WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2016

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Miriam - I think it is a 1 in 4 chance that each individual child will be blue eyed. However, that all three are blue eyed is a different calculation. My DH had a go and came up with 1 in 27. Anybody know any different? DRKATIE? ?

Heather UK

There are several genes that determine eye color. However, if we assume there is just one gene that determines blue eye color and it is a recessive gene, I believe the chance of three children in a family having blue eyes would be 1/4 x 1/4 x 1/4 = 1/64, 1 in 64 chance that all three children would be blue-eyed. My 2 cents' worth.

Edited to add - I see the math problem has already been solved. b0820.gif
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Janet ~ Add my congrats to frankiesgirl!

Thank you Carol. I was up about 5 lbs but she said she thought it was muscle mass. I think I'll just go with that lol

(((Hugs)))

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Mary and Katla - thanks ladies. I hope I can maintain it while out on the road in the RV for several months.

Janetr OKC
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! So yesterday (Wednesday) the TOPS meeting went well, and I lost .6 lbs from the week before. I will take it. Nice visiting with everyone, singing our song and the end, "The more we get together, together, to-gether, the more we get together the slimmer we'll be. For your loss is my loss and my loss is your loss, the more we get together the slimmer we'll be!!!" We all hold hands and swing them to our singing! Accountability and friendship is a great combo!

So after that, my husband picked me up and we went computer comparing shopping. We checked out the computers at Fred Meyer, but not really a selection. We then went to our "rent to own" store. We have bought our large TV, and our couch\loveseat and rug livingroom set there. The prices are good, if you live paycheck to paycheck. We can handle a $90 bill every month from them, so its really convenient. We do not have any credit cards so we don't ever want to start down that visa hellish road again. So our tower that is really ancient is being downloaded into the monitor that has the computer built right into the thing. That is cool! The sides of the computer has all the connectors for like our digital camera, and when my husband wants to download more podcasts into the mp3 player. He listens to old time radio shows, when he is exercising! So our "just looking" morphed into a lets buy this trip, which is kind of fun!

When you don't have a computer, it's easy to miss it. I have a couple of games that I have fun messing around with. One is " Uru Ages" kind of like "Myst" which is a atmospheric game with puzzles. It's fun to unlock stuff, and get things to work. My husband has a lot of games that are historical based and some he plays via an email with turns like the old Dungeons and Dragons games. Also it does this momma's heart good to type to my Navy sons now and then on Facebook. Makes the distance disappear for a moment. <3

Have a great weekend everyone! This weekend is the "Hood to Coast" race so our little nearby town of Seaside will be packed! If its nice, we will stay home and figure out our new computer! Hopefully we should be able to pick it up tomorrow after our gym time.
    Becca
    Oregon
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,978 Member
    Options
    Yes, Cheri, I use a similar process for getting myself to type my memoir. I say, "I know how to get the laptop out and ready", then, "I know how to turn on the laptop, I can do that", then I say, "I know how to open the Word document ", so I do that. Then, "I know how to get to where I left off," so I do that .... then, "I only have to write one sentence, even if it's a bad sentence" and so on ........

Nice quote from Big Magic, by Elizabeth Gilbert. She quotes from Rebecca Solnit.

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."

So true. :D

Heather UK

:)Heather, When I heard that quote in "Big Magic", I thought of you....I am so glad that you found something in the book that was useful to you.

<3 Barbie
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Fly by hi, but the 1/4 times 1/4 times 1/4 mathematics is correct. Very rare!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Mary and Katla - thanks ladies. I hope I can maintain it while out on the road in the RV for several months.

Janetr OKC

That's why I bring my Kettlebell wherever I go. I am trying to think about how I am going to get it on the train! Enjoy yourself! CICO really does work.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Mary would it fit in a bowling ball bag?
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Mary would it fit in a bowling ball bag?

I thought of that, but I don't have one of those. But great idea! I will check to see if anybody I know has one.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Gee, I wonder what the odds are for 4 members of a family to have 'hazel' eyes that are different in color and that all change to a different color depending on situations around us.

Tracey – Oh, yeah … my parents’ house had the horsehair plaster over slats; one thing however, you need to think about is asbestos; the friends, who took down my parents’ house had to have it abated (all the plaster broken into pieces and taken away) before they could get to the salvage of the house. You need to make sure that you don’t disturb it in any manner; the dust is bad – you need to at least wear a mask; if not a complete hazmat suit when working with it; such as changing doors where you have to cut through it! When the ceiling came down on my Mother … we were all surprised it did not kill her. A fall from 11’ up and a piece that was about 14" in diameter.

