I have to include chocolate some how.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Burgers
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I cut back on the portion sizes and frequency of some things, but there's nothing I gave up and I plan on sticking with moderation.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    There's no need to give up something, unless you're allergic or have a medical or religious reason not to eat/drink it. That's where the calorie counting comes in. Have the things you like in moderation.
  • KellyMarie528
    Options
    Pinot Grigio! I allow myself 1 glass a day, any day that I want it! Makes it easier to say "no" to treats that are worse for me :-)
  • DDCNY
    DDCNY Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    What are your foods that have to be included?

Everything.

The absolute only way this is going to work for me is if I can eat the same foods I love and eat what everyone else is eating. Potluck at work? I have half a serving spoon full of whatever bowl looks interesting to me. HALF. No more. I remember that 1 ping pong ball is approximately 2 tbsp and I log every bite. Fiending for double cheeseburgers and McNuggets at McDonald's? Then I go on a day like yesterday when all I have had to eat was two Luna bars during the day.

This is now the longest I have stuck with any "weight loss" program and also the most weight I have ever lost while doing this. EVER. I have been dieting my entire life and cutting out foods and making things forbidden. And you know what? It doesn't work for me. Not at all. After 3 months on LA Weight Loss in 2005 my husband said "okay, I'm going out to eat at Popeyes with friends. I will see you later." I threw in the towel and went with him after not having Popeyes in 3 months.
  • missmidge84
    missmidge84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give anything up. That being said I make more deliberate choices. For instance if I want a cookie, I'll make sure it's a good one and worth the calories, rather than a day-old, stale cookie from the office break room.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything. There might be things that I don't eat as much of, but I still eat the same foods I've eaten all along.
  • westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm an avid believer in clean eating (with some planned cheat treats of course!), so I've "given up" a lot, although I don't see it as a sacrifice. However I refuse to give up having real half-n-half in my coffee each morning. I've limited myself to one cup, but I'm not going to have it black, some things are just worth it!
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't think there is anything I would not give up - for my health.

If I was just trying to lose "weight" and did not care about the quality of my foods or my health there would probably be a short list of things I would not be willing to give up.

As it is, I'm working on caring for my body in the best way possible, for good health, fitness & being happy with how I look. I do not tell myself I CAN'T have anything but I consciously make healthy choices. I choose not to eat sugar, AS, grains and dairy. I avoid processed foods, GMOs, foods sprayed with pesticides & meat from grain-fed animals. I feel a huge difference in how I feel without these things in my diet. I love how I eat & find it very easy to do. Eliminating the unhealthy foods also eliminated the cravings for them. I am not tempted by them even when everyone around me is eating them
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Fortunately for me I don't give up anything. Life is too short to be hung up on unforgiving high calorie foods...................as long as I moderate them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • femmefae
    femmefae Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Moderation > Giving up delicious french fries.

I maybe eat them one a month, but I still eat them. Other than that I haven't given up anything. My body naturally craves whole foods and meats so I don't really eat a ton of junk.

I will say I've given up soda, but have replaced it with Perrier. All the bubbles and fizz and no calories thank you :heart:

One french fry a month??? Now that's will power!!! :happy:

Haha Oh yes I order them all dump the carton, save one, and chow down :laugh:
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I refuse to stop drinking my Soda Stream Diet Dr. Pete. (stomps foot)
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    When making a lifestyle change, so many foods become villified. Well for me, the second a food becomes a no no it might as well by ecstasy. So, I really want this to work. I have cut back on diet soda, but haven't cut it out. I also have a wonderful flavored coffee every morning (I budget for it). I also like to have chocolate so I keep the little dove squares frozen cold in the refrigerator so I can treat one like a piece of hard candy for a chocolate fix.

What are your foods that have to be included?

I lost my weight doing IF and eating the typical SAD-I cut nothing out that I normally ate and lost around 50lbs. However, this crazy thing started happening when I transitioned into maintenance-I wanted to start eating healthier. Not because the plan I was following made me, but because I felt it was the next step for me. Fast forward to now and I've totally cut out my diet soda habit, never eat fast food anymore and I'm moving to a whole foods, plant based diet. I've cut out a lot of the stuff I used to eat, because I wanted to keep progressing towards a healthier way of eating (for me personally). But, I don't miss anything and if I ever got a craving for something (including meat) then I'll go ahead and eat it. I'm not into restrictive eating, but eating the way my body is sending me signals to eat :)
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    steak. I would have to be legitimately going to die from it first. Coffee... black... would have to be pried from my cold....

Funny about the steak - I seldom have one, but when I do It's mine mine mine. I'd probably go to jail if somebody tried to stop me!

I used to think Diet Coke would be one, but I let it go. I was just ready and I was drinking 2L+ a day easily. It was time and I did it. Had a few sips - maybe 3 total drinks since then (8 months ago - wow hadn't counted it up) and it's nasty to me now. I had drank it - heavily - for easily over a decade probably longer.
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I haven't really given up anything I like, I just go higher quality and keep it close to my macros. Bread isn't going anywhere, I just eat Bread Alone Health bread. It has like 5 ingredients in it. I love chocolate so I'll eat dark chocolate that is at least 80% cocoa because I found it has less crap.

Oh and brunch in Manhattan is like religion, so I won't give up my favorite West Village Spots EVER. I usually use my cheat meals on it.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Pizza. And Rick Astley, because he wouldn't give me up.

tumblr_m1mpatR2jp1qeqkz7o1_400.gif

awesome!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I give up nothing.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Everything! I can't imagine banning a particular food from my life forever. I eat the foods I want, but always make sure that whatever it is fits my calorie budget and macro targets.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I won't give up anything I enjoy, I just moderate it better :) But IF I had to pick one thing it would be potatoes :)