NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all, jumping on again, just to check in. I will tell you checking in everyday, helps keep the motivation up for trying to get healthy. I do need to start tracking again, so that will be my next push. Trying to get the household free of sickness!!!
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    @cbabie I’m glad you are checking in. It’s always good to hear from you. @theslightestedgeforever I’m glad you found something that works for you. I agree that the points help us to make better choices. You’re getting results that you like. I don’t count points but I do use my experience with WW to help me make better choices.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,150 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom It was really a lot of fun. I think you are right about food tasting better when we travel. I'm glad you had a good swim. I wish I had room in the freezer for a turkey but we don't. I hope you enjoyed the dinner out! I'm making Texas Chili with a boneless chuck roast I got on sale. I'm also making some air fryer edamame for snacks this week.

@theslightedgeforever Me too. Yes! I'm glad food has been going well. Is the morning a better time to exercise? I find it is for me. That's great your boydfat % went down. Congrats!

@cbabie It does for me, too. I hope by the time you read this, everyone is on their way to healthy again.

Hi all. Another day of unhealthy choices. Today should be better. Today will be better. I have so much to do today. Lots of errands and tasks. I don't know how I will get it all done. This morning, I am meeting a friend for coffee. Then I have book club. Then lots of those errands and tasks. I'm overwhelmed by my day.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Wow! You do have a busy day. The chili and edamame sound good. Have fun with your friend. Hi, all!I’m still sipping my coffee. My meal last night was good. I always order a half serving of manicotti. That’s my favorite and something I wouldn’t fix at home. I’m going to workout on my recumbent bike today. I need to buy groceries for tomorrow and Tuesday. Tomorrow I’m making the white pizza from Simple. Tonight we go to my daughter’s house for dinner. She cooks healthy so it won’t be hard to track.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yes! I didn't get it all done, either lol. The chili came out really well. I haven't done the edamame yet, that is one of the things that fell by the wayside. You are so good to order half a serving! I've heard the white pizza is really good. Enjoy the dinner at your daughter's! We are making chicken shawarma wraps in the pressure cooker with Greek salad and homemade hummus.

Hi all. I didn't get everything done yesterday but I did get all my running around done. I still have to make hummus and air-fried edamame and also my breakfast for the week. I'm making a WW recipe for breakfast this week: Cheesy Cauliflower Waffles. It's really good, I've made it before. I skipped book club to get some of the stuff done, I just wouldn't have been able to do as much as I did if I went to book club. I got up earlier today (at 3:40 am) to get some more stuff done.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Your meals sound good. I’ll let you know how the pizza is. Hi, all. Dinner at my daughter’s house was good. She prepared a Skinnytaste recipe that was good. Today is a swim day.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    @cbabie Start by tracking one meal

@fabgeekmom That's the best thing...Good choices I like Skinnytaste recipes.

@trooworld I don't like morning exercise because I'd have to get up by 5:30-6:00 to get done. But if that's the only way to get it done I might end up doing it. Look back to your unhealthy choice day. What specifically could you have done differently?

I lost another 1.1 lbs This point counting is working
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Good job on the weight loss!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom We didn't end up eating the chicken shawarma last night but will tonight. I'm glad you had a good time at your daughter's.

@theslightedgeforever Ah I see. It's too far from that day to remember now lol. Let me see if I tracked that day...I did so...I could have had yogurt and berries for breakfast, not skipped lunch and found something to eat, I could have done the whole day differently. Congrats on the loss, I'm glad it's working for you!

Hi all. I am entering a period of depression. Yesterday was a very hard day to get through at work. Nothing happened, I was just not in the mood to "people" lol. My husband then got off work an hour late and by the time we got home, it was too late to cook. Luckily, we had some single-serving Rana lasagnas in the freezer and ate those. I tracked yesterday and drank more water.

Water yesterday: 72 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I’m sorry you are going through a period of depression. I get the not into people mood. Hi, all. My pizza was really good. I’m going to make it again next week as I have leftover ricotta and mozzarella. Next time I’ll let the pizza come to room temperature longer. I’ve gained 2 pounds in the last few months. I’m still at a good weight. I’ve been eating more calories lately although not going over my limit. My sweet spot for losing weight was about 1200 calories. I can’t seem to do that anymore. I might have to accept that I’m at a good weight and work to maintain it.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thank you. I'm glad the pizza was good. 1200 cals is really hard to do and 2 lbs over is not bad, you might be right. We are having Skinnytaste's Cheese Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf for dinner tonight from the website. I'm not sure if we are having cauliflower mash with it or roasted beets, my husband is cooking.

Hi all. Yesterday I realized that it isn't only depression, it's high anxiety. I took my anxiety medication at work and it helped some. I also made a couple of lists with steps on how to handle what is bothering me. That helped as well. I'm still depressed and anxious but I'm less so. I tracked yesterday and am mostly pre-tracked today.

Water yesterday: 40 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I am glad you are feeling a little better. I have made the meatloaf and it is good. Thanks for your words of encouragement about my weight gain. I was feeling anxious because the holidays are around the corner. I get this way every year. Hi, all! Yesterday I did the recumbent elliptical while listening to an audiobook. My son cooked dinner last night. Two recipes from ATK. Chicken poached in a soy sauce mixture and vegetable lo mein. Tonight my cousin and her husband are coming over for dinner. I’m preparing the Skinnytaste teriyaki salmon in the air fryer with salad and rice. My son is preparing ATK biscuits. A lot of calories. I have already tracked the meal.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Good Morning 😃🌞☀️ all!

