Lose 5 Pounds a Month- July 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• tres1967
    tres1967 Posts: 177
    Options
    I'm only getting back on track 3 days ago so I'll be happy with a 1 or 1.5 poynd loss to end the month, will weigh in on Aug 1st raring to go for the full 5 (or more)

T
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday night everyone... I'm at my mom's for the weekend - should be interesting to see how the healthy eating holds up. We went to Pizza Hut for supper, and although I ate fettucine alfredo, my portion was more modest than usual. Focus, focus, focus... One more pound to meet July's goal; one more pound; one more pound...

Thanks to all of you for all your support - I am finally at my pre-pregnancy weight!

I've one more pound to go as well. We can do it! :smile:
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    This challenge has really kept me focused! Everything just seems to be speeding up now! :drinker: 1lb to go!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Everyone!

I spent the morning sitting at my daughter's swim meet. It was fun to watch all the excited happy children swim.

I got in a 4 mile run after we got home. I took it outside today. Running outside is a lot harder than running on the treadmill. It was 80 degrees and a little sticky but I pushed through. I am so proud of myself.

Have a great rest of the day!

Terri
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Everyone!

I spent the morning sitting at my daughter's swim meet. It was fun to watch all the excited happy children swim.

I got in a 4 mile run after we got home. I took it outside today. Running outside is a lot harder than running on the treadmill. It was 80 degrees and a little sticky but I pushed through. I am so proud of myself.

Have a great rest of the day!

Terri

I am proud of you too! Way to go.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Finished my 7 mile race this morning in about 100 minutes. I wanted to be at 90, but missed it by a mile - litterally as I was at mile 6 in 90 minutes! :laugh: We thankfully avoided the heat they had predicted, however it was POURING RAIN through the whole race, all but about the last 3/4 mile! It was still pretty humid, so it actually was nice in the rain. Just had to be careful running since there are so many hills, so I didn't fall! Thankfully the lightening stopped just before the race. It still thundered a bit, but not too much.

Afterwards, Katelyn (my neice) and I came home & showered then went to lunch with my brother & sisterinlaw & her brothers. Then I went with them school shopping for clothes. They dropped me off at home at 5 pm & I took a 3.5 hour nap. My entire body is aching as all can be. My glutes are really killing me from all the hill running! I have 3 blisters on my feet too - probably because my shoes & socks were soaked from all the rain! I hope I feel better tomorrow! Its a rest day for me thankfully! :smile:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Kelly, great job on the race...100 min....and in the rain....you really inspire me....a lot of us...really!!!! and how did your niece hold up??

anyway.....wondered what the challange was for this week....need a good challange to help me loose the weight I gained while on vacation.....I will search the site more...maybe I missed it.....
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Checking in before last week of the month

My stats:
    7/1 - 203.5
    7/13 - 202
    7/21 - 201
    7/25 - 196.5 :happy: :happy:

Goal for last week of July is to keep up the drive from last week and post big for the 31st. I hit two big goals last week and want the motivation to continue. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Keep it up all for the final week of July. We CAN do it!!!!!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Kelly, great job on the race...100 min....and in the rain....you really inspire me....a lot of us...really!!!! and how did your niece hold up??

anyway.....wondered what the challange was for this week....need a good challange to help me loose the weight I gained while on vacation.....I will search the site more...maybe I missed it.....

Katelyn came in right with me in the race. We never left each other. She really actually pushed me a bit more than I would have done on my own. It was great doing it with her. She loved it with the 15,000 + runners! It is actually quite a site to see! This year was another American National race which is an Olympic Qualifier race. So it was awesome - every single entrant had to be an American Citizen! Normally the Kenyan's are all winning it, but this year NOPE - American! Yay! :bigsmile:

As for this weeks' BMK challenge - Bru & Melissa haven't let me know yet. I'm leaving now for the day with family a few hours away, so I won't know till I get home I'm sure. I know Bru will post it here for anyone that is interested!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Hello Hello, did I hear challenge? This weeks (starting tomorrow) is to try a new form of exercise and do it 3x this week at 30min each time. Maybe hiking, weight lifting, etc. This way, you control what intensity it is and EVERYONE should be able to do this challenge. Can't think of something new? Try googling exercises, you'll find loads of stuff!! I'm still searching for mine :) Food wise, try having a no meat day 2x this week and use other foods to get your protein in. I know not everyone may be able to do this one, I'm not sure I'll be able to myself, but I'll attempt it. This weeks BMK challenge was brought to us by "M" in BMK Melissa :) Hope you all had a great weekend and I'll see ya throughout the week.

