NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    o5uxku4vy169.jpeg

Good Morning!

@fabgeekmom how did Peloton go? I’ve fought about getting one but unsure 🫤 sounds like your having a great weekend!

@trooworld Thai food sounds yummy!

@Neds1980 congrats on the loss! As for the cake, I would insist on small pieces. That’s what I do. Have small piece of everything so I get the taste and enjoy it without getting sick or overstuffed.

Busy Sunday already! Got my food shopping done for the week. Well I already realized I forgot two items so I gotta go back whoops! Also got photos hung up and slowly making my home more of a HOME than something just I’m living in. Had a rough few years in the past and this year I’ve been getting out of that funk slowly. Have so many plans for this little house.

Think I’m going to add a goal of writing what I’m thankful for and my hopes/dreams. Get it on paper instead of just thinking about it.

Have a great New Year’s Eve everyone!

~Missy

eziw7i3692xs.jpeg
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,255 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Nice goals. I need to work on portion control too. I made Asian Chicken and Broccoli (think beef and broccoli). It was so good but I didn't realize how many points the ramen noodles had. So next time I will serve it over cauliflower rice.

@saybyebob Welcome to the group! I'm curious about your username. How did you come up with it? I had my own theory. :D I'm prediabetic also but not on metformin. I'm working on moving more too. Not the exercise part just not sitting as much. I'm trying to finish a book for bookclub this week and so I opted for the audio part today so I could listen to it while I did some work in the house. I normally don't like to listen to books but I don't like being fat either so I have to make little sacrifices here and there.

@cbabie I keep telling you that's why headphones were made. Just pop them in and turn them up and you don't hear anything you don't want to. I just read you will tune out the dogs when they bark. Babies and husbands can also be tuned out same way. lol You still have eyes to look at them and make sure they are okay.

@gemwolf110 Nice goals you have set for yourself. Do you have any particular goal in mind for the financial part? More savings? Less debt? What would be the action verb in that goal? I'll be doing tonight what I do every New Years Eve. Wishing I was at a party somewhere. Preferably hotel. Dh will go to bed early. I'll sit and wait for midnight to come. I like to watch the ball drop in NY and then listen to Frank Sinatra.

@trooworld What kind of exercise can you do while waiting for dh to set up your walking pad?

@Neds1980 Yaaay on your weight loss. I say enjoy the cake on the birthday but then leave it for others after that. Tell yourself you know what it tastes like. It's not going to change. Keep your goal in mind.

I thought I got on yesterday but didn't evidently. Too many posts. lol I went to the gym yesterday for treadmill, weights, and stretching. Today was the treadmill.

Well the scale moved finally. Wrong direction. Up 0.9 lbs. I checked my weight NYE 2022 and I was 0.2 lbs heavier. So basically with all my losing and gaining I've maintained my weight. I am not at goal. This is not acceptable. This time next year I want to see 30 lbs gone.

Right now I'm focusing on my snack points. Trying to reduce them to a certain level. I've noticed that breakfast will always be my biggest points. I like breakfast. So I will tweak the other meals to start losing again. I have continued this week to preplan the meals I will cook. That helps alot.
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 I love Peloton! I don’t have the bike but I use the workouts on my recumbent bike. My daughter has a Peloton bike and loves it. Good job on meal prep. I have a rough idea of what I am preparing. I have tomorrow taken care of and most ingredients for the rest of the week. @theslightedgeforever The Asian chicken and broccoli sounds good. Sometimes I have a high calorie dinner and plan the rest of the day around it. I love listening to audiobooks.
  • saybyebob
    saybyebob Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Happy New Years Eve!

Made it through the evening by no eating after 6:30 last night. Today I'm going to start tracking my water a little better.

I also got on the scale and did measurements, ugh, not good numbers at all.

Motivational quote " I want to see what happens if don't give up"
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    fabgeekmom wrote: »
    @gemwolf110 I love Peloton! I don’t have the bike but I use the workouts on my recumbent bike. My daughter has a Peloton bike and loves it. Good job on meal prep. I have a rough idea of what I am preparing. I have tomorrow taken care of and most ingredients for the rest of the week. @theslightedgeforever The Asian chicken and broccoli sounds good. Sometimes I have a high calorie dinner and plan the rest of the day around it. I love listening to audiobooks.

Nice! I’m going to have to check that out!
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Nice goals. I need to work on portion control too. I made Asian Chicken and Broccoli (think beef and broccoli). It was so good but I didn't realize how many points the ramen noodles had. So next time I will serve it over cauliflower rice.

@saybyebob Welcome to the group! I'm curious about your username. How did you come up with it? I had my own theory. :D I'm prediabetic also but not on metformin. I'm working on moving more too. Not the exercise part just not sitting as much. I'm trying to finish a book for bookclub this week and so I opted for the audio part today so I could listen to it while I did some work in the house. I normally don't like to listen to books but I don't like being fat either so I have to make little sacrifices here and there.

@cbabie I keep telling you that's why headphones were made. Just pop them in and turn them up and you don't hear anything you don't want to. I just read you will tune out the dogs when they bark. Babies and husbands can also be tuned out same way. lol You still have eyes to look at them and make sure they are okay.

@gemwolf110 Nice goals you have set for yourself. Do you have any particular goal in mind for the financial part? More savings? Less debt? What would be the action verb in that goal? I'll be doing tonight what I do every New Years Eve. Wishing I was at a party somewhere. Preferably hotel. Dh will go to bed early. I'll sit and wait for midnight to come. I like to watch the ball drop in NY and then listen to Frank Sinatra.

@trooworld What kind of exercise can you do while waiting for dh to set up your walking pad?

@Neds1980 Yaaay on your weight loss. I say enjoy the cake on the birthday but then leave it for others after that. Tell yourself you know what it tastes like. It's not going to change. Keep your goal in mind.

I thought I got on yesterday but didn't evidently. Too many posts. lol I went to the gym yesterday for treadmill, weights, and stretching. Today was the treadmill.

Well the scale moved finally. Wrong direction. Up 0.9 lbs. I checked my weight NYE 2022 and I was 0.2 lbs heavier. So basically with all my losing and gaining I've maintained my weight. I am not at goal. This is not acceptable. This time next year I want to see 30 lbs gone.

Right now I'm focusing on my snack points. Trying to reduce them to a certain level. I've noticed that breakfast will always be my biggest points. I like breakfast. So I will tweak the other meals to start losing again. I have continued this week to preplan the meals I will cook. That helps alot.

Want to eliminate all debt and save up a hearty emergency fund. Might take a few years but need to get it done.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,136 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom It is fun. That's too bad your husband doesn't like Thai food. It's my favorite type of food! Great job with the workout.

@gemwolf110 It is really good, I combined 5 recipes to come up with the panang recipe: taking the best of each recipe so it's a standout recipe. And the cucumber salad is light and refreshing. There are a lot of studies about gratitude journaling and saying how beneficial it is.

@theslightedgeforever Walking on the weekends, which I do. Great job with the exercise! Sorry about the gain and sorry you didn't lose weight this year. Sounds like you figured out ways to tweak things so you'll lose...good luck!

@saybyebob Yay for making it through! I like your motivational quote. I have a new one every year. Below is my new one.

Hi all. Happy New Year! I didn't make it to midnight last night: I pooped out at 9:30 lol. We did watch some of the New Year's celebrations from around the world on YouTube. My favorite was the Sydney, Australia one. Incredible. I made two appetizers last night and bought some egg rolls from a restaurant. Here's what I made for NYE:
    Moroccan Baked Feta with Olive Tapenade - https://dishingouthealth.com/moroccan-baked-feta-with-olive-tapenade/ (So good and healthish)
    Everything Bagel Pigs in Blankets (America's Test Kitchen/behind a paywall but I can post the recipe if interested)

So good. We had put champagne in the fridge...funny story: we bought this champagne last year (or maybe it was the year before) intending on opening it for NYE that year but fell asleep before we could open it. Then, we said we would open it for Valentine's Day but forgot. Then we forgot for our anniversary. So, last night, we forgot again lol.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    grjjblqoe58p.jpeg
    jiztvtaz1lit.jpeg

Good Morning!

@trooworld I still haven’t drank the sparkling juice that I got last year. I think I still have champagne in my fridge that is untouched. Whoops. 😬 I love your recipes need to print them out and add them to my recipe book.

I did not make it to midnight, haven’t in a long time. Almost did tho. Made it to 11 ish. But did watch Peacocks fireworks around the world show so that was nice to see.
    Today - I’m going to probably clean and get ready for the week ahead today. Nice low key day is the plan.

How was everyone’s New Year?

Have a nice day everyone!

