NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Afternoon, Today was nice in the morning and now it's cloudy and grey. I did get a walk in, met a neighbor who we have both lived here over 30 years and just never meet. So I figure today is a new day and new wonderful things will come to pass as it goes on. Last night I grilled hamburgers on the Ninja grill and air fried carrot stick fries. I am trying to get veggies..LOL

@fabgeekmom don't you just love when we have things in the freezer and we don't have to cook? I will look up Barebells, thank you. I LOVE raisin bread!!!

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    @cbabie That’s great that you got a walk and met a neighbor. Grilling hamburgers is always good. Hi, all. My son had a day off so he took me grocery shopping and cooked lunch. We had air fried chicken and coleslaw. We also made smoothies with protein powder. I bought the Gold Standard Optimum Whey as recommended by my daughter’s nutritionist. I put a scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons PB2, 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk and some ice in the blender. So good and filling! Lots of protein.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,076 Member
    Options
    @cbabie I'm glad you are feeling better. Yay for your walks! That's cool you met a neighbor. Good job with the veggies! LOL sorry to pass you the rain but it was here yesterday, too! Yeah my life seems controlled by circumstances lately, too. :( I love my Ninja Foodi...we use it all the time.

@fabgeekmom Thanks, she is doing better but 4 more days of meds. Great job with the swimming! We use the Gold Standard Optimum Whey in the cookies and creme flavor. It's really good! I'm glad to hear the nutritionist likes it.

@theslightedgeforever Come out, come out wherever you are!!! :D

Hi all. My brother-in-law is back in the hospital. That's why I wasn't here yesterday. It's been a stressful couple of days and it will continue to be stressful until he's out. I haven't been eating the best. I guess it could always be worse. Still, I lost 1.2 lbs this week. Dinner tonight is a Chinese chicken salad.

Water yesterday: 89 oz

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I’m sorry about your brother- in-law. I figured something was wrong when you didn’t post yesterday. Cookies and cream sounds good. Do you make smoothies or use it in a recipe? I was impressed that the protein powder didn’t have sugar alcohols. I am going to mix some in my almond milk and froth it this morning when I drink my coffee. Hi, all. Yesterday was a good day as my son prepared lunch and dinner. He is starting to track calories again so hopefully he will find healthy recipes to prepare. Unfortunately for me he can eat more calories so I have to adjust if he prepares something with more calories than I would like to eat. Today is a swim day and steak night.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thank you. Yeah that protein powder is good. I put it in plain nonfat Greek yogurt + PBFit powder + blueberries for a breakfast. It's really good! That's a good idea for your coffee. That's good your son is tracking cals. Too bad he gets more lol. I hope you enjoyed swim/steak day/night.

Hi all. As if things weren't stressful enough, yesterday my dogs got into a fight and I was trying to separate them and got bit. There was an area on my hand by the base of my pinky that swelled up the size of a walnut with pooling blood underneath. It was super scary so I went to urgent care. My skin wasn't broken but the size of the swelling scared me. I was thinking, "blood infection" but they looked at it and took X-rays and it turned out fine. Today, it's much better. As a result, I didn't cook last night. We got stuff for sandwiches instead.

Water yesterday: 32 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Too bad about the dogs. I’m glad you weren’t badly hurt. The yogurt sounds good. Probably very filling. The protein powder in my coffee was just okay, nothing special so I won’t do that again. I have noticed that since I have been eating more protein in bars and smoothies I am not as hungry.Hi, all. It’s cold here today so I am staying in. I’m making a big batch of vegetable soup with Navy beans for lunch. Also working out on the bike. Tonight we are eating out at a Mediterranean restaurant so that is always a healthy meal.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    Happy Groundhog day! Oh that was yesterday. lol I went out of town yesterday. I don't know what day it is obviously. I'm cold and ready for springtime. But then that brings rain, so......but pretty flowers. So I'll look forward to that.

Both food and exercise have been off and on. I guess it's better than both being off all the time. Of course being on and off is what keeps me right where I am not making progress. So time to flip the switch ON for both and leave it ON.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yes, thanks! Yes, the yogurt is pretty filling. That's too bad the protein powder in your coffee wasn't great. Yes, protein helps with my hunger, too—that, and drinking enough water. I hope you enjoyed your yummy soup and dinner out.

@theslightedgeforever I'm ready for spring, too. You got this.

Hi all. My hand is much better today. Still bruised and the area is still a little swollen but it's better. We are going to the zoo this morning. I think I will bring my watercolor sketchbook and do some painting/drawing while I am there. I went for a 17-minute walk yesterday in the park. The sun was out and it was nice. People were setting up a party in the park, dogs in the dog park-part of the park, and people were playing basketball. My BIL is still in the hospital.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Ouch on the hand. Yaaay on your outside walk. Did you draw/paint any nice pics? Yaaay on your weight loss. Sorry about the bil. Hope he's okay and will be out soon.

@fabgeekmom I like Mediterranean food too. Navy bean soup sounds good. I've been thinking about a big pot of chili. I think I'll make that for tomorrow.

@cbabie Yaaay for your walk and you met a neighbor. It's good to expand your social circle. That's one of the contributing factors to longer life.

