NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    @cbabie My cold is better. Sorry about your cold coming back and the dogs. My son is grilling the chicken and I am roasting potatoes and green beans. Simple tonight.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,154 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yeah, I was disappointed. Thanks, me too! I'm glad you are feeling better. Quick and easy is the way to go when you are sick. My husband is making Hasselback Feta Chicken Bake (from ST Simple, p. 150) and a side of roasted broccoli.

@cbabie I'm sorry about the pups. It's hard enough to put one down, let alone two. I would be devasted. I hope you feel better soon. Okay, I'll let you know about the walking pad...it's coming no later than Saturday. I wish it were fall-like here, still hot.

Hi all. We ended up ordering pizza. I had 2 slices, it was really good. I'll have 2 slices for lunch today. My stomach hasn't been hurting me so I must be eating pretty decently besides the pizza.

Water yesterday: 60 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld The chicken recipe is one I want to try. Pizza is always good! I’m making the recipe with the spaghetti rings tonight. I am doubling the recipe so we can have leftovers for dinner tomorrow. My daughter, her husband and my granddaughter always come over on Tuesdays. We’ll have garlic bread with it. The garlic bread is frozen so we only have to heat it up in the oven.

Hi, all! I’m doing much better. I exercised yesterday. Today I am going to the recreation center to do the recumbent elliptical. My husband and I are participating in a fitness challenge. We have to go 3 times a week. At the end of the challenge we get a tee shirt. My son grilled chicken last night and roasted string beans and potatoes.
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @diannethegeek I really don’t want to use another app. The thread doesn’t get buried as I get a notification when someone posts.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom It was pretty good. Ooh I want to try that rings recipe. Let me know how you like it. I'm glad you are doing better. That's great you are participating in a fitness challenge. 3 times a week is a good amount. Who's diannethegeek? I don't see a post by her.

Hi all. I had my performance review yesterday, it went very well. I tracked yesterday, I was over but I did track. I did pretty well on water yesterday. I'm still waiting on my Yeti Tumbler to be mailed to me, hopefully it comes soon.

Water yesterday: 70 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld She posted yesterday about using another app instead of this forum. I responded to her because I don’t want to do that. Good job on the performance review and tracking. The rings recipe was a big hit! I doubled it and thought I would have enough for tonight. Wrong! It was that good so there was enough left for my son to take to work and another if he wants it tomorrow. Tonight I am making the pork chops Parmesan (page 206).
    Hi, all! I’m drinking coffee now and relaxing before I go to the recreation center. I’m still coughing but feeling much better. It’s a lot cooler on the East coast. It makes sleeping
    much better. It’s sunny now so that always feels good. Last night I realized that I bought 85/15 ground beef instead of 93/7. I decided not to sweat it.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Does this Yeti bottle do something special? I'm trying to figure out why it is so expensive. lol Tell us how you like your walking pad.

@fabgeekmom Glad you are feeling better. Sleep is so important. I think quick and easy meals are the way to go especially if you are still feeling your cold. As long as everyone is satisfied.

@cbabie Maybe you now have more than a cold and might need some antibiotics. Beef is so expensive these days. I guess we are probably lucky that hubby can't eat red meat. Cause he used to have to have meat twice a day. Now it's just chicken or turkey. I wonder if I ate candy corn that way as a kid. I've just never been a water drinker. But now I'm working on my thinking. All day today as I drank water I would say I like to drink water. Drinking water helps me lose weight. Hopefully it will recreate some neural pathways in my brain. Just like you saying your mantra, Fall is here. :) Come here and you'll find fall. lol

I did a 37 min walk. Went to the gym for 31 min. Drank 81 oz.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Oh that's weird, her post doesn't show up for me. Yeah I am fine here, too. Thank you! Oh I have to make the rings recipe, I know I will love it. My husband made a seasoned pork tenderloin in the air fryer and we were supposed to have creamed kale with it but our kale was bad. We ended up having creamed cauliflower with it instead as that is what we had. I'm so glad you are feeling better. You can always rinse the ground beef after sauteeing if you want to get rid of some of the fat, sometimes I do that.

