Why are people so negative regarding clean eating?

Options

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Twinkies are fine if you can eat them while hitting all your nutrient targets

I'm sorry but "Twinkies" and "Nutrients" don't belong in the same sentence. :laugh:

Oh but there are nutrients

Macro nutrients in a Twinkie

Carbs 27 grams
    Protein 1 gram
    Fats 4.5 grams

and no trans fats to boot!! lol :drinker:

And they are back on the shelves again today ( I believe that's what I heard on the radio this am). Woot! :drinker:

lol Yep way ahead of you hehehehe Got a box in the pantry already!!! Gonna grab a pack this evening and kick back and watch Zombieland :drinker:
  • KissMeImShtFaced
    Options
    Clean eating is definitely better for weight loss. That smug sense that you're better than everyone else has been proven to burn an extra 250 calories a day at rest. If you want real results though I'd recommend becoming vegan, buying local, only eating organic, giving up gluten, and doing crossfit.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I also suffer from Depression and Anxiety. It is hard enough to function with so much negativity......I would suggest not to give any merit to harsh remarks, rather, direct your attention to finding some folks you would like to 'friend' that are more positive, even when they do not agree. Some people don't realize they are being negative, trust me, I know some love it. This is something no one can change, you can only control what you do. So, I do struggle with many of the same issues, what I find works for me is to set little goals for myself and do my best to reach those little goals. I get very overwhelmed when I think of the big goals I have, so if you do something you deem important to you each day, celebrate that victory and celebrate you! This IS a life journey, and there are so many people that will support you! Make sure to support yourself, something we tend to forget to do! Best of luck!!!!!

This is good advice. Don't surround yourself with people who want to tell you that the food you love to eat is terrible, unclean, unhealthy, will give you cancer, etc.

Surround yourself with people who support your NUTRITION goals without demonizing the things you actually like.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Clean eating is definitely better for weight loss. That smug sense that you're better than everyone else has been proven to burn an extra 250 calories a day at rest. If you want real results though I'd recommend becoming vegan, buying local, only eating organic, giving up gluten, driving a Prius, and doing crossfit.

fixed it for you.
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Because people on this board love being polarized and also love making blanket assumptions.

yeah.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Obviously, eating clean is going to be healthier for you. Some people can still lose weight eating whatever they want, but that's not really possible for others.

8b1.gif
    Foods are healthy if they fit into the context of your daily intake (calories and macros).
    Not true - if that were the case, you could eat glue and call it healthy if it fits in your calories. Skinny is different than healthy.
    And this is the false dichotomy that gets trotted out every time: the implication that the only two choices are "eating clean" and "eating nothing but poison." Way to represent..
  • shasingalls
    shasingalls Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You really have to do what works for you, and forget about what everyone else is saying. They dont know you or what works for you. I dont see how clean eating cant work, but hey .. I dont know them either ;) I would say most people put you in a box when trying to decide what will or will not work ...
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Again, this is just me personally but I find if I eat whatever I want, I overdo it and binge. If I eat ice cream I just want more and more, I can't keep it below my cal limit. I find clean eating makes it easier. Why bash me for eating clean.

So ice cream isn't clean? What about Talenti ice cream?

Have you ever looked at an ingredient list for most ice creams? I have never heard of that brand so I can't say.
    I am avoiding dairy at the moment because I may be intolerant so I don't eat ice cream anyways but when I did, I have been known to eat a whole 2L tub in one sitting.
    Arctic-Zero.jpg Try this 150 calories for the entire pint! Lactose and gluten free. It tastes like a wendy's frosty.

ha, that brand was on the news for not being accurate on the label with calorie intake.

It's also gross.
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    Everything I read on the internet is accurate. I started cleaning my fast food with ammonia and bleach and drinking cancer-inducing diet cokes along with my burger detox diet. Oh and I drink water from the tap.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Clean eating is definitely better for weight loss. That smug sense that you're better than everyone else has been proven to burn an extra 250 calories a day at rest. If you want real results though I'd recommend becoming vegan, buying local, only eating organic, giving up gluten, driving a Prius, and doing crossfit.

fixed it for you.

lol.....makes me think about Jeff Dunham talking about his Prius years ago.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Obviously, eating clean is going to be healthier for you. Some people can still lose weight eating whatever they want, but that's not really possible for others.

