Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Chocolate
    ice cream
    Pizza
    cheese
    Bacon
    Booze

I didn't give up anything; I just ate less of it.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Siracha Hot sauce
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I will always eat out...oh wait we were talking about food, carry on.
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Chocolate
    ice cream
    Pizza
    cheese
    Bacon
    Booze

I didn't give up anything; I just ate less of it.

^^^Pretty much this list.

Additionally:
    Frozen custard
    Cheesecake
    Wings
    Barbecue
    Pasta

IIFIYM--If it fits in your macros (and sometimes if it doesn't),

and you want it

EAT IT AND ENJOY!!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I won't give up anything I really like. There are things I don't eat or drink any longer, but I wasn't really attached to them, anyway. If I really LIKED soda, for example, I'd have found a way to keep it in.
  • cherrygoo
    cherrygoo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have enjoyed turning away from the foods I formerly would not "give up" such as coffee. When I realized that I was caffeine sensitive and that I felt much better without coffee, I went cold turkey. I was a big pasta person before too - but I realized most of my bloating was coming from gluten. I tried brown rice gluten free pasta, but the same thing happened. I think pasta is just something I can and will live without. I don't miss it at all, or how it made me feel. Now I use spaghetti squash in place of pasta.

What I won't give up are veggies. I will never give up veggies. or fruits. I won't give up water, or cacao powder hot chocolate. I love healthy eating so much that I don't ever want to give it up.

So I guess I'm willing to give up the things I know are not beneficial to me - in order to build a better me.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Changing my perspective to "I can have it, but I'm choosing not to" rather than "I can't."
    ^^This. And this:
    I refuse to vilify foods
    And sullus, I'd just like to add that I find bubble tea very efficacious for self defense. Those thick pointy straws are dependably sturdy.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Mine are pretty much the same as yours, actually. Diet soda used to be 3 times a day and now it's 3 times a week. But I can't see myself ever being truly satisfied with a slice of thin wheat crust vegetable pizza and no diet cola.

Also, desserts in general. I'll eat something chocolate, fresh baked etc, at least once a week, probably forever. I don't care if I have to eat vegetables and an egg the rest of the day I will make it work. I have a container of semi-sweet chocolate chips at all times and several nights a week I'll eat 5-10 chips to satisfy my craving. I find that I do it less and less, but I'll probably always want that around!
  • joycehostetler
    Options
    I have not given up anything. I feel if you do not let yourself eat the foods you love to eat you will fail in your weight loss effort. I try (yes, sometimes I eat too much), to eat in moderation. I have tried to change my attitude that I control what I want of what food. I try to eat healthier, but always don't. I stand accountable for what I put in my mouth and how much. That simple. I used to drink a lot of diet soda/pop but now I very seldom have it.
  • paulkj
    paulkj Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    For me... I did give up processed foods, dairy, and some breads...but I WILL NOT GIVE UP MY WINE!!!!!!! I love it, I fit it into my calories.
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I couldn't see myself give up food. My meals have not changed, my portion size has, the only thing that has changed is that I stay away from take-out food except something not too bad on my cheat meal and I have given up bars .
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I won't give up anything. Just keep the things that I know make me fat to a minimum
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    you are looking at this WRONG..... This is not a diet, this is a life style change. So eat what you want when you want--the key is moderation. That way you will not have those "I got to have it" days. After all that is what skinny people do.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I will never give up chocolate coca-cola cake. I only make it twice a year and always have a big slab of it.
  • lannabelle
    lannabelle Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I won't give up any foods. You're right, as soon as you're not allowed to have something, it's all you can think about. You will cave, cheat and binge and feel awful afterwards. The best thing to do is have all of the foods you really love in moderation. As long as you can justify it within your eating plan, there's nothing to worry about.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    This...

bB69Ujl.png

and this...

ncCFRNL.png

Just not often and not a lot...

And very occasionally, this...

kWO1mck.gif
  • wendamabelle
    wendamabelle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I will not give up anything. I just have everything in moderation and in my calorie count. I make things work and have satisfied every craving I have had since starting this 2+ months ago.
    This isn't a diet for me. It is a lifestyle change for me.
  • neverhuman
    Options
    That's what I try to do as well. Giving up a food completely feels like giving up part of my humanity haha
  • neverhuman
    Options
    :laugh: