• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    95uo66o5ov3n.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,150 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom That's a great plan. How did it go?

@gemwolf110 I hope you had a great Thanksgiving, too! :)

Hi all. I had a good Thanksgiving and hope you did, too. I am still suffering from vertigo and that poked its ugly head up here and there but overall, it went well. I didn't get a second plate but my plate was fairly full. HealthyWage is offering a FREE $5,000 Turkey Trot Step Challenge. I have done HealthyWage challenges in the past but have failed at them. I decided to do this one this time only because it is free. They set the step goal at 25% over your normal step achievements based on your device sync. Mine for today is 10,169 which is pretty hard for me but we'll see. Here's the link, if you do decide you want to join: https://www.healthywage.com/referral/step-challenge-3/free-5000-turkey-trot-step-challenge-2023/11896261004761

Water yesterday: 50 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @fabgeekmom That's a great plan. How did it go?

@gemwolf110 I hope you had a great Thanksgiving, too! :)

Hi all. I had a good Thanksgiving and hope you did, too. I am still suffering from vertigo and that poked its ugly head up here and there but overall, it went well. I didn't get a second plate but my plate was fairly full. HealthyWage is offering a FREE $5,000 Turkey Trot Step Challenge. I have done HealthyWage challenges in the past but have failed at them. I decided to do this one this time only because it is free. They set the step goal at 25% over your normal step achievements based on your device sync. Mine for today is 10,169 which is pretty hard for me but we'll see. Here's the link, if you do decide you want to join: https://www.healthywage.com/referral/step-challenge-3/free-5000-turkey-trot-step-challenge-2023/11896261004761

Water yesterday: 50 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

That’s and awesome challenge. Sorry to hear about your vertigo that can be very annoying. I didn’t even finish my plate.
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 It sounds like you are mindfully. Good job! @trooworld The plan worked well. Yes, I ate more than I usually do, but I was expecting that. I ate small amounts and didn’t get seconds. I ate more dessert than I should have but it could have been worse. Good luck with the challenge. Hi, all. I’m going swimming this morning. It will feel good to get in the warm water. Tonight we go to my cousin’s house for leftovers. Same plan as yesterday.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Thank you. Yeah I hate this vertigo. Good job!

@fabgeekmom It's once a year, I think it's fine to eat more than usual. Thank you. Enjoy your day.

Hi all. I love this long weekend. I'm enjoying every minute of it. Yesterday, I didn't do much. We did take a few walks and I did some online Black Friday shopping. I got a food sealer system and a countertop ice maker. Today, I have to get some groceries and do some other chores. Have a great day.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I’m glad you are enjoying your long weekend. I agree, it’s one time a year for overeating. Everything I ate was good and I have no regrets. We are in the holiday season so I know there will be a few occasions. My cousin is taking about a Hanukkah meal plus of course, there is Christmas. I’ve have done okay in the past so I know I can handle everything. Hi, all. My son is moving ATK chili tonight. I’m buying 93/7 ground beef so the calories will be less. After breakfast I’m going to the recreation center and then buying groceries for the week.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thanks, me too! That's good you have no regrets, same here. Tis the season for celebrating but we just have to be mindful. You've got this! Chili is one of my favorite things in the world lol.

@cbabie @theslightedgeforever Did you both go on vacation together???

Hi all. I got my groceries in the morning yesterday. When I got back, we did a spring cleaning on our condo. Lots of getting rid of things and organizing. We aren't done yet but we made a difference. Our living room was starting to get cluttered. Today, I hope to get a Christmas tree and put some decorations up. Also, put together the Ninja Woodfire Grill and grill something on it. I bought ribs from Sam's Club but I also got a cheap fresh turkey from Amazon Fresh ($5.50!) so either of those would be good smoked.

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Decluttering is very helpful. I remember what we had to do before we sold our house in NC. The wood fire grill sounds great. My husband has been making a wooden table without legs to put a train on it. He painted it green. The Christmas tree will go near it. He and our son will put everything up today. Hi, all. I slept late this morning and it felt good. We’re going swimming as it’s supposed to rain today. My daughter is making a Skinnytaste recipe for dinner.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    I've been reading. That's what I've been doing. I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday. My food points are just a little over what I want them to be but I'm trying to get them down. I need to shave off about 2 every day. I went to the gym this morning since I skipped the last couple of days. I need to be very careful this next 5 weeks. My December calendar has already started filling up.

@cbabie Have we ever taken a vacation together? I don't really remember one.

• trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yes, it's a lot of work but worth it. I used the grill/smoker last night for the first time and there is a definite learning curve since it involves an app and I've never used anything like that before. But the ribs I made came out well, I think I didn't hit the smoker button or did something wrong because the smoke flavor didn't come through. I should have followed the directions but I winged it lol. The train table sounds nice. We put up a miniature Christmas village every year. It's a lot of work and I don't know if my husband will want to continue it for that much longer. We have a train for it but that was for when we had a bigger place. Now, we can't put the train up. Not enough room. That's nice your son will put everything up, he sounds like a good guy! What did your daughter make for dinner?

@theslightedgeforever Ah ok. I wanted to read over the weekend but no time. How did you do last December? I forget.

Hi all. I just got an email from WW to join for Cyber Monday for $5 a month until Fall 2024. It's tempting but I don't think I will do it. I wouldn't follow that plan any better than I am following any other plan, unfortunately. I need to start tracking again. I think part of the problem is that I have my diary set so friends can see it and that's making me hesitant to track everything because I feel like people are judging me. I just changed the setting so hopefully that will help.

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld She made crock pot sazon pork chops with peppers, olives and potatoes. It was good and very hearty. I made bread in the breadmaker and only ate 1 slice. The WW app is tempting but I would only use it for Connect. That’s the only part I miss. I will always track calories as I think it is easier. Hi, all. I finally got the nerve to weigh this morning. 2 pounds up but I was expecting that. My husband said he loved all of me. I’m going to the recreation center this morning to use the recumbent elliptical. We had to buy a new Christmas tree as our tree had so many lights that were out. It’s up and now we have to decorate it.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld I lost 3 lbs last December. But I had gained weight during my stay with my dd like I do every summer. So usually Nov, Dec, and Jan, are losing months for me. Then we hit Feb which is always a gain month. This year I lost weight during my summer visit so now my body is confused. lol Maybe no one is looking at your diary. I have enough trouble following my own problem to worry about anyone else.

@fabgeekmom What did you like about Connect? We moved over here right when WW switched and I didn't use it.

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I loved getting to know people, seeing what people ate, how they struggled and overcame those struggles. It was much easier to use than Community on MFP.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom That sounds delicious. I agree about WW. What your husband said is sweet. Sorry you had to buy a new tree.

@theslightedgeforever Maybe it's a good thing that your body is confused. Yes, some people were looking at my diary because they would make comments about what I was eating. Nothing really negative, more just "Yum!" or "Great day!" so I know people were looking. I don't think they would judge me, but I was judging myself.

Hi all. I am pretracked for today for the first time in a couple of weeks. It feels good and I know it is important. Yesterday at work was very laid back: I think a lot of people took the day off so it was nice being there, I got a lot done.

Water yesterday: 40 oz

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I decided to not go make a bed and stop in here. I know it's been a long time. I just can't seem to get everything done. Spent most of last week rearranging furniture. My grandson and his wife will be here over Christmas and I already am bursting at the seams...so trying to make more room for people and decorations. LOL. I did pretty good at Thanksgiving, but it's not my favorite holiday..Christmas food is...the getting together with family though..LOL. Need to work on my exercise.

@trooworld your DH was so sweet to make that comment..and yes you have a beautiful Christmas setting. You are making good choices...

@fabgeekmom Sounds like your family is getting into the Christmas spirit...I bet that table without legs is going to be fun to see all done up. Yes it's one time a year and we should not feel guilty about enjoying it.

@theslightedgeforever NO, we have never went on a vacation together, unless you count driving back from I love you very much to FL with Dad and Mom..LOL

cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @cbabie It’s fun getting ready for family. I’m thankful that all my family is local. Christmas food is really special. My son goes all out and we enjoy it for a few days. @trooworld Good job on pre tracking. Hi, all. I’m going swimming today. My son is preparing an ATK sheet pan pizza for dinner. He’s using low-fat cheese and turkey pepperoni so that should help lower the calories. It’ll still be high calorie. I will eat 2 or 3 slices. Lunch today is leftover dinner from last night.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @fabgeekmom I like to do that on Instagram. Just look at pics with #ww sometimes #wwrecipes
    Sheetpan pizza sounds good.

@trooworld All to easy to judge ourselves. I need to get unconfused I will tell you. I'm basically maintaining right now. Pretracking is the way to go. I need to get back to that myself. When I was carb cycling it was easy to just pretrack and then cut portion sizes to get to my magic number. I need to do the same thing with points.

@cbabie Vacation: sad It's nice when family can get together. Bonus is the food.

I went to the gym this morning did a little cardio and weights.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I'm glad you stopped in. You've got a lot going on. I love all the Fall holidays. LOL I need to know what sweet comment my DH made, I can't remember lol. Thank you for your support.

@fabgeekmom Thank you for your support. Yum about the pizza and good job with the swimming.

@theslightedgeforever Yes, it is. Maintaining is better than gaining this time of year but I know that's not your goal. Yes, get back to pretracking. Way to go, getting to the gym!

Hi all. Well, I did well with tracking for the most part. I did get into some chips while cooking dinner and didn't track them. :( But I went back and track the chips. I never seem to have enough time to do what I need to do (e.g. make the video about the treadmill problem, decorate for Christmas, etc. etc. etc.!).

Water yesterday: 40 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Good job on tracking. Also on tracking the chips. This is a busy time of year and it’s hard to do everything.
    Hi, all. It’s cold here. It is 29 now. I’m going to the recreation center this morning and then to the grocery store. I’m making shrimp with gnocchi and tomatoes from the Skinnytaste air fryer dinners cookbook tonight.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld That's good you went back and tracked the chips. Do you have some cut up veggies or fruit that you could snack on if you get hungry while you cook? So since there are always more things that need to be done during this time of a year, what are your priorities. Maybe scheduling one a day instead of looking at the long list you have and feeling overwhelmed. You can say today I'm taking care of X

@fabgeekmom Your recipes always look interesting. I don't ever seem to take the time to sit and plan out my recipes. I seem to be a recipe collector versus actually making them.

I went to the gym this morning and did my hill/sprint program. I need a mindset when it comes to food. Right now it seems I'm relying on habit instead of consciously deciding on my meal. Time to form new habits as my go-to.