XoxoxoX Bru
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    I'm in

weight as of yesterday is 273.......
  • tres1967
    tres1967 Posts: 177
    Options
    I've been off the grids for a while and am not familiar with the BMK challenges, will they be posted here or on another topic?
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Helloooo! Has everyone had a good week? :flowerforyou: My next weigh in is on Tuesday so I'm hoping to maintain my current weight or have a loss, I'll keep you updated on it lol :wink: Just a week to go...hope everyone is on track to meeting their 5lb losses! :drinker:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Going to need to bump it up a notch to reloose my 5lbs for this month (having gained 5 1/2 while on vacation) with only 1 week to go, but I am up to the challange.....very good challange doing a new exercise....I am going to try yoga first.....then go from there.....and going without meat for 2 days should be pretty easy....I am usually trying ways to get meat in......anyway....thanks again for the BMK challange, you guys are just what I need to kick my butt back into shape.....THANKS ladies....:bigsmile:
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    Good morning folks! Monday morning check in time for me. I've been really busy and haven't had alot of time to post lately. I've had a pretty good week and it adds up to a pretty decent month. Man, I can't wait to hit Onderland. I haven't been exercising lately. Last week I pulled a muscle or something in my back/hip and have tried to rest it as much as possible. I'm going to be unloading a truck in a few minutes so I hope I don't re-injure it. Wish me luck.

July 1 wt 210
    July 5 208
    July 13 207
    July 19 205.5
    July 26 203.5

July 31 Goal wt 205.....So I last a total of 6.5 lbs this month! Yay me!
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    krinio – let’s get this last pound off before Saturday!

TCASMEY – congrats on your 4-mile run! You have every reason to be proud!

kintegra – A 7-mile race in the rain?! WOW – you are truly dedicated! Congratulations! I’m sure if the weather conditions had been more positive, you could have reached your 90 min goal. Take care of yourself - sounds like you need a nice foot soak and massage after that run.

dawnsolwick – wow! 7 pounds already this month! You are kicking butt! You too, tralalara – congrats on surpassing the 5 lb goal this month! WTG, ladies!

Bru / Melissa – love the ‘no meat’ challenge; I have been actually trying to cut back on animal products, so this will help keep me focused. So far, I have been trying to go meatless at breakfast / lunch, but supper is more difficult when feeding the family…

I did overeat at the family reunion on Saturday, but not as badly as I would have in the past, so that is progress. I actually did my C25K run on my mom’s treadmill Saturday morning, so yay for me for sticking to my training schedule! I also did Week 3, Day 2 this morning.

I’m mulling over this “new exercise 3x week for 30 min” challenge… I’m sure I can manage something once or twice, but 3 times? It will be tough to fit in, on top of my regularly scheduled C25K, Pilates, and BodyFLOW… I’ll keep thinking on it.
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Not sure about the no meat challenge for me! Will have to really think about what to cook! I used to do that a lot but when I got married I married a man who loves his chicken, fish and pork...not so much read meat! Anyway will think about it. I don't know about a new exercise I have tried so many. Maybe I will look at youtube and try to find some zumba!

I was going to get up and run this morning but was still a little sore from Saturdays run that I will wait until tonight or tomorrow morning!

Exercise quote of the day

No one ever drowned in sweat.

Author Unknown

We are down to the final crunch for the month. I know I will not make 5 pounds but I also know that at the beginning of the month I could not run 5 miles. NOW I CAN!

I have gained a little this month. Is it the runner's curse of being more hungry after a run? I will have to continue to figure this out!

Mondays tend to be my full day at the home daycare so I was looking at a stress filled Monday. Mondays are also bad because the kids come in tired, crabby and not remembering the rules. But 2 of my two years called in this morning and changed their schedule. Quieter day. Need one once in a while.

Have a healthy day!

Terri
  • georgette70
    georgette70 Posts: 158
    Options
    Checking In!

July 1 - 166.6
    July 6 - 166.4
    July 12 - 163.6 and

July 26 - 161.0

Whoo Hoo...Lost 5 lbs and hopefully more by Saturday!! I am going to work my butt of this week to try and get to 159!!!!!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    I finally decided it was not water weight and changed my ticker. I am sad to report that I am up 5 pounds since April. I know it is my body missing my nap-time workouts. I got 2 new babies in the daycare at that time and they certainly do not sleep at the toddler/preschool time. I used to get on the training bike or treadmill at naptime but now the new babies are awake and I need to be with them. Maybe by Fall they will be on the same nap schedule as the rest of the kids.

But......like I have said in the past this is a journey and there will be times on the journey where things slow you down or even reverse your direction but I think I am getting back on the right path and figuring out myself in the process.

Terri
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Georgette - I see a pedicure in your very near future, which of course will look great in those new sandals! Keep up the great work! :wink: