Friends with benefits

Options

Replies

• Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I've decided its time to find me a FWB. I have my needs, don't judge me!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Angela937 wrote: »
    [ don't judge me!

... we wouldn't dream of it.

• Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    Don't over think it, just enjoy it. Sex isn't science, it's just two people making each other feel good for a wile.. And if you develope feelings you can deal with that when that happens and if that happens. Right now you should just enjoy life and be free
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Wouldn't work for me. I don't think. Emotions get involved. But, it seems to work for others. So no judgement from me. People should live and be happy in their own way.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options

Go for it. And enjoy it!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options

Good for you! Try to pick someone who looks hungry, and be insistent if you need to. :wink:
  • Triathlete1502
    Triathlete1502 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This thread reminded me of the film, "When Harry met Sally".

- Could a platonic relationship last between a man and woman attracted to each other?

• Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options

Good for you! Try to pick someone who looks hungry, and be insistent if you need to. :wink:

You offering? ;-)
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    To my mind it is simple - how will you feel when he sleeps with someone else???? If you can live with that, then maybe. If you can't, then you have your answer.

Whilst I have not done FWB myself, I have seen the aftermath and it wasn't pretty.
  • atyrone
    atyrone Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Everytime you do it,a little bunny rabbit dies you know?
  • lexi3500
    lexi3500 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    It's not for me that. Friends with benefits I've been there & done that when I was young so I know how it is ,im older & I'm all set with that. Girls that have sex with guys u never know what there have .. ..
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Bbg340340 wrote: »
    Anyone who says no to FWB is wrong.
    Anyone who says yes to FWB is right.

People are having very strong negative reactions saying it only works for narcissists. Or saying if they never did it they are a class act. Etc. But, I know a lot of people that say it works for them. I'm sure it can have mixed outcomes depending on the circumstances.
  • Gots2Bfitter
    Gots2Bfitter Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    FWB is never a good idea from my experience
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I hold the personal belief that sex isn't a toy. Its for two people that have made an emotional and mental commitment to one another and the sex brings them together as one. Sex without the commitment is selling both parties short. And then sex is cheap. I really think that sex is far more valuable than all that. Im not saying this just out of opinion by the way. Ive been the one night stander, the playboy, the player whatever you want to call it. After every experience, i was still alone, still without someone to call my own who would be there for me when i was at my worst, and someone who i could give my heart to in an act of trantransparency and trust. Just some perspective from the male mind.

Theres no such thing as sex without emotion. Bits of your heart go to every person you sleep with. You have to ask yourself how much you want to save for that one man that youll spend the rest of your life with.

Its counter cultural and hard to do when a person is lonely, but hit the brakes and really think about the future implications and not just the present benefits. I wish i did.

Nah, that is still your opinion, whether you say it is or isn't. You personally attach meaning to sex, and that's okay. But those that do not, are not any less valuable.

Women are brought up to believe that once they have sex, they are "cheapened" because they are not pure. I would argue that this is the underlying tone to your statement, and it's a very dangerous one. There is absolutely nothing wrong with holding a high standard to sex if that's your personal choice. Others do not view it this way, and to say that there will be "future implications" furthers the idea that a male will not value a female if she was sexual, despite the fact that it's no one's business beyond stds.

I'm sorry you felt empty after each sexual encounter, but it does not mean every individual will.

Edited for a typo.
  • lexi3500
    lexi3500 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Friends with benefits it's a danger zone cause u never know what guys have these days I'm just saying my point of view . If u found a guy that's good to u has a good heart that treat u than u should stick with one guy only .
  • Pamela_43
    Pamela_43 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I have an uncle who says, benefits yes...friends no. Friendship is a relationship that requires a certain amount of caring and complicates things. I kind of see his point. So I'd say that if you are looking for someone to just hook up with make sure they know not to bring a tooth brush bc they aren't staying that long. Don't pretend to care if you don't and you are golden. Define the relationship and then you both know what to expect, if things change you can always revise the situation later.