NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,154 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thank you! I do belong to the Skinnytaste group on FB. I haven't visited for a bit, maybe I'll pop in there and see if anyone has posted reviews from the new book. I've never had raisin kugel but have been curious about it. My mind can't wrap itself around noodles and dessert lol. Enjoy the swim!

@theslightedgeforever I've been sick since Monday lol. I do need to work on my water intake, it's been horrible. I did beat it today, yay! I will try to beat it again today. Great job the last couple of days!

Hi all. I'm feeling better now. I will work from home today but then go in tomorrow. I've been tracking the past couple of days. It's been a while since I tracked. Water is so important for me. If I don't drink enough, I either maintain or gain. I know this yet I still struggle to get it in. I have tried everything and the thing that helps the most is to track my water intake on the MFP app...I love to see it add up.

Water yesterday: 36 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Good job with exercise!
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I’m glad you are feeling better. Last night I made the sweet potato ground turkey burgers with the roasted carrots also frytge book. Both were good. Kugel is usually eaten with a meal especially at a Jewish holiday. It has noodles, eggs, cinnamon, cottage cheese and of course sugar.
    Hi, all. I slept late this morning as my husband woke me up coughing in the night. He eventually got up and went in another room. My son is off today and is making vegetable soup for lunch. I’m making the chicken gnocchi for dinner tonight.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all, I have not went back to read all the post. My life just gets away from me. The little one and trying to get baby girl to school on time, the mornings..just go swish!!. I really did feel better eating this clean week program off bodi. I have to get back to it. went off track, which is always what I do, but it made me realize, just eat good food and I will be okay! LOL The baby now walks to the back door when I get home from taking baby girl to school and tries to open the door. He wants to go a walk every morning...so I think I found my walking partner..LOL

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @cbabie You have a lot going on! Raising children takes it out of you. I love the idea of walking with your son.
  • alexpufhal3382
    alexpufhal3382 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve had enough of WW, wasn’t the right place for me anymore. Trying a different approach since my weight loss has stalled again.

But looks like the same issue here, ladies only :(
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @alexpufhal3382 I am a former lifetime member of WW. I joined MFP because I was gaining on WW. Too many 0 point foods. My doctor recommended MFP. I have lost 10 pounds since March.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Good to know about the burgers. Kugel sounds good. Hopefully your husband isn't getting sick. Vegetable soup sounds yummy.

@cbabie Good food is where it's at! The baby sounds like he will be good to get you out of the house lol.

@alexpufhal3382 We welcome all genders here, don't be shy! There are some good conversations and advice going on here. Welcome. I was on WW for years and eventually gave up on it.

Hi all. Yesterday was such a long and painful day. I was on my feet almost the whole day (which didn't translate into a great amount of steps, btw). Part of the problem was I wore the wrong shoes for the day: boots that were tight with heels. I was miserable and almost crying by 2 pm. I changed into some tennis shoes I had at work but my feet never recovered lol. I didn't do too bad food-wise yesterday but I didn't track either.

Water yesterday: 64 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Sorry about your sore feet. There’s nothing like a pair of comfortable shoes.
    Hi, all! Yesterday was a good day. I had an appointment with my rheumatologist. I weighed 10 pounds less than I did six months ago. The nurse and doctor didn’t say anything but they didn’t say anything when I weighed 10 pounds more. I was supposed to get a Prolia injection for my osteopenia but the lab screwed up and the doctor didn’t get my calcium results. So I had to go to the lab to get another test. And had to wait as they were short staffed. My son grilled New York strips for dinner that were so good! I tried the spinach and mushroom recipe in the cookbook that was just okay. I won’t make that again.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thanks. You are right! Congrats on your good doctor's visit and being 10 lbs down. MMMM I love steak. Good to know about the spinach and mushroom recipe. If I make it, I will modify it. I told my friend about the cookbook and she ordered it, too.

Hi all. I had a good day yesterday: I went to the coffee shop in the morning and people watched and read, went to the park and read, at night my husband and I went to the zoo and walked around and then I came home and cooked Cincinnati chili. I had purposefully ate light during the day so I could enjoy the chili guilt-free. I ended the day with 9,958 steps. Today, I am going to "adaptive yoga". I also have my "silent book club" which meets every Sunday via Zoom (we talk about books for an hour and then read whatever book we want for an hour). This will be my first time attending the meeting, I just joined. I'm making Meat Lovers Pizza Quinoa Bake for dinner- https://fitfoodiefinds.com/meat-lovers-pizza-quinoa-casserole/ and I'm making homemade bread in our Ninja Foodi.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld My son said that the spinach needed half and half. The quinoa recipe sounds good. Yoga and book club also sounds enjoyable. Hi, all. Cooler weather has finally come to the East coast. Plans today include a walk, Peloton cycle workout, grocery shopping and dinner at my daughter’s house.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    @alexpufhal3382 Welcome to the group. I'm just getting my stalled weight loss train moving again.

@trooworld How did that quinoa pizza bake turn out? So far I haven't found any quinoa I really like.

@fabgeekmom Congrats on the 10 lbs. Major achievement. How far to goal? Did I ask you this already? I'm having a sense of deja vu. Could just be travel lag. lol

I'm back from our Lake Superior get away. We did two hikes on Friday. One was 1 hr and then the second was 1.5 hours so I clocked a little over 14000 steps. But it was windy and rainy and 40 some degrees. I'd rather be sitting sipping hot cocoa and reading a book. But I did it. We saw some wonderful fall foliage. So pretty.

Back to regularly scheduled programs tomorrow.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Ah okay. Thanks! I wish your cooler weather would come here lol. It was in teh high 80s yesterday here.

