NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I’m glad you are feeling better. I work out on the recumbent elliptical which is easier than the stand up one. The tortellini dish sounded good. I hope you enjoy the tofu recipe. Hi, all. Despite the windy conditions this morning, DH and I went on a short walk. I did a 45 minute Peloton workout on my bike. Dinner tonight is leftovers from last night.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,117 Member
    edited February 29
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thanks. That's good. The tortellini dish was okay, nothing too special. Good job with the bike and walk.

@cbabie You out there? You doing okay?

Hi all. I will say goodbye to my director today, they are retiring tomorrow and today is the last day I am in the office. We are having a party for him in the afternoon today. There will be goodies. My husband decided to make a fish fajita bowl last night with tilapia, mixed peppers, refried black beans, avocado and quinoa. It was really good. Tonight, I hope we will finally have the Bang Bang tofu.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I am so sorry I have not been on this week. Still fighting this darn cold thing. DH is starting to sound better, but me and the 2 kids...enough already. I am ready for good health and good weather. LOL. I am on another challenge that I always gain instead of lose when I am on..LOL I have 3 days left to at least get back down where I was..The scale today showed I am there, but too close for me. So really going to try to eat better the next 3 days. I have been walking in the evening, so there is that.

@trooworld I am sorry you were sick and now your director is leaving. Glad you at least are able to say goodbye at work today. I love how you and DH just spontaneously change your plans when it's required. LOL.

@fabgeekmom Good job on taking the walk in spite of the wind...that's why I didn't walk last night the wind kicked up and it was COLD.. LOL

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @cbabie I’m glad to hear from you. Sorry about the cold. Good luck with your challenge. I’m also ready for good weather. @trooworld It’s good that your husband cooks. As you know, my husband doesn’t. My son says we don’t want him to. Hi, all. It’s cold today but DH and I were able to walk this morning while it was sunny. I did the bike, too. My hairdresser came and cut our hair. Tonight we are having ATK air fried salmon with orange marmalade and grainy mustard glaze. Also salad and rice.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie That stinks that you guys are still sick. I am ready for good health and good weather, too lol. That's good you've been walking. Oh don't be sorry about the director lol: he never saw my abilities/skill set and he undervalued me. I am glad to see him go! I do not love to change the plans but sometimes it is necessary.

@fabgeekmom Yes, I really appreciate that he does cook. LOL about what your son said. Good job with the walk and bike. I hope dinner was good.

Hi all. I lost a little weight this week, -0.4 lbs, but that's not very impressive. We gave up on the tofu recipe: I had been standing on my feet for 2+ hours at the retirement party so I didn't feel like making a slightly complicated recipe when I got home. We stopped at the store and got stuff for a taco salad instead. Tonight, we are having bratwurst and sauerkraut with apples and onion. I may make beer bread with it. I have a fabulous recipe for beer bread that a dear friend gave me that we just love.

Water yesterday: 40 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Taco salad is always good! The brats sound good, too.Good job on the weight loss. Hi, all. I rode my recumbent bike this morning. We had errands after lunch and now I am relaxing with a protein bar and hot tea. Tonight is steak night.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yes! I love a good taco salad. :D The brats were good. Thank you. Good job with the bike. I hope you enjoyed the steak dinner.

Hi all. I think we need to plant our tomatoes soon. That means I have to go to the store and get the seeds and soil. I'll probably do it next weekend. I've got stuff to do this weekend. Today, I have to get groceries and then at 8 am, I have a Spanish lesson. After that, I am going to a folk art museum with my old boss (not my director, my manager who retired a few years ago). That should be fun. I put a temporary color on my gray bangs yesterday (fuschia). I also made this floating teacup with book covers for work.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

0rpmoa8ddx5z.jpg

p0ltyn7euhvf.jpg
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I love the pictures of your bangs and the tea cups. Very nice! We don’t plant anything until after April 15th, the frost date. I’m looking forward to some homegrown tomatoes with basil. The museum should be fun. It’s good that you can connect with your previous boss. Hi, all. It was raining today so I worked out on the bike. I had planned to go walking after lunch when the rain stopped but I am pooped. I made roasted red pepper and tomato soup this morning. I have a lot of it and I’m going to freeze most of it. I still have vegetable soup in the freezer that I made several weeks ago. The recipe for today’s soup called for jarred red peppers so it was easy to make. Tonight we are eating at the Italian restaurant my DH wanted to eat at last week.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thank you! Yeah, I *think* we should be okay as far as the frost date here goes. It rained here yesterday, too. Good job with the bike. Your soup sounds good. When you freeze your soup, do you put it in a ziplock and freeze it or do you put it in a container? I hope you enjoyed your night out.

