Why are people so negative regarding clean eating?

Options

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Obviously, eating clean is going to be healthier for you. Some people can still lose weight eating whatever they want, but that's not really possible for others.

8b1.gif
    Foods are healthy if they fit into the context of your daily intake (calories and macros).
    Not true - if that were the case, you could eat glue and call it healthy if it fits in your calories. Skinny is different than healthy.

Wow. Just wow.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Obviously, eating clean is going to be healthier for you. Some people can still lose weight eating whatever they want, but that's not really possible for others.

8b1.gif
    Foods are healthy if they fit into the context of your daily intake (calories and macros).
    Not true - if that were the case, you could eat glue and call it healthy if it fits in your calories. Skinny is different than healthy.

What kind of an argument is that? I'm willing to have a friendly debate on the subject, but don't start saying that if you don't eat clean, then every substance on the earth is a food. What?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

8b1.gif

I knew a guy who ate glue.

It didn't end well.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with people who eat clean. I have a problem with the people who are judgemental and condecending.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Twinkies are fine if you can eat them while hitting all your nutrient targets

I'm sorry but "Twinkies" and "Nutrients" don't belong in the same sentence. :laugh:

Not sure if you understand what "nutrients" are. Carbs, protein, and fat are nutrients. Hence the term "macronutrients."

Sugar is a "nutritive sweetener."

Twinkies have nutrients.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

8b1.gif

You don't think this comparison is just a little outside the realm of sense?
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    poeatingglue.jpg
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

It didn't end well.

Paste >>>>>> Glue

Mmmmmm.....
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

It didn't end well.

Paste >>>>>> Glue

Mmmmmm.....

isn't paste made under the assumption that kids will eat it. i wouldn't be surprised if some wiseacre added it to the food database here... *rushes off to the food gallery to create a new food*
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options

I'm sorry but "Twinkies" and "Nutrients" don't belong in the same sentence. :laugh:

Not sure if you understand what "nutrients" are. Carbs, protein, and fat are nutrients. Hence the term "macronutrients."

Sugar is a "nutritive sweetener."

Twinkies have nutrients.

I was thinking the same thing. I think there's been a misunderstanding on what a nutrient is...
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

8b1.gif

You don't think this comparison is just a little outside the realm of sense?

maybe the lack of processed food in one's diet has a detrimental effect on the logic/reasoning portion of their brain. :laugh:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

It didn't end well.

Paste >>>>>> Glue

Mmmmmm.....

Well now you're just being silly. :tongue:
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

It didn't end well.

Paste >>>>>> Glue

Mmmmmm.....

Well now you're just being silly. :tongue:

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

"NOW"??????
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

Oh but there are nutrients

Macro nutrients in a Twinkie

Carbs 27 grams
    Protein 1 gram
    Fats 4.5 grams

and no trans fats to boot!! lol :drinker:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    well this thread has been entertaining....
  • Bellamay59
    Bellamay59 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I also suffer from Depression and Anxiety. It is hard enough to function with so much negativity......I would suggest not to give any merit to harsh remarks, rather, direct your attention to finding some folks you would like to 'friend' that are more positive, even when they do not agree. Some people don't realize they are being negative, trust me, I know some love it. This is something no one can change, you can only control what you do. So, I do struggle with many of the same issues, what I find works for me is to set little goals for myself and do my best to reach those little goals. I get very overwhelmed when I think of the big goals I have, so if you do something you deem important to you each day, celebrate that victory and celebrate you! This IS a life journey, and there are so many people that will support you! Make sure to support yourself, something we tend to forget to do! Best of luck!!!!!
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Well hit me on the head and call me shorty. I didn't know glue was food.

Who'da thunk? :laugh:
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options

Oh but there are nutrients

Macro nutrients in a Twinkie

Carbs 27 grams
    Protein 1 gram
    Fats 4.5 grams

and no trans fats to boot!! lol :drinker:

And they are back on the shelves again today ( I believe that's what I heard on the radio this am). Woot! :drinker:
  • aquamarinex
    aquamarinex Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Nineteen pages? Argh im not reading all that I'm going to get some exercise so I can eat more if I want to because as others have made the point its my diet plan not everyone's so it can include chocolate and wine etc as I choose that it does :-)
  • AmyJade_mfp
    AmyJade_mfp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've been getting discouraged when I see such negativity on the boards, not just to clean eating but any other eating plan someone doesn't agree with. Everyone is different, and everyone loses weight different ways. One way doesn't work for everyone. Maybe you can lose weight eating poptarts and cake, and I'm sure I could too but I choose not to because I would feel sluggish, lethargic and sick all the time. With clean eating I feel more energetic, less brain fog, I am HAPPIER (And considering I suffer from depression and anxiety, this is awesome) so not everyone is eating clean to lose weight. People seem to forget that.

I've been wanting to do clean eating for a while now! May I ask what you eat?