NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all, I went for my morning walk with the baby and have done not too much but entertain him until just now...Just got him in bed. Baby girls homework is done and then in a few I will go start dinner.. so that is probably all the movement I will get today.

@trooworld Hope you feel better..maybe low blood sugar? Your out fit is so cute...You look awesome.

@fabgeekmom I personally don't like fish, but I have to cook it for my family. Glad you have a son that can grill. Glad you didn't get sick from the shot. I learned from my pediatrician, that there is live flu virus that they use and then a non live one they use on the kids...lol

cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    @cbabie A walk and entertaining the baby are good activities. Speaking from experience, children don’t stay little long so enjoy those times! It’s cool outside and I am glad my son doesn’t mind grilling. That’s good that you prepare fish for the family even though you don’t like it.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Your salad sounded good. Plus you got in extra water. Woohoo! How about if you commit to once a week on the Tonal? Your dress is so cute. I hope the dizziness is gone.

@cbabie Yaaaay on your walk. Is there a way to do 5 min of weights tomorrow? I think you have bands, right? You could use those. How about McDonalds fish sandwich? :D I'm selective when it comes to enjoying fish. I'll eat salmon and other fish if it's filleted. I know we grew up eating catfish. You didn't eat the catfish? All I remember is be careful of the bones. lol Which is why I know only eat fillets. Oh and no fish in tacos for me. lol

@fabgeekmom I need to get my flu shot too this year. Mashed potatoes sure sound good.

Good news was that I didn't use all my weeklies. I saved 2 for today. Tomorrow I get a whole new bunch. I lost 1.6 this week so counting points is working for me right now. Today I went to the gym and did treadmill 30 min and 40 min strength training and did an additional 10 min walk around the property. Water was 51 oz.

I had a lot of fun at Malibu Barbie cafe yesterday. Played like a kid. They let me substitute my fries for a salad. So that was good. At first no substitutions. I ate half the cupcake after I decorated it. Another fun thing. Since it was Halloween parents brought their kids to Mall of America for trick or treat and so all the kids were getting candy from each store. Plus on the first floor they had queues set up to go around and get candy. I just liked looking at all the costumes. Both adult and kids. I just had alot of pink on. LOL

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,150 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thanks! I'm glad you don't have any side effects. I love salmon. We are having taco salads tonight, last night we had buffalo chicken egg rolls in the air fryer.

@cbabie That's good you got a walk in. I thought about low blood sugar. I don't know? I ate something, took a long nap and woke up feeling a bit better. This morning, I woke up dizzy again. Thank you!

@theslightedgeforever It was good. I don't want to commit anything with the Tonal for now. I'll think about it. Thanks. Wow, great job with the loss and not eating all your weeklies! And the gym...and water was pretty good, great job! Malibu Barbie cafe sounds really fun. Actually, I still want to go to that mall lol.

Hi all. I am still dizzy this morning. Not as bad as yesterday though. I will go to work. I messaged my doctor to see what she wants me to do. As I'm getting older, things that wouldn't be a worry when I was younger become worries now. I don't want to take any chances.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Good news on the weight loss! You have found what works. You made good choices by substituting a salad for fries and eating half of the cupcake. It is fun watching people in their costumes. @trooworld I’m sorry you are still dizzy. That was a good idea to call your doctor. Taco salads and the buffalo chicken egg rolls sound good. Hi, all. My son said it was too cold to grill salmon so I cooked it in the broiler. I used a Skinnytaste recipe for Teriyaki salmon in the Simple cookbook. It was so good and we have leftovers for lunch. I’m staying home today so I will do a Peloton workout on the bike.
  • cbabie
    Options
    I am sitting at the Dr waiting waiting waiting..LOL. I will go for a walk when I get back home. We'll BP is 108/70...guess I am all good. Lol

@trooworld Yes, you are right, you have to take care of yourself as if we get older, they mean different things, now they were getting older, LOL.

@fabgeekmom That's probably what my husband wants is too cold to cook on the grill. Glad you found a recipe you guys like, and you have buffed over today. Great job on getting on the bike and staying at home.

@theslightedgeforever Yes, I could probably get in 5 minutes of weights today. Baby boy could probably help haglad you enjoyed the Barbie thing at the mall

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yeah the buffalo chicken egg rolls were really good. More on dizziness in a bit. I love that new cookbook!

@cbabie That's good BP! Yeah I hate getting old lol.