~Missy

CW : 209.2
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Too funny about the juice and champagne. Today’s a good day for preparing for the week. @trooworld Also funny about the champagne. The recipe sounds good. I’ll have to look up the recipe in ATK. Hi, all. We ate dinner at my daughter’s house last night. She made a beef stew with sweet potatoes from a Milk Street cookbook. I never last until midnight on NYE. I usually go to bed at the same time, a little after 11. Tonight we are having leftovers from Christmas: collards and ham. Plus black eyed peas and some bread my son made and froze before Christmas. The peas are for luck and the collards are supposed to get us money. If only! But it’s a fun tradition. Happy New Year’s, everyone!
  • saybyebob
    edited January 1
    Options
    9yjiya1k0ope.png

@theslightedgeforever My user name explained - Say bye Big Ole Belly LOL!!!

Had a quite dinner last night with 2 of my DS didn't make it till midnight but did hear the fireworks go off. Plan to do some sewing today. I have a pattern for Pegs ( stretchy yoga pants) That I plan to use for my morning stretches and workouts.

“Love yourself first and everything else falls into place.”
    — Lucille Ball
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @saybyebob I love that explanation for your username! Good luck on the sewing. I heard a few fireworks before bedtime but surprisingly not that many. My username is a combination of my children’s usernames for other platforms.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited January 1
    Options
    @gemwolf110 I've been rewriting my goals today. Seems it's always the same ones. Maybe they just need to be written better. It's always nice to make a house a home. It should be our place of refuge. For me that's my bedroom since my mil lives with me now that she has dementia. My bedroom upgrade is on my list for this year. Basically decluttering and buying new comforters.

@fabgeekmom I had been converting the calories to points on my weekly meal plans but I forgot last week. So I didn't realize those darn ramen noodles were so high. Interesting thing I found was that my meal averages for December was almost exactly even for B L D and S. I'm still about 2-3 points too high. So more tweaking is needed.

@saybyebob Yaay on not eating past 6:30. I've pretty well conquered that one. I just eat a some blueberries or strawberries usually. It's just the other food earlier in the day I need to work on. I love your username explanation. I was thinking it was your ex-husband's name and you have cleaned out that clutter and now are free and single to work on yourself. lol

@trooworld I don't like Thai food either. lol Funny on the champagne. Evidently you don't want it bad enough. Wouldn't it be nice if food was like that? I know what to tweak I just don't always do it. So frustrating. If I could get that part of the puzzle figured out.....

So am I the only one who made it to midnight? My daughter texted me and said are you watching? I sent back some jazz hands emoji. She just laughed. I wonder why I cry every time Auld Lang Syne is played. I was thinking I need to add watching the ball drop in person to my bucket list. But I was also thinking what if I go and that's the year it's a blizzard. lol

I got my roots done finally. One of the things I hate about getting old. I need to go measure myself. Go work some more on my goals. Making them specific.
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Good for you for staying up until midnight! Good idea to tweak points. Nothing wrong with getting your roots done. I have been having my hair dyed since I was in my 40’s. No grey hair for me!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @gemwolf110 LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one! Oh thanks, if you ever need a recipe recommendation, let me know. I have tons! I love seeing the fireworks from around the world. Have a great day!

@fabgeekmom Yeah the recipes were good. I love beef stew and with sweet potatoes is a nice idea. Your family is really into cooking, huh? That's awesome!

@saybyebob I love your username meaning! That's really funny and cute. Unfortunately for all of the dogs in the neighborhood, there were a lot of illegal fireworks being set off here. My poor dogs didn't do too badly but I'm sure others were scared. I hope your Pegs turned out well.

@theslightedgeforever Hahaha what's up with you Thai food haters? ;) I guess I don't want it bad enough, it will sit in the pantry for another year unless we remember it at Valentine's Day. It was an expensive bottle, too, so I don't want to waste it. I think you are the only one that made it to midnight. I cry when Auld Lang Syne plays too...maybe the relief that the year is over and we get a fresh start? LOL I also cry at parades. Watching the ball drop would be fun but I hear because of security you are stuck in Times Square for like 8 hours. AND it could be a blizzard. But you do it if it's on your list!!! About 6 months ago, I stopped dyeing my hair. I really miss the way it looked when it was dyed but she had a hard time covering the gray chunks. So now, I have a skunk tail in the front which is kind of fun.

Hi all. Yesterday, we took down all of the Christmas decorations. It took a long time but not as long as I had thought it would. It felt good to have it done. I'm going to ask my husband to help me with the walking pad next Saturday...getting it set up. My hands are kind of swollen from all the salty foods I've been eating lately. And not drinking enough water. I need to work on that. Tonight, we are having a Mexican recipe that a former coworker gave me. The original recipe calls for pork but I am using chicken breasts. It is called Chicken with Green Chili Sauce. It's made with jalapenos and tomatillos and is delicious, one of our favorites. It's very easy to make as well if you have a blender or food processor. I'm serving it with steamed veggies and rice.

