AUGUST PUSH-UP CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Plan is to do 5x10 in the morning and 5x10 at night w/rest as needed between sets. 100/day. Easier to keep track of that way.

Just did 5x10 after my morning lifting workout today. Lift 2x's a week and do a circuit routine 1x a week. I don't workout so heavy or intensively that I can't do the pushups.

After this, I'll only post updates on my progress every 5 days/500 pushups.
  • sgt1372
    Options
    Savyna wrote: »
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    I trust we're all doing FULL (not short arm) straight (no butt in the air) plank push ups with the chest touching the ground at the bottom and the arms fully extended and straight (no bent elbows) at the top.

Anything else is cheating and shouldn't count towards the 2500. ;)

I'm doing some full push ups as well as variations, so they are counting towards my goal (thus I'm not considering them cheating or anyone else cheating if they do other types of push ups).

It's the "honor" system and no one is looking over your shoulder or going to "audit" you. Only you know if you really did 2500 push ups or not.

Good luck in meeting the challenge however you care to define it. :)
  • michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Just completed my 100 for the day...the last 25 were killers!

August total= 100
  • nikki8412
    nikki8412 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I need this. My goal is 500 this month. Today, I got 30. Thanks for starting this!
  • Arathels
    Arathels Posts: 6,883 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! Let's set the goal at 1000 pushups for me in August.
  • jzazj
    jzazj Posts: 8 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    OK, Day 1, 11pm, 100 push ups done, 5 sets of 20 spread throughout the day... can't wait to feel my pecs tomorrow... ouch!
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    8/1: 66 (1 x 10, 2 x 5 *break* 1 set each of 13, 12, 11, 10 reps)
  • robdowns1300
    robdowns1300 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm going to ride along. I can't imagine 100 every day, but i'll do my best & see what i get. -Already a day behind.
  • robdowns1300
    Options
    Well, maybe. It's 8:00 am & I'm up to 50 across 3 sets.
  • sgt1372
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I just did my scheduled 50 push ups this morning and decided, that since I'm taking the time to do this, to add in air squats into the routine to make it full body workout.

So, I did 100 air squats (actually goblet squats but I was only using a 5# dumbbell I had lying around which doesn't significantly increase the effort) this morning and will do another 100 air squats w/the 50 pushups that do this evening to catch up. Then I'll just do 50 pushup and 50 air squats each morning and evening from now on.

This is not a "challenge" to anyone else to do this. This is just something else I'm adding in to further challenge myself but you're welcome to join in if you like. ;)
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    great goal...I do 200 a day..every Jan 1, I change it another number....
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I cant do a full push up, Im fat and weak hahahaha

I can do them on my knees....does this count? if so im in and will start NOW!

I have no idea how many I can do in one go (id guess at around 20) but can fit in several lots a day

so can I join even though I do girl push ups ?
  • nikki8412
    edited August 2016
    Options
    mbaby86 wrote: »

I have no idea how many I can do in one go (id guess at around 20) but can fit in several lots a day

Yay, more ladies! :). I sure hope you join! I used to do modified/knee push-ups too but if you want to try off yours knees, try this: On the way up, squeeze your abs and booty and raise your chest first and then your waist/legs together. I had a coach tell me I'd get stronger sooner than staying on my knees. So I did one rep on my knees and one rep the "snake-up" way. You can also do an incline push-up by putting your hands on a bench or even against the wall until you build strength. Hope this helps.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Yes, I say join, too @mbaby86! We all have to start somewhere. I started with the modified push-ups then moved on to the regular ones. It takes a bit, but you can definitely do it! I did 2 sets of 10 last night. Nothing compared to the others on this thread, but that's okay because I'm still increasing every week.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    Options
    nikki8412 wrote: »
    mbaby86 wrote: »

Yay, more ladies! :). I sure hope you join! I used to do modified/knee push-ups too but if you want to try off yours knees, try this: On the way up, squeeze your abs and booty and raise your chest first and then your waist/legs together. I had a coach tell me I'd get stronger sooner than staying on my knees. So I did one rep on my knees and one rep the "snake-up" way. You can also do an incline push-up by putting your hands on a bench or even against the wall until you build strength. Hope this helps.

will give that a go thanks
  • MoveitlikeManda
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Yes, I say join, too @mbaby86! We all have to start somewhere. I started with the modified push-ups then moved on to the regular ones. It takes a bit, but you can definitely do it! I did 2 sets of 10 last night. Nothing compared to the others on this thread, but that's okay because I'm still increasing every week.

yep, im defo in :)

thanks for the lovely welcome and encouragement x
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    8/1: 66 (1 x 10, 2 x 5 *break* 1 set each of 13, 12, 11, 10 reps)
    8/2: 79 (1 x 14, 1 x 3 1 x 4 *break* 1 set each of 16, 15, 14, 13 reps...I get the numbers for that set by the time it is or military time if its after 12pm)

• robdowns1300
    Options
    I got my 100 in today! Let's see how I hold up. I expect it to get harder before it gets easier. I'm weight training too.
  • michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing awesome!
    I only got 50 today, so...

August total = 150
  • nikki8412
    Options
    I got 55 today.