@theslightedgeforever Funny story about that later. You might like that recipe since it's "Pizza-like". Wow, that's great hiking! Good job.

Hi all. Well, I didn't make the quinoa casserole because it always seems this happens: we went out and about and came home and just wanted to sit reading and relaxing. So, we had leftover Cincinnati chili for dinner. This means I will get a salad for lunch at work today. We are making Skillet Andouille Sausage with Potatoes and Vegetables (Skinnytaste Simple, p 145) for dinner. Book club was fun, I read a lot and enjoyed the conversation. Yoga was good but my husband ticked me off before I left: I was going to eat a bagel for breakfast before I left but he said, "It seems that is counterproductive, isn't it? You should be eating some of the fruit we have." and I was so ticked, I dumped my bagel in the trash without a word and angrily munched on an apple and a cheese stick. It ruined my mood for yoga.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I only have about 3 pounds to lose but I could stay at my present weight as I am in the healthy BMI range. In January I will decide if I want to go on Maintenance. Right now it is hard. I could lose more if I were stricter but I don’t think that is sustainable. @trooworld It’s too bad your husband made you mad. Consider telling him when you are not mad that those comments aren’t helpful.
    Hi, all. I went for a walk yesterday and it was pleasant outdoors. I also rode the recumbent bike. Dinner was at my daughter’s house. My son made Taylor Swift’s iced chai cookies. I ate one but wanted another. They were good and so rich. My son and daughter are Swifties.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Your bagel story made me smile. My hubby has a one certain idea of how people SHOULD lose weight. He's not afraid to share it with me either. LOL So how about for next time 1/2 bagel and a piece of fruit. I had a bagel yesterday with my omelet and I almost never do because of the carbs. Just too many for me. So I've been learning to just have one half. It also saves me on the cream cheese calories. Plus I get all the vitamins and minerals in the fruit.

@fabgeekmom That's great that you are so close to maintenance. I've often heard people just slide into real maintenance. Their bodies let them know what is the correct range. I like some of Taylor Swift's songs. Good for you for riding the bike.

I did not exercise today. My son is visiting so I spent most my time with him. I'll make up this day at the gym on Saturday. Tomorrow's plan is some hiking.

• cbabie
    Options
    Good evening all, this is the first time I am sitting down at my computer. I have missed some good conversations. I didn't eat too well today and my tummy is telling me so. I was emotionally eating today. Babygirl didn't have school today, so I had two in the stroller walking...you know 2 weigh more than one...LOL Got my workout pushing up the hills. I had to laugh, most of my FB friends are out walking with ski jackets on...I am out in shorts. :open_mouth:

@fabgeekmom Great job for being 10lbs less when you saw your Dr. I am waiting on my first shot...waiting on the blood test to come back..LOL

@trooworld My DH used to do that to me and I would get so upset...you know he can eat the whole pantry and never be pudgy...he is as thin as a rail..I guess if I smoked all day and drank coffee all day and only ate from dinner on..LOL. Sorry you lost you mood...next time I hope is better

@theslightedgeforever I could hear mom saying...you shouldn't should on people...have you ever told DH her famous saying? LOL

@alexpufhal3382 Welcome..join in on the conversation and know we are all here to encourage each other. I am glad you found us and stopped by.!!

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom I thought about it but I just let it go because I think if I would have said something, it would have caused us to fight and I wasn't in the mood for a fight. A nice walk, good for you! And recumbent bike, wow great job.

@theslightedgeforever Yes, that's how my hubby is...he thinks he knows what I should be doing. Grrr! That would have worked. Enjoy the time with your son and enjoy the hiking!

@cbabie Well, you got your exercise in pushing 2 kids! LOL Yeah, it's been hot here too. My hubby lost a bunch of weight so now he thinks he knows it ALL lol. Thank you! Glad you stopped in yesterday.

Hi all. I'm doing okay. I didn't track yesterday but will track when I am done. I'm looking forward to the cool weather, once it shows up. Right now, it's been in the high 70s/80s. Not fall weather lol.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld You’re right. Sometimes it’s easier to say nothing. @cbabie Good for you for walking with 2 children. I remember that exercise helped a lot with stress when my children were small. @theslightedgeforever I am fortunate in that seldom does anyone say anything about what I eat. Yes, I think I am in maintenance mode so I will continue with what I am doing.
    Hi, all. Yesterday was frustrating as I lost my cane. I think I left it at the grocery store. My husband went to check and no one saw it or found it. I think I left it at the checkout when I was paying and didn’t notice that I didn’t have it until I got home. I must have been in a fog. I ordered another one and should get it today. Last night we had a quick simple meal: burgers with frozen French fries in the air fryer. Pickles and pickled red onions were our only vegetables.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I am trying to start fresh again today. I have to get some things in priority and move on. I feel better, I got up got dressed ( not leggings) and put my hair in a braid, make up and took baby girl to school, came home fed the baby, ate breakfast and now catching up on emails.

@trooworld I laughed (sorry). when you said its hot, we are still in the 90's.. I am so done with hot and ready for fall and turtlenecks..LOL Can you send your 70/80's here now?

@fabgeekmom So sorry about your cane, glad you are getting another one today. Yes walking is a stress reliever for me. I never tried air fryer for burgers..is it messy? Do you have any tips? The 2 kids are good when walking in the stroller. I get to get out of my environment..LOL

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @cbabie It’s not really messy. A little cleaning is necessary. Actually it was the French fries that were air fried. I wasn’t clear. I have air fried burgers. There was a Skinnytaste recipe with ground beef, Gouda and mushrooms that I tried and was good. I use my air fryer every day. Today it was ham and cheese sandwiches.