WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY

Options

Replies

• smelliott
    smelliott Posts: 120
    Options
    Good Morning everyone,
    Yesterday was difficult for everyone but the funeral service was very nice. Thanks to everyone for their support.

Now I am determined to get back to logging my foods and try to get more exercise.

My June goals –
    1. To exercise 3 times a week - I was doing great in France, not formal exercise, but was walking loads every day but since we came home I’ve been terrible. I will get back into it next week.
    2. To drink more water – this is my downfall. I DO NOT like water! I can manage flavoured at a push but I much prefer a cup of coffee. I drink always decaf so it’s probably not as bad for me as “proper” coffee but I know it’s not as good for me as water.
    3. To maintain my weight in France - I not only managed to maintain my weight in France but actually managed to lose some! I haven’t been good this week though, irregular hours and meals (including junk I wouldn’t normally eat) and far too much wine will no doubt have had an effect when I get on the scales tomorrow but I’m not going to feel bad about it, I will just get back to being good.

My July goals-

1. To exercise at least 3 times a week
    2. To drink more water (as always!):blushing:
    3. To get into the 140s and a healthy BMI at last. (I started my journey with a BMI of 31.1 which was in the obese range)
    Congratulations to everyone who hit their June goals and I wish everyone well with their personal July goals.
    Welcome to all the Newbies who’ve just found this thread. This is a great group and you will get loads of love and support and understanding from the members.
    Since I’ve been MIA recently I’ve skimmed through the June posts but not been posting but there were a couple that I remember and must say something about.

Rebel – Belated Happy Birthday. Glad to hear you had a good day.:flowerforyou:

Mimi – Hope your thumb is healing and the news about your son is wonderful. I wish them a long and happy life together.:heart:

Kathy – Congratulations on the birth of your Grandson. I love the name Isaac. He is beautiful!

Robin – Glad to hear Keira is ok after her surgery

BirdieM – so sorry to hear about Anthony. He was so young. Your daughters were so brave to sing at his funeral mass.
    :heart:

Now here goes for July.

Barbie – thanks for sorting out this month’s thread for us and for being such a good support. A pound away from your revised goal sounds fantastic. Well done! :flowerforyou:

Pamela –Well done even with the gain (which was probably down to water retention or something) 6lbs in a month is great!

Mary – Great news about your Mom getting home from rehab!

BirdieM - sounds like you are going to have a very busy weekend. Well done on getting to a point where maintaining your weight is an option. You can always lose that extra couple of pounds when it’s time to buy new winter clothes.

Needamulligan – don’t beat yourself up too much about June. What’s done is done, just get back on the wagon and make July a better month.

Ainsliegen – Congratulations on the 4.5lbs. That’s great!

Susiewusie – SO GLAD to hear your Mam’s chest problem wasn’t what you feared. Have a great birthday!

Jackie – I’m not very keen on ironing either but once I start I have to keep going until it is all done. I used to have a lady to do my ironing. I never thought she did it as well as I could but it was still wonderful not to have to do it. My most hated job is cleaning the oven !!

Barb – Wow 9lbs! ~Well done!

Tiarapants – your step grandson sounds delightful. It’s true what you say about men and manuals. My husband would only ever read one as an absolutely last resort. Oh, and congratulations on the forthcoming twins. You must be so excited.

Suezzzque – good luck with the house, hope they accept your offer.

Mimi – Congratulations on losing 6.5 lbs. that’s great! The wedding on the mountain peak sounds great. Hope everyone has a fabulous time.

Fay – Congratulations on those 4lbs lost.

DJDuffy – Congratulations on the 6lbs you have lost so far

Viv – Well done on the loss. All that exercise must be paying off.

I am going to try to be extra good for the next week because next Saturday (10th) I am going to Canada for a week to see my sister Beverley and her husband Ian in Calgary. I’m going with my other sister Michelle who lives in Hampshire (the other end of England from me) so it will be great to see them both. It will be Stampede when we are there so we plan to go to the Rodeo and the Chuck Wagon racing. (I did both with DH last year but am looking forward to going again). We also plan to visit Banff and Lake Louise. I can’t wait. DH and I loved our visit to Canada. This is Michelle’s first visit so it will be great showing her around. The portions are just so big in Canada though and I love the pancakes and maple syrup. I know it will be a challenge. I will just have to walk loads!
    Bye for now
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    Options
    Hi, I'm 59 and just found you ladies.....I would like to lose 5 pounds in July and I can see by all your "tickers" that you must be a great group as you have lost tremendous amounts......I wanna lose big too:laugh:
    I usually don't have a problem with the drinking of water because I love ice water and drink it all day. My biggest problem is after dinner when I am "winding down" from my day at work.
    How do you keep yourself from "munching" in the evening? I'm not hungry, I just want to "nibble" or "graze" as some would call it. I need to find a way to stop myself.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    How do you keep yourself from "munching" in the evening? I'm not hungry, I just want to "nibble" or "graze" as some would call it. I need to find a way to stop myself.

