• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    There is no other music. At least not for deadlifts
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm all for a crazy time signature with heavy guitars.
    Lately though, I've been leaning to the proggier side of rock, porcupine tree, karnivool, opeth, tool and such.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Listen to some of it all, but hard rock and metal have been way up at the top of my list for years. Saw Motely Crue at the US Festival that made them big, and have seen loads of others since. Disturbed is this Tuesday here, and we got tickets the day they went on sale.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Um...System of a Down...
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    #fuckyeah! old school - iron maiden, metallica, megadeath, carcass, panthera, insane clown posse, bodycount... the list goes on!
  • mazarasltm
    mazarasltm Posts: 205 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Though I was only one. Moterhead, Megadeth, Black Sabbath, Danzig, Misfits, Metal Church, Merciful Fate, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Flotsam Jetsam, ZZ Top, Nine Inch Nails etc ... of yeah Metallica (idiots with a beef with Napster, cry me a river). Yeah I know some of this list is really hard rock, etc. Did I say Moterhead? Any one know where to get the original jacket patch (not the Warpigs one).
  • mazarasltm
    mazarasltm Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Um...System of a Down...

Oh Definately
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever been into the black metal scene? when i was younger i loved Darkthrone and Bathory to name a couple, now i'm in my late 20s its more thrash and old school death metal. Love Satyricon though, been a fan since i was 15! its cool to see other fans here, where i live it's all trance and club music...
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Tomm88 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever been into the black metal scene? when i was younger i loved Darkthrone and Bathory to name a couple, now i'm in my late 20s its more thrash and old school death metal. Love Satyricon though, been a fan since i was 15! its cool to see other fans here, where i live it's all trance and club music...

Yep. I first heard Darkthrone as a teenager, I think it was Blaze in the Northern Sky. I was into Emperor and Mayhem for a while too. I don't listen to it as much anymore but every now and then I like to hear it for old times sake.
  • Tomm88
    Options
    kxbrown27 wrote: »

Yep. I first heard Darkthrone as a teenager, I think it was Blaze in the Northern Sky. I was into Emperor and Mayhem for a while too. I don't listen to it as much anymore but every now and then I like to hear it for old times sake.

Same, i think i got more mellow as i got older lol even deicide is too extreme now haha.
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Yessss! Finally people who like the same music haha
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options

always figured every city had a metal 'scene'

sucks to be you in that regard then :p
  • cindygogle75
    cindygogle75 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Heavy metal til the end
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I'm all for a crazy time signature with heavy guitars.
    Lately though, I've been leaning to the proggier side of rock, porcupine tree, karnivool, opeth, tool and such.

Karnivool is amazing. I was actually turned on to them from random YouTube shuffling after a Tesseract playlist one night.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

While I did dabble in the black metal scene a bit (Emperor, Satyricon, and Ulver were by far my favorites) I ended up pretty quickly leaning away from the traditional stuff when Dimmu released Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia. I realized that I really loved the sound that they, Arcturus, and The Kovenant were heading toward. Then Dimmu went to total *kitten*, Arcturus broke up, and I don't even know what the hell happened to Kovenant after SETI.

Though, Arcturus did get back together this past year for a new album (their first since like 2005), it was...weird, to say the least. I think those guys got on all of the drugs. *kitten* stronger than whatever Garm started taking before Ulver released Morpho.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    *horns up*

Am a thrash metal fan at heart first and foremost... Metallica/Megadeth/Anthrax/Testament/Slayer/Exodus etc...

Also dig Pantera.. Lamb of God...Killswitch Engage.. Hatebreed. So I try to mix it up a bit.
  • Tomm88
    Options

While I did dabble in the black metal scene a bit (Emperor, Satyricon, and Ulver were by far my favorites) I ended up pretty quickly leaning away from the traditional stuff when Dimmu released Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia. I realized that I really loved the sound that they, Arcturus, and The Kovenant were heading toward. Then Dimmu went to total *kitten*, Arcturus broke up, and I don't even know what the hell happened to Kovenant after SETI.

Though, Arcturus did get back together this past year for a new album (their first since like 2005), it was...weird, to say the least. I think those guys got on all of the drugs. *kitten* stronger than whatever Garm started taking before Ulver released Morpho.

I really don't think Dimmu have made a decent album since death cult armageddon in 2003, spiritual black dimensions was a *kitten* of an album though.

By the way if any of you ever get a chance to see Behemoth live do it! theyre an awsome band and the only... you could say modern, black metal band i actually like. Saw them 2 years ago, awsome show.
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    While I still consider myself a big metal head, I've spent an increasing amount of time listening to non-metal as years go by. Still I consider doom and black metal to be my favorite genres.

Right now, according to my play counts, the metal bands getting heavy play are Sojourner, My Dying Bride, Tempel, Vattnet Viskar, and Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats. The rest of my recent played is all post-rock, retrowave, and jazz.
  • stufielding
    stufielding Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    \m/(><)\m/ love me some metal!!! THE best workout music too!!