NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Your Halloween celebration sounds fun. Also the beef tips I’m sure was a good meal. Hi, all. I’m on the way back from the Outer Banks. My meal yesterday was good even though I think I could make it better ( grilled tuna on salad). I did taste a French fry and ate a hush puppy. I walked the track this morning and did a body weight workout. Tonight we are having rib eyes, baked potatoes and roasted zucchini.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all, I have had some long days. I decided to go back on a med for anxiety. I went off of it, cause it made me lethargic. Well now I am tired, but I am not sleeping at night, so that is what I am saying it is. We will see. I looked at some blood work I had done and it caused me some concern, but evidently not enough for the drs to be worried. It just is showing me I really need to be health conscious. I am trying to tell myself that and wondering what will the wake up call be and will I be so mad at myself knowing I could have slowed the aging process by good food. I know some of this will straighten itself out as the baby gets older, but... LOL I want that magic pill.

@fabgeekmom I LOVE hush puppies..LOL. good for you for walking the track. You seem to always find a way to move and that is good. I at least walk the baby every morning after I take my daughter to school..he loves it and I need the movement.

@trooworld I laughed at you saying he wanted "ME" to cook...glad you did. I would have done it grudgingly. LOL. You always love to dress up. I love your creativity.

@theslightedgeforever you got this...sometimes I wish I was counting points..I ate the same thing all the time and KNEW what food was what point..easy peasy.. It's cooling off here now so it's better walking outside. LOL

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @cbabie That’s tough being tired and not sleeping. I’m glad you’re able to go for walks with the baby. I always feel better after I get some activity. And eating healthy food, too. I hope you feel better.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,150 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom So far, it's been fun! I love seared tuna salad. Your dinner sounds yummy. I'm cooking a turkey breast, cheesy broccoli and stuffing. I'm making stuffing tonight instead of Thanksgiving because there is always a controversy surrounding it lol: my husband's family like this janky cornbread dressing and I prefer classic bread stuffing so I'm going to make it early in hopes that I can avoid making it on Thanksgiving day.

@cbabie That stinks that with the anxiety medicine, you are lethargic but without it, you can't sleep. I want that magic pill, too. lol Yes, I cooked lol. I like it when he cooks although I don't like putting the leftovers away! I did do it grudgingly. ;) I do love to dress up. It's so fun.

Hi all. So yesterday was fun! Here is a pic of me in my "DJ Dewey Decimal" costume and a closeup of my nameplate/necklace that says READ. My mouth looks funny because I have a diamond (CZ) studded grill in lol. People at work got a kick out of it. Tonight, we are going out downtown and in a few different neighborhoods via a Lyft. It should be fun.

Water yesterday: 30 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

bfa5ttafgag8.jpg
    o7oc835nx7rd.jpg
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I love the picture! The turkey, broccoli and stuffing sounds good! We always use Stovetop stuffing mix. Everyone likes that and it’s easy! My son made homemade stuffing a few weeks ago and it was good. It was the traditional bread stuffing. He put a spatchcock chicken on top. That was yummy!
    Hi, all! My steak dinner yesterday was good. I have leftovers for lunch. My son made a chocolate cake with blue icing in reference to Taylor Swift’s new album which has a blue cover. It was so good! I was tempted to eat another piece but my son said, “Step away from the cake!” So I left it alone. Plus we are saving the rest for my daughter and her family. The weather is beautiful here. We have a few more days in the 80’s. I went to the recreation center and worked out on the recumbent elliptical. So that was the third day of the challenge.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon all, I am trying to get me sleep better...I ended up telling the other adults in my house to watch the baby and my daughter so I could take a nap. It was only a 30 min nap, but it felt like a few hours...so body doesn't ache right now. I made these "healthy" pumpkin pancakes...no go... I will try again in case I missed something. LOL. I am making some homemade applesauce...we will see how that turns out.

@trooworld I love the out fit and your attention to detail. You and my sister would have a great time together in a dress up costume environment. LOL. I like the bread type stuffing..but I do love cornbread...I might like the other, just never had it LOL I hope you don't have to make it at Thanksgiving, and glad you can enjoy it now. I always wondered why we couldn't have Christmas food on Thanksgiving or my birthday, or easter...LOL

@fabgeekmom LOL too funny about your son...I need him around. My family just lets me eat and then I feel awful and am in a bad mood cause I ate too much..I guess my DH has lived with it for almost 50 years..why change..LOL. I love the blue frosting idea to go with a theme...sounds like you guys have fun in life...good for you.

