Is there anything you will not give up?

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I haven't given anything up. I make better overall nutritional decisions...I moderate my intake...I get my fitness on...and I indulge in whatever I like after that.
  • abrodniak
    abrodniak Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have given up is sodas. I didn't have to, I just wanted to. As soon as I did that I knew I could do anything!
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Creamy Jif Peanut Butter. Don't even try to take it away. I know over 400 ways to kill a man with a jar of Jif.

Beer.

Have you tried the Natural Creamy Jif? I think its much better than the regular Creamy Jif.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I haven't really given up anything, unless you count takeaways. But that's not because of my calorie allowance, that's because now, my stomach doesn't react too kindly to fried, fatty food, and I get punished the next day.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    CHOCOLATE AND BOOZE MUST STAY!! :drinker:
  • TheGr8Kimbini
    Options
    Pasta and chocolate.
  • MrsSpindler
    Options
    I really haven't given anything up. I've switched a few things. I bought Nature's Promise Oat bran pretzel sticks instead of regular pretzel sticks. I've added the Naked juices into my diet. I don't drink soda as much, but there isn't anything I won't eat. I am just practicing portion control. I can say I definitely have added more kinds of foods. I tried scallops for the first time the other day. Delicious!
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    whiskey & beer.
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I am going to go with peanut butter also. I don't even want to live in a world without it.

MB:tongue:
  • gwenr
    gwenr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Vodka
  • sourmash1973
    sourmash1973 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Creamy Jif Peanut Butter. Don't even try to take it away. I know over 400 ways to kill a man with a jar of Jif.

Beer.

Have you tried the Natural Creamy Jif? I think its much better than the regular Creamy Jif.

If you read the nutrition labels, they are almost identical. Now the price tag, that's a different story.
  • magzeen
    magzeen Posts: 3
    Options
    I've had to give up trigger foods until I don't crave them anymore. The afternoon energy dip causes me to crave carbs. Before my diet I would eat chips or cookies. Then I moved onto pretzels and tried cutting back on it but it didn't work. Then I tried eating more lean protein for lunch and that helped. Now when afternoon cravings hit, I can eat baby carrots or raw crispy apples or chew on sugarless gum to get through the urging. I can now eat a few pretzels and not the whole bag as long as it isn't in the afternoon at work in front of a computer monitor.
  • femmefae
    femmefae Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Moderation > Giving up delicious french fries.

I maybe eat them one a month, but I still eat them. Other than that I haven't given up anything. My body naturally craves whole foods and meats so I don't really eat a ton of junk.

I will say I've given up soda, but have replaced it with Perrier. All the bubbles and fizz and no calories thank you :heart:
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I had to cut down on carbs because of pre-diabetes. But I haven't given them up!

And I'm never ever ever giving up beer :drinker:
  • pfpizz
    pfpizz Posts: 1
    Options
    V-8 (juice not the engine) Gotta have it every morning. Love the Pop Tarts reply haven't had one since I was 10.
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    I'm working on the basis of not having to give anything up, unless I'm persuaded that it's actively bad for me. Everything else is fair game in moderation, as long as I have the calories to accommodate it. But one of the consequences of all this exercise is that I often say to myself that I've worked too hard today to blow it on, say, a few beers.
  • sourmash1973
    sourmash1973 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Moderation > Giving up delicious french fries.

I maybe eat them one a month, but I still eat them. Other than that I haven't given up anything. My body naturally craves whole foods and meats so I don't really eat a ton of junk.

I will say I've given up soda, but have replaced it with Perrier. All the bubbles and fizz and no calories thank you :heart:

One french fry a month??? Now that's will power!!! :happy:
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Since starting, I have realized I can fit almost anything to within my calories, but try to maintain my daily carbs to about 80 to 100. Within that, I eat whatever I want, trying to be faithful to my macros 95% of the time.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, pizza...... and a lot of other things. I just eat less of it. Well, that is not always true, sometimes I eat something really low cal for dinner, like eggs, so I have room for a huge bowl of ice cream.
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter; however I have switched to PB2!

I DO have to stay, far away from Nutella. As somebody said on MFP "that stuff is crack in a jar"...