Your house sounds wonderful. Refurbishing an old house definitely takes a lot of time and money … money, money, money!

I know what you mean about a Roman Catholic … they don’t usually want to go into another ‘church’. But, I can remember being raised as a Baptist; and, after we married (in the Baptist Church) we said our vows in the Catholic Church. Our boys were raised Catholic; DYS goes to church with DDnL#2 and DGD#4 (not a Catholic Church) … I don’t care where he goes … I’m just happy that he is willing to go. I think it is important to have a ‘church home’. We’re 30 miles away from the nearest Catholic Church; I go when I can … right now I am on a ‘driving restriction’ so I can’t go. DH is a ‘godly man’; but, he thinks it is too far; he drives to and from Albany twice a day. On weekends, he wants to take it easy and do things around here. I know, that he has a great open conversation with God throughout the day.

Hope you and DH have a great birthday dinner! I watched “Fixer Upper” a few weeks ago, saw the same show the other day; and, I just wanted to cry when the ‘new’ home owners wanted them to ‘rip out’ the painted panel wood in the MBR. It was “Pecky Cypress” from the looks of it; that someone very stupidly had painted. Not meant to be painted. Expensive and hard to come by. I just ‘hope’ they did not burn it. Maybe Clint got to it before that happened. Our den and dining area is paneled in it - horizontally.

KarenE – Even though we were right in the middle of a normal neighborhood; because the soil was deemed as being a “Wetland” nothing could be built on this 15 acre buffer. At least not directly behind our old house. Up a few blocks and across a main street; a realtor bought about 25 tracts for developing the land. He and his wife built a ‘huge’ house on it. Then the people who check soil told him that he could not build any more houses (other than his and one other in the neighborhood) because it was all a ‘Wetland’. Gated community with only 2 houses in it. The boys had a ball. When I was little, my BF and I would drag home appliance boxes from the stores uptown; and make houses out of them in our back yards and sleep over night in them. It would not be safe in most places now-a-days. I’m glad that my boys were brought up in a time when there wasn’t so much meanness and evil.

Heather – My first pregnancy (Hydatidiformole pregnancy) and the odds of 1:2000; it still did not make me feel any better that the odds were just the same with subsequent pregnancies. Naturally conceived twins occur 1:89 live births. My OB/GYN who has been ‘in practice’ now for 40 years; told me not long ago, that he and the rest of the practice of 6 MDs have only had 2 cases since; but, with modern equipment that take 3- or 4-D pictures it's easier to find and neither of them got as far along in their pregnancies that I did. I just ‘thank’ GOD every day that he was NOT going to perform a total hysterectomy on a 24-year-old woman, until he had exhausted all possible diagnoses. After I lost that pregnancy I looked like a skeleton with skin stretched over it; all knees, shoulders, elbows, hands, feet. I look like someone who had been saved from the Holocaust.

One of my BF from nursery school was talking about her DnL’s HCG levels being high and the MDs did not know why; because it wasn’t a ‘multiple pregnancy’ (she, herself was a twin). I told her to ask her DnL to ask her OB/GYN about the possibility of a ‘mole pregnancy’. She called me and told me that they discovered that was exactly what she had. When you are pregnant with a ‘multi-pregnancy’ your HCG levels are elevated anyway. One of the reasons I went into my 5th month was because they could not hear the baby’s heart beat; and, I had not felt it move. Like I would have known in my 1st time being pregnant. They did a regular x-ray on me; and found no fetal skeleton; but, what they did see was what looked like a mass of grapes. I provided Duke University Medical College with 5 tubes of blood every Friday for a year (or until all of the HCG was ‘out of my body’). Not the first time that I have nearly died; the next time that I remember was being “Lithium Toxic”. Normally, my range was .6 or .65 … then they tested me and it was 2.5; four times what was ‘normal’ for me. I now take Seroquel.

I try my best ‘not to flirt with danger’. But; I am a survivor!

Love the quote you posted:

Nice quote from Big Magic, by Elizabeth Gilbert. She quotes from Rebecca Solnit.