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I’m sorry your BIL is in the hospital. I hope he gets better soon. The zoo sounds fun. It’s good to be outdoors. I’m going to walk around the block after lunch since it is sunny. @theslightedgeforever How are you doing? Hi, all. My meal last night was good. This morning my son and I went grocery shopping. He’s making ATK oatmeal cookies with marshmallow fluff, similar to Little Debby Cakes. We bought more protein powder as it was on sale. We got the vanilla ice cream and the strawberry one. We found a protein pancake recipe on the Web. I’ll let you know tomorrow how it is. Also I want to make Skinnytaste protein breakfast cookies.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks. I am in the process of drawing and painting two paintings: a dung beetle wearing jewelry and high heels lol, and a Southern Ground Hornbill. I took a pic of the hornbill yesterday morning at the zoo. I will post pics when I am done. :) Thank you, I hope so too.

@fabgeekmom Thank you. Yes, it is. Yum those cookies sound awesome.

Hi all. I had a relaxing day yesterday: we went to the zoo before I dropped off my husband at the hospital. We walked for about 2 1/2 hours at the zoo and I got over 10,000 steps. After I dropped off my husband, I went to a coffee shop and drew/painted based on a photo I took. I will show you when it's done. Then I came home and took a nice nap. Dinner was good: I didn't really have the energy to cook but I did. It was cheddar cheeseburger meatloaf, patates lemonates (Greek lemon potatoes) and steamed broccoli.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, won't be long, baby girl running a fever again. I have never had a kid with so many fevers. It's been 100.00 since yesterday. I have to keep her home from school and that doesn't help her. UGH. My eating is so so, not great but I am watching portions. I have Long John Silver yesterday which is horrible food wise, but only ate about 7 fries and 1 fish plank and (2) hushpuppies.... I usually eat all the fries and both pieces of fish..LOL So progress.. no exercise, but baby boy is keeping me active. my watch says so..LOL

@trooworld So sorry about you BIL..hope he gets out soon and the dogs..I would have ran. LOL. Hope your healed quickly too. Great job on the loss.

@fabgeekmom I have been using shakeology, not totally fond of it, it was a bit grainy when I started the protein mix. but it has grown on me. I have been making cake mugs with it instead of drinking it. Baby boy loves it..LOL Hopefully your son will be calorie aware now.. :). But you got this no matter what!!

@theslightedgeforever You are doing good. Always see what you have done and don't look at what you haven't done. But you know this already. We are cold here and I just don't LIKE the cold. LOL

Cababie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Your day at the zoo and coffee shop sounds like fun. And you got a lot of steps! The meal you prepared sounds delicious. Hi, all! The cookies last night were really good. Very decadent. The nutritional information in AtK was for 16 cookies but the recipe made 12. What gives? At any rate my son, daughter and I had already tracked the calories listed. Oops! This morning I made protein pancakes and they were good. My son found a blog, healthyrecipesblogs.com. I am going to see if I can find more recipes. Tonight we are having ATK Honey Sriracha Shrimp for dinner with rice. It serves 4 and I may eat less than a serving since ATK recipes are really large.
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @cbabie Sorry baby girl is sick. You showed portion control with your fast food. How do you make the cake mugs?
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Glad you liked the protein pancakes? I always hate to change since I don't like bad tasting pancakes. Mine are so good. lol

@trooworld The dung beetle sounds cute. Good for you for getting in the steps. Plus it was fun doing it. Your meal sounds good.

@cbabie Does baby girl have some kind of infection? Remember I always had strep and fevers when I was young. Good on you for the shakeology. I'd just rather have real food. They don't fill me up. I'm sure it's all psychological. Like I was just having a glass of choc milk.

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever How do you prepare your pancakes? I’m always looking for new recipes.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I'm sorry baby girl is sick again. :( That's good you are watching your portions. Good job eating less at LJS! Thank you. Me too! Thanks, I wish I could have ran lol.

@fabgeekmom Yes, it was a lot of fun and we really needed it. Interesting about the cookies. I'll have to check out that site, thanks. Honey Sriracha Shrimp sounds really good.

@theslightedgeforever Thank you! How are you?

Hi all. I had to go back to urgent care yesterday for my hand: there was some redness and quite a lot of bruising and the hand just looks bad. I had to wait a long time and eventually saw a doctor. She prescribed antibiotics. I need a vacation from everything! LOL

Water yesterday: 57 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld The shrimp was good but a bit too spicy for DH and me. Next time I’ll serve the sauce on the side. I hope your hand is better. The antibiotics should help. Hi, all. It’s cold here again. (Please Mr. Ground hog, bring us spring!). I’m staying home and working out on the bike. Dinner tonight is Smoky Chili- garlic pork burgers from Milk Street Cookish.
  • cbabie
    Options
    I’m sitting here in the drive-through. Waiting for a prescription for the baby girl. She got an anabiotic. She has an ear infection. I’ll try to catch up later on the post. Just wanted to check in with everybody.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @fabgeekmom My pancake recipe is the traditional Betty Crocker recipe that was in her book about 40 years ago. I've tried through the years to tweak the recipe making it healthier and it just doesn't taste as good. So I have 2-3 4" pancakes every Friday. What is really good is to put a SF pumpkin puree on it. Yes I'm ready for spring.

@trooworld Sorry about your hand. How am I? Busy. I haven't tracked since Saturday. So unlike me. I always track. I've not had alot of down/alone time which is part of it. So now I need to learn the skill of keep tracking when I'm super busy and no down/alone time. Anything can be mastered. I had friends over for breakfast today. I still have 2 more commitments this week and a maybe. Hopefully the maybe will get pushed to next week.

@cbabie Sorry about the ear infection. At least now you know why she is sick.

Still working on myself