Water yesterday: 26 oz

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,595 Member
    Options
    Morning all, my grandson left yesterday and I think I cried all day. He and his wife missed their flight and had to get another one..(baggage was really long wait times) I really miss him. But on to what this year will bring. I laugh as my word for the year is JOY and all I did was cry yesterday. It just makes me push harder to have the joy each day. Find something to be joyful about. Well it's not my weight. LOL. I just on the scale and somehow I have gained 4 lbs. I am still now where I was a year ago but not where I was last week. So bye bye junk food. Hello cooking and moving my body. I didn't make it til midnight, but I was awake at midnight. Fireworks started here the day before and they had lots and they were loud..dog stayed under the bed shaking and the baby somehow (prayers) slept through them. I have a weight goal in mind, but I am more about my health! You know, bones, heart, sugar, etc.

@trooworld I don't like Thai either, but I am basically plain. My family loves hot, spicy and I like bland. Funny about the Champagne.

@theslightedgeforever I think you will always stay up until midnight.

@saybyebob I loved how you came up with your username. You have a great mindset. Keep it up. Love the picture for 2024 you posted.

@fabgeekmom I love your reason for your username too! I always wondered how you got that. Good for you for keep on moving. Well I gave up dying my hair a long time ago. It grows too fast and couldn't/didn't want to keep it up. I am as white as white can get..but thinking about adding some undertones so maybe I don't look like I am in my 60's. LOL

@gemwolf110 Sounds like you have some great goals and you have a healthy attitude about your home and life. It's great to see how you meet your goals and work on you!

cbabie

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @cbabie I’m sorry you are sad and missing your grandson. Those are good goals. Eating healthy and moving more really helps. Surprisingly we didn’t have too many fireworks. I wonder if it was too cold to go outside. @trooworld The Mexican recipe sounds good. Our Christmas decorations were put away one day last week. There are some lights on 2 small bushes on the front porch and my Christmas plates need to be put away. Hi, all. My New Years Day meal was good. DH and I went swimming yesterday so that was a good way to bring in the New Year. Tonight my daughter and her family are coming over again for dinner. We’re preparing an ATK recipe with chicken and couscous. I’m going to the recreation center to do the recumbent elliptical.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Quick check in. I walked 24 minutes. Food was okay. I went over by 2 points
  • saybyebob
    Options
    Got on the bike today and it was counted as rowing a boat! Too funny!! But at least I got on that blasted thing today. I also got 60 oz of water down.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Aww, I'm glad you have such a close relationship with your grandson. He must be very special. Your poor dogs...my dogs were affected as well. I'm glad the baby slept through it. I can't believe you guys don't like Thai food! It's my fave! Liking bland has its advantages, I think: less heartburn.

@fabgeekmom Yeah I still have lights on my porch I forgot to take down. Oh well. I'll take them down eventually lol. Great job staying active!

@theslightedgeforever Good job with the walk and staying near your point goal!

@saybyebob Great job with the bike! And water!

Hi all. I had my consultation with the bariatric surgeon yesterday. I weighed in at 0.4 lbs away from my highest weight ever. Not good. But I did qualify for surgery based on the weight alone. It will take 6 months to get through the nutritional counseling/physician-supervised weight loss program (seeing a dietician) and then another 7 months to get on the surgery schedule, so I'm likely not looking at surgery until 2025. Plenty of time to work on getting this weight off as much as possible. MFP Premium has a new 7-day plan called Big Changes Start with Small Steps. I signed up to do it. I have a lot to change this year. It starts today.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,595 Member
    Options
    Morning all, It's so cold here. I am so tired of being cold. It seems like the "virus" is going around my house again. My middle daughter is sick again. I just keep taking vitamin c.. LOL I did not get to exercise yesterday and ate pretty bad. So here is to a new day.

@trooworld I think we all have changes this year. Change is not always easy and it doesn't matter if you have a lot or a little, it's still change. I believe that you will do this. I am praying for me to be more focused this year. I seem to get distracted with "life" LOL I think you are focused and you have the support of your DH. Oh btw, I still get heartburn LOL

@fabgeekmom good for you for beginning the new year with a swim. I still have my decorations up. trying to get them down today. I was ready a week ago, but still had company.

@theslightedgeforever good for you for walking and tracking!!! Keep up the good habits.

cbabie