it again today. Plans got changed so I didn't cook dinner, I had a bowl of cereal. DH ate left overs and well everyone else had to fin for them. I just keep trying to make better choices each day.

@theslightedgeforever Glad DH made you a turkey burger...My DH hates to cook them. Good for you for getting food and exercising..want to come do my grocery shopping? LOL

@trooworld I am so sorry you had a headache, but sounds like you will be having fun. I have never been to Disney and really have no desire to go. LOL

@fabgeekmom LOL it has to get better, your meal plans and dinner sounds yummy. LOL but so does what your DH and son had.. :)

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @cbabie I’m glad you got to walk. I also clean as I cook.
    Hi, all! My Doha’s a cold so I’m doing all the cooking. Last night we had ribeyes and a salad with goat cheese, walnuts and pomegranate molasses. Tonight we usually go out to eat but are eating at home. I am going to prepare Ina Garten’s salmon with broccolini and teriyaki sauce. I’m retired and decided years ago to take care of my health. And I love to cook!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Disneyland was a lot of fun! Your food sounds yummy, as usual.

@theslightedgeforever OH yes, had a great time and a great step count! See below. Great job Friday.

@cbabie Great job with the walks. I am the same way about kitchens. I had a great time lol.

Hi all. I had a great time yesterday. LOTS of walking. We stayed until 3 pm and then went and checked into the hotel and took a nap. Back at it and stayed until 9 pm. Left at 5 am this morning. I am exhausted. My husband doesn't seem to understand or respect my physical limits. It's frustrating. He wanted to drive home last night after Disneyland. I told him no way.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

1yhqhcsis9ww.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @fabgeekmom My hubby is a big food pusher. All your food sounds good.

@cbabie Excellent job on the walks. You could order your groceries online and then go pick it up. So easy now. I never think about doing it that way cause I'm old school but it would save so much time.

@trooworld Awesome step count. I hear you on respecting your physical limits. I felt that way with my daughter on this last trip.

I stayed within my food boundary. Went to the gym for 43 min. Treadmill/upper body strength training/stretching. Plus took a walk for 40 min with hubby. Now to repeat tomorrow.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Thank you. Yes, it's frustrating. Sounds like you had a great day yesterday!

Hi all. I didn't do too much yesterday, just rested. We did take the dogs for a short walk after we picked them up from the kennel. Today, we are celebrating my MIL's birthday and allegedly mine as well, although it's really all about her. I was not asked what food I wanted or how I wanted to celebrate. It's frustrating and disappointing.

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever That’s hard having a food pusher.
    @trooworld I’m glad you have limits and rest when you need to.
    Hi, all! Salmon was good last night. I bought a whole fillet and have leftovers for lunch today and maybe tomorrow. My son is feeling better so we are going out to eat at a nearby Italian restaurant. I always get the same: half order of manicotti, salad and a slice of Italian bread with a small pat of butter. I’ve been cooking for forever so it’ll be a nice break.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yes, definitely have to. I love Italian food. By the way, I got my new Skinnytaste cookbook but haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

Hi all. I didn't eat much yesterday, just a bagel in the morning and then at 2, I had some quiche, salad, potatoes and a little dessert. I didn't eat dinner. I don't feel like going back to work today but I have to lol. I put up more Halloween decorations yesterday and still have more to do but it's looking pretty spooky in here! We are supposed to have crab enchiladas for dinner. It's a recipe from Sam the Cooking Guy's website.

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I remember not wanting to go to work after a weekend or holiday. The Sunday scaries. I have made 2 recipes from the cookbook and am doing another tomorrow night.
    Hi, all. I am feeling tired today as I had some insomnia last night. I’m going swimming today. I’m making an instant pot kale, tomato and white bean soup from America’s Test Kitchen. It’s actually not too bad calorie wise.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld I'd be bringing a cake with my name on it and those big candles. Plus some kind of dish of my favorite food to the gathering. I had read once Give yourself what you wish others would give you. g26nrjqs18us.png
    Then of course when they say something you just say Hey we share a bday. Sharing is caring with a smile on your face. But then that's me. >:) How were the enchiladas?

@fabgeekmom Probably in earlier years I trained him to share his food with me. I can see myself saying "at least you could have offered". So now he offers. lol Even if I say no thanks. he keeps at it. Could just be he feels guilty about munching and wants a partner in crime. I had insomnia last night too. My legs were hurting. I put on my support stockings. Still couldn't sleep. Took some melatonin. Finally slept about 2:30 this morning. Your soup sounds good.

Today walked 36 min with hubby. Food was over 268 calories.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yes! What have you made that you have liked? Sorry about your insomnia. I hope you slept better last night. Your soup sounds yummy.

@theslightedgeforever LOL that's what I should have done. :D The enchiladas were really good. My husband made them. Good job with the walk and food wasn't too bad.

Hi all. I picked up a bug at Disneyland, I had a sore throat yesterday and was feeling rundown so I came home early. Today, I have a stuffed-up nose and scratchy throat. I don't know if I am going in or not yet. I'm still waking up.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I have made : pages 146 and 231( used turmeric instead of saffron). Tonight page 217. The rest of the week pages 157 and 185. Sorry about the bug.
    @slightededgeforever the cake looks good. I slept better last night. Keep saying no when your husband pushes food on you.
    Hi, all! Everything is good my way. My husband and I are going to Sam’s Club this morning. I’ll do a cycling workout when I get home.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom mmm all that looks good. I scheduled some things for next week from that cookbook: Skillet Andouille Sausage with Potatoes and Vegetables (145), Coconut Red Curry Lentils (116), and Sheet Pan Lasagna (135). Thanks. I love Sam's Club. Enjoy your day.

Hi all. Still not feeling well. I worked until 11 am yesterday from home and will do something similar today.

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Sorry you don’t feel good. Your selections sound good. I’ve been thinking of the sheet pan eggplant lasagna. I don’t know if you do Facebook. If you do there is a Skinnytaste community. A lot of people post what they make. The pork last night was good. My tenderloin was a little too thick and didn’t cook well in the 30 minutes so I put the pork under the broiler for a few minutes.
    Hi, all. I hope everyone is doing well. My cousin brought us raisin kugel ( noodle pudding) that she had made. We ate it for dessert. I had 2 pieces as it was so good and we don’t get it often. Today is a swim day. I’m making turkey burgers with sweet potatoes for dinner tonight.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld oh no! I hope your not getting sick. Can you beat your water intake from yesterday?

@fabgeekmom Thanks for posting the info on SkinnyTaste. I'll check and see if they have an Instagram account. I bet there are alot of hashtags out there with it.

Yesterday: Under 212 calories/74 min walking, lower body weights, stretching

Today: Under 228 calories/ 30 min hill/sprint program