I only allow myself sugar free jello or hot herbal tea after my evening meal. Its amazing how well that something hot kicks the munchies in the head. If I'm craving chocolate I drink Swiss Miss Sensible Sweets Diet Hot Chocolate. If I'm still feeling munchy after that I remove myself from the temptation by going for a walk. I've also asked hubby to question my motive if he sees me heading back to the kitchen after supper.

When I first started this journey I posted my most awful "fat" picture on the door of my fridge and as my desktop background as a reminder of what I could look like if I didn't make some better habits.
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :heart: :flowerforyou: Hi everyone.

I've been thinking about goals for July and decided that as I didn't meet all June's goals I'd stick with them for July. :ohwell: I did managed to just squeeze in a loss for the month. :smile: :smile: not as much as I'd hoped but better than nothing :laugh: I'd better change my ticker.

:smile: We've had a lot of rain here overnight and early this morning, but we were lucky in that it stopped by the time we went out at 6:30 a.m. to walk the dogs. It was still quite warm though, even though the sky was full of rain clouds. Went shopping for a few hours and the sun started to peek through :glasses: looks like the rest of the afternoon will be hot and sunny. I hope it stays nice for my few days in Brid next week.:laugh:

:smile: I was in the middle of tidying up when I got so overheated I stopped to sit for a while and decided to check in with you all. Welcome to all newbies I hope you enjoy chatting with us.

:flowerforyou: Denise I know you mentioned that you wanted to get your BMI down, I think my BMI is around 30 and even though I have lost a few pounds I don't think my BMI has changed yet. I'll have to check on it next time I weigh in.

:flowerforyou: justahorsen I find that evening is the time I want to nibble too, I'm trying to not do it too often and when I do to have something that is not too high in calories. At least mfp has made me think before I eat :bigsmile: Doesn't always stop me - but at least I think about it.

Well I'd better carry on with the tidying up, I need to hoover the stairs and mop the floors.:frown: I hate housework :frown:

BFN
    Viv
  • BarbieCat1
    BarbieCat1 Posts: 82
    Options
    Yay.. over half pound down this AM ... now must get myself out the door for a walk .. but first....

Tiara, there must be a motto... "real men don't read instructions" My DH is a smart man, but he thinks he ought to be able to figure things out by himself and it's an affront to his masculinity to refer to an instruction manual. Yet I still have to work the remote if he wants to do anything other than just change channels. :huh:

Michele... There's an old misconception about the Elderhostel organization... it's not hosteling, though a long time ago, lodgings were occasionally spartan. But the Road Scholar programs these days provide nice hotel type accommodations with only a few special exceptions ... just as one would have on any good tour. The main difference between Road Scholar trips [Elderhostel is the name of the parent organization] and other tour companies is the educational component... even on the active trips, there are visits to really interesting places, talks by experts, guided tours to sights and places of local interest. I might add, Road Scholar/Elderhostel is a non profit travel organization.

DH and I have been on 24 of their trips over the past 10 years, in the USA and abroad. Our most recent, this past February, was 8 days biking through Mexico's Yucatan. Besides biking, we visited archeological sites, lounged on beaches, snorkeled, enjoyed local seafood and stayed at very nice hotels.

My only problem with the Mexican trip was my weight. I was not in my best shape, and the excess 20 pounds I carried was a burden. That's being taken care of.. by the time we leave for France it will be a burden of the past. I will be fit again.

But why not explore their website and check things out for yourself? Visit their website at RoadScholar.org, you can see the variety of travel experiences available and learn about the programs. Do some searching... Some trips are extensive and because of all their features, a bit pricey ... but many are very reasonably priced, particularly those in North America. They are all inclusive [meals, lodging, transportation, entry fees, etc]... with no tipping, no extra fees. Singles are welcome at no extra fee, unless one wants a single room to themselves.