Hi all. So I talked to my doctor yesterday and she wanted me to go to the ER or at the very least, urgent care. I left work and arrived at urgent care at about 12:30. Was there until 3:00 until they couldn't figure it out so sent me to the ER so they could do imaging etc. Was at ER from 3:30 to 11:00 pm! They did a bunch of tests only to determine it was vertigo but a different kind than I've had before. I came home, ate something (which is probably one of the reasons I showed a gain on the scale this morning) and went to bed. Woke up with a HORRIBLE migraine (probably from dehydration: they wouldn't let me drink anything). Took some medicine and feel better. Never had that taco salad, while I was at the ER, hubby made taco salad into tacos lol. I can work from home today which is a true gift...I will be taking naps lol.

Water yesterday: 10 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Oh, man, what an experience! It’s good that you can work from home. @cbabie That’s a good BP reading. I hate waiting at the doctor’s office. Hi, all! My chicken was really good. I borrowed 2 of my daughter’s Skinnytaste cookbooks and got the recipe from the Meals Prep one. We have leftovers for tomorrow night when we go back to the cottage. I try to bring something I can reheat in the microwave. Yesterday my son made cream of mushroom soup from America’s Test Kitchen. It was really good. More calories than I usually eat but I fit it in. We have leftovers for lunch. Tonight is steak night. I have New York strips from Sam’s Club.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, just dropped my daughter off at school. we have a date after school to get her hair cut and shop for her some lip gloss...she is girly girly...LOL I am going to go fix me some eggs, but wanted to pop in here..I am HUNGRY.. LOL

@trooworld so sorry about your er visits, etc. Thats how they usually go for me...which is why I don't ever want to go. I am glad they figured it out, hopefully it won't last. Yea for working at home..good DH, mine would have just said we find something..LOL

@fabgeekmom I never thought of making cream of mushroom soup..I am really trying to start cooking again and not eat so much processed food. Like I would like to get my elderberry juice made today...too much sickness in my house. LOL.

I hope you all have a great day.

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @cbabie Girl time is so much fun! My granddaughter used to have a lot of lip gloss. Everyone gave her some for Christmas one year. She could have opened a shop! I do eat some canned soup for convenience but I really like homemade better. I buy the Progresso light soups to have on hand. I ate scrambled eggs for breakfast. I love eggs!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Quick check in. It's been a busy day. I got in a 13 min walk only because I decided I would walk to the beauty salon just to get in a bit of movement. I got my roots redone and a haircut. I had to dip into my weeklies. It was that kind of day. Onto tomorrow.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yes! I love cream of mushroom soup.

@cbabie LOL already a girly girl, eh? :D Yeah, I knew it was going to be like that and so I just didn't want to go but they told me to go. I wish at least my husband was with me but when I asked if he wanted to come (not because I thought he would enjoy it but because I WANTED him to come) he said, "No thanks, I'm cooking dinner". :( Which was a pretty crappy response in my opinion.

@theslightedgeforever Hi and at least you went for that 13 min walk.

Hi all. I woke up slightly off-kilter today so I took some of the medicine they gave me, hopefully, it kicks in soon. Not much planned for today, just getting groceries and making "healthy granola" for next week. I may make some brownies as well. We are getting a Ninja Woodfire Outdoor Grill & Smoker today from Kohl's, we've been wanting one for a while but it was on sale + we got Kohl's cash for it. I think we will try to cook something on it today or tomorrow.

Water yesterday: 46 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Good job on the walk. Every little bit helps. We all have those days. @trooworld It’s too bad you are off kilter. I hope the meds help. There are things I do that my husband will not do. Like travel. So I go with our son. We have a trip to Yosemite in April. That was the trip I missed a little over a year ago when I broke my leg. Hi, all. I worked out on the recumbent elliptical yesterday. Our steak meal was yummy. I have half for lunch today.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @trooworld I hope they figure out what's causing all the dizziness. Next time maybe share with your hubby what kind of response you would have liked. He might be thinking he was doing good because he was cooking for you and you wouldn't have to.

@fabgeekmom Good job doing the recumbent elliptical. I have a hubby that doesn't like to travel other than see his kids. Now I just travel with my daughter. Life's too short not to do things I want to do. Yosemite sounds fun. I've never been there.

Today I walked 10 min treadmill and then did 35 min of strength training.
  • trooworld
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @fabgeekmom They did help, thanks! I've been wanting to go to Yosemite, that should be fun. Good job on the bike!