Hi all. Yesterday was fun: we went out for breakfast to read and drink coffee and I had a breakfast panini with a side salad. Met my old boss at the museum and my husband eventually joined us where we had more coffee and went to a second museum. When we came home, my foot with the plantar fasciitis was hurting so badly, I couldn't make dinner so I had leftover tortellini. I was going to go to the zoo today for member's early hours day (which is only once a month), but my foot is still hurting a little and I don't want to not be able to do anything today. I think I'll let my husband go by himself. I have things I need to do...go back to the grocery store, fold clothes, cook, and more.

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Your day sounded like fun. Too bad about your foot. You were wise not to go to the zoo and take care of yourself. I hope you got your stuff done with minimal pain. Hi, all. I had a fun day. My daughter, her husband, my granddaughter, my son and husband went to see The Six: The Musical. It was about the wives of Henry VIII. Instead of history it was herstory. My daughter and her husband treated us to the performance. My son is making chili and cornbread for all of us tonight.
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I forgot to answer your question. We use containers to freeze our soup. The 2 cup containers are convenient as that is one serving. We have used ziplock bags to freeze homemade broth when we ran out of containers.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom It was fun. Thanks, yeah, my foot is really bothering me. I didn't get it all done but I made progress. I wanted to see The Six. I hope you enjoyed it. Yummy dinner. Ah okay thanks for the information.

Hi all. I had so many clothes to fold and of course, my husband did more laundry. I didn't get it all folded, my foot started bothering me. I'll work on it more on Friday. I don't have time during Mon-Thur. I didn't eat dinner last night: my foot kept me from cooking and I could have eaten leftovers but I wasn't that hungry. I did make tomato soup and grilled cheese for lunch and that was really good.

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, sorry I am starting to recoup and catch up. Sorry I have not been here. Thank you to you both @fabgeekmom and @trooworld for keeping the thread going. Today is the WI for the challenge or I can do tomorrow...so guess what I am going to give me one more day. LOL. I finally had to call the DR and get some meds on Friday. I couldn't deal anymore. I fell flat running to get their call. Just a couple of yucky looking bruises but I am good..my DH says I need to learn to slow down...probably won't ever happen. LOL

@fabgeekmom Sounds like you are doing good and keeping on track with your exercises. How fun you can get your hair cut at home. Thanks for the reminder, I need to get my hair cut.

@trooworld Sorry your foot is bothering you, and glad you say no loss to the boss that is leaving. I love the pictures. You are so talented. Great job on the loss. you know a loss is a loss. I will take a 0.01 for this challenge if I can say I lost weight. LOL How do you grow tomatoes. I would love to grow something here, but not sure how to do it where I live. We get LOTS of sun in our yard.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,252 Member
    Options
    I'm back. After my sil left we went out of town. So now back to my goals. Back to my quiet life. I skimmed the posts. This is what I got out of it.

@trooworld Your boss left. You had some pics of your hair and cute tea cups.

@fabgeekmom You went to a play about Henry VI wives. I think I really would have enjoyed that.

@cbabie You and the family are still sick. But you've been walking at night. Trying to lose weight for your challenge.
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Sorry you are still having problems with your foot. @cbabie Too bad about your fall. I hope the meds help. @theslightedgeforever I love how you summed up the threads! Hi,all. It’s raining again. I worked out on the bike. I love the Peloton workouts. It was a good day for soup and a sandwich. I’m glad I doubled the recipe. Tonight we are having ATK fried chicken breasts with coleslaw and polenta. My granddaughter has some kind of respiratory illness. My daughter took her to Urgent Care. I’ll find out later what she has. Luckily we weren’t too close to her to get what she has. We probably won’t do family dinner tomorrow.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Oh gosh, I'm sorry you fell. I hope the medication is working. Thank you, the foot is a pain (literally!). Well, I don't know what I'm doing lol. This will be the first year I'm actually growing tomatoes (we tried last year but I didn't have enough drainage in the container so they died just when they were starting to bear tomatoes!). I get a lot of info on YouTube and at the site I get my seeds from: https://www.reneesgarden.com/blogs/gardening-resources/tagged/vegetables but here's an article about growing them in AZ: https://growinginthegarden.com/how-to-grow-tomatoes-in-arizona-10-tips-for-growing-tomatoes/

@theslightedgeforever Welcome back! Yes yes and yes. :D

@fabgeekmom Thanks. It will take a while to get better. Rainy days are perfect for soup and sandwiches. I hope your granddaughter is okay.