Cbabie

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @cbabie I’m glad you got a nap. Do that more often. Yes, I am lucky to have my son. He said that without judgment and I knew he had my best interests in mind.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I made regular lasagna this week and needed more sauce too. I'm using up all the groceries I know my daughter won't eat. I usually cook chicken fajitas once a week so when I go to a real Mexican restaurant I want a taco or burrito. lol But since I only go about 1-2 times a year I guess tacos it is. lol Was it your hubby's turn to cook? Say okay I'll cook but I'm going to do my treadmill first. If he's too hungry he can cook or eat some fruit or something. Put on your own oxygen mask first. I was thinking of shirataki noodles today. Love your costume idea. Good water intake.

@fabgeekmom Your cottage sounds wonderful. You sound like you have everything planned out for your food and exercise. I looked up pictures of the Sound.

It snowed here today. So I walked the halls of my daughter apt building to get in some steps and I climbed the stairs. I'm going back home next Sunday and I'll be glad to do some dancing/dance videos anytime I feel like it to burn some calories. Can't do that here because of the neighbor downstairs always complaining. I went to the gym today and increased my incline and speed on the normal program I do so I could get in some Zone 2 minutes.

I'm doing an app called Treeceps. Its a fitness game. I paid for a year. I figure my health is worth it, right? Kind of like a farm where animals eat grass. In order to get grass on your farm, it goes by your daily steps. Then they give you 3 days of strength training per week where you earn more stuff for your farm. It has a lighthouse that grows or changes with how many flights of stairs you do. It's very addicting. lol If you don't meet your step goal then you don't have enough grass to feed your animals. So for now it's a good incentive to move my body. The Healthi app is going well. I'm also tracking here on MFP. So when the dr asks me about my carb levels, I'll be able to tell him. Water was 42.8 oz I lost 0.7 lbs this week.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thank you! I like Stovetop but I also like homemade stuffing. I didn't end up making it last night, I will make it tonight. I grabbed Panda Express instead. We spatchcocked our turkey last year and it came out so well, I think we will do it again this year. Congrats on stepping away from the cake and your 3rd day of the challenge, well done!

@cbabie I'm glad you got a nap, good for you! I anticipate at least one nap today for me lol. Yum, pumpkin pancakes sound good and so does homemade applesauce. I do love to dress up! You can have holiday food any day of the year! I am hoping I can behave myself on Thanksgiving if I have some of these things now lol.

@theslightedgeforever You can't go wrong with tacos lol. You are so good, at going on the treadmill first. Snow! Good job going to the gym. Yes, your health is worth it. That's what I figure with those challenges I've done. That app sounds fun. Congrats on the loss! Yeah!

Hi all. This will be short, I only got 3 hours of light sleep last night, we stayed out until 1 am and then stayed up for another hour. I am TIIIIIIIIIRED. We had a lot of fun: lots of walking and going to different parts of the city. We danced and drank some drinks as well. I got over 11,000 steps before midnight and another 1,377 after midnight. I decided to wear my husband's Tigger costume from last year and it was a hit. I'm going for a walk with a friend who just had weight loss surgery this morning at 9:30. I do not feel like it.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

gmgtd5xt69nc.jpg
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I’m glad you have found a fun way to get activity. That definitely is what it takes. I hated PE in school and now I get upset if I can’t get activity. Yes, tacos are always good. My husband and I share the chicken fajitas when we go to a Mexican restaurant. I’m impressed that you had snow. We get snow so seldom. @trooworld Wow! What a night! I love the picture!
    Hi, all. I’m finishing my coffee. I will go for a walk around the neighborhood as it is so nice outside. Last night we went out to eat with our daughter, her husband and our son. We always have a good time when we go out. My husband and I got the salmon, orzo with roasted tomatoes and asparagus. It was good. I only ate half the orzo since the portion was so large. My son and I are going grocery shopping this morning. Trying to plan for the week.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, just a quick stop by. I did get the walk in with the baby later in the day. Now my 5 year old has a stuffy nose...does it ever end? We have a birthday celebration today, my grandson's birthday was last Sunday, but we are celebrating today..so cake it is..LOL

@theslightedgeforever good for you...I can see you competing against the ap..LOL Like baby girl sas... I am the winner!!!