No, I don't work for them... I'm just a happy satisfied traveler. :bigsmile:

And now, out the door.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    BC1 my mom and dad went on lots of the Elderhostel tours all over the world. Now my Dad and his lady go on the Roadscholar stuff all the time. they just got back from one in Cambridge. they loved it. My Dad actually was part of their program in Palm Springs for a couple of years where he did a Cole Porter show and educational program. It is really a great program that my DH and I will take advantage of in the near future. :happy: .

Mimi - have a great mountain wedding and family reunion:drinker:

SuzyQ - hope the short sale comes thru for you.

Barb - when we live up here we just have to deal with some water on our heads. You are right hats help.:bigsmile:

Since I have intensified my strength training I find I am getting the evening munchies. I think this is contributing to my current weight loss stall My official weigh in was 150.6 this morning. I know I will be down to the 140's again tomorrow but I just can't seem to make them stick. :angry:

Congrats to all of you who lost in June. :drinker: I lost some but not the 5 pounds I was hoping for. So I will hope for 5 pounds again for July.

DH and I a planning our camping trip in July. My daughter Holly is going to fly up and join us.:love: We are going over to a campground on San Juan Island ust out of Friday Harbor. We were there once before in 2002 and had a great time. :smile: So I now have a new camp kitchen set up in my living room along with a brand new tent the size of Texas.:laugh: aparently DH is going crazy but that is okay he deserves it he works so hard. We will be there in August for his birthday for 5 days but I already have been shown the checklist and the list of things we still need to do/buy. He is just a little excited. :tongue:

I hope everyone has an absolutely awesome day.
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Hello All, marking my spot for later. Read everyone's posts but am at parents and must not sit long at their computer but try to be helpful for the bit I am here! Trying to get on the road to SIL's in VA before traffic is heavier later in the afternoon.

Everyone in US, have a safe and Happy 4th, Happy Canada Day to our Northern neighbors and Happy weekend, everyone else! Kackie:heart:
  • kerrynev
    kerrynev Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello to all and welcome to the newbies. I am marking my spot for later. I have been lurking.
    Kerry
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Friday to All,

Just a quick check in, as it's my half day at work and I have a lot to get done before the three days off.

#2 Son comes home for his 4 day pass and #2 DIL is still "great" with child. Noah grandson #1 is very excited that Daddy will be home and is looking forward to spending time playing. My Son is torn as he wants to spend time with his wife and son, but if she goes into full blown labor then his time with Noah will be less, yep quite the delema :ohwell: We are supposed to have a BBQ at our house tomorrow evening while he's home, the good thing about that is we are in control of the food so I can make sure there are good things for me to eat! Last week when we were at Sam's Club we picked up some Turkey Burgers that look pretty healthy, I'll let you know how they taste.

:flowerforyou: Welcome to: Justahorsen - the way I keep from the nibbles after dinner is I keep a glass of water at hand so that when I get the urge to put something in my mouth it's more water, I figure I can't have enough since I usually just manage to get in the 8 glasses per day.

Mimi - Winnemucca...if we hadn't had those two road trips to Oregon this past March & May I wouldn't have known where that was, but now I do as we spend one night there in March....not much there except the sand dunes from what little we saw. :huh: Hope you enjoy yourself and are able to stay in control of the food, I know it's hard when away from our regular routines.

I spoke with Mom briefly yesterday, one of the caregivers had to dial the phone for her, it was a bit of a strange conversation as she seemed a bit confused. Sometimes I wonder if I am the only one that feels that way when they talk with her, One thing I do know is that she isn't doing much to stimulate her brain, as the only thing on her TV is Fox News and she never changes the channel. She used to read a lot (she's a former school teacher with an English Major) and it's really hard to hold a conversation with her since she doesn't do or watch anything that we can really talk about....and you can talk about the weather and politics only so much. Anyway I'm a bit frustrated with that. My cousin called and he has finished doing the tune up on Mom's home so I will be putting it on the market next week, we figure it's 20% less then what they paid for it back in 2007, oh well:ohwell:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Get plenty of water and stay in control over what you can and will look forward to hearing how everyone's weekend goes.

I will post my July goals tomorrow, until then have a good Friday:flowerforyou:

Laura:smile:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Happy Canada Day to those to the north!