8b1.gif
    Foods are healthy if they fit into the context of your daily intake (calories and macros).
    Not true - if that were the case, you could eat glue and call it healthy if it fits in your calories. Skinny is different than healthy.

BaconCat_zps6c0e548d.jpg
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options
    Arctic-Zero.jpg Try this 150 calories for the entire pint! Lactose and gluten free. It tastes like a wendy's frosty.

ha, that brand was on the news for not being accurate on the label with calorie intake.

It's also gross.

I've never tried it, but if that's the case, can't say that I'd be particularly surprised.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Everything I read on the internet is accurate. I started cleaning my fast food with ammonia and bleach and drinking cancer-inducing diet cokes along with my burger detox diet. Oh and I drink water from the tap.

Alright! That's it! You are ending everyone's journey with these words! Enough! I can't take it! Time to fight!~

tumblr_mgckvbF7O31r5ttcso1_400.gif
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Clean eating is definitely better for weight loss. That smug sense that you're better than everyone else has been proven to burn an extra 250 calories a day at rest. If you want real results though I'd recommend becoming vegan, buying local, only eating organic, giving up gluten, and doing crossfit.

Source?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

8b1.gif

According to calpoly edu Elmer's Glue containes 110 calories, 2 g of protein, 25 g of carbohydrates, and 0 g of fat per 28 g serving (I believe 4 oz).

So, in order to reach your calorie and macro goal for the day, if this helps you get there why not . . . it is non-toxic. you're not going to really get much nutritional value out of it, but sometimes you need 110 calories, 2 g of protein, 25 g of carbohydrates, and 0 g of fat.

or you could make your own (I've seen "healthy" eaters eat things with more, less pronouncable, ingredients)

Simple Glue Ingredients
    1/2 cup flour
    1/3 cup water

Paper Mache Glue Ingredients
    1 cup flour
    1/3 cup sugar
    1-1/2 cup water with 1 tsp white vinegar mixed in

Cornstarch Paste Ingredients
    1-1/2 cups cold water
    2 tablespoons cornstarch
    2 tablespoons corn syrup
    1 teaspoon white vinegar

Simple No-Cook Flour Paste
    1 cup flour
    1/2 cup water
    1/8 teaspoon salt
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

tumblr_lnnz7not2E1ql141xo1_250.gif
  • FitnessBeverlyHills
    Options

From what I've seen, I honestly think it's a lost cause to try and change anybody's mind. A lot of people just won't accept the scientific facts on the subject. They grew up being told that fruits, vegetables, and lean meats were healthy, and fast food, candy, and high fat foods were unhealthy, so when somebody tells them that the entire basis of their knowledge on nutrition is flawed, they won't accept it.

People are unwilling to accept that individual foods are neither healthy nor unhealthy. Foods are healthy if they fit into the context of your daily intake (calories and macros).

This is just your IIFYM OPINION stop shoving it down everyones throat, live your life.

edited...way too much Snookie
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options

From what I've seen, I honestly think it's a lost cause to try and change anybody's mind. A lot of people just won't accept the scientific facts on the subject. They grew up being told that fruits, vegetables, and lean meats were healthy, and fast food, candy, and high fat foods were unhealthy, so when somebody tells them that the entire basis of their knowledge on nutrition is flawed, they won't accept it.

People are unwilling to accept that individual foods are neither healthy nor unhealthy. Foods are healthy if they fit into the context of your daily intake (calories and macros).

This is just your IIFYM OPINION stop shoving it down everyones throat, live your life.

editted...way too much Snookie

lol, i second that, live your life.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options

editted...way too much Snookie

I have to agree - people need to remember that there is a difference between opinion and fact.
    I think we've all proven that you can list weight IIFYM and you can lose weight eating clean. You can lose weight starving yourself and you can lose weight driving Herbalife.

Losing weight does not qualify you to tell people what is healthy and what isn't, because health is way more than what you weigh or how lean you are. I spend the majorly of my time with sick people, and I promise you solving their nutritional problems is nowhere near as cut and dry as people like to pretend it is.