@trooworld love the costume..sounds like you moved and had fun!! that's what it's really all about.

@fabgeekmom I too need to get groceries...we are almost out of everything. Not sure how I will fit it in today, it may have to wait until morning...well at least the stores won't be too busy.LOL

cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    I think I missed a whole page of comments.....

@fabgeekmom I think you did well at the restaurant with balance. You tasted some things you liked. Think of your former self. How many fries and hushpuppies would you have eaten? I had never heard of a recumbent elliptical. I had to go look it up. Learning lots of things today. How many days is your challenge? I would love 80 degree weather right now. I don't tolerate cold well. The older I get the worse it seems to be.

@cbabie You know there's no magic pill. The magic is inside YOU. Just waiting for you to decided to claim and use it. I'm glad you took a nap. So why don't you count points? The Healthi app is free. I don't like "healthy" recipes. They never taste as good as the real thing. I'd rather just eat smaller portions. I was just thinking, what do you think is Christmas food other than fudge and divinity. lol What can you do for fun? I was trying to imagine you dressed up in a costume. No can't see it. Although I do remember a pic when you were younger. I think you were a hobo. Happy bday to your grandson.

@trooworld I loved the costume. The necklace too. Where did you find that? Yes, we would have fun dressing up. I was a saloon girl my last costume party. I won first prize. I'm sure it was my strut I did. I had to look up what spatchcock meant. lol Wow you got in a whole bunch of steps as Tigger. You look cute.

I met my step goal today on my app. I went to the gym and got a new cat for my farm. lol Just finished my dinner. I waited til I was done with my exercise. 42 oz water
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yes, lots of fun! Thank you. I'm glad you've got nice weather, it's been nice here too. Sounds like you made a good choice at the restaurant. Good idea to plan.

@cbabie Good job with the walk. Kids are always sick, huh? lol Enjoy the birthday celebration. Thanks, yes, had a lot of fun.

@theslightedgeforever I got the necklace custom-made on Etsy. Not expensive either. Saloon girl is a good costume! HAHAHA strut. Yeah spatchcock is a relatively new cooking method. I did get a bunch of steps and had fun. Great job with your steps and waiting on dinner! Pretty good water too.

Hi all. I took 2 naps yesterday and then went to bed early last night. I am sure I will be affected by lack of sleep all week. I decided to quit the Y for the following reasons:
    • Since it is getting cold out, I've been just doing the yoga and stretch classes which don't burn many calories. I don't feel it's worth paying for.
    • They changed the membership types and now, if you want to reserve a popular class such as the water classes, you have to have an elevated membership.
    • The only time the classes I want to go to on the weekends are available are in the morning. I often have things to do in the mornings.
    • I have my walking pad now and can do that instead.

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever The recumbent elliptical is really a great way to exercise since the standing one is too strenuous for me. I had never heard of one until I joined the recreation center. I agree about eating real food although I use a lot of Skinnytaste recipes as hers are not diet recipes, just healthy ones. I’m not sure when the challenge ends. It’s no big deal as we go at least 3 days a week ordinary.
    @trooworld Yeah, sometimes the gym is not convenient. It’s good that you have your walking pad. It’s good that you took naps.
    Hi, all. I thought my cold was gone but my cough came back. I feel okay. I resumed taking cold medication. Yesterday I walked around the block. I rode my recumbent bike while watching Virgin River on Netflix. I’m trying to finish season 4 and 5 before a new season comes out in November.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon all, I took baby for a 18 min walk, burned some calories and have been on the go since. I am making chicken and dumplings in the crockpot for dinner. I won't eat them, but the rest of the family will. I will probably have a turkey burger.

@fabgeekmom so sorry your cold is back. I know every other day, my throat seems to hurt for a bit. Don't know if that is a result of the cold, or I am still having that due to the thyroid surgery I had 2 months ago. I am leaning on the cold..LOL. I hope you feel better soon. Kind of nice to exercise and relax watching TV..