I have to get mom in the car in 15 minutes to bring her to the doctor's today, so I am off work. It is a routine check up on her pacemaker.

We had a nice early morning walk with the dogs and it was exciting for them, other dogs, people, bunnies and birds.

I promise to try and get back on later and set July goals.

Later,

Jeannie
  • mynyddisamrs
    mynyddisamrs Posts: 387
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello everyone .....
    A distracted check in today as I'm watching Wimbledon as well as posting!
    :glasses: A sunnier day here ....washing all done and blowing in the breeze. A daily event now with mum home but we have been told we can apply to our Welsh Water supplier to "Peg" the amount we're charged ....the application went off today. Fingers crossed. We're expecting a hosepipe ban soon and have emptied and refilled the hot tub ready for the rest of the summer ...which will be good ...it will...honest!!!
    :drinker: Our dinner's simmering in the slow cooker and all food is duly logged. No weigh in this morning...my routine has changed so much with the carer coming in at 8am. I've put in the housework...including all the beds made plus the culinary antics! Can't say I did breakfast though as that now falls to DH. :happy: The smell of the bacon and fresh coffee early on in the day is great!
    :frown: I'm off to the dentist tomorrow with a chipped back of my front tooth ....again. I thought it would be OK but eating an ice cream...I do log it down !!! ....is agony. Hot drinks too, so it seems it's a bit too thin at the back. Seeing as it was done not too long ago i think I want a discount!! or for free maybe!!
    Denise ..:noway: .I don't like cleaning my oven either!! It has a self clean finish on it and I put the shelves in the dishwasher. Most stuff is in casseroles etc and we're using the steamer more and the slow cooker so it doesn't get too bad.
    So .....off to dish up the tea... A mediterranean type chicken casserole ....head out the wheelchair to the dining room. The paintwork in the house is taking a bit of a bashing ..:ohwell: .I haven't passed my test yet and we need corner protectors on the walls I think!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Have a great weekend folks, I hope you have time to relax...get some "Me" time and enjoy life if you can .
    BFN
    :heart: Jackie
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hey Barbiecat and all,

It's always appreciated when you all write to me. I do appreciate it more than you know. I am dealing with the kids being out of school. I love it and prefer it that way, but i am off my regime. My knee is, by the grace of God, doing well. 'The bruising is starting to disappear. I have either a chest cold or really bad allergies. I truly cannot figure it out. Maybe both.

I am summer schooling the kids, and next week they start drama camp. That will give me a month
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    Okay - I said I was going to be better at posting daily. OOPS!!!! Not so much. But, I am back to using the journal on MFP and will TRY to check in daily.

I have found through the last month - actually I knew it before but I guess I wasn't ready to admit it - I am a carb-a-holic. The last 5 days I have been trying (and have been pretty successfull) to stay away from the simple carbs. I have been loading up on the protein and the fresh fruits and vegetables along with the whole grains occasionally. It has been amazing how much better I feel already. However, I have been thinking about bread today so I have to keep myself busy so I can say "NO". Anyway, that's where I'm at.

I hope I can be more consistent with my posting. Hope you all have a great July 4th celebration.

Esther
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!:bigsmile:
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!:heart:
    BirdieM:love:
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Birdie: I like your signature. You look awesome in your picture. We can stay focused through this weekend right?
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I just remembered that I was going to try to drink more than the minimum 8 glasses of water a day.......I don't "enjoy" water the way I do other beverages, so I don't even consider trying to pretend that I do.....instead I drink water as a chore (like brushing my teeth, washing the dishes, making the bed, etc.)......I walk into the kitchen pour 8 ounces of water and drink it and then put a tally on the paper I use to keep track.......if I waited around until I "wanted " to do some things, they'd never get done.

:flowerforyou: we have been looking at our finances and ways to save and one thing we decided was that two people don't need three satellite TV hookups in the house...the solution should have been a quick phone call to the satellite company to disconnect one hookup, but instead we've decided to move the bigger TV into the den so to save $5.00 a month we'll probably spend a whole day rearranging furniture and cleaning :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: kc, I'm glad to hear that your knee is doing better....I know you're enjoying your kids and being involved definitely changes all the routines.....enjoy, and check in when you can

:flowerforyou: Esther, I know where you are about carbs (bread in particular).......I don't even go down the bread aisle at the grocery store because I begin to fantasize about eating it all.

