Clean Eating DOES make a difference

Options

Replies

• breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    Great work and great for your health too!

TyTy - clever posts....didn't get through reading all the pages here, but I have always heard and remembered some variation of this:

"You can't out-exercise a bad diet"........is it OK to eat Ding-Dongs and then try like crazy to work it off????.....no thanks. That kind of food (?) isn't even necessary in my diet - it's JUNK. A guilty pleasure maybe (I'd personally go for ice cream), but let's be realistic - how would you feel having a crappy diet AKA 'bad' food and having an awesome workout???? It just doesn't equate.

^^^ LOL. So much for that point I was trying to make. I'll never be Dr. Phil.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

The worst you will see is a Windex joke. I'd take that over wishing cancer on people most any day.

Wishing cancer? Do they wish it on them?

You should read some of the PMs I've been shown and received. Better yet, go into the clean eating groups and read some of the posts.

I have been PM'd by individuals from the clean eating crowd, (after commenting in threads like this) that If I continue to eat junk food in my meal plan it will eventually kill me or they will out live me cause I don't eat clean.... Well I just PM back that had I not stop eating 10,000 calories a day and had my weight continued to climb past my highest of 560 lbs. I would not be here 4 years later typing this... My problem had less to do with what I was eating (and my diet back then had just has much potatoes, and steaks and veggies as so called junk) but more to do with the amounts of food that I was consuming... I might add I have never put down anyone's food choices, if you wanna it so called clean that is your choice but at the same time I will voice my opinion that as long as you hit your macro's and have the calories then having some ice cream or pop tarts or whatever is not going to kill you and in my case I had to change my relationship with food... In the beginning it controlled me and after years of working through my addictions and adding back in food a deemed trigger foods, they no longer have that hold over me and I can enjoy them in moderation....

Can I just stop the thread in it's tracks for a second for standing ovation for the man that lost 312 g*dd*mn pounds. Regardless of what he ate in the process of doing it.

Seriously man, you could put on a Metallica vs. Iron Maiden battle concert in the grand canyon and they'd still not rock as hard as you on a bad day. That is some badassery right there.

Mother effer.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Well.. those are all messed up and I definately wouldn't agree with that. But just because some are like that, doesn't mean that all are- though they might hold to those beliefs. I also know that I find it much easier to hear someone out if they aren't being obnoxious.. whatever side of the rope your on.

So just curious..... You think that some of us on this particular thread are being obnoxious because we for one congratulated the OP for her weight loss but then went on to explain to her (by her own admission she started accurately logging and doing exercise) that maybe it had more to do with the changes than it did with her so called eating clean....
  • CyberEd312
    Options

The worst you will see is a Windex joke. I'd take that over wishing cancer on people most any day.

You should read some of the PMs I've been shown and received. Better yet, go into the clean eating groups and read some of the posts.

I have been PM'd by individuals from the clean eating crowd, (after commenting in threads like this) that If I continue to eat junk food in my meal plan it will eventually kill me or they will out live me cause I don't eat clean.... Well I just PM back that had I not stop eating 10,000 calories a day and had my weight continued to climb past my highest of 560 lbs. I would not be here 4 years later typing this... My problem had less to do with what I was eating (and my diet back then had just has much potatoes, and steaks and veggies as so called junk) but more to do with the amounts of food that I was consuming... I might add I have never put down anyone's food choices, if you wanna it so called clean that is your choice but at the same time I will voice my opinion that as long as you hit your macro's and have the calories then having some ice cream or pop tarts or whatever is not going to kill you and in my case I had to change my relationship with food... In the beginning it controlled me and after years of working through my addictions and adding back in food a deemed trigger foods, they no longer have that hold over me and I can enjoy them in moderation....

Can I just stop the thread in it's tracks for a second for standing ovation for the man that lost 312 g*dd*mn pounds. Regardless of what he ate in the process of doing it.

Seriously man, you could put on a Metallica vs. Iron Maiden battle concert in the grand canyon and they'd still not rock as hard as you on a bad day. That is some badassery right there.

Thank You :drinker:
  • breeshabebe
    Options
    Well.. those are all messed up and I definately wouldn't agree with that. But just because some are like that, doesn't mean that all are- though they might hold to those beliefs. I also know that I find it much easier to hear someone out if they aren't being obnoxious.. whatever side of the rope your on.

So just curious..... You think that some of us on this particular thread are being obnoxious because we for one congratulated the OP for her weight loss but then went on to explain to her (by her own admission she started accurately logging and doing exercise) that maybe it had more to do with the changes than it did with her so called eating clean....

Not so much this thread... just because both clean eaters and dirty ones disagreed with her.. also the EM2WL disagreed... there was alot going on here. But in general... when I open up a thread about clean eating or IIFYM... For me, IIFYMers come off obnoxious. I probably agree more and practice more of IIFYM (maybe 80% "clean" and 20% "dirty)- just because I don't feel like reading articles about cancer.... but I don't group myself together with IIFYMers because I find them to be more obnoxious. The way that the info is put out there, seems like "Hey, your an idiot.. let us educate you."
  • elawoman72
    elawoman72 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great work and great for your health too!

