NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Have you considered googling healthy substitutions for your treats? I’ve seen a lot of recipes using protein powder to make desserts. You probably don’t need to add any sweetener as the powders are already sweet. There’s a Skinnytaste protein breakfast cookie that is good. Less calories if you use powdered peanut butter. Hi, all. It is raining again. I feel like it is monsoon season. Being retired means we don’t have to go anywhere. Last night the salmon cakes were really good. Tonight we are having pork chops in the air fryer. I’m using an ATK recipe. Also preparing corn in the microwave and string bean in the air fryer. I bought some Hershey’s Kisses to eat after dinner but haven’t opened the bags as I have been so satisfied after dinner.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I did lousy yesterday on food...Just didn't really care to try. Today is a different day. It's cloudy here and that can be depressing, but I am choosing to find things to do to keep my mind from drifting. LOL.

@trooworld Sorry about your medicine container...I hate when I get up and have to take a pill and it's not ready..it's just my nights here are always crazy...so I just have to do it in the morning.. I bet getting your water in will make you feel much better.

@fabgeekmom I airfry salmon cakes in the air fryer, only way I will cook them now. LOL Yes there are more deserts out there with protein powder.. good job on the bike ride and not "wanting or needing" the kisses...it's amazing how 1 little piece of chocolate can satisfy.

@theslightedgeforever Yes I miss your perspective.. It could be I am just clumsy..LOL no I don't think I pick up my feet as high as I used to. Good job on the treadmill. I didn't see that article, but it was good. Thank you for sharing.

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @cbabie These cloudy days are rough on our moods. Looking forward to sunnier days!
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,230 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom If I had to give up snacks I would miss crunchy/salty snacks. I've tried roasting chickpeas but I can't seem to get the right spice for me to actually enjoy them. That's good that you have been satisfied after dinner. I have some Hershey's kisses that I'm going to have to throw away. I noticed the last time I ate one that it was getting old looking.

@trooworld What foods do you think keep you overweight? I did actually watch TV. Normally I just listen to podcasts.

@cbabie Aren't cloudy days the worst? Mom probably made us do chores or something on gray cloudy days. I associate absolutely no happiness with gray cloudy days. Now I love my white fluffy cloudy days.

I am bone tired today as they say. I didn't sleep well last night.
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    & the slightestedgeforever Luckily I don’t crave salt. Occasionally I will eat popcorn. I can satisfy my sweet tooth by eating sweets in moderation, eating fruit, protein bars, etc.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yes, I've tried some of them (like the frozen yogurt cheesecake, which I didn't like), but I need to try more. That's true about the protein powders. Thanks, I have made breakfast cookies before but I don't know if I tried the Skinnytaste one yet. Sorry about the rain. I'm glad you've been satisfied after dinner, that's good.

@cbabie Today is definitely a different day. I hope it's better for you. Thanks, yes, it's annoying when I run out of pills. I wish I could say it worked (the water), but I didn't accomplish it. :(

@theslightedgeforever It's a combination of snacks, eating too big of portions, and sweets. I've tried making chickpeas in the air fryer and I've tried roasting them but I don't like their texture (they are still soft/not crunchy). Do you have any favorite podcasts? I didn't sleep well, either. I hope we both sleep better tonight.

Hi all. Talking about snacks, yesterday, all I had to bring for snacks was 2 pieces of Babybel cheese. Today, I think I may be able to find some baby carrots. If I have time, I'll make hummus but I doubt I will have time this morning to do that. I'm spoiled by my homemade hummus: I can't stand store-bought anymore. :D I was so tired yesterday and had a headache. At work, I went out to my car and took a quick nap and that helped some but the headache is back today. Last night, my husband made Thai yellow curry with chicken. It was really good. Tonight is lemon-pepper chicken with broccoli and quinoa.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, it's a gray day here in AZ...It's a day I would like to just sit and read. However, I laughed at the comments today...no sleep we all said. I have had 2 hours..baby boy got up at 12:30, coughed until he threw up and then stayed up until 5 this morning..so it's going to be a day. I didn't eat to well after dinner...those little debbie cakes got me...PB and chocolate ones.

@trooworld Hope your headaches goes away and you get some water in. I think we all like homemade better don't we.

@fabgeekmom I am like you I don't crave salt and crunch so much as I do the sweets..LOL

@theslightedgeforever I could never do the chick peas...I think I would just stay where I am than have to eat those..LOL. you will find the right snacks for you I am sure.

