8/2: 79
    8/3: 40
    8/4: 67

8/5 102

8/6 6
  • robdowns1300
    robdowns1300 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    50 yesterday. 100 today. 400 total. I don't know if it's getting easier or if I'm getting better at it. Feels good.
  • michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    25 on Saturday brings me to

August total = 425

I have to pick up my pace.
  • robdowns1300
    Options
    Got 50 in this morning. Doesn't look like the other 50 are going to happen. Maybe. 450 total.
  • michael_jordan7
    Options
    50 for today, August total = 475
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Savyna wrote: »
    8/1: 66

8/5 102

8/6 6

8/7 110. Total so far: 470 of my 620 minimum.
  • michael_jordan7
    Options
    8/1: 66

8/5 102

8/6 6

8/7 110. Total so far: 470 of my 620 minimum.

You are on pace to blow 620 away! Good work!
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    I trust we're all doing FULL (not short arm) straight (no butt in the air) plank push ups with the chest touching the ground at the bottom and the arms fully extended and straight (no bent elbows) at the top.

Anything else is cheating and shouldn't count towards the 2500. ;)

Sounds kind of wimpy. I use bars and lower myself below the bars. But the most I've done in a day about 150, and it hurt. I don't think I could do them everyday!
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    ok so iv not posted since Wednesay (my first day lol) because on thursday I twisted my wrist picking up my 8month old baby and have been unable to use it without pain.
    its feel a bit better this morning so Im hoping to get started again today
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    mbaby86 wrote: »
    ok so iv not posted since Wednesay (my first day lol) because on thursday I twisted my wrist picking up my 8month old baby and have been unable to use it without pain.

Pushups are actually pretty hard on the wrists. Be careful. I haven't been able to do pullups for months because I hurt an elbow. You can also do pushups by leaning in to a counter. There are literally dozens of variations of pushups and some of them get really brutal.

This is actually a great challenge. I'm traveling too much this month to do well, but maybe September?
  • MoveitlikeManda
    Options
    dykask wrote: »
    mbaby86 wrote: »

Pushups are actually pretty hard on the wrists. Be careful. I haven't been able to do pullups for months because I hurt an elbow. You can also do pushups by leaning in to a counter. There are literally dozens of variations of pushups and some of them get really brutal.

This is actually a great challenge. I'm traveling too much this month to do well, but maybe September?

Im Pissed off tbh that iv been unable to do then, would have fell flat on my face if id tried lol.
    hoping now its not constantly hurting I will be able to get a few in today then slowly build them up over the next couple of days because frankly a total of 20 for the month so far is not great
  • robdowns1300
    Options
    Got my 100 in this morning. Looking to make up some of the missed ones too. Total: 550
  • michael_jordan7
    Options
    Got my 100 in this morning. Looking to make up some of the missed ones too. Total: 550

Awesome! I am at 120 for the day and I am going to try to bust out some more to get me back on pace before bed tonight.
  • robdowns1300
    Options
    I managed 25 more this afternoon. That's it for today. Total:575
  • robdowns1300
    Options
    Here's an interesting article: https://t-nation.com/training/best-damn-push-ups-article-period It's ok to post outside links - right?
  • RQuestel
    RQuestel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Will need to do 108 each day to meet the goal. Just did 40.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    Options
    3rd August - 20
    8th August - 18
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,988 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    dykask wrote: »
    Sounds kind of wimpy. I use bars and lower myself below the bars. But the most I've done in a day about 150, and it hurt. I don't think I could do them everyday!

What sounds "wimpy"? Doing a full plank pushup?

Many people can't/don't do them, especially women who don't have sufficient upper body strength, and I don't think everyone in this challenge is doing them. They're just doing what they can/want to do, which is fine w/me. To each their own.

I also have a pair of push up "stands" that I use and can go below parallel. I use them but I don't go too far below parallel because I think that movement is irritating to the rotator cuff and I've already had rotator cuff surgery on both shoulders.

Anyway, just hit 800 pushups today. Doing 50 twice a day (once in the AM and once in the PM) for 100 per day. Really like the "pump" I'm getting in my pecs after each 50. :)

The pushups are getting easier (of course) but I'm not doing sets to failure. Just doing sets of 2x15 and 2x10 (because it adds up to 50) w/a little rest in between.

Could do 2x25 but I don't think the object of the challenge is to become a "beast" -- it's just to exercise the discipline to achieve a specific goal -- in this case, 2500 push ups in 30 days.

• michael_jordan7
    Options
    Good day today, 150 helps get me back on pace.

August total = 600.
  • nikki8412
    nikki8412 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    35 today.