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon - I love this quote, too:

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

Tracey and Heather – My nephew had totally two different color ‘brown’ eyes. Noticeable, almost like that dog with 2 different colored eyes. One very 'light'; the other almost so dark brown that it looks black. You can only see the center hole if you are right in his face. You have that same thought … ‘how strange’!

Tracyjsbr22 – Welcome … we have a “Tracey” (fanny) … so it would be nice to have a ‘location’ (general or otherwise) so that we will make sure we are directing our posts to you or to her.

Current weight 138.2 (highest ever – other than when pregnant)??? … my goodness … am I looking at numbers that are transposed or not? I have not seen that weight since before I married. We are about the same height. I’m 65 and in a MD ordered/supervised weight loss program. My goal is to get down to a ‘normal’ BMI. Real close there.

Where in South Florida did you move? Was it a transfer because of a job or service? My DMS lives in Miami … and would never ever move anywhere north of Satellite Beach, if that. She loves it down there. But she is very gregarious; never meets a stranger. I’m a bit – less so. Just talkative! I tend to have a few 'trust' issues.

Just make sure to be able to easily that you ‘bookmark’ this site by clicking on the outline of a star in the upper right-hand corner of the posting area; then all you will have to do when you come back to the ‘community’ is click on the gray star and you will go back to your ‘last post’.

Several things to remember: IF you go back a page after you have started typing your post; unless you save it by posting it, you will lose it all. A lot of us open up a word processing program and either put them side-by-side (or go back and forth between MFP and the WPP and then we can respond to any or all of the posts that have been made since we posted last. A lot of people will read up to the ‘current’ page; I find that if I miss a day; I’ll end up with 80-100 posts. I ‘might’ read them; but, sometimes I just ‘jump into the current page’. That is something that only you can decide. Most of the time, a few posts about something, you sort of can ‘guess’ what is going on; if not, then just ‘ask’. This is a site/thread of women; so we will say just about anything. One thing we try NOT to discuss is ‘politics’ or ‘religion’ mainly because this thread is world-wide.
    On the last day of the month; barbiecat will post a new link so you will go to the next month; and, you’ll need to ‘bookmark’ it as above.

Welcome, come often, post often. We’ve got ‘newbies’ and we’ve got people who have been here for several years. We’re here to encourage and to listen and sometimes offer suggestions that (maybe) have worked for us. Tell us a little about yourself, you family, hobbies, etc.

My middle sister is left-handed; she married a ‘lefty’; they had one of two children as a ‘lefty’; they all sat on the far end side of the table when we got together to keep from bumping into others. My oldest niece of my oldest sister is a ‘lefty’; our DOGD is a ‘lefty’ doing certain things; like eating; I am ambidextrous a lot of time. I draw with my right hand; I paint with my left. Right now I have hand tremors so bad that I am surprised that the bank has not called me and asked, did you write check ####, on such-and-such a date … made payable to? It is awful; but, some of it is because of the medications I take.

Jessica
    and Cary – I could fall asleep in any position; therefore … I snored in all positions. I’ve ‘snored myself awake’ and I have woken up to find my boys laughing their heads off (when they were teens). Last year, this time, we went out to visit DYS and his ‘new’ wife; and, she said that several times I ‘stopped’ breathing for over a minute at the time. I easily get 7 – 8 hours of sleep each night sleeping with it. The 2nd day of the 1st sleep studies I had (at the hospital); they had to come in and ‘wake me up’. I’m into my 6th year of sleeping with a C-pap and I’ll even bring it out into the den during the day if I feel sleepy. If I don’t use it; or turn over and pull the mask off; I know it! Sometimes because I am ‘exhausted’ the next day; but, more often because DH wakes me up and tells me to put my mask back on. I use a ‘wisp’ mask which covers only my nose. I’m too claustrophobic to wear a full- or half-face mask. At the hospital, they finally dug up one for me to use; otherwise I would have had to go back and have the tests performed a 2nd time. I just had one done; because my insurance will replace a C-pap machine every 5 years. It took me a while to get used to sleeping with the mask on; but, I would ‘hate’ to have to go without it. The 'new' machine is considerably quieter than my first; but, harder to find the 'fill' water mark.

Marcelynh – I am praying that there are not any big hurricanes in the Gulf either; not in the panhandle of FL and not in LA (where our DYS and his family live).