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I have found that when I try a new protein powder recipe I only make one or two servings so if I don’t like it, I haven’t wasted time and ingredients. I tried a cheesecake one yesterday that was just okay. I’ll finish eating them as I only have two servings left. I wish ATK would have some protein powder recipes. Sorry about the headache. Glad the nap helped. The recipes sound good. @cbabie It is dreary here, too. At least it is not raining. Sorry baby boy was sick. Hi, all. My son is off today. He’s taking me to a grocery store I don’t like to drive to ( Wegman’s). We need protein bars. We’re preparing an ATK recipe with chicken and cherries. Or I should say, he is preparing it. My DH cooked bacon this morning. So good!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie 2 hours? That's terrible! Oh dear, I hope your day went better than anticipated. Thanks, yes, it did go away and I did get a little water in. Yes, homemade is always better (well usually lol)!

@fabgeekmom That's a good idea. That would be great if ATK would have some of those recipes. Thanks. Interesting recipe!

Hi all. My husband surprised me and offered to cook last night, which I really appreciated. I just relaxed while he cooked. I'm working today and then have to take the car for an oil change at the dealership. That's about it. Dinner is a NY Times recipe, Tuscan Farro Soup. I've made it before and it is really good.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld That was nice of your husband to cook dinner. The soup recipe sounds good. I’ll have to look it up. Have you tried any protein bars? They satisfy the sweet tooth and also are filling due to the protein. Hi, all. We got a lot of protein bars yesterday. My son prepared a good meal last night. Tonight is steak night.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I again didn't eat so well, mostly because I was tired and just didn't care. I got 2 more hour sleep last night than the night before. LOL. Progress. I make a "cake" in a mug for breakfast with my Shakology protein mix..baby boy has to eat part of it. I don't like to give it to him too much as it has probiotics, etc in it..but he just loves it and eats all of what I give him. I would like to try it in just regular protein mix and see if it's the same and give him that.

@trooworld so glad your headache went bye bye..LOL. how sweet of DH to cook dinner. I need someone else to know how to cook here. :).

@fabgeekmom Yea on the protein bars, yes they have saved me lots of time from food I know I shouldn't eat because I already had something that sent me over the goals. LOL.

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @cbabie How do you make your mug cake? I have tried a new bar, a Think Bar. Today I had lemon one that was good.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited March 8
    Options
    @fabgeekmom My current salty snacks are peppery pretzels and corn nuts. I don't keep popcorn in the house cause I will overeat it. I'm not really a protein bar person. I just think of it as more processed food I don't really need. I'm too lazy to make my own out of natural ingredients.

@trooworld One of my favorite podcasts is https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/dr-joe-galati-podcast/id1464040587 I always learn something new from him about health. Maybe you can start tapering down your portion sizes. So you gradually eat less.

@cbabie Have you had baby boy tested for asthma? My youngest son from 2-7 suffered with coughing til throwing up. The pediatrician had me try all sorts of things. Cough syrup with codeine didn't help him sleep. We moved to a different city and on the first visit the dr heard him cough and asked me about asthma. He had several allergies I was unaware of. Had to take out the carpet, drapes and stuffed animals from his room. So something to consider if it continues.

I walked about 45 min on the treadmill today. So that's done.

Has anyone seen on Netflix Live to 100: Secrets of the Blue Zone? Very good information. I'm on episode 3.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yes! I've tried some protein bars but I'm not usually satisfied with just a protein bar. Maybe if I combine it with something else. Do you have any favorite bars? I hope steak night was good.

@cbabie Well, I'm glad you got a little more sleep. Progress, indeed! Cake for breakfast, that's the way to do it! LOL Thanks, me too although it is lurking still. Yes, he's a really sweet man (when he wants to be lol). You do need someone to help you cook! Tell that husband of yours to make a frozen pizza every once in a while lol...or a salad.

@theslightedgeforever Oh I listen to that one sometimes. That's a good one. Yes, I agree, I learn stuff from that, too. That's a good idea to taper down portion sizes. Good job with the treadmill! I think I started to watch that and it was interesting but I was working at the same time so I was distracted. Thanks for the reminder about it.

