Where are all the metalheads?

Options

Replies

• Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    In This Moment, 5FDP, Disturbed, Black Swan Theory, Halestorm, Stitched Up Heart, Avenged Sevenfold,NewYearsDay
  • allaboutthemshrugs
    allaboutthemshrugs Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I saw them so many times. Last time I saw them was in like 03 or 04 at krazfest in Louiseville, KY. They always put on an amazing show. But I kinda need to be in the mood for them.
  • allaboutthemshrugs
    allaboutthemshrugs Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yeah me too, I got into the hardcore scene when I was like 16 and was like a regular for so many years. But it's not that I outgrew it but I just got older and had different things in mind for my life and shows every weekend just wasn't it for me.

Funny story, back in like 96 or 97 Jamie Jasta used to come to our shows and bring his distro and would try to sell me this tape with like 4 songs, I was always like nah man I'm good. Finally one show he was like come on man 2 bucks, so I bought it and brought it home and listened to it and I was like ummmmmmm why didn't I buy this long ago? Lol it was the first hatebreed ep under the knife, it o my had 4 songs then they released the cd after and it had a few more. But yeah that was my intro to them. Watching them open for local bands and then suddenly blowing up and playing huge venues.
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    terakrantz wrote: »
    Going to see slipknot and Marilyn Manson next weekend. :smiley:

Your username makes me think of my favorite in flames song. Metaphor. Not super hard but I love it.

I've used this username since highschool -- I used to listen to In Flames religiously haha.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    More a fan of technical and progressive metal variations as of late, but I'm sure it still qualifies. Beyond Creation is my favorite new discovery. <3
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options

Your username makes me think of my favorite in flames song. Metaphor. Not super hard but I love it.

I've used this username since highschool -- I used to listen to In Flames religiously haha.

If it works don't knock it ;) I used to use living_deadgirl haha.

I love it! :heart:
  • G085H173
    G085H173 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    HERE!!! Metallica, AC/DC, Motor Sister and the occasional foray with The Prodigy. Add me!!
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    \m/ >.< \m/

Old school here. Slayer and GWAR are my most favourite bands in the world, although a lot has changed over the years. RIP Dave Brockie, Corey Smoot and Jeff Hanneman.
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yeah me too, I got into the hardcore scene when I was like 16 and was like a regular for so many years. But it's not that I outgrew it but I just got older and had different things in mind for my life and shows every weekend just wasn't it for me.

Funny story, back in like 96 or 97 Jamie Jasta used to come to our shows and bring his distro and would try to sell me this tape with like 4 songs, I was always like nah man I'm good. Finally one show he was like come on man 2 bucks, so I bought it and brought it home and listened to it and I was like ummmmmmm why didn't I buy this long ago? Lol it was the first hatebreed ep under the knife, it o my had 4 songs then they released the cd after and it had a few more. But yeah that was my intro to them. Watching them open for local bands and then suddenly blowing up and playing huge venues.

You must be from CT. I am slightly older than them. They started up after I had left the state. Watching some of those older videos of theirs, I see a ton of people I grew up with in them. I still have friends close to Jamie. If I had hung around another couple years, we would have been in the same circles.

• Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Not being from the US we dont get many international metal bands visiting but saw Kings of Chaos live last year.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

Used to? Never not In Flames, unless listening to Dark Tranquillity. I am convinced that there's something in the water in Sweden that makes awesome musicians. There's no other explanation for the talent per capita that country coughs up.
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Lifting + Hatebreed = bliss
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options

Used to? Never not In Flames, unless listening to Dark Tranquillity. I am convinced that there's something in the water in Sweden that makes awesome musicians. There's no other explanation for the talent per capita that country coughs up.

This.

Focus Shift came on during my run this morning. It was perfect.

Let's not forget Amon Amarth, The Haunted, At The Gates, Sabaton, I could go on forever.
  • TestNamePleaseIgnore
    TestNamePleaseIgnore Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Finntröll
    Type O Negative
    Coal Chamber
    Cradle Of Filth
    All That Remains

Do I get to come out and play too? :)
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    In flames?
  • crazycatladyns
    crazycatladyns Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello!! My husband and I have a metal website and do metal radio shows over the Internet. I'm more of a hair/glam metal kind of gal. Seen Motley Crüe 5 times!!
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    For any true metal heads here, I highly suggest a few shows on KDVS 90.3 FM (KDVS.org). You can either live-stream, view archives, or download the station app (or obviously listen if you're local to NorCal). If you're into amazing metal broken into individual genres of metal, that are not mainstream bs, check out the following (you can view past and current playlists to see if it would be worth your while, all times are PST):

Unspeakable Cults, Tuesdays @ 2300-0200 https://kdvs.org/past-playlists/4051/

The Mosh Is Primal, Fridays @ 2230-0000 https://kdvs.org/past-playlists/4108/

Raise The Dead, Saturdays @ 0000-0300 https://kdvs.org/past-playlists/4076/