@theslightedgeforever It's very well made, it has two tops: it's kind of hard to explain but one top, you can take off and it makes it wide-mouthed so you can put ice cubes in it and easily wash it. The other top you take off and it is kind of a sipping lid. And of course, it keeps your beverage cold for a good long time. Plus I think the warranty is a lifetime warranty. I guess that's why? lol Wow, great job yesterday! I'm really impressed by the water intake.

Hi all. I am 96% done with my walking challenge. I've already decided I am going to do another challenge. They are revealing a Scobby Doo challenge sometime today that looks really cool: https://www.theconqueror.events/scoobydoo/ I loved Scooby Doo as a kid so this one is perfect for me. My walking pad arrives tomorrow but unfortunately, I won't be able to use it until probably Monday night: my best friend is coming from CO and we are going to a concert and hanging out all weekend.

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Good job on the exercise and water!
    @trooworld Wow! 96% finished! I love a challenge, too. The pork was good last night. Tonight I have some thawed sea bass that I am going to prepare. I might do it in the air fryer. I also have some rainbow carrots that I want to roast.
    Hi, all. I slept late this morning and it felt good. This afternoon I have a mammogram appointment and then I’m going to Sam’s Club. I’ll do a cycling workout after breakfast.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Thanks for the info on the Yeti. Yaaay on almost finishing the challenge. You can do it. Then move on to the Scooby Doo challenge. How about you and your friend go somewhere and take a walk and talk even if it's just around your neighborhood. Maybe get your 97-100% done.

@fabgeekmom How was your cycling workout? I've never had rainbow carrots.

Today has a been a do nothing day other than checking in here. Well not really true. I'm working on finishing up my bottle of water and that will give me 72 oz. I tracked all of my food today.

• trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thanks, I actually finished yesterday morning! I'm glad the pork was good. I love sea bass. Rainbow carrots sound fun. You must be feeling better now? We had air fryer chicken fajitas last night, one of my favorite recipes.

@theslightedgeforever I finished yesterday morning. We are going to go for breakfast by the beach and walk on the boardwalk. Good job tracking. 72 oz is a good amount of water.

Hi all. I did it! I had given myself until Feb 15 to finish the Dia de los Muertos challenge but I finished early yesterday morning. I went ahead and signed up for the Scooby Doo challenge and my best friend signed up, too, so we are going to be a team! We are going to go to the beach today and walk after breakfast. We are going shopping and then to a concert tonight. I lost a pound this week.

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever My cycling workout was fun. I love the Peloton app. Good job on the water.
    @trooworld The carrots were good. I just sprinkled paprika, garlic powder and thyme on them and roasted them at 450 for about 20 minutes. I made the skillet fish with caramelized shallots on page 227. I didn’t have shallots so I used onions. It was very good. I also made noodles with a little butter and pecorino Romano cheese.
    Hi, all. My son is off today and is going to make America’s Test Kitchen tomato soup for lunch. Dinner is our usual steak and potatoes. I’ll do another cycling workout.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld That's good you got in a walk with your friend on the boardwalk. Sounds so relaxing. Congrats for finishing your first destination. Plus the 1 lb loss. Woohoo.

@fabgeekmom The carrots sound really good. I could make them with just regular carrots. I love tomato soup. Enjoy your workout.

Today hubby and I took a 27 min walk. We were waiting to go out with my daughter and she was running late so I said let's just go out and walk until she calls us. Nice day out there today. Then we went out to eat and I had a cherry almond salad with chicken. I ate half and I'll have the other half tomorrow.

I didn't sleep well last night so I'm probably going to bed early. Water was 43.5 oz. So I'll try again tomorrow.
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever That was a good idea to go for a walk. The salad sounds good and it’s nice to have leftovers. Also discipline in only eating half.
    My steak was good last night. I saved half for lunch today. I also have some delicata squash and tomato soup. My husband and I are going to the recreation center. It’s our last day in the challenge this week. We’re eating Thai tonight. I’m getting the tofu noodle bowl.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom The carrots do sound good. I sub onions, too, when I don't have shallots. It works fine. Enjoy the soup and steak. I'm going out to eat.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah we didn't end up walking on the boardwalk because my foot was hurting. But we did eat breakfast right on the beach. Thanks! That was a great idea to walk until your daughter was ready. Good job with the salad!