Hi all. Speaking of Netflix, we started watching a series called "Fisk." It's a comedy series. Very funny so far but we've only watched one episode. Check out the preview, if you have Netflix. The farro soup was good last night. Vegetarian but filling. I found a new recipe for Grilled Salmon Salad with Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing that we are trying tonight. Today, I am going to meet a friend of mine for coffee. She lives about 45-60 minutes away from me in the backcountry of the county on a horse farm. I have to drive to her when I want to see her because she refuses to come into town unless she's got several things to do. She's also very hard to pin down because she does a lot of hiking and prioritizes that over anything else in her life. I guess that's good for her but not so good for the people who love her and want to see her.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, yes yesterday was another day of regrets, but I am motivated today. I don't want to feel like I have been feeling. Stuffed, achey, hips feel out of alignment..etc. So I know what I need to do..now like Nike says...just do it.

@fabgeekmom The recipe that I use is 1 egg, beat slightly, 1/4 cup applesauce, 1/4 t baking soda and 1 scoop of my protein mix. I put a little chocolate chips on it if I want the chocolate for desert type thing. Microwave from 3 - 5 min. I have found the 3 min suggested is just not done enough for me. I usually use the 4-5 min time. That's it..

@theslightedgeforever No we have not had him tested...just had his 18 month and I guess I should have asked. No I haven't see that on Netflix, is it like a documentary? Great job on the walk, my oldest DD has been just walking 5 miles a day and has lost 15 lbs...you would think I would be motivated right? LOL

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I eat a protein bar as a snack at about 4:00. I am more satisfied at dinner if I am not starving. I like Barebells and Think Bars. They are a lot of calories but have lots of protein. Your recipes sound good. Hi, all. It’s supposed to rain today. If I were smart I would go for a walk before it rains. But I am still drinking coffee. I do have to go grocery shopping to get a few things for tonight. My son is cooking crab legs for dinner. We have decided to eat out less often. He is also making ATK Texas blueberry cobbler. Steak was food last night and we have leftovers for lunch.
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @cbabie Thanks for the recipe!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld What if you went hiking with this friend. That would be good for you and her. Some good quality time together.

@cbabie I didn't know to ask about the asthma and spent 5 years going to the dr and he never even thought about it. Imagine if I hadn't moved and was forced to find a new pediatrician. Yes the live to 100 is a documentary. Usually I don't like those but this one was really good. Especially since I want to be granny. That's good your daughter is losing weight.

@fabgeekmom We are trying to eat out less too. Which just means I will have to cook more often. Luckily I will only have to cook twice a day now instead of 3 times. We are just going to eat things like yogurt and fruit for dinner. blueberry cobbler. Yum!

Tomorrow I'm going to start a new incline program on my treadmill for 30 days. Watching that documentary, most of the places had hills or stairs that people naturally had to climb. They didn't really do any "exercise" but their environment was conducive to getting in natural movement.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Yes, just do it!

@fabgeekmom That's a good idea. Protein is important. I hope it didn't rain on your walk.

@theslightedgeforever I can't: plantar fasciitis plus she hikes really fast and wouldn't want to be slowed down by me. Plus, her hikes are really long (yesterday, she hiked 14 miles in one hike!). She's not one to slow down on my account. :( How did your incline program go today?

Hi all. I couldn't get on here yesterday (literally, the site didn't work for me). I didn't track all weekend: Saturday, it was because it was too hard to (we went out for breakfast and dinner), and yesterday because I didn't track the day before. Not a good way to do things, I know. I did make a good decision at breakfast on Saturday: I had a pitaya bowl which is like an acai bowl with different fruits. I'm off today, I took it off. So did my husband. We originally were going to go to the zoo together but I don't want to aggravate my plantar fasciitis any more than it already is so my husband might go without me. I'm going to plant my tomato, baby beet, and lettuce seeds. I also have a Spanish lesson. I've got some household chores to do as well.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, today is the real first day of spring break for baby girl and I just want to spend the day cleaning and getting organized for the week so I can enjoy her the remainder of he week. I didn't eat great, I have to stop the ice cream at 11pm before bed. I eat it as it stops the heartburn and I can sleep.. LOL.

@fabgeekmom welcome, yes I try not to eat out, but sometimes I just don't want to cook. So I try to use the crock pot alot. LOL

@trooworld I hope you enjoy planting today. It sounds relaxing especially to be by your self. LOL I almost put by your lone...baby girl uses that term when she is by herself or anyone is. LOL

@theslightedgeforever yogurt for dinner? That's interesting..making lunch your main meal? I am sure that is a better way to eat. I don't like eating late and it seems that is how my life has evolved. I think mom always having dinner at 4 trained. me. LOL

cbabie