:flowerforyou: my parents went on many Elderhostel vacations......they were perfect because there was an educational component to them and my dad didn't like to do anything unless he thought it was good for him :laugh:

I'm wearing one of my patriotic t-shirts today to begin my celebration of Independence Day.....i bought watermelon and something for bbq on Sunday and we'll go to a band concert in the park.....the weather promises to be good.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

Reading about Barbiecat's plans reminded me of LAST year on July 1st, when she and Jake were in their motor home in BC. I went in search of our thread from last July and found the following trip down memory lane:
    We are in Canada----Oliver, BC. We wore our Canada t shirts and hung our Canadian flag.

We are finally at a campground with wifi so Jake and I are taking turns with the computer catching up with e mails and MFP friends. I have missed you all so much.

I will write more later, I just wanted to get connected with the July thread.

And from July 3rd, 2009:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    We're home. We decided while driving though some more beautiful British Columbia mountains that we wanted to come home rather than spend the Independence Day weekend at a campground. So Jake drove almost 400 miles to get us home. We had to wait two hours in line at the ferry because of the holiday traffic but we were fine since in the motor home we had our own washroom and the makings of a great lunch (wasa crackers, garlic hummus, and fuji apples). I walked for 20 minutes on the passenger deck on the ferry, then 20 minutes at the dog park so the girls could play, and then rode the exercise bike for 30 minutes. Now I'm ready to collapse and go to bed.

I'll write more tomorrow,

hugs,:heart:
    Barbie

Sounds like this year, the 4th will be much more relaxed for the both of you.

It appears I have no plans, other than sticking close to home to protect doggies from big bad things that go BOOM!! in the night. So far, thanks to the rain, and the new limits on when the firebugs can shoot off their "toys", it has been pretty quiet around here. It appears that Bradley is oblivious to fireworks, which is a relief, and Mai Li always has completely ignored them, but Pepper made it clear it was time to come home when we walked tonight and a few went off in the distance. Thank goodness we only do this once a year.:frown:

One other thing I noticed was that we are missing Rose AKA LaurelFisher. She hasn't posted since June 3rd, when she mentioned her husband would have to have jaw surgery. Has anyone heard from her?

I will probably set up my noise-making arrangements here at home (running the kitchen stove exhaust fan and playing a radio in the bedroom to cover the fireworks noise) and have dinner with my parents on the 4th and come home early in the evening. There is no point in taking the dogs with me to their place as there are some neighbors right next to the senior living community that go nuts with fireworks every year, so it will be quieter here. One of the many accomplishments that happened during my tenure on the HOA Board was voting in a ban on all fireworks within our property. It has been much quieter in the immediate vicinity for the last 2 years.

Well, I hope everyone is ready to have a good long weekend, wherever they are, and don't forget to drink your water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and resist all those goodies at the BBQ, or if not able to resist, have a reasonable serving and quit!!

BFN

Barb
  • mynyddisamrs
    mynyddisamrs Posts: 387
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Morning .....Happy Saturday!!
    What happened to us having a nice hot and sunny day here in N.Wales??:frown: 'tis cloudy , breezy and cooler.

I've nipped to the dentist as planned. It was rather like the "Marie Celeste" when I got there with just the dentist and his side kick holding court!! He quickly re - did the back of my little front tooth ..:smile: .no charge ...and off I went. I picked up my bag and keys and said my cheerios. Got to the car and ...oops! ...:noway: The keys I had in my hand weren't mine. Dash back to the surgery to find it all locked up and no - one around!! I knocked the door, knocked the window and in the end a distant voice said "Helloooo" The said Dentist appeared ,mask and all, to retrieve his keys!! .Poor guy ... he would've been stuck !

Back home and logging in ...food ok for the day. :smile: Scales were good today .. by that I mean not up!! It does give me an incentive to know I'm not having to play catch up today!

:ohwell: UK tennis hopes are out of Wimbledon ....oh well. maybe next year Mr Murray. Football's lost it's appeal too ...we'll be back to watching all the old CSI cop programmes I think.

:grumble: Don't you just hate it when you've booked something ie. a holiday/cruise early to get a good deal, only to find that later on you could get the same thing cheaper. The cruise we've booked for our Ruby Wedding Anniversary next March is now the equivalent of £240 cheaper . The TA says they can't help so I've E.Mailed P&O to have a moan ...probably won't get us anywhere but you never know! I do hate doing things last minute but it looks the better option sometimes.