So I tracked my food the last few days. Sheesh I should have never stopped tracking. Fell out of the habit and trying to get back into it is rough. Seems like I’m eating calorie wise double. Trying to figure out where to make cuts. Think I know where…no more ice cream at least during the week and I might stop partaking in the usual egg nog that comes about this season. I had already bought some so have to go through that. Can’t let it go to waste. And need to find a way to cut both half and half and sugar from my coffees.

Hope all is well!

~Missy
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thanks. I understand about being anxious because of the holidays. I am a bit that way, too. Good job with the bike! How nice that your son cooked. And those recipes sound delicious. That was a good idea to pre-track your meal. I hope it was good. Tonight, we are having California Roasted Sweet Potato Kale Salad with air-fried chicken breasts.

@gemwolf110 Yes! Good job. Yeah, I'm trying to get back into the habit as well. I am drinking Planet Oat oat milk creamer (caramel flavor) in mine...it is 25 cals per tablespoon and delicious. No artificial sweeteners. https://planetoat.com/products/caramel-oatmilk-creamer/

Hi all. I am slowly feeling better. I think it really helped to make the list. It's been a long week. It rained here yesterday and is supposed to rain through the weekend.

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Tracking is really eye opening! Perhaps you can gradually reduce the amount of creamer and sweetener in your coffee. The same about the eggnog. Small portions. I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk that I froth. My son bought me a frother a few years ago. @trooworld I’m glad you are feeling better. The salad and chicken sound good. Hi, all. My meal last night was yummy. The biscuits were really good and the salmon was cooked perfectly in the air fryer. We had a good visit with my cousin and her husband. Today I’m going to the recreation center. My husband and I are getting haircuts this afternoon. Our hairdresser comes to our house. We’re having salmon for lunch. For dinner I’m making the turkey burgers from the air fryer cookbook but I’m using ground beef.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    @trooworld So now you have a blueprint for having a good day. Do you have blueberries and yogurt in the house ready to eat if you need it? What about something easy to fix for lunch. Skipping meals just sets you up for being ravenous at the next meal. We all know what to do we just don't do it sometimes. I'm sorry you are down. Those times can be very hard. But it sounds like you are taking control of the situation. you did track and drank some water. Those are becoming habits despite how you feel. That's a good thing. Plus you didn't order take out when it was too late to cook. Another win.

@fabgeekmom I've always read that your body will let you know when you are at the weight you are supposed to be. Have you been less active this month? Have you put on muscle? How are your energy levels? Do you feel good in your clothes? All your food sounds really good.

@gemwolf110 It's so easy to stop tracking unless you make a conscious effort not to. Regarding the eggnog, "Can't let it go to waste" Think about how it's going straight to your waist. I agree about making the cuts. I was thinking today that when I counted calories what some of my normal portions would be didn't end up that high of calories but yet the same amount seems to be a high amount of points. I eat alot of things out of habit. So that needs to change.

I went for a walk this morning with hubby. I need to work on my recipes for the week. Since I've been home I'm just cooking things I normally cook cause it's easy.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all, I am sorry I have been away. I need to be here to be accountable. this week has been rough with the kids and being sick. The baby I was told by the dr had an ear infection, said his lungs sounded good, but I will tell you the cough sounds flemy & he coughed, woke up and threw up on me last night. Part of it is this...CVS "didn't have the amoxicillin, the Dr wanted to call in something else and I told her CVS didn't have that either...she said well call around and find out who does...(I must work for the dr's office and/or CVS). I was so frustrated, found one...went to pick it up,got it home and they neglected to put the liquid in it. I had to go back...meantime baby hasn't had any for 2 days since taking him to the DR. Well that is behind me and I am moving on.. I have seen a pattern in my eating..eat everything early in the day and then at night I am not really hungry. It is so not me....I think I am eating out of being anxious..LOL.

@gemwolf110 Yes it's hard to track after not tracking...I am still fighting it.. LOL

@trooworld I hate depression..I fight that a lot. I could not live in Washington where it always rains. LOL. I am glad you are finding other ways and not just staying there or not eating it away. Good job.

@fabgeekmom I love that you are thinking that this might be a good weight for you and you are thinking you might have to accept it..that takes courage. I am not sure I can do that.

@theslightedgeforever good for you for walking with DH. I would have to PAY my DH to take a walk or at least have coffee to bribe him with. LOL

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightestedgeforever Walking with the husband is good. Sometimes I go for the usual and easy meals and other times I try new recipes. I love Skinnytaste. As for your question of my activity, I don’t think I am any less active. I do have a history of holding on to weight no matter what I eat and how much I exercise. I’m doing good to weigh what I weigh now. @cbabie What a nightmare with the medication! I hope the baby gets better. It’s hard to take care of yourself when you are stretched so thin. It sounds like you know what you have to do.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    It also helps if the egg nog was in the right measurements…1 cup. Not 5! Lol whoops!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thank you. The salad was good. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with your cousin and her husband. That's nice that the hairdresser comes to you. Enjoy your day and dinner!

@theslightedgeforever Yes but unfortunately, I've eaten it too many times and it's not appealing to me anymore. Lunch is easy because it's leftovers from the night before. That's true about the takeout. That's great you went for a walk with hubby.

@cbabie That must be frustrating having the doctor tell you that. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Some people don't eat when they are anxious but I'm like you and eat. I hate depression, too. I have a friend who just moved to WA state and I don't know how she is going to do because she suffers from depression. She seems to love it but winter hasn't quite hit yet.

Hi all. It's a bit stressful and a bit sad at my house: my BIL might have to go back to the hospital, he's not doing well. So, for now, we have not made any Thanksgiving plans because we won't have Thanksgiving if he's in the hospital. I'm feeling pretty stressed.