Is there anything you will not give up?

Options

Replies

• krnlmustrd
    krnlmustrd Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Coffee Creamer. I hate logging those calories, but it's the one thing I will not give up. I do try to limit myself to one or two cups a day. I use less creamer if I'm having two cups so it sort of balances itself out.
  • Katkamm77
    Katkamm77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    In one word: Pizza. Specifically, Lou Malnati's deep dish. Any combination of ingredients (don't like pepperoni). I don't know if I could limit it to one slice. It has sooo many calories that I haven't been able to figure it in to my meal plan yet. But I'm working on it.
  • Raevyns
    Raevyns Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I, like others, am not going to strictly give up anything as that sort of restriction only makes me react like a caged animal and leads to failure. Because binging.

However I do severely cut back on things that are really bad for one in quantity. I just let myself have them now and then. Like the occasional soda or fast food.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    i wont give up milk! have to have 1-2 a day.

i wont give up a pack or two of sugar in ice tea that i have once a week or so.

I wont give up my morning muffin and coffee which makes my day start off right.

Everything else i can live with or without.
  • massgal3
    massgal3 Posts: 4
    Options
    My mixed cocktails. My beloved vodka martinis, usually with a couple of shots of some kind of liquer, probably clock in at 300-400 calories I figured. I used to make one or two a week at home, and usually one when we go out on the weekend. Now, I've pretty much stopped making them at home and limit them to dining out. Even then, I try to eat very lightly during the day so that I can splurge a little bit when we go out.
  • leonaedithlewis
    leonaedithlewis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    For me it has all been about consistently and honestly tracking what I eat. I have logged my food intake consistently for the past 4 months. I don't forbid my self any foods, I just honestly track what I eat and the visibility to what I am eating seems to motivate me to keep the indulgences, like ice cream, moderate. It is also easier to tell my self that I can eat anything I want, I just choose to eat what I am eating. That way I am not deprived, I am just making choices today.
  • jack1925
    jack1925 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I will not give up at least some form of chocolate! :-)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want..seriously.

It's about portion contol.

Now mind you I am always on the lookout for a "better choice" such as plain greek yogurt instead of Sour cream or Groun turkey instead of beef.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    When making a lifestyle change, so many foods become villified. Well for me, the second a food becomes a no no it might as well by ecstasy. So, I really want this to work. I have cut back on diet soda, but haven't cut it out. I also have a wonderful flavored coffee every morning (I budget for it). I also like to have chocolate so I keep the little dove squares frozen cold in the refrigerator so I can treat one like a piece of hard candy for a chocolate fix.

What are your foods that have to be included?

I'm pretty much like you, so I cut down but never eliminate.
  • RockingThis
    Options
    Sodas..it's not a hard thing to give up for me. I can hardly take the carbonation anymore anyway. I've drank diet sodas forever and if i steal a drink from my husbands sugar soda i tell him it taste disgusting! If i really wanted to drink a soda it would be Fresca..i love it. I tried a italian pinapple soda once and it was very good too but still too much sweet and carbonation. I didn't give up on candies.. i eat them sometimes, i love chewy/fruity candies but only in moderation!
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything - as long as it fits in my cals it's fine. This is a lifestyle for me and that's the only way it will work. I have cut down on a lot of things - alcohol, eating out, etc, but haven't vilified anything
  • Puzlgrl21
    Puzlgrl21 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Pop Secret Extra Butter Microwave popcorn. Just can't do it!
  • jenna808
    jenna808 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Once I started making better food choices, there was a lot of different things that I used to eat on the regular that I no longer have any interest in. But I will never give up bread, pizza, pastas. I just make better choices with them, and make a lot of pizza and pasta dishes at home now. Oh and I do the same thing with the dove chocolates! But I don't "ban" anything, I say if you want it, budget for it and enjoy!
  • Puzlgrl21
    Puzlgrl21 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ya, I love these too!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Coffee creamer. And coffee. Cake. Ice cream. Chocolate. Bread. Cheese. Alcohol.

Really, there isn't anything I can think of that I would give up entirely. Because it's all yummy.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm having a hard time giving up my hips. :grumble:
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Cheese....EVER!!!
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Haven't given up anything and I have lost 34 lbs in 6 months.
  • OtakuMusician
    OtakuMusician Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I can cut way back on Pepsi, but I don't think I'll ever truly be able to give it up. I'm going to try the route of only having Pepsi when we go out to eat, which is maybe once a month.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    nothing