@trooworld I think you made a good choice for the gym. I like the gym once in awhile, it's kind of a mental thing..but I really like working out in the comfort of my own home. :). Good for you for the naps. I wish I could take the naps...I am really one of those once I am up I am up. If I wake up at 3 and I usually stay up afraid I won't wake up at 4:30...(unless baby wakes me up) LOL

@theslightedgeforever. I can see your strut...:). You. have a lot of mom in you..LOL. I am the serious one. I am trying to remember the hobo...I remember dressing up as Raggedy Ann one time. Yes Christmas food is sweets. Well birthday cake..LOL. I do both, healthy food and regular food...just try to not eat all day sugar food...LOL

cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Are you still doing your Tonal? My son and I were talking about that tonight. We started talking about augmented reality and then virtual reality and then health/fitness ways to use that and I was saying it would be neat to have a hologram as a trainer next to you and then he mentioned Tonal saying it's sort of like that. lol I told him you had one I think. Maybe it was a different machine.

@fabgeekmom Sorry about the cough coming back. I walked outside today when I probably shouldn't have. It was about 36 and the wind was ferocious. I have reactive airway disease and cold weather is one of my triggers. I start coughing and then can't seem to stop. When I think of diet recipes it's like substituting applesauce for the oil. The texture and consistency is never the same. I understand the concept so people can have more muffins if they want for less calories. But I'm really trying now not to eat food I don't enjoy. It's really not worth the calories to me.

@cbabie Yummy chicken and dumplings. Did you roll them out Granny style? I would come eat them for you. But I was good and ate my turkey burger no bun. I cut it up and put it on my salad that I had left over from lunch. You have a good consistent habit of walking going. Keep it up. Plus you chose the less calorie food over the yummy calorie-laden dumplings.

I used up 3 of my weekly points today. Tomorrow they'll probably all be gone. Going to Malibu Barbie Cafe in Mall of America. The vegan cauliflower bowl wasn't offered when I first made reservations last month. :/ I bought a new furry pink sweater for the occasion. I walked for 10 min outside and then came inside and walked the hallways of the building for another 13 minutes.
    Then went to gym and walked 30 min on treadmill later. Water was 71.2 oz

• trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yes and it doesn't make sense to pay that money for me right now. I'm sorry the cold came back. Good job with the bike and walk!

@cbabie Good job! I love chicken and dumplings and have made them in the crockpot before, it comes out really well. Yeah, I also didn't like feeling like I HAD to go: my husband put the stipulation on me that if I didn't go for a month, I had to quit. I can only nap for an hour before I wake up again. I suspect I will be like you soon though.

@theslightedgeforever I haven't done the Tonal for about a year now. My husband uses it all the time though. No the Tonal is kind of like that. There is also something called The Mirror that is kind of cool, my SIL has it. That sounds like a fun way to use your weeklies. I would love that sweater. Great job yesterday!

Hi all. It's getting cold here in the mornings. It's probably 49 outside right now. I tracked yesterday and the day before. I went over but at least I tracked. Today, for Halloween, I am wearing a 50s-style dress with pumpkins and ghosts on it with a petticoat under it. It should be a fun day. I drank a little more water yesterday than lately. It took great effort lol. I'm still waiting for them to ship my replacement YETI tumbler. Had a salad last night for dinner that was really good, it had pomegranate arils, blue cheese, clementines, shredded brussels sprouts, chicken breast and candied walnuts on it with a homemade dressing. Tonight is buffalo chicken egg rolls in the air fryer with sauteed swiss chard.

Water yesterday: 62 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, took the baby for a walk AFTER getting groceries before coming home from taking baby girl to school. I ate my Turkey Burger and it was yummy!!!

@theslightedgeforever No I didn't roll them out like granny...I wonder if mom had her recipie? I would love to make them just once...LOL. good for you with the sweater!! I bet you looked great!! It's been in the high 50's in the mornings here.

@trooworld I bet you look adorable!!!! It's been high 50's here in the AM. Dinner sounds yummy.

cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Sounds like you are doing really well! Way to go! Here is a pic, everyone at work liked the outfit. We ended up getting pizza while we were running around. :/

Hi all. This will be quick, I woke up very dizzy and off-kilter. I did not go to work today due to that. I had fun yesterday, here is a picture. I'm feeling less dizzy now.

Water yesterday: 60 oz

jdgzemm7bvnk.jpg
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I hope you are feeling better. I love the dress! Hi, all! Surprisingly, I don’t have any side effects from my flu shot. My husband and I went to the recreation center and then to Sam’s Club. We bought salmon, steaks and broccolini. My son is grilling the salmon tonight. I’m making mashed potatoes as we bought too many potatoes and need to use them up. I bought a big piece so we’ll have leftovers.