Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    aka "1200 calories is great, for dinner."
  • CandelLife
    CandelLife Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dirty dog eating + exercise = 156 pound loss.

BOOM

I think I love you LOL!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
  • cseckinger1
    Options
    I'm impressed. You look wonderful. How long, how much, & tell us your foods that you eat. Breakfast, lunch, supper???
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success.
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    dpbqmo.png
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

The worst you will see is a Windex joke. I'd take that over wishing cancer on people most any day.

Wishing cancer? Do they wish it on them?

The very next day....on another thread.....
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1044322-clean-dirty-missing-the-point halfway down the first page someone in a fake mustache tells someone to "get cancer...and yadda yadda"...it's like a comic book. A deliciously predictable comic book.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    agreed.
  • Rilzy
    Rilzy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Granted I eat a lot more than the OP does. For me a cup of spinach, a banana and a quarter cup of soy milk is really filling. It is just that I know I must have protein with every meal so I might have fish or chicken with it. If someone is looking only at calories and not nutrients per se, I can see how this would be a dinner choice.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    @stumblinthru...Any good dietician or Dr does know the benefits of a healthy diet. And they should be promoting that regardless of whether someone is lean or overweight. Blood sugar levels are controlled by eating 'clean' or a healthy lifestyle. Depends on what someone's goals are I guess. Nothing wrong with going to Nando's once a week as long as you can control yourself and not turn back to unhealthy foods everyday! I eat 'clean' everyday but that's just me. I would just say to be careful not to fall into these FAD diets like Atkins etc etc because your mind set will be wrong from the start. Eating clean is part of being a healthy person and being healthy is a lifestyle which means its something we do day in day out over a long period of time. There is no use of going in to dieting looking for a diet where you can eat foods you want, because the mindset to change is not there. in fact look for the diet with the most un appealing food on it thats probably the healthiest lolIt just seems like people see diets as a means of losing weight and that's it! But there are many more benefits to it than that. But yeah u guys are right it's still good that people are thinking about diet and how to reduce weight etc. Well done to anyone who is trying to become healthy and has lost weight as a result. It's a good achievement :)

At least you're pretty. :flowerforyou:

You're killin' me!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • gnalani
    gnalani Posts: 126
    Options
    To the OP -- you look great :)
  • lsuz
    lsuz Posts: 74
    Options
    I'm new to MFP. Ready to lock in my healthiest "me." But this isn't my first rodeo. I lost 100 lbs successfully at 20 (5'7 115). I ate whatever I wanted as long as I didn't go over 1,200 calories. The thing was - and this was in the eighties when diets were all about Jane Fonda and "fat free." I learned quickly that clean whole foods give you the most bang for your buck. I would toy with eating a Snickers for lunch cause I really, really wanted it and then said no because I wanted a plate of filling food (salad, tuna, chick peas). Still - I wasn't a "clean" eater. I had pizza for dinner if that was what I wanted. Just never went over 1,200.

Now -- here I am at the 40 gate :) . The old overeating, sweet-loving habits brought back 75 lbs. And now, at this age, with hormones out to kill me, or at least that's what it feels like, those creepy buggers -- I HAVE TO eat clean. I'd rather keep it balanced but that ship has sailed and wholesome foods and exercise are the only things that work for me. Others in my age group and with my situation might have a different experience, but for me -- the yoyo'ing and the hormones means no more free lunch. :)
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    No left overs but you can have what I'm having, just visit Newfoundland and eat at Magnum and Steins, it's delicious :D

Looks like a great place. If you get to Montreal, make sure you try Au Pied De Cachon but make reservations way in advance, way in advance or risk not being able to get in or be like us and get lucky and get a reservation at the bar at 11pm. Btw, there was no signage on the restaurant so you better know the address. The hostess said they DO NOT encourage walk-ins lol.
  • LeanAmbitions
    Options
    I'm just going to say congrats on your loss. I'm not sure why all these negative and snarky comments are needed. It's not like you said, "Hey guys! If you don't eat clean, you're going to be fat forever! Be like me!" I agree you are eating too little calories, but that's your business. Also, there are different degrees of clean eating and most of what you eat is clean. Congratulations again!
  • JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to decide if I could fit a Pretzel burger in diary today. I may be over my sodium. :(

For a mere 680 calories!!! forget the sodium lol..... drink a couple extra glass of water tomorrow... By the sounds of it. it will be worth it!!!! :drinker:
    It comes with cheddar cheese sauce and cheddar slice... i nix one or the other and that is a good 100 calories off and probably 100sodium. I retain like crazy so I have to be careful. It blows but IT FITS!

Confession: I did actually forgo the cheese sauce when I had mine. /hangs head in shame
    The cheese sauce isn't bad. 20 calories. The slice is 80.
    If I add in my own blue marbled pepperjack cheese (80 calories) and nix both the sauce and cheddar slice: OMG I MAY DIE HAPPY

It wasn't a matter of calories for me, I just didn't want cheese sauce+mustard making it hard to eat. I don't like to work to get my food in my mouth.

I wonder if all the people that felt the NEED to detract from the OP success by inserting their own ideology also think it is appropriate and classy to use thir phones in public bathrooms.

/checks pictures

Nope, not a single one in a public bathroom.

I'll just eat it like this:
    tumblr_madq5btWBv1qdlh1io1_r1_250.gif

Hahahahahaha *rubs belly as aching with laughing* .... *Second wind* Hahahahahahaha. Animation/Caption is so funny!!!
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Every time I see a post on clean eating, I see the words *blah* *blah* *blah* *blah* *blah*. It makes me want to eat McDonald's french fries. So I guess I will continue eating whatever I want while I loose even more weight. :bigsmile:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Every time I see a post on clean eating, I see the words *blah* *blah* *blah* *blah* *blah*. It makes me want to eat McDonald's french fries. So I guess I will continue eating whatever I want while I loose even more weight. :bigsmile:

But your cholesterol and blood pressure will be TERRIBLE!

What? They've improved? Well imagine how much more it would have improved if you didn't eat GARBAGE! Your insides SUCK! Good luck with your CANCER and HEART ATTACKS!

Oh.... wait. That's what those other people say.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with people? Why can't people just say "Congrats on your success!" and move on? So clean eating worked for her. Great. So eating junk food worked for you. Great too. Everyone is different!!! There is not ONE right answer in these situations. Let people lose weight in whatever way that works for them!! You people are freakin mean. To the OP, congrats on your loss.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Dirty dog eating + exercise = 156 pound loss.

BOOM

At my 7th birthday party I invited this girl from my class named Jennifer. At almost every activity she had something to say to compare it to HER birthday party. "At MY birthday party we had CHOCOLATE cake with CHOCOLATE icing." "At MY birthday party I got twice as many presents!" My big sister finally got annoyed and said "I'm sure your party was great but THIS IS NOT YOUR PARTY!! LET HER ENJOY HER BIRTHDAY PARTY OR GO HOME!"

This whole thread reminds me of that. Sad that I can compare a bunch of adults to two 7 year olds and a 10 year old.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options

after clean eating AND working out ...13lb loss

Congratulations on your progress. It isn't the route that I have chosen, but I emphatically commend your commitment.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!