AUGUST PUSH-UP CHALLENGE

Options
michael_jordan7
michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
My goal for the month of August is to 2500 push-ups during the month. Basically aiming for 100 per day and realizing I might miss a day here or there. Who will take the challenge with me? I plan to update my progress daily.

Replies

• Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I'll join.
    Aiming for 620 minimum.
  • Ian_Davies
    Ian_Davies Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • Noemy32
    Noemy32 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I'm up to 25 push-ups an hour (x8) every other day
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    If like to be able to do 27 in one minute. Probably won't hit that this month...
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I trust we're all doing FULL (not short arm) straight (no butt in the air) plank push ups with the chest touching the ground at the bottom and the arms fully extended and straight (no bent elbows) at the top.

Anything else is cheating and shouldn't count towards the 2500. ;)
  • michael_jordan7
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    I trust we're all doing FULL (not short arm) straight (no butt in the air) plank push ups with the chest touching the ground at the bottom and the arms fully extended and straight (no bent elbows) at the top.

Sounds good Sgt!
  • michael_jordan7
    Options
    I have done my first 50 this morning and will get 50 more before the day is done!

August total = 50
  • michael_jordan7
    Options
    Just did 25 more mid-morning.

August total = 75
  • Noemy32
    Options
    30 first hour at work
  • zeinmr
    zeinmr Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am in pals. Few month ago I reached 100 Push up one shot but with my heavy weight workouts there is no place for it.
  • michael_jordan7
    Options
    zeinmr wrote: »
    I am in pals. Few month ago I reached 100 Push up one shot but with my heavy weight workouts there is no place for it.

I am hoping that by month's end I will be able to do 100 in one set, doing them in sets of 25 right now.
  • Noemy32
    Options
    Top of the hour 30 more (sorry far 60)
  • Noemy32
    Options
    Noemy32 wrote: »
    Top of the hour 30 more (so far 60)

• kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Are people lifting weights too? I do upper body twice a week and there's no way I could do any push ups those days and feel like my arms are still worthless the day after. I can only really do them on my legs day and my day off...
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    @kendahlj, I only speak for myself of course, but since I don't lift super heavy I do my push-ups and planks every night as I'm stretching and watching TV so they aren't a part of my actual daily workout and therefore, my muscles are recovered from whatever I've done that day.

However, if you lift heavy then I'd say skip the push-ups on your upper body days. Just my $0.02.
  • zeinmr
    zeinmr Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    kendahlj wrote: »
    Are people lifting weights too? I do upper body twice a week and there's no way I could do any push ups those days and feel like my arms are still worthless the day after. I can only really do them on my legs day and my day off...

I am doings 5 heavy weight heavy lift per week. Since it is not a one set push up per day you can divide them into 4 or even more sets depending on your strength. You can also do more than 100 in your rest days.
  • jzazj
    jzazj Posts: 8 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Alright, just joined and said I was looking for a challenge... found this one and it is probably a bit much right off the bat, but why not... Thanks for the motivation!

Total - 20!
  • Noemy32
    Options
    30 more ( 90 so far)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    jzazj wrote: »
    Alright, just joined and said I was looking for a challenge... found this one and it is probably a bit much right off the bat, but why not... Thanks for the motivation!

Total - 20!

Good for you! Remember, the point of a challenge is to challenge yourself and not compare yourself to others. 20 push-ups is great! FWIW, I'm at 2 sets of 8, but I'm just going to keep at it and add on as I can.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »

I'm doing some full push ups as well as variations, so they are counting towards my goal (thus I'm not considering them cheating or anyone else cheating if they do other types of push ups).