Janetr OKC – I sometimes get upset about a weight gain or seemingly plateau; but, then the dietician will tell me that my muscle mass has increased and my water % has increased; and, that is better sometimes than always seeing your scale # go down. I’m not worried about my weight now; working towards that ‘normal’ BMI – 2 points away! Muscle weighs more than fat.

I’d definitely need an Editor to work on my memoirs! LOL! As if you couldn’t tell.

Lenora
  • janetr7476
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    janetr7476 wrote: »

Janetr OKC

That's why I bring my Kettlebell wherever I go. I am trying to think about how I am going to get it on the train! Enjoy yourself! CICO really does work.

<3

Mary from Minnesota

Yes, I'll for sure keep track of my food. I'm taking a couple of weights and my 25# kettlebell. Also, because the dogs won't get to run around in the yard, they will need a lot of walking.

Janetr okc
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Lenora, there are many churches that are held online. Like my daughter's church can be watched anywhere in the world that allows it. And it is live. So a person can still 'go' to church but stay in their PJs. Maybe that could be an option for your husband. I don't know of any catholic churches but this particular is nondenominational.

My sister had one of the 'mole' pregnancies. There is no way to tell a woman she is not pregnant or to help her in her grief. You just have to eventually move on. It was really heard on her and my brother. I became pregnant with Michelle and I didn't have the heart to tell her. But the my Dad had open heart surgery and they were going to be here so I had to tell her since I was really pregnant by that time.

Ha any one used Icy Hot or Lidocaine patches for pain. Last night was really bad as far as my bursitis in my legs. Anyway you lay in bed hurts in both legs. So I slept pretty bad. It was really a let down for as good as I felt yesterday. I think I was on an emotional high yesterday that kept me going. But I did to much by going to choir practice. It wore my out

Joyce, Indiana
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,883 Member
    Options
    Hello all: I had my last PT session today. I will miss that drive and chatting with Lisa, but it is also good to be done. I will keep up the exercises. The YM has a Yoqua class starting with the new fall schedule. That intrigues me and I think I will try it out. DH went by himself today to buy groceries. I wonder what the damage will be. I know he did not buy any lettuce. Going to make a dish using some of our home grown green beans.

Melanie - Glad you are able to get back in your house. Hope the clean-up goes well.

Miriam - The girls are looking good.

Jane - Hope your surgery goes well, be sure you do the PT. It will make a difference in the recovery.

Mary - My DH just recently went from Everett, WA to St. Paul and returned by train. He did not use a roomette. He enjoyed the trip. They had someone giving talks about the scenery they traveled through. You are right though about the western trip. It is always late due to Amtrack not owning the tracks and having to give the oil trains right of way. Also pack some snacks as they are known to run out of food in the dining car. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Janetr - Congrats on that doctor's visit.

Becca - So glad you are getting a new computer and we will see you again more often.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • ilikegardens
    ilikegardens Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Joyce, Is there a specific reason you don't want to use tylenol? I never thought it worked for me, and I prefer naproxen sodium, which works fast and only needs to be taken twice a day. But when I had my hip replaced and wanted to minimize my use of the narcotic I found that if I took the tylenol every 8 hours without fail, it worked. If I missed a dose, it took a day or so to reduce my pain.

Janet, Awesome medical check up. Congratulations! I love the image of you doing Kettlebell swings outside!

It's so humid outside that our windows at the back of the house are fogged up. What a drag!! :'(

Today I didn't work out, and I'm glad. I've been doing 1-2 hours everyday for weeks, and even though I mix up the exercises I think I was tired and needed a break.

...I just wrote a long, whiny paragraph about getting my heart rate up. At the end I looked at it, thought, "What are you complaining about? You've got lots of blessings and things to be grateful for, and this is such a minor issue" So I erased it...

Heather, I'll definitely check out that website! Thanks for the tip.

Mary, Truly impressed by your weight on the goblet squats!! You go, girl!!!!

I'm excited about this weekend. Tomorrow's my actual birthday, I'll be 57.

KarenE
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Thanks, Sue <3

Janetr okc
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Lenora: Thanks for telling me about renting your machine. I called the sleep centre and they agreed to rent it to me and then apply the rental against the purchase price.