Hi all. It's good to see a couple of you back now. I had my 3rd appt with the dietician for my surgery. She said I am doing well but need to cut out the sweets and fries (although she said I don't do that every day, which I don't) because I won't be able to eat like that after surgery for the first year. After the first year, I can start re-introducing them on an occasional basis in small quantities. She said this is because you lose the most weight during the first year and they really want you to take full advantage of that. I have 2 more meeting with her and then they can submit all the documents to my insurance to try to qualify. Then, it will be another 7 months before they can put me on the schedule for surgery. I'm hoping for April 2025, as we are going to Mexico in March 2025 and I don't want to have just had surgery and go down to Mexico.

Water yesterday: 30 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I didn't exercise yesterday, however, when I got on the scale for the first time me ever doing this challenge ( I have done 3 of them) I didn't gain weight...I lost 1 lb. LOL. I took it with JOY. I am okay from the fall and the meds are working. So all is good. Just need to get the muscle strength back.

@trooworld thanks for the link for AZ. I hope yours grow well this time. It always takes practice to find the right process. You can send us pictures when you get your first green bud..LOL. It will encourage us and you will have something to look back on. LOL

@fabgeekmom Hope your GD gets well quickly. NO one likes to be sick, especially respiratory. Glad you can grow some things, show us when you get your first seedlings growing.

@theslightedgeforever glad you are back...miss your perspective on things.. and now back to your plan.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,252 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Seems lots of people have respiratory viruses these days. Soup sounds good. I'm going to make some broccoli soup tomorrow I think. I found some broccoli stalks in my freezer. So I saw this and decided to make the soup. https://lovefoodhatewaste.co.nz/8-ways-broccoli-stalks/

@trooworld Who knows..if you cut out sweets and fries you may not need surgery by 2025. It's good you are learning from your mistakes with the tomatoes. There are so many things with gardening. Correct location, drainage, amount of sun, etc.

@cbabie Yaaay on your lost lb. Don't find it again. You've been falling alot. Is your gait or balance off? I would hate to hear that one day you fell and broke a hip. Do you REALLY miss my perspective? :D

I walked 40 min on the treadmill awhile ago. So one part of my plan is back in motion. I will go eat an orange to include another part of the plan. Did anyone read this?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10897432/and-the-tortoise-wins-the-race-10-years-2-months-130-pounds-20-sizes-lost
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Interesting info from the dietitian. If you must give up sweets and snacks, are there any substitutions that would satisfy you? Good luck with the tomato growing. My DH has been growing them for many years. We get a pretty good crop, depending on the weather. @cbabie Congrats on the 1 pound weight loss! @theslightedgeforever Good job on the treadmill. Hi, all. DH and I went for a short walk this morning. I did a Peloton workout on my bike. Tonight my son is making ATK salmon cakes but air frying them instead of using the oil in the recipe. I’m making more coleslaw and we’re boiling potatoes.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie That's great you lost weight! I'm glad you are okay. Thank you, me too! I will proudly post pics when I get something growing lol.

@theslightedgeforever I really don't eat that stuff that often so I doubt it. But maybe? Yes, do you garden? I'm trying to pick easy-to-grow things. I got seeds for grape tomatoes, baby beets, and lettuce. The baby beets might be more tricky but all can be grown in a container. That's great you walked on the treadmill. Did you watch TV while doing it? No, I didn't see that but darn, that is inspiring. Thank you for that. Lots of good info.

@fabgeekmom That's a good question. Maybe fruit for the sweets and I'm not sure about the salty stuff. Hummus is always good but I am a little sick of it. Maybe some babaganoush with veggies, other dips. Oh that's great you grow tomatoes. How's the weather there? That's good you went for a walk and went on the bike.

Hi all. I let my pill containers run out and didn't refill them until Sunday so I'm having some mood and anxiety problems. Nothing too bad but enough to bother me. Nothing I can do about it but try not to let it happen again. I've been busy at work but I need to make more of an effort to get more water in. That's going to be my focus for today.

Water yesterday: 50 oz