@theslightedgeforever He said that it could be caused by dehydration or sinus problems and I have both of those things going on right now. Yeah I should have done that with my hubby. Good job at the gym!

Hi all. I had a pretty full day yesterday: groceries, a snack and coffee at a bakery, dog training, beer at a brewery, a visit to the butcher, and then home to rest. We decided to get a more deluxe version of the grill/smoker thing and had to order it so it won't be here for about a week yet. We are going to the zoo this morning and then I will finally make that "healthy" granola! I'm also donating blood today.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I’m glad the meds are helping. All those things you did yesterday sounded fun. Really busy! I loved the zoo in San Diego. Hi, all. I walked the track yesterday while doing a Taylor Swift Peloton workout. It was supposed to be a run but I walked. With my son and daughter being Swifties, it rubs off. It’s nice and sunny today and I’m going to walk the track again. We need to get groceries for tonight so we’ll go shopping after lunch. I’m going to make us a burger and fries.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Hi all!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
    I had a cold last week so no greeting trick or treaters or dressing up with my sister and her fiancé. We were going to be Winnie the Pooh characters. I was going to be Kanga. But will save that for next year. Went to a buffet with my best friend and family Friday night. Enjoyed myself for the night. I ate but didn’t eat enough to be sick or anything like that. I normally get a real tree but I decided this year that it’s a lot of work and depending on family that have a bigger vehicle or trailer to bring it home. Mind you they do get their own tree but I just rather not have to inconvenience them. My friend has the same artificial tree so I was looking for something similar that won’t break the bank. After googling, and going to 3 stores I was about to pay full price for the one my friend has but happened to check out the Michael’s website whose having a 60% off Christmas tree sale and it happened to pop up! It’s not exactly the same but it’s similar and just shy of 50% less than what I almost spent. Even less of my #2 pick prior to finding it. Drove to the closest store that had it in stock, and to look at it in person and brought it home! Even got a new stand, star and bag. Now to decorating!

Hope everyone has a great night!

96mizs9m4mhb.jpeg
    rbxxf6xq3d2l.jpeg
    w8i1cvl7h8ls.jpeg

• trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yes, me too! It was really busy on Saturday. We love the zoo, too, so we bought passes last year and have kept them up. Great job with the walking workout! You can't go wrong with burgers and fries...we are having them sometime this week.

@gemwolf110 Hi nice to hear from you! I was Tigger when we went out for Halloween this year. I LOVE your new tree! It's beautiful.

Hi all. I wish for once I could come on here and say everything went as planned but it did not lol. Yesterday, we didn't go to the zoo. We stayed in and I DID walk on my walking pad but there is something going on with it, it has a slippery spot on it and when I hit that slippery spot, I almost fall off. I'm in contact with customer service about it. Other than that, I made a turkey breast in the air fryer (came out really well) with scalloped potatoes and steamed broccoli. I DID make my healthy granola which is actually not much healthier than regular granola, not sure what makes it healthy lol. This morning, I pretracked my meals for the day. We'll see how that goes.

Water yesterday: 40 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Good job on navigating the buffet! It is hard not to overeat when everything looks so good. I like the tree. We have had an artificial one for many years. @trooworld I am glad you didn’t get hurt. That sounds scary. I have never cooked a turkey breast in the air fryer. I like to pre track my meals, too. Hi, all. I walked the track yesterday. It was so nice outside. My husband and I enjoyed our burger meal. I ordered a new air fryer yesterday. I have wanted a basket type and the one I wanted was on sale on Amazon. It was one that America’s Test Kitchen recommended. So now I will have 2 air fryers. I might take the toaster oven style one to the cottage next year if I don’t use it at home. Now I have a small one here that I use.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I am getting ready to take the baby for our walk, but wanted to stop in here first. I ate some pancakes for breakfast...just been craving them...but used applesauce...(yes @theslightedgeforever apple sauce..LOL. Trying to begin this week better and hope it ends well.

@gemwolf110 so good to hear from you. Sounds like your making good choices and are doing great. I always have a "fake" tree...I don't like the smell or mess of a real one LOL

@fabgeekmom what kind of air fryer did you get from Amazon.. I have a toaster oven one, love it, but always on the look out for something better, since we use it every day.

@trooworld I would be on the phone with CS too if mine had a slippery spot. At my age a broken hip would not be good..LOL. You know life really never goes as planned, but what I see in you is you piviot and you make it work and that's really how life is and should be.

cbabie