Jessica: I wasn't aware that it could be a long process to know if the c-pap is helping or not. But as I can now rent for a while without buying it takes some of the stress of having to make a decision today. Spending that amount of money is always stressful to me. :)

Barbie: Yes, Dad has gone to his regular Dr as well and he's ordered some extra tests and given him strong pain killers to ease the pain. Unfortunately, he took the first one ok but the second time he took one he couldn't breathe all night.

Katla: So sorry your hubby isn't able to enjoy the boat anymore. I really love the Tibetan proverb.

Janetr: Congrats on the excellent doctor visit!

Later friends,

Carey -Northern Alberta
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    karen E - Thanks! I just bought my next set of three Kettlebells because my goal is to be able to swing 50 lbs by the end of 31 weeks!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hello, Welcoming Women!

Another day, another 29.5 cents… Nothing exciting going on – YAY!

Someone asked me, can’t recall who, what type of yogurt I eat… it’s Dannon, Light and Fit Greek. 80 protein packed delicious calories… and only 8 or 9 grams of carbohydrate – depending on the flavor. Some are “fruit on the bottom” and some are blended – but all are nice. Very satisfying. I haven’t found one that I didn’t like, yet… and I am particularly fond of Toasted Coconut Vanilla and Strawberry Cheesecake… At least today!

&&&&&&&&&&&

Michele - *arrrrgh* Oh well. Maybe Bowling Boy will behave. LOL – I never have to work too hard to convince DH that eating out is the answer... he loves to go to restaurants.

Mary – I was born in Carmel, California – and raised up and down the coast. I moved to Oregon when I was 12… but we drove the coastal highway many times. It’s gorgeous, and there are hundreds of little places to explore along the way. I know you will love it. I only moved to TX 15 years ago… which means I am not “officially” a Texan, yet. I have another 35 years to go… Oh, and I don’t think you will have ROOM to swing the kettle bell on the train… A friend took a train trip recently, and he whined considerably about how tiny the room was – and he got the “big” one… of course, if anyone can figure out how to make it work… Our Kettle Bell Goddess will do it!

Elizabeth – I thought maybe you had just changed your profile pic and that it was you… You did recently put up a new profile picture, right?

Pip:p

Katla – ((Hugs!)) Small manageable tasks… One step at a time, One day at a time. We are all rooting for you… I expect you will “Woman Up” with the best of them. **And maybe, just maybe, DH can take a motion sickness med when you go out on the boat? I am sure the Doc will know.

Lenora – I had the long hair parted in the middle in the early 70’s – didn’t move to Farrah hair until much later… lol. I must say, I have made a lot of forays into the Thesaurus sites to keep coming up with new things to greet everyone with… LOL.

Chris – ((Hugs!)) Wish I could wave a magic wand and have a fabulous job fall into your lap! And hey, why not a fabulous man, too? I hope you have a better day…

Rori – So… you are going to Oahu… are you moving there? I may have missed something. Good luck on the condo sale!

Joyce – It’s going to take a minute for you to be back to 100%, Hon. Your body has experienced some trauma… and no matter what your head says, your body is going to do what it needs to do. And that holding the note thing – you are going to have to work back up to that… you have to work that diaphragm, or it gets floppy, like any other muscle. So sorry you can’t take the pain meds with the blood thinners… DH was on them for a couple of years and it was a lot of work... regular checks on the level of thinning and all that. (Hugs!)

Karen/VA – Shake those Pom Pom’s Sister! And yeah, I had done the math on the probability, too… but, three posts down – poof – there was the answer. Our ladies are so SMART!

Margaret – (Heart)

Carey – glad I can make you smile, Sugar. (Hugs!) So sorry for your Dad. Arthritis is bad, bad, stuff. But now that you mention it – you would think he would have had some indication before he was crippled by the pain – so you might want to get a second opinion. I can’t help but recall that the ER at our local hospital sent my DH home with a diagnosis of sinus infection when he was actually suffering the aftermath of a stroke…

Janet – Be glad that hotdogs don’t float your boat… they are one of those things that no doctor would ever recommend… :] And how fun is it to impress your Doctor? Mine was kind of amazed that I had lost weight at all – I guess they all are… Most people just talk about it… they don’t actually do it. Great work!

Gloria/WA – Gee – even I have seen Titanic…And I am usually years behind on movies. Did you like it? I just remember that for months and years after it came out, that stupid song would play a gazillion times on the radio… lol. I mean, yeah, it was a nice song – but do we really need to hear it 85 times a day? Great job on drinking that water!