TyTy - clever posts....didn't get through reading all the pages here, but I have always heard and remembered some variation of this:

"You can't out-exercise a bad diet"........is it OK to eat Ding-Dongs and then try like crazy to work it off????.....no thanks. That kind of food (?) isn't even necessary in my diet - it's JUNK. A guilty pleasure maybe (I'd personally go for ice cream), but let's be realistic - how would you feel having a crappy diet AKA 'bad' food and having an awesome workout???? It just doesn't equate.

Good think I never try to work off my 'junk' food. I just work it into my goal/macros and call it a day, no need to try and sweat it out.

Thank you.

SOOOO done stressing over EVERY SINGLE THING that enters my mouth! I make good choices, but if I choose to have something decadent on occasion then it is MY choice and I work with it as necessary. So loving life right now (finally). :-)
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

holy mother of hades!!!!!!!!!!! good job!
  • jp_cullen
    jp_cullen Posts: 9
    Options
    What is it with people and obsessing about being "thin" eat clean, train like an athlete not a poser...the latter is a bonus! The last benefit to eating healthy is looks, priorities should be reducing visceral fat, chances of getting cancer/heart attacks, bad skin, unhealthy sleeping patters, unbalanced hormones, depression, anxiety blah blah. People who think that eating clean is not beneficial are just, well kinda ignorant...learn biology
  • CyberEd312
    Options

holy mother of hades!!!!!!!!!!! good job!

Thank you too!! :flowerforyou:
  • CyberEd312
    Options
    What is it with people and obsessing about being "thin" eat clean, train like an athlete not a poser...the latter is a bonus! The last benefit to eating healthy is looks, priorities should be reducing visceral fat, chances of getting cancer/heart attacks, bad skin, unhealthy sleeping patters, unbalanced hormones, depression, anxiety blah blah. People who think that eating clean is not beneficial are just, well kinda ignorant...learn biology

Thank you for making my point...... Best of Luck to you...... :drinker:
  • elawoman72
    elawoman72 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

It's how 'we' meaning, the human race were meant to eat. WHOLE, NATURAL FOODS which were BORN THAT WAY. Grown from the earth. We don't 'NEED' much else, do we???

p.s. we should generally be "eating to live vs. living to eat"....just a matter of being in control.

Personally, I've been 'out of control' for much of my adult life. I've reeled it in but that doesn't mean I can never, ever have a 'treat' now and then or however I want to incorporate it...it's MY body, so I finallly realize I should HANDLE WITH CARE.

(yes, I'm yelling) ;^)
  • jp_cullen
    Options
    Thanks hope your training is going well.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I thought MFP was a support group and most of what I have read on this post is criticism! I am disappointed! You know who you are!

Ma?!!!
    Is that youuu? :laugh:

Kidding!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

My doctor, who I'm pretty sure knows a little bit of biology, has never mentioned clean eating to me. Instead, his comments have mostly been "holy cow, you are doing an amazing job, and all your health indicators are improving. Unbelievable, I've never seen a transformation like it. And you eat whatever you want? That's great, keep doing what you're doing."

My step-son's dietician, who I also believe may know a bit about biology with a side order of nutrition, has also never mentioned clean eating. Instead she is mostly focused on keeping his blood sugar under control, because his dad and step mom let him have too many simple carbs in relation to the protein he eats. Her advice - increase protein, decrease carbs to find a better balance, but other than that choose from a wide range of foods you enjoy. Sounds an awful lot like IIFYM to me.
  • breeshabebe
    Options

It's how 'we' meaning, the human race were meant to eat. WHOLE, NATURAL FOODS which were BORN THAT WAY. Grown from the earth. We don't 'NEED' much else, do we???

p.s. we should generally be "eating to live vs. living to eat"....just a matter of being in control.

Personally, I've been 'out of control' for much of my adult life. I've reeled it in but that doesn't mean I can never, ever have a 'treat' now and then or however I want to incorporate it...it's MY body, so I finallly realize I should HANDLE WITH CARE.

(yes, I'm yelling) ;^)

K. Thanks.
  • jp_cullen
    Options
    Yeah treat yourself, buy a new dress or something to celebrate how welll you have done with the money you would have spent on food treats :)
  • proudandprejudiced
    Options
    Clean eating DOES make a difference for some people. For others, it doesn't. It's just different bodies, different reactions etc. No one should put something like that out there as a fact when really it depends on the person.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    For the love of Pete, take it to the Food and Nutrition Board, People!
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options
    Yeah treat yourself, buy a new dress or something to celebrate how welll you have done with the money you would have spent on food treats :)

thank you :) maybe I will..I dont think I am at that point yet though of dropping a size down
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

For REAL!

Calorie Deficits while eating whatever = weight loss (fat, muscle, water)

Calorie Deficits + Clean Eating (with sufficient protein) = fat/water loss and muscle gain (or maintenance)

Aaaaaand..... attack! ::hides behind shield of complex carbs and lean protein:::

One of the biggest bunk comments on here.... no, no, no.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!