Hi all. I had a good day yesterday filled with fun. Today, we are going to a gem show and then going to dinner in Little Italy. It's going to be busy down there, there is a chalk art festival going on.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Too bad about your foot. Breakfast on the beach sounds good. I remember Little Italy when we went to San Diego. We ate at a nice restaurant there. When we were in Rhode Island last year we ate at an Italian restaurant there in Little Italy. My 11 year old granddaughter wanted to know why there was a Mexican restaurant there. Food was good and I wasn’t tracking or counting anything.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thanks for reminding me about my salad. I forgot all about it in the refrigerator. I guess I'll have it tomorrow then. How was your tofu noodle bowl? You made me laugh about the Mexican restaurant in Little Italy.

@trooworld Sorry about your foot. Breakfast on the beach sounds nice. You always have lots of interesting things to do and see. How about add another glass of water to your total? I'm celebrating 1/2 bottles these days.

I tracked my food today. That's about it. Well I checked in here. That's something. Currently at 48.6 oz of water. I'll probably be able to get in another 17 oz before I sleep.

I journal on Penzu and usually everyday they will send me via email one of my past entries either 1-4 years ago on this date. Sometimes it's good rereading and sometimes not because I see where I am stats wise now vs then. Last year on this date I had written about how I was doing the hill/sprint program and on the hill part I was at a 2.8 mph and was going to bump it up to 2.9 in November. I'm currently doing a 3.0 I didn't even remember that I started at a 2.8 So that was a nice NSV for me to read about. Because I started the entry realizing I am one lb lighter than I was this time last year. I said Geez that's really maintenance. It's okay to maintain if I'm at at healthy goal which I'm not. So more work is needed.

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Good news on your progress. One pound less is good but you know what to do to lose more. The tofu noodle bowl was really good and not very spicy. Ha! Ha! I’m glad I reminded you to eat the salad. I don’t have my progress from last year as I deleted my WW app since I didn’t want to pay for it. But I know I weigh less. Since the weather has been cooler I have been wearing jeans. Last year they were tight and now they are comfortable. I have lost my muffin top!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yeah some days are worse than others. Do you remember the name of the restaurant you went to in Little Italy? I love it down there, it is so energetic and fun. That's funny about your granddaughter thinking it was a Mexican restaurant...cute. I didn't track yesterday.

@theslightedgeforever Thanks. It was nice. I NEED to drink more water. I am going to bring a recyclable water bottle with me today. Yesterday, water was bad. 48.6 oz isn't too bad, good job. And yay for tracking your food. What a great NSV! It's good to read those older journal entries.

Hi all. I had fun yesterday: we went to a gem show at the fairgrounds where I bought a glass Buddha pendant. Then we walked around looking for some beads to put with the pendant. I didn't see anything so we decided to go to Old Town San Diego to a bead shop that we love. I found some nice yellow amber beads (1,000,000+ years old), blue antique Dutch glass beads (made in 1500-1800 AD), some green Hebron beads (1300-1400 AD) and some vintage yellowish serpentine donut-shaped beads to put together with the pendant as a necklace. I used light blue cotton cord to string the necklace on. It came out really nicely. I also got these cool green uranium glass beads to make a necklace and earring set. We walked around a bit there and then later went to Little Italy for dinner. I had spaghetti & meatballs and some focaccia along with some wine. We also had chocolate opera cake for dessert. My husband met us down there afterwards and we walked around Little Italy. Then we went for a beer and walked around more. 9,643 steps. This morning, we are headed to the beach for a nice walk on the boardwalk. Here's a picture from last night with my necklace I made, my glass of wine and plate of oil/vinegar for the focaccia, and the outside of the restaurant.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

1vslmqjz7zr3.jpg
    7b2hnmr90lxk.jpg
    82qc7qp1l6h0.jpg