Dac2000 – Welcome!

Julie/NJ – LOL – MEN! My DH does minimal exercise, has not changed his eating much – and he lost almost as much weight as me in half the time… nope – it just ain’t fair! Of course, he still outweighs me by 100 pounds… and if I have anything to say about it, he will continue to do so until I get to goal!

Heather – The probability that your DGC are adorable is 100%! And nice to find a great recipe that you can use again and again… I am having the Moroccan Chicken Stew tonight… the crock pot is bubbling merrily away at home and DH says the house smells divine.

Miriam - One of the Smartest of the Smart...

Allie – Never hurts to ask. My Mom always says – If you don’t ask, you don’t get. Enjoy the concert!

Jenn – Welcome – and FANTASTIC – it’s time to put yourself first in your life, isn’t it?

Barbie - B)

Lisa – DH and I keep saying – no matter how much we want to slug out, we get up and go – because it’s easier to keep going, than to start over. We are even talking about finding a gym near my Mom’s house and going while we are on vacation… we just don’t want to lose that momentum that we have built up.

KJ – Cobra will be about three times that – and I am not sure the life insurance would be included… It’s been a long time since I had to use Cobra… sorry. I just remember it was REALLY expensive.

Tracey – HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! One day a year, you get a pass… don’t sweat it if you go over, today. Enjoy!

Cheri – Excellent advice on breaking down the tasks. So many things seem HUGE when you look at the whole. I am going to have to try your method on some chores at my house. So many chores… so little time… :/ But, perhaps if I can break them down, I can at least make a start.

NYKaren – Debt whittling – Been there, Done that. Retirement? Er… no.

Tracy/FL – Welcome! There is an outline of a star at the top of the conversation on every page… click that and it turns yellow. Then you can find this post easily any time, by clicking on the little black star at the top of every page. 1 lb or 100 lbs to lose, everyone is welcome here. We have folks in all states of being… from actively trying to lose large pounds to those who have lost and are maintaining. All of them are fantastic.

Carol – I LOVE vintage jewelry. I don’t care who you are, those items were gorgeous! And I have never been any kind of a fashion maven – I like what I like and I wear what I like… I don’t CARE what anybody else is doing. I am sure there must be more like me, out there.

Jessica – Ah Romance… we will expect every detail on the whole wedding extravaganza….

Kylia – yep – the posts just keep on rolling along… Don’t sweat it. Just read back a page or two and then move on. Sometimes it’s all you can do. ((Hugs!))

Jane – try logging out and then back in… you probably were just surfing as a “guest.”

SueBDew – Hot is bad… lol. Hope the nutrition perked you up.

Marcelyn – Your weekend sounds like fun… I think every woman should get a break from the DH now and again… Girl Power!

Becca – Ahhhh. Seaside. Many is the time I have eaten prime rib and watched the sun set over the waves… Miss that! (Both the Prime Rib AND the waves… LOL.)

Kay - *waves*

Sue – I loved it last year when I was able to use my own veggies to make the very best spaghetti sauce, ever… lol. This year, I was too crazy busy to get the garden going… so, next year, it’s the Cheri method… today, I will clear 3 feet of earth… lol.

KarenE – HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I am off to eat some lovely Moroccan Chicken Stew… and binge-watch Major Crimes…

Hugs for Everyone!!

Re in TX
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,978 Member
    Options
    :)Re, I'm with you loving the days with nothing exciting going on....no drama is the best....I really admire the way you respond so kindly and humorously to so many.

:)Janetr. i was able to lose weight while traveling for a whole summer in our RV....it was great to have my own kitchen and prepare my own meals exactly the way I wanted them. I didn't do strength training then, but I sought every opportunity to walk wherever we were.

1031910m5uhc2jyfc.gif We have a houseguest and Bernie, the cat, refuses to leave the bedroom when there is someone in the house besides us...so he has spent the day on the far side of our bed or under the bed...he came out last night once our friend was in bed with the door closed. Our friend will be here until tomorrow afternoon.

<3 Barbie at the top of the PNW
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Re- yes, the roomette is very tiny but very private. I probably will not be swinging my Kettlebell on the train. But, I will be able to do it at the hotel. As well as a lot of walking. Did you have any favorite places to stop along the coast to eat or sleep?

<3

Mary from Minnesota