:frown: #1 son has intimated he longer likes his new job!! Boy do I feel like knocking some sense into him sometimes!! I do feel for him though. He knows he must stay there now (wife + two kids) ... he must make the best of it and give it time. One month is not long enough to know or is it? I did know I'd made a mistake moving to my last job ....I sat in the car after the first day and cried. I Finally escaped after five years... to care for my Mum. That was three years ago and I don't miss "work" at all.
    :smile: #2 son has accepted a permanent job with the Computer software company he was working for with an agency. Phew ...one less worry. Slightly less £ but with more training, security etc. Good in these uncertain financial times.Needs must with a family. #2 earns double #1 ...they're like chalk and cheese too.

So ...now I'm off to ...you guessed it ...do some washing.:laugh: I thought it was thundering here but no ...DH has fallen asleep whilst watching TV news.
    :drinker: Have a great weekend everyone .....good choices for all.
    BFN
    :heart: Jackie
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday ladies.

We had a late night and an early morning. I seem to have been whizzing about all day so far. DH and I went shopping for a new work bag for him. He has to carry a lot of papers around with him most of the time and wanted something more than just a laptop bag. He found the perfect thing and it was reduced to half price. Always a good thing! It's also a much lighter bag than his last one, which I could barely pick up and I know it wasn't doing him much good, carrying it around on the tubes etc all day long.

After shopping we dropped some books off with DH's cousin to keep her occupied whilst recovering from surgery. Then did an earlyish visit to mum-in-law at the nursing home. She was NOT in a good mood. We wheeled her out into the garden (which normally cheers her up) but she pouted and complained for the entire time we were with her. I always feel impotent when she's like this as there is no way of making her happier. The one blessing is that she will have forgotten it all immediately afterwards.

Our intentions for the rest of the day are to have some 'us time'. DH is reading at present and says he will be doing some gardening later. I'm not convinced that he will - he's too engrossed in his book! I like it when he's sitting in the same room as I am and we are both doing our own thing. It is a very relaxed and companionable feeling.

Early evening is put aside for a good long walk in Richmond Park. It's not too hot today and there is a pleasant breeze. We drove through Richmond Park on our way home from the nursing home earlier and from the top of the hill we could see the City of London, Houses of Parliament, St Paul's Cathedral, The London Eye and many other famous sites. It was all so clear! Also, as we going down the hill, a shaft of sunlight hit White Lodge (The Royal Ballet School which is in the centre of the park). It looked spectacular! DD#1 attended the ballet school for two years, but gave up after an injury. It was such a shame that she was unable to continue as she had a lot of potential and was awarded the annual silver ballerina award on two consecutive years before she even joined the Royal Ballet School. In fact it was Lesley Collier who first persuaded her to apply for the school.

What are our American friends planning for July 4th? I have always wanted to be in the States for the celebrations. We have nothing remotely similar over here.

I have just heard the washing machine come to a stop and want to get the next load in and this one out on the washing line, so I'm off to do that now.

A very good and wise weekend to you all xx
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Quick post as we have a very busy weekend planned. DD#1 and family are coming for a bike ride this AM then off to a lake to swim the rest of the day. We were going to go biking longer but DGD age 9 is just not a comfortable biker. The odd thing is that this child does cartwheel on a beam, climbs anything and yet is afraid of a bike. So we do not want to travel 1 1/2 hours to our favorite bike path as she is allready saying she does not want to bike. So, we will go close and coax her along. Usually everyone else goes ahead and I stay behind with Chloe. We are quite a site when we all go. DH has an attacement that is called a "tag-a'long" on his bike which makes it a bike for 2 that the 5 year old can pedal, then DD#1 has the baby on a child seat and the rest are just riding along. Tyler age 11 must always be first and see how fast he can go. I do thouroughly enjoy my family though. Unfortunately new SIL says he does not like to ride so DD#2 will not be joining us.
    I am hoping to have some quiet time tonight to sit and get caught up with all of you. Have a blessed day and enjoy!
    linda
    P.S. I am really enjoying my HRM. I find it makes me want to exercise harder to see the numbers go up. For all of the vegetarians on here last night we found a Chinese Restaurant with a large vegetarian menu and tried for the first time General Tso's tofu--it was amazing. I cannot even tell you how much the 5 and 2 year old ate. Plus broccoli and garlic was to die for.