Major I don't care day

Options
1235»

Replies

• srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Does going to coldstone and then trying to jog home count as a IDGAF day?
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    @leejoyce31 "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" . . . I just devoured a sleeve of Planter's peanuts from the vending machine. :-)

Too funny. It happens to the best of us. I hope you enjoyed them.
  • leejoyce31
    edited August 2016
    Options
    mrmeza123 wrote: »
    leejoyce31 wrote: »
    mrmeza123 wrote: »
    When I first started to journal, I noticed that I was grabbing more than I should. Grocery shopping days are the hardest to get through. Just because you can doesn't mean you should grab it, that includes veggies and fruits. Most of the time I was looking to fill my time up for the day. Stay in the fight. Grab small packages and wrapped foods. Just to take the edge off. Once you get back into the circle of your diet, keep yourself busy by taking a walk and let it be known as a reward, getting out and smelling the fresh air and getting out of the house for a little bit. Food is there for our enjoyment and health, not for us just to eat it until it runs out. I like to look at food as a responsibility not a right. Good luck.

Is this in response to my post. I don't understand where you are going? I think you meant this for someone else.

I was adding support to your "off day" (I suppose it could help sometime down our journey). I definitely have those days where I over eat and I continue on with my goals. It is a drag and you can feel down about yourself and things that surround you. I hope that it doesn't stay too long and your doing well since then!

I didn't feel down and in my earlier posts I mentioned that it had no impact. I appreciate that you were offering support but I wasn't in need of it. My thread started because I was just curious as to how many others have those days. Overeating sometimes is a part of life. Nothing to be down about. I am alive and well. I count that as a day to rejoice! I just think readers are conditioned to think that when someone over eats, they are upset and feeling down on themselves. That's not a pattern of thinking that I choose to have. Thanks anyway.
  • leejoyce31
    Options
    I heard something once that put it all in perspective for me: It's not what you do some of the time, but what you do MOST of the time that matters. (This has so far proven to be true for me regarding fitness and weight loss).

So have a good, old IDGAF day every now and then, just not every day!

Yup. Lol.
  • leejoyce31
    Options
    srecupid wrote: »

You're funny. :) Are you still having a hard time since drinking a bit too much over the weekend? Hang in there. It's tough sometimes.
  • srecupid
    Options

You're funny. :) Are you still having a hard time since drinking a bit too much over the weekend? Hang in there. It's tough sometimes.

Little bit. I was just out for a walk to pick up a videogame for my week off work and cold stone was n same parking lot as GameStop. Need to get back on horse tommorow
  • leejoyce31
    Options

Little bit. I was just out for a walk to pick up a videogame for my week off work and cold stone was n same parking lot as GameStop. Need to get back on horse tommorow

Good luck. I hope being off from work doesn't make it to hard for you to stay on schedule. Weekends are a little harder for me because I'm not as busy. I try to stay busy for most of the morning and then exercise, but the rest of the day I'm pretty sedentary. So, I have to make a conscious effort not to get the munchies. So, good luck with the week off from work.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I was at a u pick fruit farm today, kept trying different varieties of peaches nectarines and apples, I didn't keep track but I agree a lot of fruit. Then we hit Costco and well I will just say samples and leave it at that.
  • srecupid
    Options

Good luck. I hope being off from work doesn't make it to hard for you to stay on schedule. Weekends are a little harder for me because I'm not as busy. I try to stay busy for most of the morning and then exercise, but the rest of the day I'm pretty sedentary. So, I have to make a conscious effort not to get the munchies. So, good luck with the week off from work.

I work at a grocery store and am on my break now. In the table is about 10 boxes of brookies and if you don't know what that is its the bottom half is a brownie and the top is a chocolate chip cookie. I had about 3 because I'm broke and didn't want to spend money. So yeah it might be easier to eat healthier on my week off
  • leejoyce31
    Options

I work at a grocery store and am on my break now. In the table is about 10 boxes of brookies and if you don't know what that is its the bottom half is a brownie and the top is a chocolate chip cookie. I had about 3 because I'm broke and didn't want to spend money. So yeah it might be easier to eat healthier on my week off

Just googled a picture of brookies. I'm impressed that you only ate 3. I think I would eat the whole box. They look delicious. Never heard of them before.
  • leejoyce31
    Options
    It's been almost 4 weeks since my last I don't care day. Maybe I'm due for one soon. LOL :)
  • NancyYale
    NancyYale Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I do, but try never to have more than one at a time. If they start to turn into 2 or 3 day stretches, that's when the danger starts for me.

I often have my lowest Weigh-Ins during the week after a "eat everything" day, as long as I get right back on track. Odd how that works,
  • leejoyce31
    Options
    NancyYale wrote: »
    I do, but try never to have more than one at a time. If they start to turn into 2 or 3 day stretches, that's when the danger starts for me.

I often have my lowest Weigh-Ins during the week after a "eat everything" day, as long as I get right back on track. Odd how that works,

It takes me 10 days to get back to normal weight. My I don't care days are only one day. Then back to normal or eating at a small deficit.
  • NancyYale
    NancyYale Posts: 171 Member
    Options

It takes me 10 days to get back to normal weight. My I don't care days are only one day. Then back to normal or eating at a small deficit.

That's why this is all so tough. It's so different for everyone. But you can't fail if you keep on going.

• srecupid
    Options
    I just had 2 almond Joy cookies because they were free and are going to be thrown out in morning and justified it because I have been in my feet last 5 hours at work and am counting on sedentary. I just hope stuff like this doesn't start sneakin up on me.
  • leejoyce31
    Options
    I just had 2 almond Joy cookies because they were free and are going to be thrown out in morning and justified it because I have been in my feet last 5 hours at work and am counting on sedentary. I just hope stuff like this doesn't start sneakin up on me.

Have you noticed a weight creep on the scale? You work around food. That would be hard for me.