Is there anything you will not give up?

Options

Replies

• Kai_Milla1
    Kai_Milla1 Posts: 37
    Options
    Cant give up my bread! I can switch to whole wheat, and wheat bagel thins, and wheat flat out wraps, but there's no way I can just flat out give it up!
  • blossomnu
    blossomnu Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Creamy Jif Peanut Butter. Don't even try to take it away. I know over 400 ways to kill a man with a jar of Jif.

Beer.

Have you tried the Natural Creamy Jif? I think its much better than the regular Creamy Jif.

If you read the nutrition labels, they are almost identical. Now the price tag, that's a different story.

Or you could just buy peanuts and put them in a food processor.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Beer. I wont give it up. Oh and cake! Gotta have me some cake! Oh and pie too! Love pie! Just more motivation for the gym If I eat that stuff I add an extra hour to my workout.
  • AnaCoffee
    AnaCoffee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up my 1 1/2 tbsp of cappuccino mix that I put in my coffee every morning and not just because I buy it warehouse store size. Coffee is the other thing. Do not take away my coffee! :drinker:

During bad bouts of PMS my hub made me swear not to give up anything as I'm much calmer that way. :laugh: Since I'm making a go at being vegetarian full time again, I did swap out Taco Bell tacos, chalupas, & Limeaide Coolers for Chipotle's vegetarian/vegan bowls, burritos, and tacos and Izze blackberry carbonated fruit drink. High in sodium? Yes, but so much better than my old TB order.

I also won't give up the once every-few-months "girls' day out" with my best friend where we go to Whole Foods (it's a LONG drive for us) on a Saturday when there are local folks sharing samples of their creations. Taste testing days are the best and I always pick up a few things. Similarly, that's the one time I'll have locally made pasta with their incredible, creamy tomato Alfredo-like sauce.
  • sourmash1973
    sourmash1973 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Beer. I wont give it up. Oh and cake! Gotta have me some cake! Oh and pie too! Love pie! Just more motivation for the gym If I eat that stuff I add an extra hour to my workout.

LOL

Oh and....
    Oh and....

Classic!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    i don't see it as "giving up" something.. if that's the question, i haven't given up anything.. i have been at my goal weight (actually a bit under) for 11 months, august will make it 1yr.
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    The only things I've given up in the name of losing weight are regular soda and cream and sugar in my coffee. I gave those up years ago, though, when I was on Weight Watchers. Now I love black coffee and Coke Zero. :-) At this point, I'm trying to give up Coke Zero and other diet sodas because they're so bad for me, but not because they're hindering my weight loss.

I make different choices now, like choosing a glass or two of wine instead of a high-calorie margarita or choosing a nonfat latte instead of one with whole milk!! But overall, I just take everything in moderation.
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Real half and half. I tried going the fat free route and it was just plain nasty. I budget for those extra calories (40 a morning). I also abstain from foods I know will send me over the edge in a "I don't give a fudge" attitude such as peanut butter poptarts, donuts, cake and cookies. I tried 'moderation' and my brain just doesn't recognize 'moderation' when it comes to floury sugary goodness. My common sense shuts down and my Mmmm factories kick in until its too late and when I'm wiping the crumbs off my face and the platter is empty and coworkers are staring at me with wide eyes, mouths open in disbelief....yea....not a good thing.

Otherwise I'm good! tee hee
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I won't give up the 1T of light cream I put in my coffee in the morning. I've widdled myself down to one cup of coffee a day and dammit I want it to taste great! I do enjoy my coffee.
  • pesigrandi
    pesigrandi Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I won't give up anything that I like. I moderate alcohol (mostly wine), cheese and meat a lot more than I used to by measuring everything. I have noticed that I don't like grains unless I pile on cheese or salsa on them as they don't really have any flavor on their own. The same goes for bread ... I don't like it unless it's freshly baked with lots of stuff on it (olives, cheese, herbs, etc). I only like dark chocolate and a very small amount satisfies me. I've never liked fast food, most junk food or soda. They all make me feel crappy.

I mostly follow this diet:
    http://www.health.com/health/article/0,,20410223,00.html
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything (especially my wine), but I definitely choose to eat less of some things.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Pizza. And Rick Astley, because he wouldn't give me up.

tumblr_m1mpatR2jp1qeqkz7o1_400.gif
  • JanetShannon
    JanetShannon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    my must-have is chocolate too. i budget for it and use sugar-free chocolate foods (like smuckers sugar-free hot fudge topping on my carb smart icecream - and - there are sugar-free chocolate candies).:smile:
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    COFFEE!!!

This :D Love my coffee..

Other than that I have mainly modified the things I eat.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Pizza. Wine. Chocolate. Anything? I'm more of a portion control/once in a while type of girl than a "cut XXX out of my life forever". And once in a while to me usually means sometime between once a week and every day lol.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Since there is no reason to give up any food, I haven't' given up anything.

^^ This
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is a MUST. Also, I can't give up my carbs. I have something chocolate almost everyday...keeps me from going nuts!!! I pretty much still eat all the foods I love only not nearly as often and it not as large of a quantity. I usually give up on my restrictive eating after a month tops.

Been here since April. This works for me and I still love food!
  • PinkyLilac
    PinkyLilac Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything as just don't crave it anymore!Though I'm sometimes tested at my job at a coffee shop!! :flowerforyou:
  • MosierTim
    MosierTim Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am like you....if you can I CAN'T have something that is the first thing I want. Because of this, I won't give up any food. I just have to realize that everything has a cost and so I have smaller portions less often (i.e. seldom) or I make healthier versions of the dish so that I can still get the satisficattion of the dish without all the calories.

Remember, one bad meal or one bad day is not going to kill you in the long run, you just need to not let it become a pattern.

I was told by people that my unwilliness to give up any food would result in me not losing weight. Glad to see they were not right ;)
  • josephinabonetto
    josephinabonetto Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Generally, anything with the word Mars in it. In reality, this is Mars Bars and Bruno Mars (but he won't let me take a bite out of him for some reason... Can't think why).