Homeopathic nutritionist?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    MABMomma wrote: »
    My family has recently made some major dietary changes & wanted to consult a nutritionist to ensure that our choices were suitable for our 4 year old son. We are new to the area that we live in & found what we believed was a nutritionist online.

The appointment was today & it was very interesting to say the least.

I'm sorry this happened to you. If you paid this person, who sounds like a real quack, I would ask for my money back and would report them to the state attorney general's office, who usually handles consumer protection.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    stealthq wrote: »
    MaybeLed wrote: »
    This has just reminded me, an FB friend has recently got heavily into essential oils. Fair enough, she uses them for relaxation/sleep aid etc. However, she was flogging this event (she's also a rep, MLM fun) where you could be assessed by one of these machines to tell you what essential oils you should be using. I bit my tongue but was thinking the whole time what a lot of nonsense. And she's an intelligent human being, former primary school teacher. Just goes to show how easily sucked in we as humans can be.

I have actually had some success with certain essential oils. Lavender really helps me relax. Add a few drops (since the ones I buy are really concentrated) in a bath, and afterwards I fall asleep easily. I have also had luck with peppermint oil for headaches. I dab a bit on where the headache is and it decreases the pain almost instantly. It really helps my migraines and helps to relieve the pain until medication kicks in.

A machine to tell you which to use??? Yeah that's nonsense.

I use Frankincense oil as a perfume, just roll a little on to my wrists, I picked up a big bottle in Egypt but I'm always on the lookout for more as it won't last forever, but whenever I try and look it up I'm told it'll cure/prevent cancer, boost my immune system and probably buy me a yacht.

Not sure where you live, but you may want to check occult/pagan/Wicca stores. They typically have pure essential oils. That's where I get mine.

Thanks I never thought of that, I'm in London so I'm sure there are plenty around!

You might try natural cosmetic companies also.

I occasionally buy skin care products from a very small company in Arizona called Garden of Wisdom (also the name of the website), and they sell many of the ingredients that go into the products they make - including essential oils. I checked. They do sell Frankincense oil and they ship internationally, though I don't know if their shipping rates are reasonable.

Most cosmetic shops sell very very very diluted oils and charge way too much for a product that may only contain 25% of the actual oil.

True. Or they're synthetics, or "blends." Be very wary of affordable prices for Rose (should be about $115 for .5 ounce--actually an absolute, not an oil), Jasmine (should be about $115 for .5 ounce--actually an absolute, not an oil), Melissa/Lemon Balm (should be about $90 for .5 ounce) and Neroli (Egyptian--should be about $120 for .5 ounce). The distillation process is complex and takes and abundance of resources for a small amount of product.
  • MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    singter wrote: »
    I've seen such a homeopath and it's done wonders for my life. I didn't see just any old homeopath. I did some research, talked to a few of their patients (people I already knew) and then decided to have EDS done. The person I saw was very experienced and doesn't provide supplements unnecessarily. Also, having lived in Germany and seeing some of their remedies, I like homeopathy.

What is an EDS?

Probably electrodermal screening, the process being described in the OP with the little pen-like object.

http://www.backtonaturewellnesscenter.com/services/electrodermal-screening/

Ah I see, made up crap, with you.
  • MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    singter wrote: »
    I've seen such a homeopath and it's done wonders for my life. I didn't see just any old homeopath. I did some research, talked to a few of their patients (people I already knew) and then decided to have EDS done. The person I saw was very experienced and doesn't provide supplements unnecessarily. Also, having lived in Germany and seeing some of their remedies, I like homeopathy.

What is an EDS?

Probably electrodermal screening, the process being described in the OP with the little pen-like object.

http://www.backtonaturewellnesscenter.com/services/electrodermal-screening/

I think my favourite part of this is this sentence:
    Electrodermal Screening is recognized by the FDA as a galvanic skin resistance device and, with its focus on the function of the body’s internal organs, provides a wealth of information about what is affecting the body.

How deceptive, presumably this just means the device is registered with the FDA as skin resistance device, which shows how sweaty/electrical conductance of the skin.... which does not mean the second half of the sentence.

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/electro.html
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    LOL I can support alternative medicine, but that is insane...